Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

Superior Aunt May

Aunt May: Herald of Galactus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Original art style aunt may is horror comics at its peak already.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel strangely dissatisfied that this game only seems to reference other heroes who have MCU representation because it means I probably won't get any gratuitous Wolverine cameos or get to hang out with Spider-mans amazing friends.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I desperately want Human Torch in one of the sequels so I can have Torch and Spidey banter back and forth and just drive the baddies up the wall.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kris xK posted:

I desperately want Human Torch in one of the sequels so I can have Torch and Spidey banter back and forth and just drive the baddies up the wall.

Hell to the gently caress yes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

God, when the going is good in this game it's really good. The base fights are there to take full advantage of everything at your disposal and it feels amazing to use the majority of your moves in a fight that sprawls across the whole base, using the environment as you go. Even better obviously if you take few to no hits.

Kinda wish they weren't in waves, though. Would be incredible to take on all those guys at once.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Jackie D posted:

Does anyone know any way to speed up rate of crime missions? Trying to wrap up the plat but I have a hell of a lot of red to clean up

It will barely speed them up, but sometimes random pedestrians when they have their triangle prompt for selfies and stuff will point out crimes, especially once you've done literally everything else. They can also point out other things on the map like the challenges if you haven't done them yet, and pedestrians getting those prompts are sort of rare to begin with.

I suggest tracking down the Secret Photos at the same time if you haven't, since there is something for getting all of them. Nothing that impacts getting Platinum though.

Kris xK posted:

This is a good reason to make the Statue of Liberty somewhere you can actually go in the sequels. Also, the only sports team they show in this game is the Torches. It's a sign.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

It's really cool how this game is made by people who love Spider-Man, comics in general, video games, and also indie relationship dramas. That awkward text conversation between Peter Parker and MJ was utterly fantastic spectacular.

yeah the writing exceeded my expectations, as did the voicework. It can't be said enough but Insomniac poured everything into this and it's blatantly obvious from the GameInformer vids with the developer, directors, and suit designer that these people were hugely into this project, which makes sense considering they were given a choice to do whatever Marvel property they wanted and they sprung for this.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://twitter.com/JJJatHome

https://twitter.com/MJWatsonJackpot

:allears:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

spider-bro is cheat codes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Been done.

She's the Golden Oldie.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Galactus is definitely checking her out

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Fuzz posted:

New York info

Wow, thanks for that!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I'd totally pay real money for a Superior Aunt May where it cuts through different difficult periods in Peter's life and Doc Ock strives to give Superior Pep Talks and Words of Wisdom.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SirSamVimes posted:

It's really cool how this game is made by people who love Spider-Man, comics in general, video games, and also indie relationship dramas. That awkward text conversation between Peter Parker and MJ was utterly fantastic spectacular.

I gotta admit, I was screaming and rocking back and forth during that little conversation

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Can you still do the Sable and Prisoner bases after finishing the main story?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Can you still do the Sable and Prisoner bases after finishing the main story?

Yeah you can still do everything.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So Spider-Man is swinging around and jumping and poo poo with 14 bones huh, that can't be comfortable

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How fast can Spidey heal? I always thought he could heal a break in a couple of days.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Calaveron posted:

So Spider-Man is swinging around and jumping and poo poo with 14 bones huh, that can't be comfortable

"Honey I swear to god it sounds like a wooden xylophone is flying around outside."

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

How fast can Spidey heal? I always thought he could heal a break in a couple of days.

It's a typical case where he heals as quickly as the story needs him to. Though, not like Wolverine or anything. Sometimes he can shake off pretty severe damage after a few hours.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dramicus posted:

It's a typical case where he heals as quickly as the story needs him to. Though, not like Wolverine or anything. Sometimes he can shake off pretty severe damage after a few hours.

Yeah that's what I mean, you can't chop him and have him knit back together or spit out bullets, but a short bout of bedrest will get him going again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
First time he got the flu he completely lost his powers but was walking around like normal and he fully healed up after a day or so

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

What the heck

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I've beat the game and am just swinging around as Spidey Ghost mopping up crimes and rando hidden photos, and you know what? Still haven't gotten tired of it. I haven't dumped this kind of serious time into a game since Assassins Creed Origins, and I am very much looking forward to supporting Insomniac in whatever they release for Spider-Man going forward.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lol dang people call into JJJ if they notice you ignore a crime, they even know the crime you ignored. I was chasing pigeons, dude.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

magiccarpet posted:

spider-bro is cheat codes

Same for Suspension Matrix + Web Bomb + Concussive Blast, holy poo poo.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Accidently hitting concussive blast instead of impact webbing or something on the gadget wheel has resulted in many a crime where I stand around looking for stragglers while some poor jerk has to hustling back to the fight after getting blown a block away.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Plat get. I'd put this one alongside Horizon Zero Dawn in that getting it was effortless because everything they want you to do is fun and something you'd want to do anyway - besides the lab puzzles I guess.

While I'm probably done with the game for now I'm definitely gonna go in for the season pass because I can't wait for more. Hope they find a way to make the new content fun and challenging for maxed out saves.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Huge misstep that unlocking a costume doesn't also unlock a little profile explaining the suit's origin, purpose and original issue appearance

Same but with landmarks. Small missteps but still annoying.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Huge misstep that unlocking a costume doesn't also unlock a little profile explaining the suit's origin, purpose and original issue appearance

I was really surprised by this. I figured there'd at least be a JJJ soundbite for every one, but no, only Spider-Punk.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Proof that it’s the best one :colbert:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dramicus posted:

Having an 8-year life-or-death struggle against Stilt-man.

A couple of pages ago, but a boss fight against Stilt-Man would be a LOT of fun if they went the Shadow of the Colossus route. Spider-Man spends most of the fight climbing buildings and avoid debris until he reaches the top and knocks out poor Wilbur with one punch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll only accept Stilt-Man if later you have to fight the person to take up his mantle, Lady Stilt-Man.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought Superior Spider Man was a really dumb arc and hope they don't adapt it at all.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Man, huge tip for the game is to not neglect the basic web shooter after you've upgraded it decently. Can't believe I left it alone for so long.

If you hit someone a few times while they're sprawled on the ground, it takes them out of the fight because it webs them to the ground. Huge time saver.

Also I've been using a lot of Concussion Blast since I've been blowing way too many sniper squads off of rooftops.

e: The game says that enemy trash groups you take out will be gone for good but apparently this doesn't apply to the bridge checkpoints >:(

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 18, 2018

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bewilderment posted:

Man, huge tip for the game is to not neglect the basic web shooter after you've upgraded it decently. Can't believe I left it alone for so long.

If you hit someone a few times while they're sprawled on the ground, it takes them out of the fight because it webs them to the ground. Huge time saver.

Also I've been using a lot of Concussion Blast since I've been blowing way too many sniper squads off of rooftops.

web bomb + concussion blast is a handy combo for the late game

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bewilderment posted:

A quick way to take out a normal enemy with the basic webs is to air launch them, fire off a few web shots, then yank them back to the ground. They're stuck to the ground and out of the fight. Becomes even easier once you get the skill that staggers surrounding enemies when you air launch someone.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

A quick way to take out a normal enemy with the basic webs is to air launch them, fire off a few web shots, then yank them back to the ground. They're stuck to the ground and out of the fight. Becomes even easier once you get the skill that staggers surrounding enemies when you air launch someone.

Also if you’re having trouble with brutes, once you get the web throw you can toss them to a wal after webbing. Alternatively though, you can web them then do the square hold triangle to knock them to a wall/back a little. If brutes are on the ground they can be webbed to it, but it takes a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I need a Spider-Signal gadget like in the early comics. Alert an entire compound to your presence but adds extra Focus or something.