Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

lots of incorrect info, missing events, printing errors.

Ah, just like the New Leaf one. It's tradition at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
The idea of a printed strategy guide for a game that is getting seasonal content updates for events and stuff is pretty funny

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
People who buy physical strategy guides... Do you also enjoy going to Blockbuster and sending a Fax?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Grapplejack posted:

lots of incorrect info, missing events, printing errors.

Like the page that says CJ and Flick are just "business partners"

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I didn't come here to be viciously attacked like this

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People who buy physical strategy guides... Do you also enjoy going to Blockbuster and sending a Fax?

Yes, why?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I bought the book because it was cheap and I thought it would be cute. Never showed up but uh less eager to look at it now :sigh:

That said anyone know what doorplates there are? I feel like there's only 4 unique ones in the entire danged game and I want to give fitting ones to villagers.

I have a dozen different kind of flowers and a egg one
Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I bought the book because it was cheap and I thought it would be cute. Never showed up but uh less eager to look at it now :sigh:

That said anyone know what doorplates there are? I feel like there's only 4 unique ones in the entire danged game and I want to give fitting ones to villagers.

Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish

there's a fruit wreath you can craft

also a paw-print doorplate diy

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish
I've seen a "royal" one, I think? It was like, a noble crest with a fair number of customization options

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
coat of arms doorplate too

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish

There's a fossil doorplate that needs an unidentified fossil to craft.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

I've seen a "royal" one, I think? It was like, a noble crest with a fair number of customization options

oh yeah there's a "crest doorplate", also a DIY

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I sit a foot and a half away from several hundred dollars worth of physical music and video media, mostly cassette tapes. A physical strategy guide wouldn't even phase me.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish

There's one shaped like a bone that says 'welcome'. There's also this snappy fossil one:

https://twitter.com/JProntis/status/1253779964056354816?s=20

Happy to craft either if anyone's interested.

Edit: Wrong picture, but I'm leaving it there anyway. THIS is the one I meant to post:

https://twitter.com/JProntis/status/1253783112858759169?s=20

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish

there's a shell doorplate too, perfect for a house on the beach!

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I want to rearrange my island to live up to its namesake, but I'm going to have to move A LOT of buildings. Can I move everything and I just takes a day or are there restrictions?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Thanks to everyone who came to my humble island of 3 Flats and helped a dumb internet rando with their social anxiety :love:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

d3lness posted:

I want to rearrange my island to live up to its namesake, but I'm going to have to move A LOT of buildings. Can I move everything and I just takes a day or are there restrictions?

You can move one building per day.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

d3lness posted:

You can’t move resident services and the plaza, or the airport.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.
Anyone with good turnip prices willing to reopen?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I started my art gallery with the 'academic painting', Vitruvian Man! A good start. :3:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I am twelve years old.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Something I’ve wondered:

On a day where a fruit tree isn’t producing fruit, can it drop bees/furniture/bells? Or does it never act as a regular tree?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I don't know how many times I've had to say this in the past week, but: please do not eat the cats

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Opening back up for a bit in case anyone needs to sell. Turnips are going for 513. If you've got rare flowers to share, that's awesome, otherwise just bringing yourself is fine!

https://turnip.exchange/island/bd97db2a

Excuse my island, it's kind of messy right now. In the middle of terraforming and stuff.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

So one of my villager's houses is like one square off from the gird of the rest of them. Every time I try and place the new house kit it says "If I place structures too close to each other, it'll block the flow of traffic. Better choose another place!" Is this because of the spot in particular or because the new house outline is like 90% taken up by where the house is now? In order to move a house like a tiny bit north or south do I have to move it elsewhere and then move it back?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:lmao:
I would also constantly be tempted if I had a fruit cat wandering around.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Digital Osmosis posted:

So one of my villager's houses is like one square off from the gird of the rest of them. Every time I try and place the new house kit it says "If I place structures too close to each other, it'll block the flow of traffic. Better choose another place!" Is this because of the spot in particular or because the new house outline is like 90% taken up by where the house is now? In order to move a house like a tiny bit north or south do I have to move it elsewhere and then move it back?

From everything I’ve heard, it’s the latter. They’ve made it so if you want to move a building slightly, you need to move it completely out of its own way first and then move it back to the slightly different position. That part is definitely dumb even to the biggest animal crossing clunkiness defender.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Can you have a backwards style incline or do they only go slope up one way? I was wondering if you could make a ramp using them

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Seymour Buttz posted:

From everything I’ve heard, it’s the latter. They’ve made it so if you want to move a building slightly, you need to move it completely out of its own way first and then move it back to the slightly different position. That part is definitely dumb even to the biggest animal crossing clunkiness defender.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that's really dumb. Looks like I'll be doing some time traveling tomorrow, once Marina's safely moved in.

The first (and so far only) time I time traveled I had an empty lot from starting the game and when I got back to the present it was a fully moved in house with Butch living there. Creepy poo poo. I must have accidentally stepped on a butterfly.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Desperate Character posted:

Can you have a backwards style incline or do they only go slope up one way? I was wondering if you could make a ramp using them

I think it just goes wherever the cliff is. I have a section that goes up in the front and down in the back

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Desperate Character posted:

As in going upwards from North to South? Absolutely.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

What 1970s sitcom dad furniture set is this? Can I come touch it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey goons! My turnips are currently 520! I'm going to be semi-AFK but feel free to stop by.

closed for now, storming out, will probably have a power outage.. PM me if you're desperate (eastern time)

I won't turn down tips as I (somewhat foolishly) sold my turnips earlier in the week in the 400's, but please don't feel obligated.

Also, Hamlet is in boxes if anyone cares.. He's been with me since Day 1 but he's moving on so Cherry can join us. And Ellie happens to be making a Grass Skirt, but, you know.. who cares.

Please don't stomp my flowers. :)

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 25, 2020

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Skull and Crossbones
Welcome Heart
Fish

How do you even get doorplates to hang on your villagers' houses? I was trying to do this last night and it just kept telling me that a doorplate should go on my own door. If you gift it to them, do they use it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

fizzy-o posted:

How do you even get doorplates to hang on your villagers' houses? I was trying to do this last night and it just kept telling me that a doorplate should go on my own door. If you gift it to them, do they use it?

In my experience, yes, they will.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Eunice moves in and her house is just a laundry mat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Katt's birthday is coming up, and I'm going to gift her an iron crest doorplate.