Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*hurriedly waddles over to food-encrusted player's handbook, paws pages apart to reveal the scythe entry under "weapons", smugly smiles while wheezing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

dudeness posted:

Scythes aren't weapons, unless you're enemy is wheat.

These are redditors. Their only exposure to medieval technology is what's in d&d source books

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I got drunk at work drinks and made out with a gay coworker in the presence of my boyfriend.

quote:

The title is pretty much the long and short of it.

To give this a little context, my boyfriend (34M) and I (25F) have been together for almost 4 years and we both work at the same company, different departments. Yesterday a few of us went out for drinks after a charity event, everyone got a little too shot-happy, and I was, in particular, absolutely plastered.

There was this other gay coworker who I was hanging out with most that night, and we danced (somewhat raunchyly) and, by my twelfth drink or so, we started making out in front of everyone. If i was being honest, i barely knew what I was doing at that stage. But I think that i somehow justified that it'll be OK because this guy is gay.

My boyfriend stormed over and dragged me home. He was obviously in rage because by doing that I did showed that i had no respect for him, or any concern about his feelings either. And since everyone saw what happened, it was no longer a matter between the two of us - it'll be the talk of the office when we go back to work.

Once i sobered up I felt fairly disgusted by myself. My boyfriend didn't break up with me, god knows why.

I don't know why I am posting this here, or what sort of advice I am looking for. All I know is that it broke my heart that I hurt him like this, and that I am probably subjecting him to be the subject of ridicule at work because he is still with me. Is there anything I can do?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

dudeness posted:

I'm struggling to imagine a gluten free granola headcapable of wielding a scythe and while it is an amusing image I doubt most of them have the requisite upper body strength.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

*hurriedly waddles over to food-encrusted player's handbook, paws pages apart to reveal the scythe entry under "weapons", smugly smiles while wheezing*
BILL IS RIGHT THERE ON THE SAME WALL OF POLEARMS PAGE :rant:

Signed: Bec de'Corbin

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Power Khan posted:

throwRA - my (m30) wife (f38) insults me irl and it's spilled over to social media
ThrowRa account as this is embarrassing but,

I am wondering how common this is or if I'm making too much out of nothing.

My wife has started making digs at me, especially now that I have started to lose some hair in the front, apparently this is some kind of joke to her as I lose sleep posting about male pattern baldness help on other forums and silently freak out about my hair.

She's also telling me I've put on weight, I'm 'pudgy', I have a 'beer belly' (I drink maybe once a month) my jeans are too tight now, etc, which, yes, a few months ago I had abs, they're hibernating, it's winter, honestly I don't care as much about that but - why does she?

Yesterday I made the mistake of posting to instagram. Sort of a throwback pic from a few months back. Yes. I know. Kind of a lame concept. Maybe I brought this on myself. But imagine my surprise when I see my wife has left a dry, emoji-less comment that says "oh, that was back when you were in shape." For friends, family, and the whole world to see.

Am I overreacting?

She who owns her husband owns herself. Also the projection on this is screaming.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

BF upset that I can't swim on period.

We were planning on driving somewhere for a getaway, but we have to spend 1 night on the road before reaching the airbnb. It just so happened that there's a waterpark/resort thing midway, so it just became the natural choice for a 1-night stopover. Bf called me up excited about the pools/features at the resort ('Babe we're going swimming!!') , but I'm on my period and I told him I wouldn't be able to get in the water. Now, he already knew that I was on my period since it started literally the day before. And we've also been dating for a while so...he knows how it works. There was a bit of back and forth conversation that went something like:

Me: Aw babe but I can't swim tomorrow

Him: But you can

Me: Nah I'm on my period

Him: Just swim, dude

Me: no dude come on

etc etc

This kinda went on for about 3 times before he's like: "Just wear a tampon"

I have never used a tampon in my life, and I honestly don't feel like I'd try it because I just don't like the idea of intrusive methods of menstrual hygiene. So I say something like 'What? No dude I just told you I can't swim and I don't wanna use a tampon"

And he says, "Yes you can, you just need to get over yourself"

Things got heated at this point (Me: What???) and he just didn't understand why I didn't want to do it. I actually felt pretty bad because all the reasons I could think of were 'selfish' ones revolving around me not wanting to do it instead of something that is more 'reasonable' ("I am physical unable to use a tampon").

He hung up on me shortly after.

We were supposed to set off today around 11am-12pm, but I haven't heard anything from him even after I tried texting to ask what's the plan now. I only just got informed 1 hour ago (It's 6pm) that we were not setting off today after all. And..I also don't know what the plan is now.

What do you guys think? I guess it does look like me deliberately not choosing to inconvenience myself for a bit so both of us could have some fun, but part of me still feels pretty indignant. Am I making too big a fuss over nothing?

**TL;DR;** : Boyfriend told me to 'get over myself' and use a tampon so we can swim together. But I don't feel like it and now he's mad at me. Am I wrong to be insistent on my choice?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being upset about my wife selling her engagement ring?

I got engaged to my wife when we were 26, we had been dating for 7 years.

I got her engagement ring engraved to say “Semper amemus” which means let us always love, I spent all my savings on her engagement ring and even took a loan out to buy it, it seems silly now but I love her and she deserves the best.

We got married at 30, adopted our first child at 32, second child at 35 and now we’re both 40.

I recently found out she pawned her engagement ring for £1,200, I spent over nine thousand on her ring.

She’s telling me she’s got a bunch of pictures of it and she isn’t a jewellery person anyway which is true in all the years I’ve known her she’s only worn her crucifix and engagement/wedding ring, the wedding ring means everything to her but she doesn’t have any attachment to the engagement ring.

I’m completely upset about that

She thinks I’m an AH because it was her ring after all and it didn’t mean as much to her as it did to me

AITA?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My Husband Keeps Taking First-Class Airline Upgrades Without Me

quote:

Dear Prudence,
My husband and I both are status holders on an airline and have flown first class many times on upgrades. An issue arises, however, when we fly together. It started last year when, based on check-in time, he was offered an upgrade to first class and took it, leaving me sitting in coach without even a thought. I had a pounding migraine and was very ill. I did not want the upgrade; I wanted him to sit with me. There were many times I turned first class down to sit with him.

Most recently the situation came up again. They offered first class to both of us, as we were on the same reservation, but said they only had one seat. He jumped at it, presuming he would be the one to get it, and I snapped: No, we would stay in our seats. All times except the first time we were both in business class, just not first class, and these were cross-country red-eye flights.

I have told him I was upset when he took the upgrade and presumed he would take it again, but he says I should not be mad because he would not care if I did it to him (he would). To be clear, I don’t expect him to give me the upgrade. I just want us to only take the upgrade if we both get it. Otherwise I ask them to give my upgrade to any active-duty service member or the next status holder. While I travel alone a lot, I certainly prefer on a red-eye to have him near me as I feel safer sleeping. I always sit in the middle seat next to a stranger so he can have more room.

It just makes me feel like he’s being very selfish, but he does not see it that way at all. This is domestic first class, so it’s not that great, just more room, and yes, he’s taller, but to me it’s the fact that he presumes entitlement over me and disrespects my feelings. Am I being petty?
—Trouble at 10,000 Feet

quote:

It’s always refreshing to have a complete nonproblem. You and your husband are both mildly ridiculous (he is quite rude, which is worse), and the idea that the struggle is about moving from business class to first class is just … something. Also, “This is domestic first class, so it’s not that great” is going to stay with me for a long time. I am sure the people back in steerage by the malfunctioning toilet are deeply invested in this marital squabble.

I am, however, done joshing you and here to solve your problem. I have outlined a series of scenarios:

If your husband is actually a person with sufficiently long femurs that business-class seats make him fold up: You begin booking two first-class seats at the outset and be done with this Game of Delta Thrones.

If you both get the upgrade: You both take the upgrade.

If only one of you gets the upgrade: The person who gets the upgrade takes the upgrade. Upgrades are to be taken. Who would turn down the upgrade? Conversely, who would fume because his wife gets a hot towel and a quinoa salad? If you get the upgrade and genuinely do not want it, give it to your husband, who wants it. Now you have two seats, unless the airline jams someone in there, so there’s no reason for you to be in the middle next to a stranger.

If your reservation gets the upgrade, you have to pick: It’s called rock paper scissors, and if you want to be a martyr, just give it to your husband. But he cannot grab the upgrade and run to the front without mutual discussion.

I am sorry about your migraines. I do not think your husband can really do much to help. If this is a pattern of bulldozing your wishes, think about that.

All I could think of while reading this is that this story is very first world problem
:thermidor:

Shame about her selfish husband though

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Not a shitpost, but it would be a lot more interesting if it were

My boyfriend texted his friends that he was "pooping me out" on a date night so he could join them to play videogames afterwards.

quote:

Posting anonymously because I don't want this on my main.

Me (30F) and my boyfriend (30M) have been dating for a year and a half.

I want to start by saying that for the most part, he is amazing. Communicative (usually), responsive to my needs, overall a good person.

However.

We've been hitting a rough patch. For the last six months, our sex life has dropped significantly (from a couple times a week to a couple times a month, if that). Our latest dry spell has been three weeks. There's always excuses- depression (which I'm not dismissing, and have worked very hard to be empathetic towards and help him through, especially considering I share the diagnosis), being sick, being tired from work, etc.

The last several dates we've been on, I've arranged and sponsored. Our last one I was especially looking forward to, since it was a very fancy place, and I was looking forward to spending the quality time. I'm always secretly hoping that the physical aspect of our relationship will reconnect. Despite my overt efforts, it hasn't. That evening, we ended the night short because he "wasn't feeling well".

Tonight he took the initiative to take me out... Dinner was great, conversation was great. Until later, he was showing me something a friend of his texted in a group chat, and the last thing he sent to his friends in the chat was that he was "pooping [me] out for a 9 pm bedtime and would hopefully be on later (to game)".

I was livid. I told him that it was inconsiderate for him to expect to "wear me out" on a date night so that he could go game with his friends, ESPECIALLY since he spent hours gaming with them the last three previous nights. He keeps telling me that it's not what he meant, that I'm reading it wrong, etc, but all I can see is that he was prioritizing getting through our time together so that he could hop on his PlayStation and play videogames.

I don't know how to communicate with him how disappointed I am, even more so because he is acting defensively and saying he did nothing wrong. I wanted this time to reconnect- he apparently was looking forward to whatever happened after we were done.

Where do I go from here? Any constructive advice is welcome in terms of communication.

EDIT- a word.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being upset about my wife selling her engagement ring?

I got engaged to my wife when we were 26, we had been dating for 7 years.

I got her engagement ring engraved to say “Semper amemus” which means let us always love, I spent all my savings on her engagement ring and even took a loan out to buy it, it seems silly now but I love her and she deserves the best.

We got married at 30, adopted our first child at 32, second child at 35 and now we’re both 40.

I recently found out she pawned her engagement ring for £1,200, I spent over nine thousand on her ring.

She’s telling me she’s got a bunch of pictures of it and she isn’t a jewellery person anyway which is true in all the years I’ve known her she’s only worn her crucifix and engagement/wedding ring, the wedding ring means everything to her but she doesn’t have any attachment to the engagement ring.

I’m completely upset about that

She thinks I’m an AH because it was her ring after all and it didn’t mean as much to her as it did to me

AITA?

Biggest red flag, why sell the ring for 1/8 of its value?

Typically its drugs, cheating, gambling, or hidden debt. If you cant wait to sell through a reputable merchant and need cash now, that's the point of a pawn shop.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

white isn't a race it's a banner of economic imperialist superiority. this is why the japanese are white but rednecks aren't. hope this clarifies things.

You ever see a statement so dumb that you can't figure out if it's sarcastic?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chitoryu12 posted:

You ever see a statement so dumb that you can't figure out if it's sarcastic?

I have a diary, yes

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

pentyne posted:

Biggest red flag, why sell the ring for 1/8 of its value?

Typically its drugs, cheating, gambling, or hidden debt. If you cant wait to sell through a reputable merchant and need cash now, that's the point of a pawn shop.
I was wondering about the wording of “found out recently” - not that she told him about it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
It's also very possible he paid waaaaay above the normal value on it and is only learning now.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wonder if he's still paying the loan on the ring. I doubt it as I'd imagine he'd have mentioned it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

StrangersInTheNight posted:

It's also very possible he paid waaaaay above the normal value on it and is only learning now.

Pawnshops don't pay anything remotely near the actual value of jewelry. She got £1,200, but the shop will sell it for £5-6,000.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

DemoneeHo posted:

My Husband Keeps Taking First-Class Airline Upgrades Without Me

All I could think of while reading this is that this story is very first world problem
:thermidor:

Shame about her selfish husband though

They are both arseholes and therefore perfect for each other.

Also rolled my eyes at the "give my upgrade to a serving member of the armed forces" poo poo. It really is gross how America idolises soldiers for merely serving in the military rather than respecting soldiers for their own individual contributions and sacrifices.

How about give my seat to any single parents on board? Or teachers?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

WIBTA if I named my son Scythe?

Mods, please change my username to big weapons people. That is so loving rad. :black101:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My(30M) wife(28F) wants to date a guy she met over a video game, to she is she still wants to be married to me. It's killing me inside.
My wife and I are in a low period and we're both not as happy as we used to be. She says she wants to date someone else, to see if she wants to be with me, or if she'll be happier with someone else. She says that I don't give her enough emotional attention and affection. She says that I'm not romantic or spontaneous enough for her anymore. She says that she will date him when he moves to our state in a few months if our relationship doesn't improve.

I knew we had problems, but she dropped the part about dating someone else on me yesterday.

I love my wife but I don't know what I want to do. On one hand, I love my wife so much and I want to fight for us to work, even if that means me failing. On the other hand, I'm so hurt and torn up that she would talk to someone else about dating them while we're married to each other. To me, that's already cheating.

I know I have my faults. I know that I get stuck in my own head, or too preoccupied with whatever micro life crisis we need to deal with now (our child, bills, whatever normal life thing that pops up). That I'm not spontaneous enough for her. Or romantic enough for her anymore.

I want to change those negative things about myself and have a happy and loving life with her, but I'm just so hurt by the actions she's already taken.

I feel like I always give a lot of myself to her through my actions. I try to make her life as comfortable and as pampered as I am able to. I try to show her how much I love her through the things I do for her, some at exhausting cost to me.

I'm not sure what I should do, or even what grievances I'm in the right about anymore. I just know I don't want to feel like this anymore.

Edit: I'm sorry that I want able to respond to everyone. Thank you all so much for the advice. I am looking into counseling at the advice of several. I love my wife with my whole heart and I have to do what I can, even if that means failing doing so. I don't have anyone in my life too talk to about things this important to me. Thank you all so much.

Edit:Edit: I have to go to sleep now I work night shift so I had to do this before bed. Again, thank you all so much.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
How does anyone get more than 5 words into one of those open relationship cuckversations before realizing their feeling are unrequited?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

therobit posted:

The only way to get what you want is to become a poly yourself
Can you do that?

My dear, sweet child, that's what I do
It's what I live for
To help unfortunate merfolk like yourself
Poor souls with no one else to turn to

I admit that in the past I've been a nasty
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch
But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light, and made a switch
To this
And I fortunately know a little magic
It's a talent that I always have possessed
And dear lady, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, the lonely, and depressed (Pathetic)

Poor monogamous souls
In pain, in need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor monogamous souls
So sad, so true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Sluts, Ursula, please!"
And I help them
Yes I do

Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes I've had the odd complaint
About the taste of diseased taint
From those poor monogamous souls

Have we got a deal?
If I become poly, I'll never be normal or well adjusted again
But you'll have your man
Life's full of tough choices, isn't it?
Oh, and there is one more thing
We haven't discussed the subject of payment
But I don't have-
I'm not asking much, just a token really, a trifle
What I want from you is your self respect
But without my self respect, how can I-
You'll have your looks, your lumpy, pasty face
And don't underestimate the importance of body language, ha!

The men up there don't like abundant passion
They think a girl who gets spit roasted is a whore
Yet on land it's much preferred for ladies not to say a word
And after all dear, what's compersion for?
Come on, they're not all that impressed with cohabitation
True gentlemen avoid it when they can
But they dote and swoon and fawn
On a lady who's fluid bonded
With 3 guys a girl and an enby who is pan

Come on you poor monogamous soul
Go ahead
Make your choice
I'm a very busy woman and I haven't got all day
It won't cost much
Just your self respect!
You poor unfortunate soul
It's sad but true
If you want to cross the bridge, my sweet
You've got the pay the toll
Take a gulp and take a load
And go ahead and open your holes
Flotsam, Jetsam, now I've got her, boys
The boss is on a roll
This poor monogamous soul!

I enjoyed this.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I hope she breaks up with this fuckin trash manbaby and finds a partner who actually respects her and her body. :murder:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ikanreed posted:

How does anyone get more than 5 words into one of those open relationship cuckversations before realizing their feeling are unrequited?

willful ignorance

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I hope she breaks up with this fuckin trash manbaby and finds a partner who actually respects her and her body. :murder:

I agree, but she's also a moron.

Also with the lady who kept loving with her sleeping boyfriend and he spit on her; serious red flag that he will likely escalate and become physically abusive, so run away, but she's a loving idiot and I can't imagine dating someone that obnoxious.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I googled to see if adult swim diapers are a thing and apparently they are so :shrug:

They should just break up though.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ikanreed posted:

Low self-esteem, likely emotional abuse by their partners, and sunk cost fallacy.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Now correct me if I'm wrong on my female anatomy, it's not one of my strengths, but if she got in the pool with a tampon it would basically expand like an inflatable lifeboat and kill her, right? I think that's how it works.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Power Khan posted:

My(30M) wife(28F) wants to date a guy she met over a video game, to she is she still wants to be married to me. It's killing me inside.

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man? Don't date gamers. Don't talk to gamers. Don't even accept the existence of gamers. You need to :sever: and get out of this relationship pronto, on your terms.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

cumshitter posted:

Now correct me if I'm wrong on my female anatomy, it's not one of my strengths, but if she got in the pool with a tampon it would basically expand like an inflatable lifeboat and kill her, right? I think that's how it works.

Cumshitter you can easily look this kind of thing up. Tampons aren't lifeboats. They are like the dinosaur sponges but actually come to life when immersed in water and activated by blood. In ancient days women used to ride their activated tampon companions, or tampanions as they were known, for miles.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

dudeness posted:

Yeah, they were immedietly called out for that in the comments, and refreshingly Reddit all agreed it's basically child abuse to name your kid stupid poo poo that'll get them bullied

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

cumshitter posted:

A woman using a tampon is a witch and she will melt the second she touches water.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

A woman using a tampon is a witch and she will melt the second she touches water.

So that's how gamer girl bath water is made?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

cumshitter posted:

Gamer girls are powerful dark witches and you can never be sure what they're plotting against you.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

cumshitter posted:

*getting dragged away by the secret police*

It's GAMER GIRLS!

GAMER GIRL BATH WATER IS MADE OUT OF GAMER GIRLS

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

*getting dragged away by the secret police*

It's GAMER GIRLS!

GAMER GIRL BATH WATER IS MADE OUT OF GAMER GIRLS

The Soylent Green euthanasia room but it's an old man blasting the end credits to Smash Bros.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

cumshitter posted:

Not quite, tampons can only absorb 2 liters of liquid so it would only expand to one of those red life preservers from Baywatch.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 23, 2019

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

Not a shitpost, but it would be a lot more interesting if it were

My boyfriend texted his friends that he was "pooping me out" on a date night so he could join them to play videogames afterwards.

"You're reading it wrong, I meant that I was literally going to unhinge my jaw and ingest you whole"

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Miserable Maid posted:

Yeah, they were immedietly called out for that in the comments, and refreshingly Reddit all agreed it's basically child abuse to name your kid stupid poo poo that'll get them bullied

i got a distant relation who named their kid something like "Vash Adam Stanley Hicks". a recursive anagram anime name.

the only thing i remember about him other than his kid's name is that when we were toddlers he used to eat dog turds out of the back yard. like, dried up white 1970s style dog turds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

therobit posted:

I agree, but she's also a moron.

Like how do you go through life using only pads? I mean its possible I suppose but good lord.