Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Elyv posted:

That's some serious shots at Reinhardt

E: most reins I see can ORKO my Nino, it's pretty awkward

What. Are you getting Nino her buffs? Mine takes single digit damage from Reinhardt (twice) and then usually OHKOs him in return. She eats Reinhardts for breakfast. I routinely have her bait them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
+Atk DB3 Moonbow Quickened Pulse Reinhardt ORKOs a neutral Nino with a Hone Attack without even needing to be merged.

With Goad Cavalry and a +1 merge, he doesn't even need Quickened Pulse + Moonbow.

However, if your Nino buffer has the Hone Res 1 sacred seal, or Nino has HP +3 (or is +HP or +Res) she will survive. It's a razor-thin margin, but Reinhardts of this power level or higher are quite common in the dolphin tier (I would know, I have the aforementioned +1 Rein but no QP).

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

What. Are you getting Nino her buffs? Mine takes single digit damage from Reinhardt (twice) and then usually OHKOs him in return. She eats Reinhardts for breakfast. I routinely have her bait them.

31 res, 33 hp. 59 attack post-buffs and death blow is all he needs, or 54 if it's the quickened pulse/Moonbow build(it's always the qp/Moonbow build these days). Once I get a source of spur res that'll help a bit, but I can't find one that doesn't take 5 stars to max out and I don't want to spend 20k feathers.

E: I've also rolled a ton of Ninos in my thus far fruitless search to find a swimmer so I can finally have one that's not -hp, which should raise the damage threshold needed by a point or two. It's awkward that the hp seal would get me to an even number then, so the new res seal might be better at that point, I haven't mathed it out yet.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 14, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
god, they really need to do something with the selection of 3* characters. I'm still getting vendor trash like Sophia/Niles/Big!Tiki and I barely got any new characters to play with

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elyv posted:

31 res, 33 hp. 59 attack post-buffs and death blow is all he needs, or 54 if it's the quickened pulse/Moonbow build(it's always the qp/Moonbow build these days). Once I get a source of spur res that'll help a bit, but I can't find one that doesn't take 5 stars to max out and I don't want to spend 20k feathers.

it's true, nino probably can't survive a perfectly optimal arena rein without buffed res. against a prefab one like you'd see in story maps or even any tempest other than the final stage, she'll survive most encounters with him, but she'll walk away with very few hp (this isn't always bad, like if you do a desperation build).

i'm thinking of one of the new chapter 12 ones. my +spd nino only survived rein with 8hp, which would've been 0 if she hadn't gotten +4 res aura from one of my other units.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 14, 2017

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
So what in the gently caress is Shield Pulse exactly? This game has some weird ways to describe things. What I'm gathering is that if someone attacks you and their special triggers you take 5 less damage and their special count goes up by 1? It just sounds useless.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Trebek posted:

So what in the gently caress is Shield Pulse exactly? This game has some weird ways to describe things. What I'm gathering is that if someone attacks you and their special triggers you take 5 less damage and their special count goes up by 1? It just sounds useless.

It's quickened pulse +2 for defense skills

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
It's exactly the opposite of what you said. If you have a defensive special, your cooldown is reduced at the start of the game, and it blocks 5 extra damage.

You can tell because Saber comes with Aegis and they wouldn't give him a garbage special like that unless it specifically did A Good Thing with his skill.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Saber's kit synergizes well (-1 CD on specials and Quickened Pulse), it's just that defensive cooldowns are kind of not the best to build around and that skillset leaves no room for any healing like Sol or Renewal.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So, I've been gone a while. Are these new heros worth trying for, or should i save up to bash my head for summer tikis?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

It's exactly the opposite of what you said. If you have a defensive special, your cooldown is reduced at the start of the game, and it blocks 5 extra damage.

You can tell because Saber comes with Aegis and they wouldn't give him a garbage special like that unless it specifically did A Good Thing with his skill.

Ah I think I got it now. After leveling him up some more it's actually kind of a neat skill with aegis. Basically he is guaranteed to take 50% less damage from a ranged attack from the start of round 1. Maybe to bumrush a archer/mage/thief at the start of a map. I could see it being really handy in squad assault.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So, I've been gone a while. Are these new heros worth trying for, or should i save up to bash my head for summer tikis?

Delthea is very good. Sonya is alright/good but can also wall Rein which is pretty valuable.

The others are varying ranges of ok

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Trebek posted:

Ah I think I got it now. After leveling him up some more it's actually kind of a neat skill with aegis. Basically he is guaranteed to take 50% less damage from a ranged attack from the start of round 1. Maybe to bumrush a archer/mage/thief at the start of a map. I could see it being really handy in squad assault.

50% and -5 after that. So an attack that would normally do say, 40 damage would now do 15.

It might have some use on a decent bulky blue/green to lure Reinhardt in. You'd need them to be fairly self-sufficient without a Special/B skill though, like Firesweep Lance.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I pulled a second Eliwood, so now ghetto Horse Emblem is almost complete. I think my team is going to be Celicia/Rein/Eliwood/Clarine. Eliwood can be Stahl, depending on the content needs to tank mages or physical.

Who gets what cavalry buff? I got two Jeigans and more than enough Gunters.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

can they loving not put rally skills on units in maps with time limits, so that the enemy can't just stand around jerking each other off and make you lose

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

Delthea is very good. Sonya is alright/good but can also wall Rein which is pretty valuable.

Gray's base skillset is kinda eh but his BST is actually very strong and makes Saber sad. Sonya's an excellent stand-alone mage but really wants +SPD to be fantastic. Mathilda is kinda blah. Saber's got a pretty unique stat distribution and an unusual skillset. Leon's alright but he's got a lot of stiff competition coming right after Bride Cordelia and Summer Gaius.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Woo, pulled a Delthea. Get outta here, Mae and spring Lucina, your services as my back-up blue mages for Reinhardt are no longer required.

I think I pulled one with a neutral nature? She has 16 HP, 24 Atk, 8 Spd, 3 Def, and 7 Res. I didn't realize that you could even pull a neutral nature character via summoning.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Mathilda is worse version of Peri.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Merric is really bad. Like. Really, really bad.

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
dude doesn't even have good skills to inherit

he is the worst, and i can't stop finding him

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Andrast posted:

Shweet. Thanks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I swear to god 7 of the last 10 axe enemies I've seen in the tower while training Delthea have been emerald axes

She's such a champ she can sometimes kill them anyways, but it's still rude

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My sonya is -ATK/+SPD which I guess is alright

Seems like she would be pretty good with darting blow. Fury+quick riposte/gtomebreaker seems good too if I want to go for the baiting route.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 14, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ungulateman posted:

can they loving not put rally skills on units in maps with time limits, so that the enemy can't just stand around jerking each other off and make you lose

it sucks but it's also part of the stage design. you gotta run in there and punch poo poo, or bait someone into coming at you bro. 10-5(?) is a timed map where enemy units won't advance on you until you aggro them individually.

but they could do with a reminder that "hey this map is timed, TURN 3/6" on every player phase imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

it sucks but it's also part of the stage design. you gotta run in there and punch poo poo, or bait someone into coming at you bro. 10-5(?) is a timed map where enemy units won't advance on you until you aggro them individually.

but they could do with a reminder that "hey this map is timed, TURN 3/6" on every player phase imo

That already exists, though it's kinda subdued so it's no surprise you didn't notice it

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This loving Delthea, jfc

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
With current arena matchmaking you'll never meet a +10 until you're so merged that those stats aren't so crazy anymore

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 9 defense at +10 is great

I also wonder why he didn't go for a +SPD delthea instead.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 14, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Any help on the horse cav buff placement? I know a few of you run pure horse emblem.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tagichatn posted:

This loving Delthea, jfc

the something awful forums > discussion > games > fire emblem heroes: no waifu no laifu

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

The 9 defense at +10 is great

I also wonder why he didn't go for a +SPD delthea instead.

Delthea's speed tier is such that she'll double most of the units she would need to while one-shotting most of the ones that she can't.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Delthea looks really good. I'd be tempted to pull if I didn't already have my Mae all kitted out. Delthea is pretty much Mae with a bit more speed and a better starting kit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Any help on the horse cav buff placement? I know a few of you run pure horse emblem.

You want your blade time user (Cecilia in your case) to be able to get both the hone and fortify buffs. Since you also have Rein you want him to get the hone as well.

I run hone on Xander and fortify on Clarine since in my experience he doesn't need it to but likes a fortify to tank better. I run goads on both Cecilia and Rein but you could also double up on hone cavalry to cover the attack buff on your last unit.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Delthea's speed tier is such that she'll double most of the units she would need to while one-shotting most of the ones that she can't.

42 speed seems pretty low for the whale tiers.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
No new characters 40 orbs in, but i got a 4* roderick? Yay?

Also a 4* cordelia that i could upgrade and mash onto my +atk cordelia, if i wanna burn feathers.

Also a couple sullys for draw back. Not terrible.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I finally drew a 4* Cain, but I don't want to give Hector WoM 3 anymore :shrug: Maybe I'll give it to Azura instead.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
So, because I'm a sucker for gay archers, I drew on Celica's Banner and got a pair of 5 star Leons. One is +Def/-Atk, the other is +HP/-Res. Which is better?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Davin Valkri posted:

So, because I'm a sucker for gay archers, I drew on Celica's Banner and got a pair of 5 star Leons. One is +Def/-Atk, the other is +HP/-Res. Which is better?

-atk is usually the worst possible nature, so the other one

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

+HP -Res is better. His base res is only 15 so one way or another he's gonna get shredded by mages and manaketes.

edit: His defense is great for an archer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Man, -ATK Sonya seems to miss on a lot of kills compared to a neutral one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tagichatn posted:

This loving Delthea, jfc

How much did they spend to make that.. Thing