Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
monkeu just uses the Warriors (and Drake) for an obnoxious online persona. I don't believe he really cares about either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

FO a buncha fools.if they don't hire Iggy on as an assistant coach at least.

If there’s only one thing you can say positively about this current FO regime, they’re loyal to the people who got them to where they are, down to hiring Livingston and Barbosa and getting Iggy back in the first place. I’m pretty sure once he retires he’ll at least be offered some sort of job.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Would have to be after Klay retires, see prevuous statements about going full Jordan ride-or-die with Phil Jackson.

There's a non-zero chance that Kerr won't physically be able to coach. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will grind his spine into dust doing 41+ travel games.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Henchman of Santa posted:

monkeu just uses the Warriors (and Drake) for an obnoxious online persona. I don't believe he really cares about either.

This. He gets off on the attention that he receives.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This. He gets off on the attention that he receives.

and is still getting!

Nice that we have a mod who cares about the quality of the forum and will ban psychos

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1539249074527997954?t=7iiGeKnZgQgDTVNJLZpBww&s=19

gently caress

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Natural causes at least, for whatever small solace that is.

25 is way too young.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Did he start eating like poo poo again?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Whoa, drat.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Did he start eating like poo poo again?

We had some pics posted here at some point in the last year and he was massively obese.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
What the hell 25 years old? That's awful

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Natural causes at least, for whatever small solace that is.

25 is way too young.

There is nothing "natural" about passing at 25 imo :smith:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Being that tall and that heavy can be quite a strain on the old ticker. Terrible news though, seemed like a genuinely good dude :smith:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539258632151486464?s=20&t=MUgH1a3Mfddu6UOkanTrSA

Suddenly more than OK with D'Antoni! Hopefully Dan D'an is cheap

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I actually think Dantoni would be great for this team for 2 years, get them to be a fiesty ~50 win team, then hand it off to someone who can be the more longer term option.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

I actually think Dantoni would be great for this team for 2 years, get them to be a fiesty ~50 win team, then hand it off to someone who can be the more longer term option.

The problem with D'Antoni (which, I admit, depends on how he approaches the job) is that they need to invest serious effort in developing Bouknight, Kai Jones, JT Thor, Jalen McDaniels, and their (hopefully) three draft picks this year to build anything sustainable. The worst thing for this team would be pressure from both the coaches and the owner to make win-now moves

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Would have to be after Klay retires, see previous statements about going full Jordan ride-or-die with Phil Jackson.

Tangentially, FO a fool if they don't hire Iggy as an assistant with strong consideration towards being HC at some point.

Iggy is going into venture capital, if his statements on Draymond's post-Game 6 show are to be believed.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He absolutely cares. This is what the majority of fandom looks like. His posts are like if I wrote down a conversation with a coworker.

The internet is a microcosm and this thread even more so. You can't assume everyone talks about sports in a level headed manner. Most people like sports for extreme pride or unrelenting poo poo talk. I think it's kind of weird he gets chain banned but only in the sense that yeah it's lovely to read his brick wall posts about Lebron but if you were to point that out in real life in a group of people talking sports everyone would look at you sideways. What I'm saying is thank you NBA N/V for being cool

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Lockback posted:

Ball is gonna be an absolute monster in D'antoni's system.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Iggy is going into venture capital, if his statements on Draymond's post-Game 6 show are to be believed.

I wouldn’t believe anyone saying they’re getting into venture capital right now tbh

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Can you send a first round pick to the G league full time? How would that affect your cap sheet?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Calidus posted:

Can you send a first round pick to the G league full time? How would that affect your cap sheet?

Yes and not at all

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Seems like a good deal for OKC.

https://twitter.com/BrandonRahbar/status/1539290475525554177?s=20&t=-craGDzbhh3Hb_IvoGS91Q

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

They’re still going to have Jokic so the likelihood is that pick will be like 22nd at best. Still a good deal but it’s not egregious

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Caleb Swanigan loving died

That's hosed

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

They’re still going to have Jokic so the likelihood is that pick will be like 22nd at best. Still a good deal but it’s not egregious

The pick they traded was the 30th for this year good upgrade imo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

He absolutely cares. This is what the majority of fandom looks like. His posts are like if I wrote down a conversation with a coworker.

The internet is a microcosm and this thread even more so. You can't assume everyone talks about sports in a level headed manner. Most people like sports for extreme pride or unrelenting poo poo talk. I think it's kind of weird he gets chain banned but only in the sense that yeah it's lovely to read his brick wall posts about Lebron but if you were to point that out in real life in a group of people talking sports everyone would look at you sideways. What I'm saying is thank you NBA N/V for being cool

He didn't start posting here until he got threadbanned from the rap thread after he randomly decided his whole thing was gonna be posting about Drake/Pusha T in the most annoying way possible. Then he just did the same gimmick but about Steph Curry/LeBron. He's a middle aged guy on the other side of the planet willing to spend $50 to annoy people online for a day. Fandom's got nothing to do with it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Someone explain to me why it’s a good trade for Denver

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Got off salary, a first rounder this year is more valuable to a competing team like Denver than a likely comparable pick five years from now

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Their championship window is opening now. They have a guy they like in the late first or they intend to use that pick to get more vet help.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

jackofarcades posted:

My guess is that Lacob/Kerr said "hey man we'll match your salary, you can win more rings, develop these young guys we got, and you can take over when Kerr retires after Steph goes" or something.

I think it’s also actually possible that one of his teenage kids had a breakdown at being moved for the third time in three years and Atkinson belatedly decided that family mattered more than taking this job. He already makes a couple million a year with the Warriors.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

The one barbershop in my (and Mike's) hometown used to put up a jersey of whatever team he was coaching.

The guy who owned it passed away from COVID in 2020 and I'm not sure if the new owner will maintain the tradition with a Hornets jersey.

I hope so though.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

He didn't start posting here until he got threadbanned from the rap thread after he randomly decided his whole thing was gonna be posting about Drake/Pusha T in the most annoying way possible. Then he just did the same gimmick but about Steph Curry/LeBron. He's a middle aged guy on the other side of the planet willing to spend $50 to annoy people online for a day. Fandom's got nothing to do with it.

You forgot about the monthly YCS NPD stats for 360 v ps3. Hes been around

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Swanigan thing is a big bummer.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Imagine deciding to choose between drake and Pusha-T and going “I know, I’m gonna stan that corny rear end motherfucker Drake in all this”.

Also shoutout to that announcer dude who called Pusha “pushat” in the nba finals this year

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

CoolRanch posted:

You forgot about the monthly YCS NPD stats for 360 v ps3. Hes been around

So basically a forums Skip that takes it to the PM level

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
drat RIP Swanigan. You killed in that one summer league. Poor guy, poor family. They were living in a car when he got accepted to Purdue.

gently caress.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Jeff Green picked up his player option and they don't need 2 guys who do the exact same thing at 9 million a year

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

predicto posted:

I think it’s also actually possible that one of his teenage kids had a breakdown at being moved for the third time in three years and Atkinson belatedly decided that family mattered more than taking this job. He already makes a couple million a year with the Warriors.

Yeah, this seems to me one of the likelier explanations for the reversal. Dude has a family, and isn't exactly in a bad situation in his current role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Yeah, this seems to me one of the likelier explanations for the reversal. Dude has a family, and isn't exactly in a bad situation in his current role.

I think this is a definite thing, and Steve Kerr mentioned it to a degree in a parade interview when asked why Atkinson decided to stay.