Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Rarity posted:

gently caress, I have to acknowledge Jake Hager is good now

At this point, I unironically like Hager in everything except when he's actually wrestling. He can show some humor on BTE and backstage segments when they let him, he's funny as just stone-faced tough guy, he can do some jokes like this, he's fun.

But that's where it stops. Don't wanna see him wrestle (at all really), DEFINITELY don't need to see a solo run outside of the Inner Circle, don't need him doing a full on promo. Just mug for camera and alternate between wacky and serious, good enough for me.

Of course if he left forever and was never spoken of again, not gonna shed a tear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seams posted:

looking forward to undefeated MMA star jake Hager showing those American top team scrubs how to fight

Hager got in a cage with Wardlow and survived a shoot hurricanrana, let’s see any of these no-name schlubs do that!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The acclaimed bits were fun

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

yea ok posted:

[after a 5 minute promo full of 5th grade humor that i laughed at a lot] Just one question: Who’s on top? [smirks very jericho-like at the amazing butt loving joke]

Now now he’s just talking about their MMA skills.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I enjoyed the Wrestling show.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gonzo McFee posted:

I enjoyed the Wrestling show.

:mods:

What is this!?

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Do they tape rampage before or after? Am I going to be at Arthur Ashe until like midnight?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hearing rumours that both Newark and Queens are mid and have failing sport teams.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dan Lambert and MJF cut the same promos each week.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Willninho posted:

Do they tape rampage before or after? Am I going to be at Arthur Ashe until like midnight?

after and yes and you will like it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Elevation then Dynamite then Rampage

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dan Lambert and MJF cut the same promos each week.

Yeah, but at least MJFs promos make me go "Hahaha, you're right, I DO smell and am fat!" Dan Lambert's just make me go "ok boomer"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Dan Lambert might be a better heel than MJF

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

He got a little lost when he had to actually do a back-and-forth, but just barely. MJF is perfect at all times. His little 'oh who am i kidding' + stomp the mat aka brian pillman in hell combo was so good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Nah

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the dan lambert poo poo leading into jericho and hager was one of the worst things to happen, in general

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wait until you see what Lambert can do in the ring

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A good heel is when they upset someone else, a bad heel is when they upset me personally.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
much like jesus and bernie sanders, people hate dan lambert because he points out uncomfortable truths that most would prefer to ignore

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

and they’re all old

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Fearless_Decoy posted:

For those of you who were actually at the show, how much coaching was there in regards to the Kaze Ni Nare sing along? I can just picture Tony Kahn coming out during a commercial break and saying 'Ok, you all need to chant this at the right time or Suzuki is going to murder everyone in the building'

From all appearances AEW does absolutely no coaching of audiences other than to beg them not to swear. They didn't even coach the no theme song Jericho/MJF match other than post lyrics on twitter.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

and they’re all old

and it STUNK!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dan Lambert's character is literally "Old man yells at youths" and he plays it fantastically. The man isn't going to AEW in a private jet with all his MMA buddies because he's actually against AEW. The man is having the time of his life.

If you want to complain about Dan Lambert complain that he's feuding with old man Jericho rather than Dante Martin or Sammy Guevara.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

cams posted:

the dan lambert poo poo leading into jericho and hager was one of the worst things to happen, in general

It leading into Lance Archer and Suzuki would've at least been a cool way of having those dudes murdered while also getting in a guy with legit fighting credentials. Also you could've had them look like badasses rolling up on the ring and clearing house of those MMA douchebags, instead we get a poo poo pee pee promo from the stage and a dude who's won 3 fights against dudes who train in between shifts at the cannery.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 16, 2021

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

If you want to complain about Dan Lambert complain that he's feuding with old man Jericho rather than Dante Martin or Sammy Guevara.

This is absolutely my issue with where this story went. It’s not shocking that he’s complaining about how this company is all small millennials and he goes against Jericho and Hagar, but I just don’t want to watch that team at all. Should have set them up with FTR or Bear Country or something if you wanted that “real men” angle.

Jericho making the kind of gay joke that would show up in collocation’s bigotry thread and the crowd eating it up also sucked.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I honestly thought it was going to be American Top Team vs Suzuki Gun, which would have kicked major rear end

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I mean, its possible Jericho and Hager lose, Lambert crows about how their time with AEW made them soft, and then younger talent come in to send the Top Team packing. The heels gotta win some of these Arthur Ashe matches, after all, and I doubt they'd be bringing in all this MMA talent constantly as a vehicle for another Men of the Year loss.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s so many good stories and angles on AEW that I don’t bother any more trying to book in my head how a bad angle could become good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MJF trying to milk the mid insult is the perfect note of 'rear end in a top hat who thinks he's said something hilarious but it's actually really lame'

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Butt Sexers and not Butt Sexers ITT

Butt Sexer had a very good showing on NXT 2.0. He's still green but he had a very crisp powerslam.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i thought before the show that Jurassic Express would beat up Dan Lambert's team of confident hwp gym rat tops, but now it's just a vehicle for Jericho to "still be cool" and is even less interesting than it would have been otherwise lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tony needs an editor to cross out like a segment and a half from the format each week. At this rate, Kenny/BD is gonna be 6 mins with half during a commercial

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Man, I'm happy to watch AEW internationally, but I keep feeling like the Fite.tv audio is off. Such a quiet crowd for so much of the show.

Alright Dynamite leading to two stacked shows next week. I do love JR explicitly saying 2.0's idea of going after top guys only is foolish (though a missed opportunity to talk about all their wins on dark).

Oh and the satanic kickboxer deciding to fight Rosario Dawson was delightfully ridiculous.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 16, 2021

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lambert feuding with another 50+ chump about what kids like is the perfect distillation of the culture war though

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gonzo McFee posted:

sammy's overness:matches ratio lately must be something of a relief to a guy working such a high-risk style

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Tony needs an editor to cross out like a segment and a half from the format each week. At this rate, Kenny/BD is gonna be 6 mins with half during a commercial

Kenny/BD is going to a 20 minute draw.

Holy poo poo next week is stacked.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Seams posted:

Hearing rumours that both Newark and Queens are mid and have failing sport teams.

For queens that is absolutely true

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So question for the other people who were there: how long was the line to get into the arena? My father had knee surgery so we used the accessible entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Not only is this a cool pic with three of my faves, I feel like it explains Tay very well.

She is 50% like Sammy Guevara, funny and silly and happy. And she is 50% like Suzuki, in that she will loving murder you.