Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

seorin posted:

:mario: #3: The Goon Feast :mario:

Brown Pac-Man Power Berries

Right, here's my go to desert/snack that's easy enough for even the gooniest goon to make! Also, in the spirit of modern christmas, it's wheat-free, gluten-free, added-sugar-free and possibly better for you than a tube of cookie dough. All pictures are taken with my super high quality cameraphone, so be sure to ask if something gets too complicated or fuzzy.

It all starts off with some oats (1 dl)! Which you put in a bowl!

Next up, you grab some almonds (1 dl, or a roughly equivalent amount of whatever nuts you prefer)!

You give those a good rough chopping!

Next up are the dates (again, roughly 1 dl)! I use dried ones, but if you live somewhere warm, you can probably get them fresh.

Give those a rough chopping too, and throw them and the almonds in the bowl with the oats!

Next, you add about a tablespoon, or more if you want, of cocoa powder!

Now comes the secret ingredient...BUTTER! Well, actually, I use baking margarine. But throw in about 100 grams of that.

Then you start mixing it all up! Try and be quick, since the butter will start melting at some point, and you don't want that!

Look at that filthy hand!

Once you're done mixing, start rolling the stuff into balls or dicks or reindeer, and stuff them in the freezer for a bit to stop them from melting too bad.

You can move them into the fridge after a while. They're delicious, cheap to make, keep for a while, and the recipe is easy to modify. Everyone should try them out (you could substitute some cocoa for cinnamon, since it's christmas and all)!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gabbygabe

If I win, I'd like a copy of the Banner Saga. I've also got Wasteland 2, so I'd prefer 3rd over 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
I'm glad a bunch of people posted recipes so I'm not tempted to attempt a pumpkin pie milkshake.

The power berries or whatever they're normally called look delicious.

Laksa
Sep 25, 2012
#3 Goon feast

Meals for the bachelor.(That men can actually make)
Lazy pasta: Throw all the stuff in boiling water, wait 10 mins, fish it all out, dump a bottle of pasta sauce on it.

Lazy cheesecake: Take pancake flour powder dump in bowl and pour beer in to mix,cook and slap cheese in between 2 cakes.If cakes turn into mush while cooking, dump the cheese in it and eat it like porridge.

Lazy curry: buy ur fav meats, preferably fatty pork,packet of curry mix,and packet of coconut milk, throw everything in a slow cooker and set at low for 8 hours,eat after 8 hour session of WOW. edit:no water needed.

Lazy guy burger: see picture,real men dont slice their onions.This gourmet meal took so much effort that i had to take a 12 hour power nap after making it.

Laksa fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 12, 2014

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Laksa posted:

Lazy curry: buy ur fav meats, preferably fatty pork,packet of curry mix,and packet of coconut milk, throw everything in a slow cooker and set at low for 8 hours,eat after 8 hour session of WOW. edit:no water needed.

Since when do lazy bachelors own slow cookers?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Gromit posted:

I'm hoping to get to this tomorrow just before the deadline hits. It won't be a Wednesday though, so with any luck you'll accept the crazy Australian time where the 13th is a Saturday.

I copy+paste gud :downs:

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Laksa posted:

#3 Goon feast

Meals for the bachelor.(That men can actually make)

Disgusting.

I like it.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

First we're preparing our workstation with a load of baking essentials:

Here we have lots of creamy peanut butter, one whole egg, a quarter imperial pound of flour, 250 grams of sugar, an ounce of baking soda,
half a dipplet of butter, a snipens of vanilla extract, 0,05 stone of spices and a smörges of cinnamon.

Next we put everything except the peanut butter, sugar and the egg back where it belongs. Today we're making a very simple form of a
peanut butter cookie, and that's all we need. They're even gluten free, so your dick doesn't fly off.

We put a load of peanut butter into a bowl and start stirring with a wooden spoon to make it more smooth

A quantity of sugar equal to the amount of PB is added and mixed in.

We add the whole egg (except the shell) to the mix and keep mixing the mixture.

After a few minutes of rest (for us and the dough, the first few steps were hard) we form small balls (from the dough, preferably)
and place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper with adequate spacing in between. Beware of sharp edges.

With a fork we slightly flatten the balls from two angles and provide them with a nice pattern at the same time.

We preheat the oven to around 180°C/350°F or whatever your regional equivalent is and wonder why we didn't do that earlier.
The cookies should bake for about 12-15 7-9 minutes until their bottom begins to brown.

Coming out of the oven, they're still very soft. We let them cool of to harden a bit. Especially the burned ones.

Enjoy!

True cooking aficionados will find ways to refine these cookies with vanilla extract, choclate chips, seasalt or the likes...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/westborn/
3rd Prize: Still Grimrock 2

westborn fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 13, 2014

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

westborn posted:

First we're preparing our workstation with a load of baking essentials:

Here we have lots of creamy peanut butter, one whole egg, a quarter imperial pound of flour, 250 grams of sugar, an ounze of baking soda,
half a dipplet of butter, a snipens of vanilla extract, 0,05 stone of spices and a smörges of cinnamon.

The cookies should bake for about 12-15 7-9 minutes until their bottom begins to brown.

:golfclap:

This was beautiful.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
The baking cookie gif is hypnotic.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

seorin posted:

I have no kitchen talent, but my wife does. However she is very bad at posting so I am going to do it for her. This is her thread in GWS showing her doing some of her massive amount of Christmas baking.

And her Steam profile. And I have no idea what she'd want from the third place stuff on the rare off chance there's a win here, since I haven't told her I'm entering her.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hahahahahaa

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

westborn posted:

So unfair to have us amateurs compete with the professionals :argh:

Well done!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Is...is there more and more blood in each progressive picture? :ohdear:

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Winners for contest #2 are in! As always, there were several really amazing entries, but we were really surprised by the overall quality of the text only ones. Great job, goons!

1st place: Grandma's Eggnog Adventure by Princey
2nd place: Nutty's Toy Time by Bert of the Forest
3rd place: 20XXmas by Astroduck

Congratulations! Princey, you'll need to be in contact with Fart of Presto for your prize. Bert, Grimrock II is coming from me. Astroduck, I only snagged one Grimrock II during the Black Friday sale, so you can either pick a different prize from the list, take the second place prize that Bert passed on, or I can grab you a copy of Grimrock II during the winter sale assuming it goes on sale again, which I'm pretty sure it will. Just let me know. :)

Contest #3 closes in a few hours, so get any last minute entries in now.

:mario: #4: Silent Knight :mario:

This contest is simple: we want you to tell a holiday and/or video game themed story. The catch is you can't use any words. Your story can be told in pictures, video, drawings, even a single picture if you're clever enough. It's okay to use a very small number of words as flavor, so long as the story can be understood without them. You may also give your story a short title.

Formats accepted: anything without words

Deadline: Tuesday, December 16th 11:59pm PST (Wednesday, December 19th 7:59am GMT)

Prizes:
1st Prize: $30 spending spree donated by seorin
2nd Prize: Alien Isolation donated by Sandweed
3rd Prize: Your pick from the following list

Banner Saga
Driftmoon
Gauntlet
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Nekro
Saints Row 4
Saints Row Franchise Pack
Shadowgate
Shadowrun Dragon Fall
Shadowrun Returns
Tesla Effect

Thank you to Sandweed, Jordan7hm, Kragger99, Malek, and Nekoxid for the above prizes!

Your post should include: The title of this contest (including the marios), your contest entry, your steam id, and your pick from the third place prize list for if you win. If you'd prefer the third prize over the second, please indicate that as well.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Oh wow, I can't believe it! Thank you! I'm so happy people enjoyed terrible Grandma and her drunken adventure. It was my first real try at a Twine game, though I'd played around with it before.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
Awesome! Congrats to Princey by the way! Your entry was quite marvelously done. I'm glad I was able to participate this year, last year I noticed this contest a little too late and wasn't able to make a proper game for it so I'm excited to have placed. Jams always make for good times, hope the tradition lives on.

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

Apple Tart

Alright, assemble your ingredients, and let's get started! First we need to make the pate brisee for the crust.

Make sure your butter is cold. ICE COLD. Seriously, make it as cold as you can make it while not making it rock hard (you have to still roll it out).

Add 1 and a half cups of all purpose flour. Mix in a tablespoon of sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon salt. Then dice your butter and then cut it into the flour. No piece of butter should be larger than a pea (for goon reference, a pea is about the size of a medium Doritos crumb).

Add 1/4 cup or more of ice water to the flour mixture, just enough to get it to form a ball. I used 1/2 cup.

Wrap and chill your dough for one hour.

After chilling, roll it out into a rectangle (or a circle, I'm not your boss).

Peel, core and slice those apples. During the holidays I toss mine with cinnamon, allspice, ground clove, nutmeg, and lemon zest. Don't forget to add sugar and some kind of thickening agent (I used cornstarch).

If you don't want to arrange them tastefully, arrange them distastefully (as a goon is wont to do)

Microwave some peach preserves with a little sugar and some water. Then pour it over the apples. This helps to prevent them from drying out, and if done correctly, gives them an awesome shine.(I didn't do this correctly :downs:).

Make an eggwash and brush the crust. Stick it in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes and then 375 for 30 minutes and voila! Apple tart!

Hmmmm, that doesn't seem quite goony enough. I included an actual goon holiday meal below:

But that isn't a feast. Huh. Welllllllllllll

Make Your Own Taco Bell

Ok, let's do this! A goon should not be without Taco Bell and cold pizza during the holidays.

Lentil tacos:

To make the taco sauce, add 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes to 2 tablespoons tomato paste.

(that is a terrible picture)

Then add cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper and brown sugar to the pot.

(help, I am not a photographer)

If you are game, add one of these:

(don't forget the seeds you wimp)

Simmer lightly and then set aside. Then get started on the lentils.

Cut 1/2 an onion, and then sautee in butter.

Add lentils, water and a bayleaf, and a little salt to the pot and simmer until lentils have absorbed all the water. Then add the taco sauce.

Not shown: Heat up tortillas in a skillet, just until golden. Place lentils, cabbage slaw, and cheese on top

Hmmmmmm, what else does taco bell serve? Nachoooooooooooos

I layered tortilla chips, black beans and corn, then red pepper and onion, and finally cheese and jalpenos.
(Next time the cheese goes on top of the jalepenos.)

Alright, time to plate!

I added some coconut rice to the taco plate (on the left, if you want the recipe, just ask)
Truly a goony feast!

edit: forgot my ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatmanScoop
If I win 3rd place, I would like Grimrock 2

Brother Buer fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 13, 2014

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

seorin posted:

Astroduck, I only snagged one Grimrock II during the Black Friday sale, so you can either pick a different prize from the list, take the second place prize that Bert passed on, or I can grab you a copy of Grimrock II during the winter sale assuming it goes on sale again, which I'm pretty sure it will. Just let me know. :)

Wow, I cannot believe I won something, considering what some of you posted. I will gladly take the second place prize, I'm a big GoT fan. Thanks for the awesome contest guys.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:siren: Palpek's Birthday Contest :siren:

Hey guys as always during the Giftorama I'm holding my birthday contest right in the middle of it.

This year I have a bit of a lovely end of the year at work so please just give me some laughs and show/describe Agent Cooper's (from Twin Peaks) ideal Christmas gone wrong.
You can use picture, text, sculpture, video, whatever you want. You have time until Monday night (wherever you live, I'll accept your entry).

Anyway the prizes are:
  • Distance - a cool futuristic racing game.
  • Last Inua - a beautiful immersive and emotional platform adventure game.
  • Syberia Bundle - a classic point'n'click adventure series[/url]

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9graUTUNfw agent cooper

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Palpek posted:

Let's get the easy one out of the way:

I'd imagine the drone-y minor chords of Laura Palmer's Theme play once he realizes they've gotten his order wrong.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I wanted to do a riff on one of my favorite scenes, but I suck at anything involving art.

Click to enlarge, obviously.

Note: This is not an entry. I simply needed to get the concept out of my head.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 13, 2014

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Astroduck posted:

Wow, I cannot believe I won something, considering what some of you posted. I will gladly take the second place prize, I'm a big GoT fan. Thanks for the awesome contest guys.

I think that prize is coming directly from Sivek, but if there's anything I can do to help with prize distribution, let me know. Congratulations!

Also, happy birthday to Palpek!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

This is a true story from my childhood:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gromit2096

3rd Prize: Gauntlet

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Princey posted:

Oh wow, I can't believe it! Thank you! I'm so happy people enjoyed terrible Grandma and her drunken adventure. It was my first real try at a Twine game, though I'd played around with it before.
Congratulations!
Contact has been made and Princey is going on a shopping spree during the sale :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Palpek posted:

:siren: Palpek's Birthday Contest

"Diane, its 8:02pm, December 24th, and I'm currently sitting in an old oak chair in front of the fireplace, enjoying my first Christmas in my new home I bought up in Twin Peaks. The smell of the air is both refreshing and clean, and my pajamas are still warm from being hung by the fire. I like a toasty jammie.

I went to the local grocery store and bought myself a box of tollhouse cookies and a dozen donuts, and I have them on the nightstand to my right. I met up with Gordon Cole while I was there, and he suggested that I buy the items that I had been bringing to the checkout. Never change, Cole.

The store was out of milk, but a local resident said that he'd have his milkman send a bottle my way. Diane, I can't tell you how pleased I am with myself for moving here, this place is one in a million."

<knocking at the door>

It's the old man from the lodge. He hands Cooper a milk bottle, smiles, and with a thumbs up, tells him "it only works if you can reach it". Confused, Cooper takes the bottle, wishes the man a merry Christmas, and closes the door.

Cooper pours the milk into a nearby glass on the nightstand, studies it for a moment, and then turns to his cookies. A thought strikes him; "I should indulge". Within a moment, he's got 5 cookies in his mouth, and starts to reach for his milk to wash it all down.

A shot from the darkness in the corner of the room rings out and for a moment, Cooper doesn't know what happened. He hurts, and then he looks down: no blood. Thankfully, he'd put on his kevlar vest underneath his onesie. The shot, however, still knocks him down. The mysterious gunman flees through the window, amidst the sound of bells jingling, as if they were attached to his person.

As he lay on his back, he aches. He tries to cry out "it's happening again", but it ends up sounding more like "ifhh havvnin agahh",as he still has a load of cookie in his mouth and also a bit down his throat. He looks at the fresh glass of milk in the table just as he hears soft, slow footsteps approach him from the opposite side of the room. Cooper glances over to see the old milkman. The man bends down to Cooper, gives him a smile and the "a-ok" sign with his hands, and says again "it only works if you can reach it."

Cooper turns back to the glass of milk sitting high atop the nightstand, now seemingly a hundred feet away. He feebly extends his arm towards his pale liquid salvation, and almost grabs it before passing out, crumbs falling from his excruciatingly dry mouth.

(Edit: if I'm chosen, I'd like either the racing game or the platformer, thanks!)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/robot_cousin

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 14, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Palpek posted:

Cooper loved his coffee. His mistake was agreeing to "Irish it up" too much at the Christmas party. One thing led to another, and that's how we got here, an awkward silence in the harsh light of day.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gromit posted:

Cooper loved his coffee. His mistake was agreeing to "Irish it up" too much at the Christmas party. One thing led to another, and that's how we got here, an awkward silence in the harsh light of day.

"Diane, I'm not ashamed to admit it; last night, the Log Lady gave me wood."

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

It's the Thought That Counts

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bredgentleman/

Third place pick: Banner Saga.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Palpek posted:

Happy Birthday Palpek! I was going to post an effortstory, but realised I remember very little of Twin Peaks, so heres a two liner instead.

Cooper - This is a drat fine christmas party you've thrown. It has everything, whittling, donuts, and a view of those fantastic trees you've got. They're really something. Now I could really go for a cup of coffee.
Deputy - Oh, there's no coffee sir. Only eggnog. Eggnog as white as a snowfield under a full moon!

:thejoke:

Anyway, hope things calm down for you so you can spend the holidays resting.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Palpek posted:

Thought you might appreciate this one:

(just a heads up: already owned/gave away Syberia)

edit: Slightly updated the image.

saucerman fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 15, 2014

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Palpek posted:

Cooper's guests had trouble adjusting to the venue. They came empty handed and left with all the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDea1UoBNWQ

Ha, I though about submitting this old mod challenge entry again for this...
Other versions by ChaosTheory and uberwekkness.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

seorin posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lestershy

3rd place pick: Gauntlet

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

westborn posted:

Cooper's guests had trouble adjusting to the venue. They came empty handed and left with all the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDea1UoBNWQ

Ha, I though about submitting this old mod challenge entry again for this...
Other versions by ChaosTheory and uberwekkness.

Hahaha wow, what an oddly specific challenge that was! I had no idea that was a thing, honestly. With that said, those were a great watch.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Contest #3 winners:

1st: westborn
2nd: Brother Buer
3rd: Kuule hain nussivan
Also 3rd: saucerman

We had a tie for third place, so we decided that you both win. westborn should get in contact with Epic Doctor Fetus, Brother Buer with Dementropy, and I'll be sending saucerman a copy of Shadowgate. Kuule, your prize of The Banner Saga was donated by Sandweed, but he gave us the keys to distribute, so I'll send that to you as well. Congratulations everyone!

Contest #4 closes tomorrow at midnight (PST), so you've still got a little bit over a day to get any last minute entries in. I'd love to see a few more.

:mario: #5: Holiday Unlocked :mario:

Remember when the Steam winter sale had a bunch of special holiday achievements? Nowadays they'd probably have to add special emotes and trading cards for each game, too. Actually, that would be pretty cool, so let's do that. Pick a game on Steam and come up with a set of at least three holiday achievements, emotes, or trading cards for it. If you're feeling ambitious, you can do all three!

Formats accepted: Pictures and text

Deadline: Friday, December 19th 11:59pm PST (Saturday, December 20th 7:59am GMT)

Prizes:
1st Prize: $50 spending spree donated by Kragger99
2nd Prize: Divinity: Original Sin donated by seorin
3rd Prize: Your pick from the following list

Driftmoon
Gauntlet
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Nekro
Saints Row 4
Saints Row Franchise Pack
Shadowrun Dragon Fall
Shadowrun Returns
Tesla Effect

Thank you to Sandweed, Jordan7hm, Kragger99, Malek, and Nekoxid for the above prizes!

Your post should include: The title of this contest (including the marios), your contest entry, your steam id, and your pick from the third place prize list for if you win. If you'd prefer the third prize over the second, please indicate that as well.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jamfrost/
3rd Prize: Shadowrun Dragon Fall

Whew. I did something.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

seorin posted:

Holiday edits of the Escape Goat emoticons...

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Escape Goat:

Dentist Mouse:

Burl Ives Sheep:

If I think of good ideas for achievements, I'll add them.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/breadallelogram/

3rd Prize: Gauntlet

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

seorin posted:

Palpek posted:

I found a way to combine the contest and Palpek's birthday if that's okay. It's been a long day and I'm a little tired, so the gif is kinda :effort:, absurd (like the show), and a bit too fast (for those confused, it starts with the Christmas tree). The words were already in the images when I downloaded them and included them in the gif. Anyhow, here it is:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ghost_of_bukowski/

If I win the Silent Knight contest, I'd like Alien: Isolation if I win 2nd, and Shadowgate if I win 3rd, please.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Gotta say, I didn't expect Fallout: New Vegas to get any new DLC, much less a holiday-themed one, but here we are with some leaked achievements!

Let It Snow
Nuke the South Pole... Or the North Pole.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Help Santa take over New Vegas.

White Christmas
Complete White Christmas.

Jingle All The Way!
Kill Santa Claus.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SaxColonel/

If I get 3rd, I'd like Dragonfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic Doctor Fetus
Jul 23, 2003

Seasons greetings from glorious Arstotzka! New achievements have been added to Papers, Please. Unlocking these achievements is mandatory.

In lieu of payment, citizens who unlock these achievements will be rewarded with the following emoticons (and by not being gunned down by the Arstotzka gestapo):

Santa Jorji - :santajorji:

Commemorative Holiday Denied Entry Stamp - :goaway:

Guards Pulling Sleigh - :sleighduty:

All glory to Arstotzka!

Third place pick: Saints Row Franchise Pack
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pumpaction1034

• Locked thread