Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Died trying to get that energy tank in magmoor that requires 3 double bomb jumps in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if they point it out anywhere in Prime 1/2 but you can do a jump in morph ball form by waggling the remote. Makes double bomb jumps way easier

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Idk if they point it out anywhere in Prime 1/2 but you can do a jump in morph ball form by waggling the remote. Makes double bomb jumps way easier

They don't mention this but yeah it makes Prime 1/2 morph ball sections way easier. It makes double bomb jumping super easy as well, since you just jump and drop a bomb and then jump again.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If I cannot double bomb jump 3 times the way God and Retro intended I do not deserve that energy tank

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Died trying to get that energy tank in magmoor that requires 3 double bomb jumps in a row

The trick is to lay the second bomb just as the first one starts it's implosion animation. Morph ball jumping was a massive pain until I figured that out

Soral
May 30, 2009

omega pirate was piss baby easy to beat. my first time playing the game it felt much more difficult. im convinced that even veteran mode is easier than it used to be normally

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Soral posted:

omega pirate was piss baby easy to beat. my first time playing the game it felt much more difficult. im convinced that even veteran mode is easier than it used to be normally

Or maybe after 13 years and likely several playthroughs you just know all the tricks and are better in general?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I cannot double bomb jump 3 times the way God and Retro intended I do not deserve that energy tank

I like your attitude :911:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's an absolute joke if you use power bombs, but for a while at the start of the fight I couldn't hit his left leg armor reliably with free aim.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't remember, does getting 100% scans do anything interesting? I've been OCD about scanning every little thing I can.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Soral posted:

piss baby

Holy poo poo, was this post triggering. The term "piss baby" infantilizes people who have incontinence, and in turn infantilizes disabled people. 

This is NOT okay, and is indicative of the rampant ablism of "gamers" and "gamer culture."

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

I don't remember, does getting 100% scans do anything interesting? I've been OCD about scanning every little thing I can.

It unlocks concept art in 1 and 2 I believe. There are several missable scans so you have to be on your toes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh boy. concept art...

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

oh boy. concept art...

Hey, some of it is pretty cool. It's not worth restarting for by any means, though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

It unlocks concept art in 1 and 2 I believe. There are several missable scans so you have to be on your toes.

Ice keese you have to know are coming up or they'll kamikaze and blow your only chance.

Alternatively you could get the Metroid Prime bonus disc which had concept art on it. It's the reason why I own two copies of Prime on the gamecube.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 2, 2015

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ice keese you have to know are coming up or they'll kamikaze and blow your only chance.

Did that get fixed in the re-releases or did they only change retarded stuff like removing sequence breaking and that one hunter metroid?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

Did that get fixed in the re-releases or did they only change retarded stuff like removing sequence breaking and that one hunter metroid?

I dunno I bought Trilogy for prime 3 and did not go back to Prime 1 or 2. I think the PAL release fixed it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

elf help book posted:

oh boy. concept art...

Retro's concept artists are god tier

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jawtramp posted:

Or you could not buy it at all, since it's straight up not even worth ten dollars, and is just a wii ISO file taking up the entirety of your Wii U's hard drive space, with no special features or even Miiverse support.

Go to Games so you can be with people like this:

Ausmund posted:

Metroid shouldn't have NPC charactes. Period. Prime 2 was so loving boring I couldn't play more than 2 hours of it. I watched slowbeef's let's play of it and it looks like all I missed was a lovely brown and purple slog of a loving game. Glad I skipped it. Although the tron/cyberpunk area was really neat but its way too far into the game.

You're like peas in a pod. Metroid Prime Trilogy rocks and I'm glad it's 10 bucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

You're like peas in a pod. Metroid Prime Trilogy rocks and I'm glad it's 10 bucks.

:whitewater:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I want to brutally murder the people poo poo talking this excellent gaming bundle. I let the bloodlust get the better of me.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

mdm posted:

I heard the disc when played on the Wii would suffer some load problems due to the dual layer thing, does digital download have the same "problem"?

Also are the games upscaled or not?

i been playing eshop prime 1 and all the loads are instant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I have to say, I played about 30 minutes of Prime 2 last night, and in the first room you are put in front of one of those translation doors, which you can't open until you reach an arbitrary part of the story. It reminded me immediately of everything I didn't like about 2

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Woah

People watch LPs and think its as good as playing a game

Hory sheet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want to brutally murder the people poo poo talking this excellent gaming bundle. I let the bloodlust get the better of me.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Although I have to say, I played about 30 minutes of Prime 2 last night, and in the first room you are put in front of one of those translation doors, which you can't open until you reach an arbitrary part of the story. It reminded me immediately of everything I didn't like about 2

2 definitely has issues but I really liked the atmosphere and they gave you some amazing powerups. By the end of that game you were a god.

Also Slowbeef's Prime LP is like the worst possible way to experience the Prime games... he's absolutely horrible at them, does everything he makes fun of people doing in his Retsupurae videos (except use a camcorder), frequently gets mad at the games for him being absolutely terrible at them, etc.

It's sort of like a DSP version of Metroid Prime, but for some reason goons like it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

Woah

People watch LPs and think its as good as playing a game

Hory sheet

Rereading this it comes across as sarcasm. It isn't. I'm legitimately disgusted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

2 definitely has issues but I really liked the atmosphere and they gave you some amazing powerups. By the end of that game you were a god.

Also Slowbeef's Prime LP is like the worst possible way to experience the Prime games... he's absolutely horrible at them, does everything he makes fun of people doing in his Retsupurae videos (except use a camcorder), frequently gets mad at the games for him being absolutely terrible at them, etc.

It's sort of like a DSP version of Metroid Prime, but for some reason goons like it.

Yeah I'm definitely going to play and beat it, but I might save it for later. I kinda wanna try a low% MP1 run, that sounds more fun to me right now. It's cool that they made the screw Attack work in 3D really well, although I think it was best in 3. Also I don't watch LPs because I'm not a dumbass and would rather play games I like than watch other people play them for me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People in this thread thinking watching an LP is just as good as playing the game itself..

for shame...

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

People in this thread thinking watching an LP is just as good as playing the game itself..

for shame...

Imagine I posted that pic of sonic crying in front of the falling twin towers

That's how I feel IRL right now about this

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
dolphin just fixed most of the problems the games had with emulation so i might throw trilogy into it and see how well wiimote -> mouse binding works

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

this quote is pretty good:

Ausmund posted:

Prime 1 was a pretty cool game... back in 2002

yeah, super metroid was a pretty cool game...back in 1994.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I played and beat Prime for the first time last year and except for most of the bosses I thought it was good as hell.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
aside from chykka all the metroid prime 2 bosses are so, so good

chykka is just kind of dull

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I played and beat Prime for the first time last year and except for most of the bosses I thought it was good as hell.

What was wrong with the bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

this quote is pretty good:

yeah, super metroid was a pretty cool game...back in 1994.

Yeah, and it's pretty cool in 2015 too.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Yeah, and it's pretty cool in 2015 too.

The guy who made those comments has posts in the imp zone and should be probated using them once every day that this sale is on for 6 hours each day.

My bloodlust is still going.

Mods please probate Ausmund for 6 hours once a day using their old posts in the imp zone as long as Prime Trilogy is on sale. Like, share, yeah! and quote if you agree.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

What was wrong with the bosses
Too many cycles without really changing up much or pulling out interesting tricks. The rock dude and the phazon pirate guy were the lamest, Ridley and the final boss were pretty decent, though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
man i've forgotten where everything is in super metroid so randomizer is weird

ridley has a metroid prime bug where he counts as a geemer for damage purposes so ramming him with the boost ball does so much damage it forces him into his next form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Too many cycles without really changing up much or pulling out interesting tricks. The rock dude and the phazon pirate guy were the lamest, Ridley and the final boss were pretty decent, though.

Thardus has too much health but I really like the Omega fight. Prime 2 has better bosses though.

• Locked thread