Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RasterPunk
Aug 24, 2015

Digital Jello posted:

This game kind of reminds me of another tacky kart racer called Mega Man Battle & Chase in the sense that an awesome series like has its own dime-store Mario Kart rendition.

Anyone remember Kart Kombat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Ape (i think) during part four said rather than posted:

Wh-Who on the development staff was so mad that they were like, 'You know what!? gently caress anyone who buys this game, and gently caress anyone who thinks they have a chance to win!' ?"

I'd like to remind you that the company that developed this game was the same one that has gone on record saying this:

By my guess, Bomber Castle was Atlus reminding you exactly who they were.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

RasterPunk posted:

Anyone remember Kart Kombat?

I remember that Motor Kombat thing that was part of MK Armageddon. That was actually pretty fun. Shame the age of shameless Mario Kart clones has passed. Many wonderful things have come from that.

RasterPunk
Aug 24, 2015

SilverSupernova posted:

I remember that Motor Kombat thing that was part of MK Armageddon. That was actually pretty fun. Shame the age of shameless Mario Kart clones has passed. Many wonderful things have come from that.

Ah, that's what it was called; it was the one I was referring to. I should revisit that franchise at least for the single player. People say a lot of good things about MK: Deception.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I'd like to remind you that the company that developed this game was the same one that has gone on record saying this:

Atlus only published Fantasy Race. :ssh:

RasterPunk
Aug 24, 2015

RasterPunk fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 5, 2016

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
So, dunno if Thorn or anyone else is much on emulation and such anymore, but last month the translation for Bomberman Wars for the PSX was completed. Perhaps someone may be up for showing that off for a video?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Derek Barona posted:

So, dunno if Thorn or anyone else is much on emulation and such anymore, but last month the translation for Bomberman Wars for the PSX was completed. Perhaps someone may be up for showing that off for a video?

If anyone can get it to work, that'd be very cool to see. I tried it but couldn't get the patch to work and the ROM to run.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dragonatrix posted:

Atlus only published Fantasy Race. :ssh:

Atlus only published Demon's Souls. :ssh:

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

If anyone can get it to work, that'd be very cool to see. I tried it but couldn't get the patch to work and the ROM to run.

Works fine for me; I might see if I can get some video of it. On that note it's bomberman with swords how did I never know this existed

E: Look at this intro cutscene

Jothan fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 15, 2016

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Actually it's really interesting to see the continuing adventures of the little mascot that...

Well, okay, he never really could, as such, but he kept on being a mascot, which is a lot more than a hundred other presumptive little mascots could say. Fantasy Race looked like it had some interesting racing mechanics that would have stood out more in the hands of a developer capable of making a progression scheme better than "I dunno get money I guess?"

I look forward to all future attempts, whoever they're by.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Sorry for the delay, but I finally got around to uploading the last two parts of Bomberman Tournament!

Part 8
Part 9

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Glad you came back to it! If you want, you can add those links to this first post you made and that can be the main post for your LP. Then you can submit it to the archive or leave it, it's up to you.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mr Phillby posted:

Sorry for the delay, but I finally got around to uploading the last two parts of Bomberman Tournament!

Part 8
Part 9

Yes! Years in the making! Totally worth it, thank you! :)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

---The Game---
Super Bomberman 3 is the 1995 sequel to both Super Bomberman 2 and Bomberman '94. It's the first of the Supers to not to be released in America, which is a shame, because it's as solid and fun as the previous ones, coupled with one of June Chikuma's best set of mixes.

The Story is Such:
Bagular, fresh from you kicking his rear end in Bomberman '94, finds and resurrects the corpses of the Five Dastardly Bombers, rotting from you kicking their asses in Super Bomberman 2. They invade five single-biome planets and steal power chips of some kind, like you do. Bomberman, with the help of his Louie friends, sets out to stop them.

---The LP---
Quick run through, like my previous LPs. My co-commentators for this LP are Heavy Sigh and SorataYuy.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 3, 2016

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Best mixes is right goddamn. :aaa: nice to see Chikuma doesn't slack on her music even in recent years.

One question though cuz I remember this from games like Saturn, if you pick up a special ability like passing through bombs, does it stack with other abilities like passing through walls and kicking bombs, or do they swap out one ability for the other?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
They do stack. Seems the only abilities that don't for these earlier games are the bomb types (remote, spike, jelly, etc).

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
This game confuses me; why are the graphics to its predecessor all cartoony and...well, better than SB3 here? It's like SB3 went a step down in aesthetics.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Best song in the game after the title theme. And one of the more hilarious bosses.

Digital Jello posted:

This game confuses me; why are the graphics to its predecessor all cartoony and...well, better than SB3 here? It's like SB3 went a step down in aesthetics.

We talk about that a bit in later parts. This game's a direct sequel to Bomberman '94, and it seems to just take the art style from it. B'94 was on the Turbografx-16. :downs:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
If you didn't reflect light you'd still be blocking out the light from behind you, making a human shaped black hole. Theoretical active camouflage would need to replicate what would be seen on the other side of you as if you weren't there.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

If you've never been drunk, now you have.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The Bomberman rap is rather nice to hear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vStkwcceCY8

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Glad to see these bosses are staying as dumb as I remember them.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The best boss stuck in the worst world.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That stage had a number of enemies from other games if a little different. The spiders seem to be the same from that Zelda clone.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This stage has some of the most charming art design, even though the overall colour palette is about as boring to look at as World 4.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I like how you mention the dogs, Thorn, and everybody immediately knows exactly what you're talking about. I don't even remember what LP it was, just that at some point during the commentary you interrupted Travis to lean away from the mic and scream "loving cunts!" out the window. Hopefully your hand fared better than the glass.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The animation for the igloos exploding are a little less animated than the Mega Bomberman version. The animals in the edge of the screen also attacked you.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Theoretically, if I recorded the only existing full playthrough of the PSP Bomberman title in the form of a Longplay for this thread, could I post it here or would I need to jabber over it for it to qualify?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Theoretically, if I recorded the only existing full playthrough of the PSP Bomberman title in the form of a Longplay for this thread, could I post it here or would I need to jabber over it for it to qualify?

It would qualify only as a longplay. You can do that if you want, but the point of the megathread was to get more Bomberman LPs onto SA and the LP Archive, since before I joined the forum none of them were finished or archived.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ThornBrain posted:

It would qualify only as a longplay. You can do that if you want, but the point of the megathread was to get more Bomberman LPs onto SA and the LP Archive, since before I joined the forum none of them were finished or archived.

Alrighty! That's fine, I just felt the PSP game needed sharing too, since apparently the human race forgot it existed, and I doubted anyone else would have the patience for it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I've decided to add commentary to explain the functions of certain mechanics and enemies, because if I'm only going to make one video for Bomberman Legacy it might as well be as good as I can make it.

So, I guess I call dibs on Bomberman for the PSP? That's how it works, right?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Yep that works.

Just FYI, I talked with Baldurk about it previously with the Bomberman NES LP, and he doesn't archive single-video LPs. So unless you're not bothered about archiving it you can do what you like.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ThornBrain posted:

Yep that works.

Just FYI, I talked with Baldurk about it previously with the Bomberman NES LP, and he doesn't archive single-video LPs. So unless you're not bothered about archiving it you can do what you like.

We'll see how it goes as I edit it, but thank you for your answers! I'm glad to be able to share a Bomberman title, since I love this series and couldn't originally think of a meaningful way to contribute.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thanks to Heavy Sigh and SorataYuy for helping me get this LP done! Hopefully SB4 and 5 shouldn't also take half a year to be commentated.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I admit, I wasn't expecting the Voltron final boss.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think Mega Bomberman ended up using most of those same kinds of attacks with a little variation. The games certainly feel like add-ons to previous games.
Another thing is that the ending was a bit different if you had a Louie with you. It was sad. Not sure if they did the same thing for this game.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I thought Mega Bomberman was a bad port of Bomberman '94 (which I really liked.)

'94 has a ton of similarities to the Super Bomberman series though.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I thought Mega Bomberman was a bad port of Bomberman '94 (which I really liked.)

Yep it was. Despite the Genesis being a stronger system, the visuals and audio were inexplicably worse.
It could easily have been a problem with my recording setup, but I recorded all of '94 for the original megathread plus a bit of Mega for comparison, and Mega's audio quality was godawful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

ThornBrain posted:

Yep it was. Despite the Genesis being a stronger system, the visuals and audio were inexplicably worse.
It could easily have been a problem with my recording setup, but I recorded all of '94 for the original megathread plus a bit of Mega for comparison, and Mega's audio quality was godawful.

I don't think it was your recording, the graphical and audio in the Genesis version are just really bad.

• Locked thread