Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

That's where he needed to be last season but then he had a good spring training and SPRING TRAINING NUMBERS SPRING TRAINING NUMBERS.

He still has good speed and one of the best OF arms in baseball but ughhhhhhhhhh

Also hes the only decent outfielder on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Tigers starting pitchers, first 39 games: 2.63 ERA
Tigers starting pitchers, last 8 games: 9.00 ERA
Me, last 8 games: :sigh:

Also they've only lost 2 games in the division race, because the AL Central is bad.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

Tigers starting pitchers, first 39 games: 2.63 ERA
Tigers starting pitchers, last 8 games: 9.00 ERA
Me, last 8 games: :sigh:

Also they've only lost 2 games in the division race, because the AL Central is bad.

I think you might want to look up the definition of a 'race'.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

zakharov posted:

AJ Ellis "severely sprained" his ankle celebrating the no-hitter yesterday, because God is cruel.

Francisco Cervelli: possibly available!

Jesus loving Christ

Can Don ban all dodgers from end-game celebrations already

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DoctaFun posted:

I think you might want to look up the definition of a 'race'.

four midgets versus usain bolt is still a "race"; they gotta cross the finish line eventually

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I would like to invite the human garbage Francisco Rodriguez to eat my turds.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
At least Phil Coke has finally found his role as "innings eater for games we were going to lose anyways."

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I would like to invite the human garbage Francisco Rodriguez to eat my turds.

Iron Sheik account spotted...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Re: Papelbon out late with Ellsbury

Was that around the time Ellsbury was scratched with 'flu like symptoms' such as dehydration & puking & grody stories about this dive bar he found.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Minarch posted:

At least Phil Coke has finally found his role as "innings eater for games we were going to lose anyways."

He's one notch above Danny Worth at this point, and even that is arguable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerkface posted:

Re: Papelbon out late with Ellsbury

Was that around the time Ellsbury was scratched with 'flu like symptoms' such as dehydration & puking & grody stories about this dive bar he found.

A visit to Paddy's pub is to blame for his recent slump.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Yordano Ventura just got yanked in the third after throwing a 91 mph fastball.

:rip:

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Mirror image of Fernandez's last start vs. SD

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I don't like these new, incompetent Tigers. :(

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Legalize HGH for pitcher's recovery

(They can't catch it anyway, so get on it pitchers!)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats Jeff Samardzija, you did it, you won a game in 2014.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Watch Ryu Hyunjin's pitching RIGHT NOW

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So a bit of an incoming e/n post but it's baseball related and I think it's cool:

My 91 year old grandpa got to go to DC last month with a bunch of other WW2 vets to see the memorial there as part of a non-profit group that works to get vets over there for free. Today on Memorial Day they got honored at the Mariner game prior to the start of the game on the field and the players came out and shook their hands. My grandpa got to meet Lloyd McClendon right before the game. It was rad as heck.

Despite all the camo uniforms and Support Are Troops, sometimes the teams can do some really cool promotions on Memorial Day :unsmith:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

zakharov posted:

Yordano Ventura just got yanked in the third after throwing a 91 mph fastball.

:rip:

:rip: indeed

quote:

Andy McCullough
‏@McCulloughStar
Yordano Ventura left with "lateral elbow discomfort." He will undergo an MRI tomorrow.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Someone needs to make a .gif of Scrooge mcDuck swimming through a vault full of gold coins, except with dr. James Andrews head on Scrooge and replace the gold coins with UCLs.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I WANT TO GET OFF DR ANDREWS' WILD RIDE

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

goddammit

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Obviously none of these weak-rear end pitchers are as tough as Nolan Ryan. No pitchers from this point on should ever make the HOF. Just induct Dr Andrews and add a * for every surgery.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DoctaFun posted:

Someone needs to make a .gif of Scrooge mcDuck swimming through a vault full of gold coins, except with dr. James Andrews head on Scrooge and replace the gold coins with UCLs.

His cut on this surgery isn't as much as you'd think after he pays all the royalties to Tommy John.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Laderhan posted:

I WANT TO GET OFF DR ANDREWS' WILD RIDE

I made this joke like 2 months ago step it up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MassRafTer posted:

His cut on this surgery isn't as much as you'd think after he pays all the royalties to Tommy John.

also because he doesn't do most of them

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
George Springer hit his 8th home run tonight, taking the team lead despite joining the team on April 16th and not hitting his first home run in the majors until May 8th. At this rate, he'll hit 57 dingers by season's end. Of course, there's zero chance that happens, but I'm guessing he hits ~30 home runs this year, which is still a big deal.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

MassRafTer posted:

Well yeah, I'm sure Coca-Cola doesn't make much money on the sale of one can of coke either. He obviously makes his money on bulk.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

seiferguy posted:

So a bit of an incoming e/n post but it's baseball related and I think it's cool:

My 91 year old grandpa got to go to DC last month with a bunch of other WW2 vets to see the memorial there as part of a non-profit group that works to get vets over there for free. Today on Memorial Day they got honored at the Mariner game prior to the start of the game on the field and the players came out and shook their hands. My grandpa got to meet Lloyd McClendon right before the game. It was rad as heck.

Despite all the camo uniforms and Support Are Troops, sometimes the teams can do some really cool promotions on Memorial Day :unsmith:

That is pretty awesome... I hope your grandpa had a grand old time, and as much as I hate the hero worship these days, I thank him for his service in a very important war :unsmith:

Please no :can:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

But seventeen straight no-hit innings!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

seiferguy posted:

This is cool. Thanks for sharing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

That's really awesome.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

JackssWastedLife posted:

That is pretty awesome... I hope your grandpa had a grand old time, and as much as I hate the hero worship these days, I thank him for his service in a very important war :unsmith:

Please no :can:

I think we can all agree with the sentiment of Support Our Grandpas no matter what our politics are like :unsmith:

e: On the possibility of trading Chase Utley:

Rube posted:

It's such a moot point, there's nothing to discuss. I don't know if we'll completely 'sell' ever. We can revamp, but we can't completely sell out. We have to have a contending team in 2015 or '16 -- or at least a competitive team.
:unsmigghh:

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 27, 2014

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

A couple weeks ago, MLB made every non-official baseball podcast take team names out of their podcast tittles/descriptions, now they're applying the scorched earth policy to video games, it appears.

From the Baseball Simulations thread:

quote:

Just a heads up: MLB contacted the developers of OOTP and asked they take team nicknames out of the game, so the latest patch (3.1.something) will fix bugs, add some 3D stuff, and take out team names. Apparently this also applies to minor league teams as well.

I imagine the modding community will try to find a way to work around this, but for now you are stuck manually editing the names yourself. Some good news is that it doesn't apply to saved games, just new ones.

So MLB is basically taking the "gently caress you, pay me" approach with everything.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes, alienate your fan base for a few extra dollars. Good going MLB.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
There's gotta be a database that charts injuries by type to major leaguers, right?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

tadashi posted:

A couple weeks ago, MLB made every non-official baseball podcast take team names out of their podcast tittles/descriptions, now they're applying the scorched earth policy to video games, it appears.

From the Baseball Simulations thread:

So MLB is basically taking the "gently caress you, pay me" approach with everything.

Way to go, MLB. You already ignored two of the three consoles in the last generation, and your only non-PS4 offering this generation is a loving upscaled iPhone game. :thumbsup:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Timby posted:

Way to go, MLB. You already ignored two of the three consoles in the last generation, and your only non-PS4 offering this generation is a loving upscaled iPhone game. :thumbsup:

They're not ignoring consoles. 2K signed an exclusive rights deal with MLB in response to EA doing the same with the NFL. The Show gets around this because it's developed by Sony and not a third party developer. The reason the other consoles don't have baseball games is because 2K Sports made lovely baseball games that nobody bought so they axed them.

e: and I'm not sure what you mean about them ignoring consoles last gen, there was a game for all of them like every year. Sure they were terrible, but that's not MLB's fault.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mornacale posted:

I think we can all agree with the sentiment of Support Our Grandpas no matter what our politics are like :unsmith:

e: On the possibility of trading Chase Utley:

:unsmigghh:
I just can't understand how he hasn't been fired already, at this point I just think the whole organization is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Attendance in Philly is already down 20% this year over last.

2012 - 44,000
2013 - 37,000
2014 - 30,000

I am not sure why they think "blowing it up" is such a bad thing when the current course of action is pretty terrible.

• Locked thread