Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

We return to 1943 with Nancy getting ready to dunk on good old Mr Sputter for a while...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nancy 1948

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/13-15/40

I've been thinking pretty much this exact thing about this strip's premise. If you're just invisible, with no other abilities or self-preservation, you're probably going to get hit by a lot of cars and people walking around and stuff.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

I've been thinking pretty much this exact thing about this strip's premise. If you're just invisible, with no other abilities or self-preservation, you're probably going to get hit by a lot of cars and people walking around and stuff.

There was some family hero show I remember from years ago called No Ordinary Family where the mom had superspeed. Awesome, cool. So she was racing around finding bad guy poo poo out and escaping and...never wore a loving mask because why would she need a mask or way to hide herself?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Green Intern posted:

I think I remember an old X-files episode like that. Guy got turned invisible and the first thing he did was run across the road in front of a car.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I love Mr Sputter. He's like a wholesome Terrible Tempered Mr Bang.

Scarlet is pretty good. The right mix of old timey super powered insanity and an actual bit of realistic grounding so far.

Artifact Dealer can't die until he marries Bar Owner, you know the rules about my Bar Manga headcanon. :colbert:

Really good Buni there. :laffo:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm extremely irritated that this is basically the only time we've ever seen Ed express a sincere, spontaneous interest in physical fitness and his wife is making GBS threads all over him because she believes, simultaneously, that pole vaulting is disproportionately dangerous compared to other physical activities and also that it's a dumb sport for babies.

It's because the only "eight six" Ed cleared in college was a stack of cheeseburgers.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

~Coxy posted:

Nancy 1948

Chaos.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

She found the extra marshmallows that bounced out of Luann and rolled underneath Rhymes With Orange.

Slylock Fox

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Some toys just aren't worth dying for.

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

lol, well played
*The colonel gestures concussively*

~Coxy posted:

Nancy 1948

Nancy takes the boys out for a 'hotter dog' as they used to call it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm extremely irritated that this is basically the only time we've ever seen Ed express a sincere, spontaneous interest in physical fitness and his wife is making GBS threads all over him because she believes, simultaneously, that pole vaulting is disproportionately dangerous compared to other physical activities and also that it's a dumb sport for babies.

I'm of two minds here. It would be irresponsible for a man in his early-to-mid 50's to go from "completely sedentary" to "extremely intensive physical activity" on a whim.

But also:

His wife's response is "For even entertaining that idea I will divorce you" because Dustin isn't just written like a sitcom, it's written like a bad sitcom with an icy, dark heart.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

When your dedication to having an arbitrary quota of waaaaacky secret items requires you to feature a piece of pie just sitting plateless on a bathroom counter.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He has been shown whining at a personal trainer in the gym and the strip went through an extended period promoting peloton, so it wouldn't be 0-60. They'd need to get him to the point where he run before he can vault anyway. He'd have to spend a year or more just getting to the point he can attempt a launch.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
I like how the larger Creep made himself a little dolphin fin to wear.

JethroMcB posted:

I'm of two minds here. It would be irresponsible for a man in his early-to-mid 50's to go from "completely sedentary" to "extremely intensive physical activity" on a whim.

But also:

His wife's response is "For even entertaining that idea I will divorce you" because Dustin isn't just written like a sitcom, it's written like a bad sitcom with an icy, dark heart.

Exactly. It's a sitcom where every female character is a joyless shrew who exists just to mock, criticize, or reject the male characters.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Catching up with the new thread,

riderchop posted:

sorry is this about lion semen

Yeah.

Pregnancy fetish. This is like A&J but inter species creampie,, etc.
Feels a bit extra than the usual from Holbrook.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

We’ve yet to see the guardianship building come “under attack”. I’m not sure where the forces massed against it are hiding, When it all kicks off, I’m sure it’ll be like Attack On Titan. Carnage.

The breakfast that Lottie is describes is a popular dip in New Zealand. I’ve had it prepared for me and it is everything you would hope it would be, a dream in a bowl.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Catching up with the new thread,

Yeah.

Pregnancy fetish. This is like A&J but inter species creampie,, etc.
Feels a bit extra than the usual from Holbrook.

I feel like it's been ages since the rhino-cat, he must be getting antsy

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kid Fenris posted:

I like how the larger Creep made himself a little dolphin fin to wear.

Exactly. It's a sitcom where every female character is a joyless shrew who exists just to mock, criticize, or reject the male characters.

And he forgot the part at the end where they all reconcile warmly and the studio audience goes “awwwwwww”

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 22, 1935)

Peanuts (January 3, 1976)

Miss Peach (June 21, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 5, 1939)

Out Our Way (September 26-28, 1939)

It's interesting that Williams has managed to stick with the stouter version of Wes for a year and a half so far.

Anyway...um...yeaaaaaaaaah...

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 4, 2023

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: Take-Over

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It was too obvious to resist.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Somehow, Crankshaft is even more boring

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (September 26-28, 1939)

[...]
Anyway...um...yeaaaaaaaaah...

Frag Goldie.

Poil posted:

It was too obvious to resist.
Love what you do and you'll never workwank a day in your life.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Drakyn posted:

Love what you do and you'll never jerk a day in your life.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

The last couple of Crankshaft strips have been these two blankly staring at the football broadcast in abject boredom. I have never felt so seen by a comic strip and I hate that it's one of Batiuk's.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

AND THEN KISS

Luann

I hate it when romances do that. Like, you've got this new couple trying to have an adventure and fall in love and meanwhile the whole time there's these old dipshits wandering around in the background waggling their eyebrows and nudging each other in the ribs like, "Eh? Remember when we were the ones having adventures and falling in love? Eh? Eh?"

Gil Thorp

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

:china:

If it's just that loving skeleton again, I swear to god...

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I don't think you're allowed to slap someone in the face in Basketball

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

This must be an absolutely miserable marriage to be in. God forbid Ed have some fun and make some new friends. Not that Ed is any better to live with, mind you.

Also I just learned that they are making some new Peanuts graphic novels that are releasing this month. I may post them once I can get a copy.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Pancho Jueves posted:

When your dedication to having an arbitrary quota of waaaaacky secret items requires you to feature a piece of pie just sitting plateless on a bathroom counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayo9PoZgrMU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

I don't think you're allowed to slap someone in the face in Basketball

That's what "count it and one" means -- if you're fouled while shooting, you get the basket plus a free throw for being fouled.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

manero posted:

Somehow, Crankshaft is even more boring

Green Intern posted:

The last couple of Crankshaft strips have been these two blankly staring at the football broadcast in abject boredom. I have never felt so seen by a comic strip and I hate that it's one of Batiuk's.

I mentioned it in the last thread but something I really hate about Crankshaft is that there's a streak of "Only My Sports Fandom is Pure" running through it that rears its head from time to time. We're getting a whole week of it here with these two schlubs watching a football game where every gag is "Too many penalties! Too much tech! Remember when they just let the boys get out there and PLAY?"

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Didn't these books used to be about merfolk?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

JethroMcB posted:

I mentioned it in the last thread but something I really hate about Crankshaft is that there's a streak of "Only My Sports Fandom is Pure" running through it that rears its head from time to time. We're getting a whole week of it here with these two schlubs watching a football game where every gag is "Too many penalties! Too much tech! Remember when they just let the boys get out there and PLAY?"
Great timing for those kind of complaints about football, huh?

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Thank you, Reverend Freeman.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Poil posted:

I think I remember an old X-files episode like that. Guy got turned invisible and the first thing he did was run across the road in front of a car.

Season 7's "Je Souhaite" but it also sorta happened twice with an elephant which is one of my favorite episodes because it's so god drat weird.

nut.