Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
...Monsterpeople. I look for the jewelry.

Perception: 1d20+5 19

/17HP 13/16AC 3/3 1st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Sip is able to take a quick look at the quartermaster's papers and receipts. It doesn't take more than a few moments to find a large order put in by Miradis, several weeks ago. There was a down payment in advance with a promise of more funds later. Other receipts show gemstones and jewelry being traded for weapons and armor to various merchants around town and in Altaris itself.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I think of tearing out the pages. But the man is gonna be dead anyway. I just take the whole book and leave, looking for actually jewelry not just stones.
/17HP 13/16AC 3/3 1st

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell
HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 3/3 | Sorcery Points: 2

Initiative: 1d20+2 10

Sylmae groaned internally and decides to try to break up the fight, which started before she could utter a word.

"Given the fact that we are being attacked by the land itself, and you are currently being attacked by my companions, you may not even be around to collect on this order - nor do any of us have the time to fight. Should we all survive, I will personally see to it that you are properly compensated and more to account for your present suffering. Just let us take what we need to defend ourselves - no more, no less."

Persuasion: 1d20+3 8

However, it appears that the shopkeeper didn't hear a word she said.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Vilnius

AC: 16 (two-handing) / 18 (sword + board) / 9 (unarmored)
HP: 17/17 | HD: [d8+2] 2/2
Spell Slots: [1] 3/3
Reactions: [Wrath of the Storm] 3/3
Short Rest: [Channel Divinity] 1/1
Ammo: [Javelins] 1/1 [Magic Stones] 0/0

Initiative: 1d20-1 = 8

"Hey! Don't threaten to turn people into boots, you racist gently caress" :argh:

Vilnius grabs a weapon off the rack as he approaches the shopkeep, swinging it down quickly against wildly in the general direction of the man.

whiff!

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Ditching his dagger for a battleaxe, the store clerk rushes at Glory, swinging his axe left and right. Scales on Glory's chest are ripped away leaving a bloody mess underneath.

Greataxe vs Glory, 2 swings: 2#1d20+5 7 19 2#1d12+3 4 7. One hit for 7 damage. Lucky...everyone is up! :rolldice:

Init
----
Jacques
Glory (11/18HP)
Sip
Sylmae
Vilnius
Quartermaster (31/58HP AC11)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
HP: 18/18 AC: 11
Campaign Cheat Sheet

A deep laugh bubbles up from within Glory's chest as the shopkeep brings a real weapon to the fight and slashes out at the dragonborn. Though the initial hit Glory takes looks rather gruesome, he is of strong stock and the blow will only leave a faint scar among his scales.

Eager to pay the man back in turn for his attack, Glory raises his sledgehammer up again and brings it savagely down on the shopkeeper's unarmored shoulder.

HD: 2/2 d10+2
Class Features:
Second Wind: 1d10+2 Healing as a bonus action (Short rest recharge)
Action Surge: Take an extra Action (Short rest recharge)
Racial Features:
Dragon Breath: (5x30' line DC 12 Dex save for half of 2d6 acid damage. Short rest recharge)
Draconic Resistance: Half damage from all acid sources.
Effects:
Heavy Armor: Disadvantage on stealth checks.
Great Weapon Style: Can re-roll a 1 or 2 on a 2h weapon attack once, must take the new result.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 16, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Jacques Renault

HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/3

"We are in need of equipment, little one. Well, perhaps not yourself, but the rest of us anyhow. Besides, we have our honor to defend, apparently. Now then, I seem to recall a basic spell..."

The spectral hand shimmers and fades, replaced by three arcane darts that circle around me. Seizing the opportunity, each one curves around Glory, attempting to strike the spot that he had just smashed. And judging by the shopkeep's howling, they had found their mark.

Magic Missile v. Shopkeep (HP 31): 3d4+3 14

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
He's almost done for the count. Reminder: in 5e, you can subdue with the finishing melee blow if you so choose, but ranged or spells always kill.

Init
----
Jacques
Glory (18/18HP)
:rolldice: Sip
:rolldice: Sylmae
:rolldice: Vilnius
Quartermaster (2/58HP AC11)

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Vilnius

Vilnius butt-ends the man across the side of the head, knocking him out cold.

P.d0t posted:

Maul: 1d20+4 = 12 hits, 2d6+2 = 8 damage

Subdual.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
HP: 18/18 AC: 11
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory's grin slowly settles off his face as the shopkeeper falls and his Shaman's words reverberate in his head Respect the castes, respect the warlords, and take what is rightfully ours. Stepping over the unconscious man Glory makes his way among the man's goods and begins to pilfer for all he's worth.

Glancing back at the unconscious man Glory pipes up "You should decide what you intend to do with him as soon as possible, leaving him alive and here is not a kindness should the Visirians overrun the village." He glances out toward the streets "I suppose retribution would not be forthcoming even if the village does fend off the attack, they do not exactly have the resources to send out thief -takers ."

quote:

I assume we're free to gear up with "normal" gear? I'm also assuming there's some kind of limits on stuff like armor haha, no skipping straight to plate? :v:

Shopping List:
Greatsword
Handaxes x2
Daggers x2
Chain mail, Splint, or Plate.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
With the quartermaster knocked out, you can loot the shop. This is your chance to finally gear up. Here's what they have:

-About a dozen shields.
-Several suits of armor. There is studded leather, scale male, and both chain shirts and full suits of chainmail. One of them definitely fits Glory, and is tagged as being for dragonborn.
-An abundance of military weapons. There are blades of every size from dagger to short sword, rapier, longsword and greatsword. Axes and hammers are rarer but also present. A few halberds round out the melee selection.
-Ranged weapons include all variety of crossbows and bows, though a shortage of ammunition. There's enough to grab 20 of a variety.

Much of this is included in the order meant for Miradis. There are also the following up for grabs:
-5 explorer's packs
-1 of each other pack type (burglar/diplomat/etc)
-2 healing potions

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"How much can I carry?"

We aren't tracking encumbrance because that's lame. Don't get too greedy. You can probably comfortably haul a single suit of armor (worn, of course) and about 3 normal-size or heavy weapons along with a single pack that can be filled with random items like potions.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
HP: 18/18 AC: 16
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory is pleased to see appropriately sized armor among the assorted goods the shopkeeper has so graciously donated to the group's cause. Glory is likewise pleased to find a large slab of sharpened metal in just his size, a great sword that would serve him well hung upon the wall.

Discarding his soaked through pack, the contents of which have begun to smell of wet fur from his improperly dried sleeping gear, Glory is more than happy to snatch up one of the fresh packs of exploration gear and to fling a few choice pieces of weaponry from the shelving into it.

Having sorted himself out Glory sets a smile on his face and begins to arduous task of shimmying his way into the suit of chain mail on offer "This will do nicely I think!"

Once he has donned his armor, Glory rolls the unconscious shopkeeper onto his back and begins to rifle through the man's personal possessions in search of local coinage and other valuables. As a parting emotional blow he removes the man's boots, eager to separate the imbecile from the footwear he was so proud of.

HD: 2/2 d10+2
Class Features:
Second Wind: 1d10+2 Healing as a bonus action (Short rest recharge)
Action Surge: Take an extra Action (Short rest recharge)
Racial Features:
Dragon Breath: (5x30' line DC 12 Dex save for half of 2d6 acid damage. Short rest recharge)
Draconic Resistance: Half damage from all acid sources.
Effects:
Heavy Armor: Disadvantage on stealth checks.
Great Weapon Style: Can re-roll a 1 or 2 on a 2h weapon attack once, must take the new result.

quote:

Back in business! Taking an explorers pack, great sword, two hand axes, and my new shiny armor! Tossing a pair of daggers into the pack as well.

Heavy armor puts me back in clankerville so don't hope for any sneaking from me!

If there's clothing in Glory's size he'll change into that too, because he's still wearing stolen guard's clothing that he tore into something wearable :v:.

I'll snag one of the healing potions if no one is particularly bothered by it, but I'm not picky.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 17, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 | Spell Slots: 1st - 1/3 | Mage Armor - 8/8 Hours

My eyes dart about the shopkeep's inventory, scanning for any equipment that I might use; while spells were my primary source of both offense and defense, it never hurt to have a backup plan. Weighing some of the crossbows, I stow one of the lighter ones away as well as the bolts. And while I appreciated the aesthetic of my bone knife, an actual dagger would be far less suspicious, so a pair of those seemed wise.

Aside, an assortment of writing materials caught my attention. I couldn't imagine who I could write to at the moment, but it could be useful in the future. And after witnessing Glory take a solid blow, the thought of better protection crossed my mind. Armor, however, wasn't something I remembered wearing. Rummaging through my pouch of components, I found the small piece of cured leather that I was looking for.

"Whatever we decide to do with the shopkeep, it should be done quickly. Try and hide the body out of sight so he is safe until he awakens, perhaps. Once that is done, let us be on our way."

quote:

Grabbing two daggers, light crossbow, 20 bolts, and a scholar's pack. Think I'll be fine without the potion, although I'm sure I'll come to regret those words.

Also casting Mage Armor on myself for 8 hours, boosting me up to 15 AC. Haven't actually been attacked yet, but better safe than sorry!

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae examines the inventory. Not that she was a fan of how they obtained their goal, but she guessed that the ends justified the means.

A crossbow seemed more practical, since she couldn't recall having any memory of ever performing melee combat. Armor was just as distantly unfamiliar.

quote:

Snagging a crossbow + 20 bolts, two daggers, keeping my arcane focus, and the explorer's pack

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

ritorix posted:

With the quartermaster knocked out, you can loot the shop. This is your chance to finally gear up. Here's what they have:

-About a dozen shields.
-Several suits of armor. There is studded leather, scale male, and both chain shirts and full suits of chainmail. One of them definitely fits Glory, and is tagged as being for dragonborn.
-An abundance of military weapons. There are blades of every size from dagger to short sword, rapier, longsword and greatsword. Axes and hammers are rarer but also present. A few halberds round out the melee selection.
-Ranged weapons include all variety of crossbows and bows, though a shortage of ammunition. There's enough to grab 20 of a variety.

Much of this is included in the order meant for Miradis. There are also the following up for grabs:
-5 explorer's packs
-1 of each other pack type (burglar/diplomat/etc)
-2 healing potions

ritorix posted:

"How much can I carry?"

We aren't tracking encumbrance because that's lame. Don't get too greedy. You can probably comfortably haul a single suit of armor (worn, of course) and about 3 normal-size or heavy weapons along with a single pack that can be filled with random items like potions.

P.d0t posted:

Taking the following:
- shield
- chainmail
- dungeoneer's pack
- healing potion
- battleaxe
- javelin
- maul

Lemme know if I broke the rules at all.

Vilnius

"Alright, now we just gotta find a way outta this backwater town that doesn't immediately get us killed."

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 19, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"Just leave him, by the time he wakes up we will be long gone. His fate is up to this place's defenders."

With the temple properly looted, it's time to go. Heading back outside, you can quickly tell the battle has intensified. There is a desperate quality to the mercs and guards battling the warped forces of nature on the wall - they are clearly in the fight of their lives. Numerous blights, the smaller tree-forms, have leapt from the battlements and are running about the village, destroying and fighting those inside.

Overhead, there is a sudden roar. This isn't the sound of a treant - it's a giant beast. Soaring far overhead is a massive dragon, terrible and majestic. It has scales of blue-grey color, with silver highlights reflecting the scarce daylight. It dives out of the clouds towards the griffin rider, colliding with the pair in a horrible crush of blood and teeth. Even at this distance you can feel a tingle of something at the back of your neck, a primitive fear response creeping in. Your inner voice tells you "RUN!!!" without reason or a place to go - it only wants to be away from the dragon and certain death.

"Crap. Alright you all, decision time. I think I know what you'll say but hear me out. The Altarans will pay you well and forgive any debts if you manage to help defend this place. They are one of the only games in town, so it matters, if you manage to survive. Or we can do the obvious thing and get out of town. Somehow. What'll it be?"

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory gives a quick nod to Thasala's suggestion at just abandoning the man to his fate "That works for me, I have no particular leaning either way as to what happens to him."

Suddenly a dragon is on the field and any shred of decency toward the people of this village has vanished "This village is doomed in either case, even if we were to fend off this attack, we've seen that Visiria is willing to summon dragons to destroy this slum and will likely bring more of the same or worse in the future, it is going to fall sooner rather than later."

Glory glances back toward Sylmae "It's rude to treat her as such, but Sylmae is probably our greatest bargaining chip aside from what information about Magar and the bulk of Visiria we can recall, we cannot risk losing her in a futile fight here."

quote:

Let's get the fuuuuuck out. :choco:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

Steadying myself best I was able, I couldn't keep all of the awe from my voice as I spoke.

'A dragon, here? Magnificent... but also fearsome, and not particularly a foe I am interested in trading blows with. I concur with Glory; Perhaps if I recalled more of my spells, I would consider aiding in the defense. But I do not, and so I will not. It is unfortunate to leave so many to die, yet we will only add to the body count if we remain. Let us seek a way out."

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 22, 2016

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Vilnius

"Ship's sinking, eh...?"

Vilnius trails off.

P.d0t posted:

So we have 2 votes against. Honestly, trying to deal with people around here has been like pulling teeth, so it might be worthwhile to do something to alleviate that a bit. If the DM puts something in front of us where we can be of some practical help to this situation, I'm all for staying. If options are just "fight a dragon" then :lol:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"The animals will just eat us now that we aren't sick anymore. I want to take more things though. Like money, not just weapons and crap."
/17HP 13/16AC 3/3 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"Alright, fine! I guess we have a few options. We can..."

AEEEHHHHH!

A terrible scream interrupts your conversation. Bursting into the temple is a hooded man, one you saw earlier commanding a pack of demons. He clutches his gut and blood trails on the floor behind him.

"You there, help me!" he says, weakly. "If I fall, my summons will unravel, the fiends will be set loose."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

"Healing is not my specialty, and we do have a limited supply of potions. However, keeping the fiends in check would seem to be in our best interests, regardless of what decision we intend to make after."

If he was a potent enough spellcaster to control not just a single, but a pack of demons, it was probable that there were items of value on his person. Arcane value, even. But not being torn to pieces by fiends was valuable even more so. With a shrug and a "I leave it to the rest of you," I kept watch on the entrance into the temple for signs of any more visitors, wanted or otherwise.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory snaps a glare off at the interruption "Can you not see that we are busy planning?" Reaching into his pack Glory draws the potion he had pilfered from the unconscious shopkeeper's stores and thrusts it toward the mage "Drink that and get back to managing your hell beasts, we have no time for your nagging."

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Healing potion for warlock: 2d4+2 9.

"Show some respect!" he barks at Glory, after drinking the potion. "I am a magister of Altaris, and if you want to survive the night, you should see that I do as well."

Drawing forth an old-looking arcane tome from his robes, he says, "Why do you think I came to this wretched temple? A defiled holy place makes a fine lure to fiends. I'll summon up something to deal with that dragon, just watch my back. One of you, help me to stay steady, and hold this book! The rest of you, guard this temple!!"

Suddenly a summoned dretch comes flying past Renault. It's flesh is torn to shreds and it is dead before it hits the ground. After a moment it shimmers and vanishes, back to wherever it came from.

"Deal with that, I'll guard the magister. Never let it be said that Sorga didn't aid its ally..."

Jacques sees what is coming first: a veritable swarm of living plants rushing towards the temple doors, more blights like what you saw on the wall. These are more organized than the usual chaotic rush.

Behind the mass and keeping her distance is a beautiful woman - though she is clearly also a plant life-form: a dryad. She is flanked by a blight of a different sort, larger and covered in conifer-like needles.

Roll initiative. :rolldice:

Blights init: 1d20+1 19.
dryad init: 1d20+1 13.

If you beat a 19, take your turn.

Init
----
Jacques
Glory (18/18HP)
Sip
Sylmae
Vilnius

19:(4x) Twig Blights
19:Needle Blight
13:Dryad
Warlock (9/?? HP, concentrating on summoning ritual)
Thasala (Aiding Warlock in ritual, basically concentrating)

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

A magister of Altaris, he said? That meant a powerful ally, in more ways than one, though his attitude certainly took a turn for the arrogant after he had gotten what he needed. As should be expected, I supposed. Still, he deserved some measure of respect, likability aside-

"Oh hells."

Before I could react, a sudden horde of creatures swarmed into the temple. The creatures that had injured the magister, perhaps. And the ones that were soon to injure me at this rate.

"Assistance would be much appreciated right about now! And let my barrier hold..."

Initiative in the Temple: 1d20+2 16

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 23, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

There's a half moment where Glory considers simply running his new greatsword through the uppity magister, but the arrival of the enemy delays that thought. Perhaps after the battle concluded. He shakes the thoughts from his head and holds his new greatsword at the ready.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"Ugh, blightbabies." I go blow them up, then turn into a big hyena like I was trying to earlier.

Cast Thunderwave, Wild Shape into Giant Hyena.

/17HP 13/16AC 2/3 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Thunderwave damage: 2d8 9. They die even on a save, so I won't bother with that roll.
Sylmae, Vilnius inits: 1d20+2 11 1d20-1 11. Aww they have the same init.
Needles vs sip: 1d20+3 8 2d6+1 3

The first wave of blights are obliterated by a peal of thunder. Only a hyena remains standing where Sip had charged in. Just then, the pine-needle blight releases a volley of needles, but they are blown back by the spell's shockwave and clatter against the ground.

Init
----
25:Sip (giant hyena stats AC12, 45HP)
18:Glory (18/18HP) :rolldice:
16:Jacques :rolldice:
11:Sylmae
11:Vilnius
0:Warlock (9/?? HP, concentrating on summoning ritual)
0:Thasala (Aiding Warlock in ritual, basically concentrating)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

With the majority of the chaff cleared Glory charges forward toward the plant woman, twiggy corpse bits flicking off this way and that. The mighty blow he has in store for the dryad fails to connect however as the unfamiliar weight of a metal weapon in his hands sends the hulking blade of the great sword careening off target, missing the creature's head by well over a foot.

quote:

Nat 1 Deals a whole 13 slashing damage to the open air. :negative: we should have just killed the warlock and left!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

Recoiling from the force of Sip's spell, my own spectral claws veers too high over the dryad's head. Wishing to stay clear of my companions way, I search for an opportunity to join my niece in the backlines.

Chill Touch v. Dryad: 1d20+5 8 1d8 3

quote:

Not great on my end either. If it doesn't draw an OA, then I'll move back.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"Come back to us, young one. You belong in Visiria."

The full weight of the dryad's fey charm falls upon Sip. Make a DC14 Wisdom save, or you'll trust and protect the dryad.

Sylmae, Vilnius and Sip are up next, wrapping into round two and skipping the warlock and Thasala for now.

Init
----
25:Sip (giant hyena stats AC12, 45HP) :rolldice:
18:Glory (18/18HP)
16:Jacques
11:Sylmae :rolldice:
11:Vilnius :rolldice:
0:Warlock (9/?? HP, concentrating on summoning ritual)

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

It's true, but I don't think that's what I should do.

wis save: 1d20+5 12
insight: 1d20+5 11

/17HP 13/16AC 2/3 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"Dear, please stop that terrible warlock from his ritual. He's trying to summon a demon!"

Sip is charmed by the dryad! The dryad is now your trusted friend, certainly more trustworthy than these weird monster-people you fell in with. Your friend has asked you to stop the warlock from his evil ritual. He's right over there, held up by Thasala, who is also holding out a ritual book open to a page full of evil symbols.

This isn't domination in the sense that I don't literally control your actions. But you should still act in the best/most effective manner you can, given the new situation.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Vilnius

Seeing what's transpiring between Sip and the Dryad, Vilnius' can feel his blood begin to boil.
Letting out a primal yell, he bursts forth from the temple and embeds the new-found axe into his foe's shoulder.

Battleaxe [1-handed]: 1d20+4 = 17, 1d8+2 = 8 damage
:getin:

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Knowing that she is unable to contribute the same brute force as Vilnius, Sylmae falls to the back of the group.

The creatures being what they are, she decides the best weapon for the moment is fire.

Firebolt vs Dryad: 1d20+5 23 1d10 9

She hurls a mote of fire at the Dryad, hitting it dead-on. Knowing it's futile, she still shouts "Don't listen to it, Sip!"

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I turn back into a woman, "You are all monsterpeople. Kill everyone you meet, then bend over for a devil caller! This is dumb!" Then I blow up everyone in the house to stop the ritual.
Thunderwave Damage: 2d8 8
/17HP 13/16AC 1/3 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Boom!

Loose items and people go flying as Sip drops out of hyena form and blasts the ritual. Thasala sees trouble coming and leaps out of the way, abandoning the magister to his fate. He is blown against a wall by the force of the thunderwave, loosing his grip on his ritual book and nearly knocked unconscious.

Thasala, Warlock dex saves: 1d20+7 21 1d20+2 7. Thasala avoids all damage thanks to evasion. The magister takes it all and is knocked to 1hp.

:rolldice: Sylmae and Jacques need to save vs the thunderwave. DC is whatever ask Sip I dunno.

But he had already started the ritual to open a portal to some foul plane of existence. Forces on the other side of reality aren't letting an open gateway go so easily. The disruption to his concentration sets the portal loose, uncontrolled, and you can hear howls of evil creatures on the other side. They are coming through soon...

(Perception >10) Some of you notice the series of thunderwaves have blasted open a bit of the floor of this old temple. Below looks to be a basement, though you didn't notice one in your exploration earlier. Where it leads is anyone's guess.

Outside, the needle blight defends its master, attacking Vilnius with sharp talons in retribution for axing the dryad. Vilnius blocks the blow with his shield - thanks to the quartermaster.

Needle Blight claws vs Vilnius: 1d20+3 17 2d4+1 8, missed by 1.

Init
----
25:Sip (giant hyena stats AC12, 45HP)
18:Glory (18/18HP) :rolldice:
16:Jacques :rolldice:
13:Dryad (5hp)
11:Sylmae :rolldice:
11:Vilnius :rolldice:
0:Warlock (1/?? HP, concentrating on summoning ritual)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
New post for this edit: DC13 con save for thunderwave, not dex. Doesn't really affect the narrative besides Thasala taking a few points, so not changing stuff above.

• Locked thread