Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Okay, Elise. You don't have to like fish.

But they're damned tasty and I like them on my plate, and they also sell for good money, so Best is going to keep grabbing them with her bare hands and toting them around in her dress on a daily basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

AKA: Clappy Granola, AKA: Skippy's Got the Clap

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I will apologise for no part of my commentary in this episode. That poo poo was delightful.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Oh Skippy, never change. :allears:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Skippy's blind, folks.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I'm feeling very attacked in this medi-thread

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I did not know that talking to Jones removes status problems.

"Never make friends" you say? How DARE you! That's practically the entire POINT of the BokuMono series and its spinoffs! (Is that even an exaggeration? I don't feel like it's an exaggeration...)

Y'know, I really don't like Doug. I mean, I can understand this "avenge my home" thing, but it's pretty obvious he's got the wrong target for it. I mean, not only does Venti explicitly state that she can't leave Selfia, but I don't think she's even moved from that one spot yet... at least, not that we've seen; she might've hypothetically done it to get the Guardians, but I'm suspecting that she had Volkanon bring them to her (possibly with the explanation that she'd heal them when they got there so they'd wake up faster). And then there's the fact that she's currently in a life-threatening situation- what kind of evil plan would involve the death of the villain (and not in a "come back stronger" way) as a vital step?! ...The more you think about it, the more you see that Doug really hasn't thought this "revenge" thing through (which just makes me dislike him even more, because being stupid is a bit of a berserk button for me).

I figure fairy dust is like butterflies, actually- a powder that comes off their wings. Of course, it'd be hard to get any significant QUANTITY of powdered insect wings without maiming one outside of a video game (even if you generally maim fairies in video games to get it as a drop), but still.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So, while you have seeding plans for your farm, but couldn't you save some effort by having your animals at least water your plants?

And We know that Platinum and silver hammers are the most effective.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Shoutout to my boy Chimera for showing up three games after his first appearance with what looks like the same dang model they used for him in the first game.

He lost his slow "Hit Me Now" laser attack and picked up a new breath, though, so he's adapting to this new world of dashes and Leather Glove beatdown acrobatics.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I cannot remember how the beginning of this week's update happened. I'm sure it wouldn't make it any better.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Siouxsie's not old enough for this nonsense.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

Please (eventually) get a racing Ostrich and call it Overdrive, thanks in advance.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

ThornBrain posted:

I just noticed, but... do people MEOW when you give them gifts?!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I suppose now would be a good time to come clean and admit I never learned to read

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Skippy Granola posted:

I suppose now would be a good time to come clean and admit I never learned to read

On a very special episode of Harvest Moon: An LP...

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thank you for stabbing our friends.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I will enjoy my field, thank you.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

ThornBrain posted:

I cannot remember how the beginning of this week's update happened. I'm sure it wouldn't make it any better.

Huh look at that, Elise is actually worried about you going out into the typhoon and invites you to stay at her place.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Well, you can't say that Xiao Pai's slip of the tongue is WRONG, really...

Eliza's too small to be made from the ENTIRE tree, not to mention RF3's protagonist (and pretty much everyone else, considering how it's apparently a plot point in that game) would object to cutting it down. More likely they just cut a branch off and carved it into a box.

Yes, I'd have to agree that normally-cute things stop being cute when they reach kaiju size.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

CptWedgie posted:

Well, you can't say that Xiao Pai's slip of the tongue is WRONG, really...

Eliza's too small to be made from the ENTIRE tree, not to mention RF3's protagonist (and pretty much everyone else, considering how it's apparently a plot point in that game) would object to cutting it down. More likely they just cut a branch off and carved it into a box.

Yes, I'd have to agree that normally-cute things stop being cute when they reach kaiju size.

Untrue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E07OsHiTSyU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

You have obviously not seen a REAL kaiju. I mean, you and I both know they get kaiju footage by putting a regular-sized (insert animal or actor here) in a model city; a real kaiju is, by definition, building-sized (how big of a building depends on the individual), and frankly I don't think I'm psychologically capable of finding anything big enough to squash me like a rotten grape "cute."

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

I dream of a stadium-sized guinea pig. I'd build a death palace on its fat little back and rain destruction on my enemies

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Skippy Granola posted:

I dream of a stadium-sized guinea pig. I'd build a death palace on its fat little back and rain destruction on my enemies

I need to see this anime

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Attack On Cutie was better as a Manga imo

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm actually enjoying Forte's denial of ghosts when there's one literally in front of her and talking to her.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

gently caress you, Elise, multiple times. Also don't talk to me, Klaus.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I know you're going after Fritz, but Raegar is adorable too, especially in the after fireworks video.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

ThornBrain posted:

Lines in the post-video suggest that they do respond to how much you donate. Interesting.

Edit: drat, Elise. Dropping feelbombs on us.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 6, 2017

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

ThornBrain posted:

Amusingly, I found the # of items shipped to be easiest to win. Just grow a bunch of fodder (as you mentioned, shipping it counts towards unlocks after you've dried it), and keep it all on hand until you need to nuke a contest to win. It's not really worth anything, so you're not losing any money, and all it costs is the stamina to reap each day, which isn't all that much.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Someone please draw Best and some of the other farmers with anime Yu-Gi-Oh hair after that duelist comment.

ousire fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 6, 2017

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Summer begins, and I'm in a far better position heading into it than most people.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah, I take it the NPCs don't wear weather-appropriate changes of clothing.

NPC: Befriended to 3 (or 4) hearts -> Gift
Player: Gifts every day from 0 to the max.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how many Granolas there are in each episode.

I'm not too fond of him rooting through my garbage, though. Such a mess!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Thread will have another week-long hiatus since we weren't able to record this or last week. On the plus side, I've gotten a big chunk of future parts' footage edited together, and I'm getting more Animal Parade recorded as we speak. Of course if you have more monster names for Rune Factory 4, be it something silly or your own name, feel free to add them to the pile.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Just start naming the monsters after pokemon since you're just capturing them like so.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A double-update just full of cuties.

Side note: last Thursday was the channel's seventh birthday, and I'm putting together a Q&A video to celebrate. So if any of you folks have questions, feel free to drop them in this videos comments.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
We need pictures of our newest co-commentator.

Doug's requests are pretty funny. I guess the game didn't expect you to get to the silly angst quite so quickly.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Ohhhh it's meeeee Clauuuuus

Don't for get meeeeee, Lucaaaaas

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ah, the Two Worlds method of weapon upgrading. Strapping more weapons to your weapons to make them more weapony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Yeah, having one field that you just leave empty for the purpose of spawning rocks and stuff is handy for collecting materials.

Amber strikes me as the kind of person who would legitimately enjoy being thrown into rivers.

...What does Lin Fa even mean by "bath etiquette" anyway? Is that a euphemism for "personal hygiene" or something?

I'm with Pubert on wondering why Rare Cans exist, but at least in Rune Factory 3 they had an obvious purpose in that they were one of the favorite gifts of one of the townspeople. Yes, she unironically likes useless stuff (and she explicitly says so, more or less). Anyway, I've heard that thing about forging with Rare Cans, too, but I don't know if it works. Frankly, I'd rather use stuff that lets me smash enemies better in order to get more opportunities for drops.

You're taming more monsters now, I see. I'd like you to call the fairy... hmmm... not Navi, I'm not that sadistic... How about Oberon? Then tame an Ambrosia and call it Tania (short for Titania, since she's apparently a giant fairy; I'd ask for Titania, but I don't think it'd fit). And of course I'll have to maintain my request for the Chipsqueek to be Skippy. You can rename monsters, I'm pretty sure, so you can still do it. ...I don't remember you having that spider, though, but that doesn't mean anything considering my memory (or lack thereof). Call it Peter; if you don't get the reference I don't know what to say. Of course, my favorite way of building friendship with tamed monsters is to give their products back to them; it's pretty efficient.

There are elves in every iteration of the Rune Factory series, to the best of my knowledge, and one of them is always a bachelorette; most of them work for Porco's family, too (can't recall their surname offhand).

Forte seems like she'd love to ride into battle on a Wooly, but she'd probably claim otherwise. At least, that's how I see it. Anyway, I've actually ridden an Ambrosia before, which is pretty close to the "riding fairies" thing. Did you hit Yami for that "off the ground" pun?

Heart Pendant is really nice, because I'm pretty sure your combat skills go up to, like, 255 or something ridiculous like that. Heck, 99 is completely overkill considering how much work you have to put into it.

I think your fairy's having trouble because it's underlevelled (but that might be a product of my Ambrosia rampage). Its spinny barrier thing is actually a spell you can learn, too.

That second status problem you got from the boss that was draining your RP? I'm pretty sure that's a cold. Yes, you can get sick in Rune Factory, too.

So! Turns out Doug is originally from the Sechs Empire or something (at least that's how I interpret his dialogue). I'm surprised he managed to find a Rune Sphere on his own, though. I mean, did it literally fall on his head or something? Because when you actually bring him along he isn't a very good fighter.

As for Skippy's "what kind of monster would you be?" question, I have already gone over this: I'd be a dragon golem (which would presumably be a golem in the shape of a dragon rather than a golem made out of dragons).

Kind-of exploit here, but more of a convenience: If you upgrade a piece of equipment with a Magnifying Glass, that equipment acquires its effects, so you won't have to switch to it all the time to check on your fields. Personally, I'd put it on the hoe or watering can, though I've read about someone who put it on a spare helmet.

• Locked thread