Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
The war went pretty well: Glory to God and Godefroy the Great!

...but next time you hold a feast my lord, please let me vet the guest list first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Also, Tancred's conquest gives us another playable count: Thoros of Beirut.

He's being offered to Soup du Jour first, moving down the list if they don't want him.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 29, 2019

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The world around us is falling apart whilst we stand triumphant. Sounds about par for the course.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Mirdini posted:

In that sense I propose the foundation of the Pro Deo et Regno faction, recognizing that our strength is in our working together in the name of God and our kingdom.

Our initial aims are as follows:

- Guarantee the electoral structure of the crown of Jerusalem.
- Improve the standing and power of the realm's Council.
- Limit our monarch's ability to unilaterally rule their fellow Crusaders, and consequently guarantee the primacy of the Haute Cour on matters of national import.
- Ensure the (relatively) equitable distribution of land and power within the Kingdom to loyal vassals.

I hope my fellow crusaders will see fit support this faction. We must continue to work in the unified spirit of the Crusade to guarantee the safety of Jerusalem and the Peace of God.

((To be clear, that last aim is not advocating *redistribution* of land currently held by sitting nobles, just that future conquests should be given out with the good of the realm's loyal crusaders and their relative balance of power in mind)).

I, Duke Tancred, am announcing my intention to join the Pro Deo et Regno faction before the start of tomorrow’s legislative session. Their principles of maintaining a relative degree of equality among nobles in Jerusalem align with my belief that wars in the holy land should only to be waged only for Christ, never personal ambition. I have full faith in the righteousness of our cause, and I am certain that we shall soon be victorious in Egypt. When that happens, I hope that everyone here can agree with me that control of the new territories should be fairly split between currently unlanded nobles.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, let's get in on that Egyptian crusade. Lots of land to hand out so that even the worthy, already landed vassals get some!

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

New page/pre 2nd session faction count - members are listed as Character Name (Username). Final chance to join a faction (or switch factions) pre-legislative session 2! (Though sitting as an independent has many advantages too so don't feel like you have to).

Eclipse Party (Expansionistic Crusading)

Leader: Radcliff Konopka (MaxieSatan)
Members: Duke Raimond (Lord Cyrahax), Ferrand de Forts (Yavuz), King Godefroy (Erwin the German), Serighe of House Ugunale (Jossar), Hamelin (Angstrom Gothington), Fulgam Cornipes (AJ Impy), Antoon van Oegstgeest (Pakled), Eadric Motestowe (Flavius Aetass)
# of members/votes: 9 members, 20 votes

Mercator Dei (Economy, Merchantry)

Leader: Rodric (Grizzwold)
Members: Julien (Slaan), Pilaf Thermidor (Ralepozozaxe), Hallel Erez Sender (Xelkelvox), Padraig O'Tutorial (Thordain), Count Robert (Technowolf), Count Gaucher (HiHo ChiRho)
# of members/votes: 7 members, 13 votes

Pro Deo et Regno (Increase/Maintain Vassals' Power)

Leader: Dimitri Blaiddyd (Mirdini)
Members: Edelgard von Hresvelg (sheep-dodger), Alexandre Magno Abrão (Frionnel), Duke Tancred (Snipeee)
# of members/votes: 4 members, 7 votes

Parti Du Roi (Increase/Maintain Monarch's Power)

Leader: Tièrri van Loon (Top Hats Monthly)
Members: Kristof van Rheineck (Clayren), Count Fakhr (habeasdorkus)
# of members/votes: 3 member, 6 votes

Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity (Han-flavored Tolerance)

Leader: Qualiam d'Quintavallis (QuoProQuid)
Members: Ulferic Ex Miscellanea (Pancho), I'm Not Saladin (Rody One Half), Giyorgis Zemenfes (Obliterati)
# of members/votes: 4 members, 4 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Count Gauthier (i81icu812), Count Guy (CapnFalcon), Baron Centule (TheFlyingLlama), Angelbert (Soup du Jour), Leon du Napeau (Freudian), Claude von Riegan (Mr.Morgenstern), Bessarion Aeros (NewMars), Owain Gwynllwyg (Captain Mediocre), Louis de l'Ours (Luhood), Maël Cornouaille (Zikan), Alexander (really queer Christmas)
# of members/votes: 11 members, 16 votes

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 31, 2019

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I'm in with the Eclipse party, at least to start with

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Hashim posted:

Apparently, a fanatical cleric has risen to great authority in Africa, where he commands an immense following that marched on Marrakesh and massacred the ruling Almoravids.

:yeshaha:

Anyway, uh, Hail Godefroy the Great!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I wish to introduce myself. I am Count Gaucher of Hebron, son of the martyred Chancellor Galdemar. I hope to serve our fledgling kingdom well.

In order to do that, however, I must forge my own path and not blindly follow that of my father. Therefore I will be leaving Pro Deo et Regno to join Mercator Dei and hope that Jerusalem begins a new period of economic growth. May our numbers always go up uP UP!

Low prices, friends!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
In celebration of the first successful session of the Haute Cour, i've called a great mapmaker from Bragança that came in my entourage, and comissioned a map.
I hope this can help those not familiar with this holy land to locate themselves.

(If people like this i'll try to keep it updated, but i make no promises)

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Frionnel posted:

It's excellent!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
But where be dragons??? :confused:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

That's really good, so I've added it to the cast post.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 30, 2019

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

CARTography!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Stupid sexy expanding Tancred.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Frionnel posted:

In celebration of the first successful session of the Haute Cour, i've called a great mapmaker from Bragança that came in my entourage, and comissioned a map.
I hope this can help those not familiar with this holy land to locate themselves.

The cartography is beautiful but the underlying geographical reality is an affront to the natural order

Now that the immediate existential threat of the jihad has passed it is time for the Pretty Borders Faction to take an active role in guiding the Kingdom

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

A reminder of the changes in legislative procedure:
* Legislative sessions are still 48 hours long, but they will be bifurcated into 2 halves. The first 24 hours is for the drafting of policies, laws and directives. The second 24 hours is for supporting or opposing them.
* The number of legislative pieces accepted per session is reduced to 3, with a maximum 4 because the largest faction might be able to submit an extra item (for more info on how this works, check out the factions section in the infopost).
* The number of Directives accepted per session is increased to 3, since they are much smaller-scale.
* Policies must be aimed towards a single goal, and may contain three actions within them.
* Laws take precedence over Policies. So if we’ve got a law that mandates a minimum limit of 500 gold in the treasury, and a policy that mandates the construction of a barracks, I would have to wait until I had 600 gold before I could implement the policy.
* If support for two proposals are equal and there’s only one place left in the Recess, then the King picks between them.

Session of the Haute Cour, 1105

: My lords, you have been summoned on this day because our young kingdom stands a great crossroads.

: Despite the inanities of the previous session and despite our inferior numbers, we have crushed the Caliphs's army and repelled the Saracen invasion!

: In their defeat, however, the vile Muhammadans have resorted to murder! One of our own ranks, butchered like a pig in broad daylight! After peace had been declared, in front of family and friends, in front of my feast! That cannot be allowed to stand!

: South or east, we must strike soon, while the Saracen is divided and distracted. We will require a great many soldiers for a successful offensive, of course, but our treasury is brimming with the spoils of our victory, and how better spend it than in the service of God Almighty?

: I am sure this council will do the right thing, and seek vengeance for this transgression. God wills it!

State of Affairs

King: Godefroy de Bolougne
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: Eclipse Party, Mercator Dei, Pro Deo et Regno, Parti Du Roi, Shanqing School of Supreme Clarity
Treasury: 752 gold, +8/month
Piety: 788, +3.85/month
Army: 4780 levies
Alliances: Duke Alexios of Thrace.
Wars: none.

World Map:

Council and Court:
The office of Chancellor is vacant.

Succession:
Next in line is Eustache de Boulogne, Duke of Edessa.

Laws:
Next regular law can be passed from June 1108.

Technology:

Military:

Factions:

Decisions:

Religion:
An antipope was just set up by the Holy Roman Emperor, in Aquileia.

Culture:

Relations:

Defensive Pacts:

Active Policies:
None.

Active Laws:
- War Economy Law, with these stipulations.

Realm Laws:
- No Pilgrim Tolls.
- Papal Investiture.
- Free Realm Inheritance.
- Vassal Wars Allowed.
- Minimum Centralisation.
- Marginal Status of Women.
- Revoking Titles Disallowed.
- Feudal Administration.
- Council War Declaration.
- Council Imprisonment.
- Limited Council Authority.

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging a coronation ceremony.
- Distributing titles.
- Appointing members of the Council (the in-game council).
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Taking loans from merchant communities.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons (required Council acceptance).
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.

Legisation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, and after this period, the 5 most popular proposals (2 from largest faction, assuming they each have enough support) are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- Each lord is entitled to submit a single piece of legislation, and unless otherwise stated, they are assumed to be supporting that same Policy/Law.
- A member of a Faction may only support legislation submitted by a colleague in their Faction. They may oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of an underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may pledge their support to a single Directive, submitted by any independent lord or faction.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the law always take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

WHEREAS the Crusade effort merits a swift response for all Christendom, and represents an opportunity to either expand our territory or gain a powerful ally if it succeeds, and in my capacity as the leader of the Eclipse Party, I propose the following Policy:

The Invasion of Egypt Decree

• The Kingdom of Jerusalem is to join the ongoing Crusade at once. The question of who shall be the primary Beneficiary will be left to the Pope, in his infallible wisdom.
  • A sum of no less than 400 gold* is to be earmarked as a mercenary fund, to be used only if the King deems it both useful and necessary to hire soldiers of fortune for the war effort.
  • Request support from the Vatican in the form of gold, troops, or holy relics, if they have any to spare. This is important, after all!

* Since it would be wartime and no loans would be required, this is in keeping with the War Economy provisos.

I am open to amendments or additions from other members of the Court, but this policy is my chosen submission to the Recess and will pass, per the Konopka family motto ("Nullum Poseuria, Nullum Bustae").

I also propose the Additional War Taxes Directive (reassign the Steward to Collect Taxes in our wealthiest province at once).

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 31, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

MaxieSatan posted:

• The Kingdom of Jerusalem is to join the ongoing Crusade at once, with the King as our chosen beneficiary.
  • A sum of no less than 400 gold is to be earmarked as a mercenary fund, to be used only if the King deems it both useful and necessary to hire soldiers of fortune for the war effort.

Just to be clear, since this is a Policy, I'm assuming that you want me to use 400 gold on mercenaries during this war?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Fellows of the Mercator Dei, I currently am in the process of drafting a policy to take advantage of our unique position at the Western end of the Silk Road and would welcome your input. The tentative policy is below for your review.

The Silk Must Flow, Initial Draft

- Trade posts along the silk road are to be constructed in Jerusalem and Jaffa, as soon as funding permits.
- Provinces where further trade posts may be constructed, such as Damascus, should be viewed as priority targets for expansion.
- Newly acquired provinces eligible for trade posts should have them constructed as soon as funding permits.

I welcome any suggestions for improvement you may have.

Furthermore, a new factional icon has been suggested by the honorable Pilaf Thermador, which I think works much better than my original scrawlings.

edit; Question for Hashim, do laws and/or policies expire and if so when?

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 30, 2019

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

To support the war effort, on behalf of the Eclipse Party, I introduce the following law.

The Feudal Obligation Act
The Feudal vassal obligation shall be set to Levy Shifted.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Let it be known that I Tièrri van Loon the chosen leader of Parti du Roi is putting forth the Land Distribution Act of 1105.
The purpose of this act is to give courtiers a chance at receiving land, but also making sure that those who have de jure territory, as well as the monarch, are not forced out from the process that they are already paying for in blood. With the expected crusade in Egypt and almost certain eventual victory, this law will allow much of Egypt to go to unlanded courtiers. As Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller, I believe that what Jerusalem might occasionally lack in manpower, we can make up for with internal harmony. The following tenets make up the act:

-For every 4 titles the King receives through war or revocation, 3 must be distributed to persons other than the Monarch or his direct heirs. This ensures the King will still receive just compensation while giving the lions share to the court. Inherited titles are exempt from this numerical limit.

-Those who are eligible to receive a title, and said title is their de jure territory, should receive that territory. The next in line would be those unlanded, while the last resort is those who already have land outside their de jure territory.

-Bishoprics and cities are exempt from this Act.

This act is open to interpretation by those unaffiliated and in other factions for review, critique, and amendment.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 31, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Grizzwold posted:

edit; Question for Hashim, do laws and/or policies expire and if so when?

Laws are permanent, Policies last for one update but can be extended to 10 years.

Grizzwold posted:

- Trade posts along the silk road are to be constructed in Jerusalem and Jaffa, as soon as funding permits.
- Provinces where further trade posts may be constructed, such as Damascus, should be viewed as priority targets for expansion.
- Newly acquired provinces eligible for trade posts should have them constructed as soon as funding permits.

Is this a declaration of war against Damascus? The second point is very vague, it needs to be an actual action - like declaring war on someone specific. The number of trade posts you want should be specified as well, otherwise I'll end up spending everything on them (though that might be what you're going for?)

Also, keep in mind that the War Economy Law is still active, so once any wars over I'll have to get back above 500 gold before I can construct trade posts.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Pakled posted:

To support the war effort, on behalf of the Eclipse Party, I introduce the following law.

The Feudal Obligation Act
The Feudal vassal obligation shall be set to Levy Shifted.

I heartily support this reintroduction of my legislation completely new and bold legislation that is essential for our Kingdom.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Ok, revised based on Hashim's responses. Does this work better? Total cost is estimated at 350 gold, lemme know if that seems like too much (or not enough) for this point in time. We don't want to bankrupt the kingdom trying to make money.

The Silk Must Flow, Draft 2

- Construct two trade post holdings along the silk road, one in Jerusalem and one in Jaffa. This is estimated to cost approximately 100 gold in total.
- If any further eligible provinces are conquered from the infidel, a trade post holding is to be constructed in the wealthiest single province for another 50 gold.
- Upgrade the trade post in Jerusalem with a Silk Road Trading Post for 200 gold.

e; forgot the faction icon

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 30, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Grizzwold posted:

Yep, that's great

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

A blonde Welsh crusader knight takes the floor.

Dimitri Blaiddyd, speaking for the members of Pro Deo et Regno: We have spent the past several years consulting the founding documents of the Haute Cour, and it seems that currently the distribution of any further conquests in the Holy Land is solely under the purview of the King.

We believe that in any holy war, where all of Jerusalem works as one in honor of our Lord, distribution of any conquests should ensure the empowerment of our unlanded peers over those who have already been accorded lands in Jerusalem. Each of us has given our blood and sweat to the cause, and surely each of us deserve some part in the stewardship of the Holy Land.

While under our most honorable King Godefroy the question of just distribution may not be an issue, we worry that a successor may take a more narrow-minded view on the topic, and thus motion that any conquests made in the name of Christ come under the purview of the Haute Cour.

Pro Deo et Regno also recognizes that the individual efforts of our landed peers should not be punished by confiscation of their gains, nor should our monarch be allowed to interfere in acquisition of De Jure territory in the case of Ducal conquests like that of Beirut by Duke Tancred. We have attached a clause to the end of this law to limit the monarchs' ability to interfere in such cases.

As such, the law in question:

WHEREBY, pursuant to ensuring an equitable and Christian distribution of the administration of the Holy Land among loyal crusaders, Pro Deo et Regno proposes the

Avarice Prevention Act

- The distribution of all titles below the rank of Kingdom (and lands thereof) conquered by the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a holy war or crusade must be determined the Haute Cour, not left to the sole judgement of the monarch of Jerusalem (henceforth termed 'the monarch').

- If there are unlanded crusaders sitting in the Haute Cour, any counties conquered under the above clause must be distributed to them first (in order of their joining the Haute Cour), one county apiece until no sitting crusader remains unlanded.

- Ducal titles of territories conquered by the Kingdom in a holy war or crusade may only be usurped or formed by the monarch after land has been distributed under the prior clause. Those Ducal titles must then be awarded to an eligible count of the Haute Cour who holds a county in that duchy's de jure territory.

- The monarch may not usurp or form a ducal title if the majority of said duchy has been conquered by a single vassal, unless said vassal waives their right to the title.

We recognize that further legislation will be required once the entirety of the Haute Cour is landed, but defer that issue to a future session for when we have reached that noble goal. We also note that some discretion regarding which counts in a duchy receive a ducal title, as well as which crusaders receive which counties, remain under our monarch's purview. Considering they are our monarch by the grace of our Lord and our electoral will we feel safe in assuming the Lord will guide them correctly in those decisions.

We also welcome input from other factions regarding the details of this proposal prior to the opening of the second half of this session.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 30, 2019

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Though I cannot vote for it, I would like to give my unofficial support to Lord Blaiddyd and the members of Pro Deo with regards to the above proposal.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also, since the Eclipse Party is largest for this session, MaxieSatan has to specify their proposal to be pushed into the Recess before this first 24 hours is up.

Never mind, already done.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 31, 2019

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Grizzwold posted:

Ok, revised based on Hashim's responses. Does this work better? Total cost is estimated at 350 gold, lemme know if that seems like too much (or not enough) for this point in time. We don't want to bankrupt the kingdom trying to make money.

- Construct two trade post holdings along the silk road, one in Jerusalem and one in Jaffa. This is estimated to cost approximately 100 gold in total.
- If any further eligible provinces are conquered from the infidel, a trade post holding is to be constructed in the wealthiest single province for another 50 gold.
- Upgrade the trade post in Jerusalem with a Silk Road Trading Post for 200 gold.

e; forgot the faction icon

Edit: Nevermind, Forgot how this works.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 31, 2019

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Let's try this again:

I, Count Guy, am proposing my A Kingdom Without Feasts Is No Kingdom At All Policy.
-Every year, the king shall call a feast unless he is actively campaigning with the army.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
e: my bad, forgot how the new rules worked.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 31, 2019

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Only partially in my capacity as leader of Pro Deo et Regno, I would also like to sponsor the In Memoriam of Galdemar Directive to dedicate Jerusalem's next feast to the memory of the fallen Count Galdemar, and condemn the vile Hashashin who murdered him. While we may not have the arms required to strike at them now, Pro Deo et Regno will remain steadfastly opposed to their machinations and support any initiative to destroy them in future.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Pilaf Thermidor, shall back my fellow Mercator on his proposal. Spend money now to make more money later, that's just simple economics.

Snipee posted:

I support the Avarice Prevention Act with all four of my votes. Let’s get every crusader the opportunity to own some land as soon as possible. Landed nobles like myself do not need handouts from the kingdom. We can fight for our own De Jure territory.

A heads-up:

"Hashim" posted:

* Legislative sessions are still 48 hours long, but they will be bifurcated into 2 halves. The first 24 hours is for the drafting of policies, laws and directives. The second 24 hours is for supporting or opposing them.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I am way too stupid for this system

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

I, Giyorgis Zemenfes, give you:

The Ecumenical Economical Act

Recognising the impracticality of patrolling the entire border;

Acknowledging the financial potential of pilgrim tolls and the highly lucrative nature of numerous holy sites;

Guarantees pilgrims of any faith the right to make pilgrimage in Jerusalem on payment of the appropriate processing fees;

Initially exempts any follower of Christ from these fees;

Alters the Pilgrim Toll Law to Infidel Tolls.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

MaxieSatan posted:

WHEREAS the Crusade effort merits a swift response for all Christendom, and represents an opportunity to either expand our territory or gain a powerful ally if it succeeds, and in my capacity as the leader of the Eclipse Party, I propose the following Policy:

• The Kingdom of Jerusalem is to join the ongoing Crusade at once, with King Godefroy the Great as our chosen beneficiary.
  • A sum of no less than 400 gold* is to be earmarked as a mercenary fund, to be used only if the King deems it both useful and necessary to hire soldiers of fortune for the war effort.
  • Request support from the Vatican in the form of gold, troops, or holy relics, if they have any to spare. This is important, after all!

* Since it would be wartime and no loans would be required, this is in keeping with the War Economy provisos.

I am open to amendments or additions from other members of the Court, but this policy is my chosen submission to the Recess and will pass, per the Konopka family motto ("Nullum Poseuria, Nullum Bustae").

I also propose the Additional War Taxes Directive (reassign the Steward to Collect Taxes in our wealthiest province at once).

I would humbly suggest an amendment to my party leader's proposal: that we follow the will of the Holy Father in deciding who shall become monarch of a liberated Egyptian kingdom, lest he judge we crusaders as opportunists guilty of the mortal sin of greed!

(If the King chooses to take the titles for himself, that will result in a massive piety and Papal opinion hit, leaving him vulnerable to excommunication. We should choose a different beneficiary.)

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
But have you considered: gently caress the Pope

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Angstrom Gothington posted:

I would humbly suggest an amendment to my party leader's proposal: that we follow the will of the Holy Father in deciding who shall become monarch of a liberated Egyptian kingdom, lest he judge we crusaders as opportunists guilty of the mortal sin of greed!

(If the King chooses to take the titles for himself, that will result in a massive piety and Papal opinion hit, leaving him vulnerable to excommunication. We should choose a different beneficiary.)

Well-reasoned. Proposal edited accordingly.

Flesnolk posted:

But have you considered: gently caress the Pope

:decorum: please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

i81icu812 posted:

The cartography is beautiful but the underlying geographical reality is an affront to the natural order

Now that the immediate existential threat of the jihad has passed it is time for the Pretty Borders Faction to take an active role in guiding the Kingdom

It appears it is too late to formally declare a new faction in time for this legislative session

Nonetheless I put forward the Border Rationalization Policy for the consideration of the Haute Cour:

-Prioritize conquering the provinces of Gaza that separate the southern reaches of the Kingdom from the coast during the current crusade against Egypt
-Prioritize the conquest of Tyrus (or whatever that county is) at the earliest safe opportunity to reconnect the constituent parts of the Kingdom