Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

My impression was certainly more of a "d'aaawwwwww" seeing as Sanju's been trying to put the moves on her since, well, they first met and Abeena is all "job first, romance later". Logically, now that the job is done and he's there now she can be all "I got time, let's go do what comes naturally".

On a similar note, the added dialogue from Renald was priceless, I actually forgot you hadn't left his office yet :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That doesn't bode well. Nothing good has ever been named "Eradicator".

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Glazius posted:

That doesn't bode well. Nothing good has ever been named "Eradicator".

I disagree: http://www.hulu.com/watch/173732

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Moon Slayer posted:

Of course this view breaks down if you see the Agent character as a real smooth James Bond-type secret agent, but I like my way better and hey it's my character so I can make that decision!

It's even more awkward if all you can think of is the weird imperial fetish guy that lamadar is showcasing, and you think of it as a 'and then the smurfed' situation.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

16. Resistance: Resisted

Khem and I went over the plan one more time before entering the factory proper to make sure we didn't get any parts wrong: Cause as much chaos and destruction as possible.

Click here for Video. Watch This.

I hear you perfectly--we'll start scanning the interior now. Hold on... someone cut through this interference!
Pardon my interruption. I'm Grand Marshal Cheketta, formerly of the Republic Army.
So you're the proud leader of these gutless wonders?
If they're so gutless, why haven't you beaten them after all these years?

Fresh "volunteers," who've taken a leave of absence to join the Balmorran resistance. Taste of what's coming.
You've sent these people to their deaths.
If that's true, I'll shed a tear.
Go! Go!

One Jedi or a hundred. What difference does it make?
Don't let your ego cost me my planet. My people are performing a full scan of the factory now that the defenses are down. I'll patch you in to the report.
My lord, we're detecting unusual signals from inside the factory. What appears to be a... hyperspace beacon. It shouldn't be possible... it must've taken them decades.
Don't underestimate their engineers or their resources. What can it do?
In theory, starships could follow the beacon and jump in-system almost directly overhead.
The Republic is flying reinforcements straight to the Balmorran Arms Factory and bypassing our defenses.
All this time the Republic and their engineers were boxed in, they were laying the groundwork for invasion.

This is how they did it during the war--multiple strike teams, strategic objectives, one Jedi per military squad. They took entire planets. They know we see them. They're rushing to land now!
If they're heading to the factory, we can stop them from the ground.

Fail me now, and we perish with Balmorra.

I had to give the Republic credit where it was due; they set up shop fast. I had to find Cheketta quickly and put an end to all this.

...after we handle this. You're drat tough, you know that?
Jedi and a grand marshal, dead at my hand.
Weapons out!

Did you think you could take Balmorra? Did you think you could defeat me? I am a master of the dark side.
You are what you are. Listen, please. I know how much the Empire wants to expose the Republic's... involvement in Balmorra. Publicly. I can confess the truth of the invasion--if you help my men.
Dead Jedi, Republic transports... even before I came to the factory, I met squads of Republic troops. Why do I need your confession?
Because you know the truth, but the rest of the galaxy doesn't--and they'll trust my word over yours. Let the Balmorrans and the non-combatants leave. Treat the Republic soldiers fairly, as prisoners of war. Help them, and I'll tell everyone we violated the treaty.

I... appreciate that.

Sounds like your troops made it inside. Keep your word, I'll keep mine.
Your troops can live, Cheketta--but someone has to pay. Once you've confessed, you will be executed.
Huh. I can't say I'm surprised. But I've made worse deals.

Sir! Squad 815. Darth Lachris sent us to reinforce your position.
Take the grand marshal into custody. We're done for now.
Understood. There's fighting all over the factory, but it looks like a victory. Orders are to regroup at the outpost when you can--sir!

What a day. I'd taken out several Jedi, the Grand Marshal, and who knows how many scores of other troops and droids! Have you ever seen a Dashade smile? Well no, I haven't either, but-Nevermind. Finally, everything was done and I cou--THE VAULT!

I'd fought past Colicoids, the Balmorran Resistance, the Republic Military and even Jedi but the holocron was finally in view. That had to be where it was being stored and what luck! There was nothing left to get in my

I truly, truly hate this planet.

The second holocron was mine. I could report to Darth Zash of my success. I swore that if any of the others were like this I would kill every man, woman and wookiee in the galaxy.

Got a promotion, eh?
Yes, thank you--got Major Bessiker's old job. Yes, um, as the new resources officer here on Balmorr, I just wanted to apologize for the behavior of the late Major Bessiker. His son's mission was not a military matter, and the major had no right to demand your valuable time in that way.
I couldn't agree more.
I Just hope you remember my role in helping you find what you were after.
I never neglect to repay a service rendered.
You'll always be welcome here on Balmorra, sir.
A Sith is welcome wherever she goes.
Absolutely. No question of it. It is a pleasure to serve. Well, um, good luck with--with whatever it is you're doing.

All that was left to do was to fight my way past the final Colicoids and find a way out. The original shaft I came in was not in the best conditions so hopefully there would be another exit. I made a mental note to get a radiation check up when I was through.

A working elevator that would take me right to the top! Happy days, something finally goes my

There are no words.

You smell like smoke and blood. Let me show you something.

We broke the peace treaty that keeps our worlds whole, and for that, I apologize to all citizens of the galaxy.
There are protests on the streets of Coruscant. Republic ships are withdrawing from three sectors. You humiliated them.
It wasn't about humiliation. It was about revealing the truth.
If you like, though that wasn't my priority. I'm gathering troops for a clean sweep of the Balmorran Arms Factory--I'm making it my base of planetary operations. My governorship would be very different without you. You have my gratitude for your assistance.

He was nothing, and I am Sith. You should remember that. It's time I return to ruling--there are new reports of resistance activity. Should you choose to remain on Balmorra, perhaps I'll call on you again.

Click here for Video.

Excellent. I trust Major Bessiker was a good help. I've traced another artifact to Nar Shaddaa, but I'm still trying to locate the other two. I'll see what I can learn while you're on Nar Shadda. Now, hurry. There can be no gain without haste.

I set the flight computer to take the scenic route to Nar Shadda and set off to go sleep for an eternity.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 20, 2012

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does our pet killin' machine have any trouble around radiation? Or is it just pretty terrain and not chemical burn patches?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The game's pretty good about making terrain like that do damage over time to anyone standing in it.

It's just that the damage is so negligible you can ignore it 99% of the time.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh good, I got this...thing.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Utinni!

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Moon Slayer posted:

YES!

I have no idea what's going on here, but I'm pretty sure there's no need to. That is GLORIOUS!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's a Jawa with rockets and a confetti launcher on its butt floating with some balloons around my head. Pretty self explanatory.

Also for the pure hell of it I picked up two of the random item packs from the Cartel store since as a subscriber I get free coins. They gave me a pink crystal, some level 6 crafting material, a unique speeder (which is just an ordinary speeder with some extra parts stuck on it) and a Flashpoint XP boost consumable. Oh, and now I can throw a ball and it bounces off other player's heads. Definitely some well spent real world money.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Jesus what a clusterfuck. But given every other thing related to TOR has been a horrible rushed mess is it any surprise their F2P-related stuff is the same?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Jawa balloons! :argh: :argh: :argh:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Jawa balloons! :argh: :argh: :argh:

FILTHY CREATURES! :kratos:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

So the last time we were all together running a flashpoint (which will be the next update from me) we discussed the possibility of forming a guild. There are four of us, the minimum to form a guild, and we figured it'd be cool for anyone who reads the thread and plays on Dalborra to join in. All we need is a name.

So, its voting time! What should our guild name be?

I like the name Retsupurae, myself.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Dammit, stop tempting me into spending money on a subscription to this game again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is anybody from the States playing on Dalborra? Is lag an issue?

(Why aren't Legacies cross-server, BW?)

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Florida here. While my ping tended to be around 215ms, it doesn't lag badly. (although I haven't been on since the F2P, so I don't know if the population jumped much and if that affected it) For comparison, see my flashpoint videos for my perspective on lag.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I play from Taiwan, and I get a worse ping than on US servers, and my friend who plays from the US on the same server gets a better connection than me. No I don't understand it.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I play from Nevada and I want to say my ping is similar to Lamadar's but I've honestly never checked because I haven't experienced lag enough to consciously think about it.

(And because BioWare is dumb and smelly and a bag of jerks.)

spoony_pandora
Oct 14, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

So the last time we were all together running a flashpoint (which will be the next update from me) we discussed the possibility of forming a guild. There are four of us, the minimum to form a guild, and we figured it'd be cool for anyone who reads the thread and plays on Dalborra to join in. All we need is a name.

So, its voting time! What should our guild name be?

I like the name Retsupurae, myself.

How about Emperor's Aces

Club: Mortiferous who gets in close and bashes people
Spade: Atronie for working through the earth to find artifacts
Diamond: Lamadar acquiring wealth and fame through fire and pressure
Heart: Abeena Moonslayer for persuasion and seduction

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

spoony_pandora posted:

How about Emperor's Aces

Club: Mortiferous who gets in close and bashes people
Spade: Atronie for working through the earth to find artifacts
Diamond: Lamadar acquiring wealth and fame through fire and pressure
Heart: Abeena Moonslayer for persuasion and seduction

That is really cheesy. I love it.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

You can even have a cheesy catchphrase like "We'll deal the Republic a killer hand!"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Feinne posted:

"We'll deal the Republic a killer hand!"

Douchebags.

Sure, it sounds it could be fun.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 21, 2012

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

[S] Atronie: Become Spades Slick :unsmigghh:

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

Bounty Hunter: Update 18 – Once more into the Breach

Click here for the Cutscene

: Considering we barely made it out of there alive, I think significant compensation is in order.
: Oh, don't worry about that. I've included a generous bonus with your payment. Colonel Sartius is going absolutely insane! Ha!
: One Sartius is removed from his position, Admiral Ivernus will certainly consider my application for a promotion. It's a flawless plan, don't you agree?
: :ughh: That's not enough to impress an admiral.
: What do you mean? How does one impress an admiral? What should my approach be?
: He's asking me for advice? Maybe I can use this to my advantage...
: Don't hide behind reports and applications. Meet him personally.

: If things got bad enough here, Admiral Ivernus would want to conduct another inspection. That could be my opportunity to meet and impress him.
: I need one final, brilliant maneuver to arrange my face-to-face meeting with Admiral Ivernus -- and I know just what to do.
: Reports indicated that the Republic forces that stayed on Balmorra after we invaded are training resistance fighters at the Balmorran Arms Factory.
: Why doesn't the Empire just finish off the Republic forever? With how easy the Arms Factory was to infiltrate earlier, I'd figure the Empire would have already rooted them out.

: Wait. You've already infiltrated the Balmorra Arms Factory?
: You're not the only one offering jobs on this planet, and I had some time between your tasks. That SIS Agent I was with probably could've completed it by herself with how easy it was.
: I guess no harm done then, even though it helps Colonel Sartius. You're next task should rectify that, however.
: The colonel has learned of a secret rendezvous between the resistance leaders and several offworld allies.
: His spies planted a homing beacon aboard the resistance leaders' command shuttle. You're going to remove that beacon.
: If I remove the homing beacon, the resistance leaders escape.
: Only temporarily. I'll deal with the resistance once Colonel Sartius is out of my way.
: You will move the beacon from the shuttle to a garbage transport. The colonel will swoop in with his warships... to find nothing but garbage-sifting Ugnaughts.
: Wouldn't it be simpler just to tip off the Resistance and have them do it for us?

: No! It-it might arouse Colonel Sartius's suspicion! Yes! Also I didn't think of it...

: Don't tell me we have to go back through that?
: Considering it's the only way to the Arms Factory...
: :sigh: I don't want to die all the way out here...

: Whew.. Thankfully we made it through al-

: Uh Lam... what are you doing?

: Scouting out the perimeter.
: I think the guards noticed us...
: So?

: No sense of subtlety.
: Nope. The hanger bay with the shuttle should be up ahead.

: Just need to get through these guards and grab the homing beacon. Should be as simple as that.
: Yeah.... simple.

: See? Simple.
: Just blowing things up and setting them on fire doesn't make a task "simple".
: So what? As long as the job is done. Also, I found the beacon.

: :stare: How did the Resistance miss this?!
: Doesn't matter, we got the beacon. Let's go.

: Just hurry and put the beacon on there, the stench from the garbage is already killing me.

: Done. If this is the tipping point to convince the Admiral to visit, I figure we shouldn't be on this planet much longer.

Click here for the Cutscene

: If only I could've been there when Sartius led his men into that garbage transport, weapons drawn! Ha!
: Murghir swoons in admiration for master.
: This is priceless! Admiral Ivernus is already on his way. He wants us to meet at the spaceport.
: You've done me a great service, bounty hunter. Credits feels insufficient. How can I better reward you?
: A better reward? Hrm, should I ask for a lot of credits or... a ton of credits?
: Pst.... remember what we are here for!
: But I thought...
:mad:
:(

: Yes. How fitting that the individual who helped me achieve my goals be at my side to greet the admiral.
: And he'll enjoy meeting someone of your skill and ability. I think both of you would benefit.
: I'm not so sure of that...
: Meet me at the spaceport. Your presence as part of the grand entourage I present to Admiral Ivernus will make the occasion truly memorable.

: Oh, very well -- but mind your place.
: I'll see you at the admiral's docking bay, bounty hunter. Don't be late. A very bright future awaits us!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
... Wait, I just realized.

Why is a (space) Naval Admiral passing out promotions to (space) Army officers?

VVV Ahh, yeah. I must've missed that. And here I thought the Lieutenant Major might be an example of the developers not understanding how the military works.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 21, 2012

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

You might've missed it, but Pirrell is subordinate to the Naval Attache, and his job is Intelligence gathering. I think that's the job he is seeking, actually.

\/\/\/\/ Probably less then the number that like to spoil it before hand....

Lamadar fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 21, 2012

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

e: Fine.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 23, 2012

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

wiegieman posted:

Okay, how many pubbies do you think missed the obvious assassin?

Enough that I got warned for even hinting at it in the thread several weeks ago when it was first introduced.

Shades of this:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

PoptartsNinja posted:

VVV Ahh, yeah. I must've missed that. And here I thought the Lieutenant Major might be an example of the developers not understanding how the military works.

For a game that revolves so much around military Bioware sure hosed up on the rank names. I'm surprised there isn't a "Lieutenant Sergeant" somewhere yet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Palladium posted:

For a game that revolves so much around military Bioware sure hosed up on the rank names. I'm surprised there isn't a "Lieutenant Sergeant" somewhere yet.

Pretty sure that's Star Wars' doing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Moon Slayer posted:

I should have not paid for this.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Palladium posted:

They also hosed up the size of formations and who commands what as well, I think it is one aldeeran where you are given a mission by an Imperial General who wants help so his battalion can attack something. But then again this is Star Wars were a smuggler is commissioned as a general after being frozen for years.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lord Tywin posted:

They also hosed up the size of formations and who commands what as well, I think it is one aldeeran where you are given a mission by an Imperial General who wants help so his battalion can attack something. But then again this is Star Wars were a smuggler is commissioned as a general after being frozen for years.

In fairness to that specific case, it was in a rebellion. In that situation, pretty much all of your officers are getting a commission for unrelated things.

Hell, during the Revolutionary War pretty much all our generals that weren't foreign volunteers were just relatively wealthy and famous people who got political appointments.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Also to be fair a bunch of the founding fathers made their money smuggling poo poo into the US.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lord Tywin posted:

What bugs me in this game is how a general is just as likely to give the same kind of "get me 10 alien rear end" quests like a sergeant, when common sense dictates both will have completely different responsibilities in terms of scope, even in the context of...Anything not real-world really.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Feinne posted:

Also to be fair a bunch of the founding fathers made their money smuggling poo poo into the US.

And they shot first!

Rinkles posted:

I should have not paid for this.

I wound up with the light side version (glowing gold eyes) of that for my Jedi Knight. Doesn't seem to work during cutscenes, drat the luck. Unfortunately the tool tip suggesting that unlocked emotes applied to all your characters was a blatant lie, so the same Jedi Knight can also /menace people with a roar and a bunch of dark side energy in their hand as opposed to my inquisitor :sigh:.

Also, for another "cute" thing, the various races each have their own unique emote, and I discovered the Sith race emote is to smack their companion and make them cry. So if you want even MORE disturbing connotations to the Sith Warrior/Vette romance, make it a Sith race warrior like Mort here. On the other hand, having a Sith inquisitor use it on Khem Val and hear him weep like a baby is HILARIOUS, so there's that at least.

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007

MadDogMike posted:

Also, for another "cute" thing, the various races each have their own unique emote, and I discovered the Sith race emote is to smack their companion and make them cry. So if you want even MORE disturbing connotations to the Sith Warrior/Vette romance, make it a Sith race warrior like Mort here. On the other hand, having a Sith inquisitor use it on Khem Val and hear him weep like a baby is HILARIOUS, so there's that at least.

You have NO idea how true this statement is. Let's just say Mort's companions better not fail him at crafting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MadDogMike posted:

On the other hand, having a Sith inquisitor use it on Khem Val and hear him weep like a baby is HILARIOUS, so there's that at least.

:haw: Not that I'm saying that you should post a video of that, but you really should post a video of that.

• Locked thread