Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Nah, it's the number hexes you move, not the movement spent.

Then the movement should have been 3 backward to G4 and then 3 forward to the original starting hex. Running start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Some Numbers posted:

:munch: Couldn't Bullwinkle get a bit more damage from doing a full circle? G6, G5, F5, F6, back to start is 6 movement and should be five hexes total for Balanced Measure.

I was only executing orders :v:

E: all according to plans! :smuggo:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 15, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
The hex the Brute is currently standing on is a water hex (difficult terrain, takes 2 Move to enter). I don't think it's possible to draw his movement path in a way that lets him move more then 4 hexes and still attack.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Phelddagrif posted:

The hex the Brute is currently standing on is a water hex (difficult terrain, takes 2 Move to enter). I don't think it's possible to draw his movement path in a way that lets him move more then 4 hexes and still attack.

Oh, I missed that. Fair enough.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Phelddagrif posted:

Oh yeah whoops. That's correct. The water is hard to see.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

I'm pretty sure Master Splinter already used her Cloak of Invis in the first room :(

For Bullwinkle, I vote we go Eye for an Eye and Leaping Cleave. The intent is to go before Splinter and finish off the viper in front of us, freeing up the strengthened Splinter to finish off the higher health viper and generating wind for next turn. Whether or not we jump in to the room depends on the cards drawn by the enemies.

I like this. Ideally our Brute ends up in the hex where Viper 2 is, setting him up for a nice long move-attack with Hook and Chain next round.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Would empowering talisman let me use my cloak of invis again? Because if so you can just pretend I used empowering talisman :-P

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok I"m going "slow" this round to try to let Bullwinkle go first!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

SalTheBard posted:

Would empowering talisman let me use my cloak of invis again? Because if so you can just pretend I used empowering talisman :-P

Unfortunately the talisman only works with "small" items (bag symbol), like the Potion of Stamina and similar, otherwise that would have worked :)

Abandoned Sewers, Round 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Oozapalooza has begun. Also the Vermlings have decided to get in there too!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand7, Discarded2, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Leaping Cleave.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 27 with Fearsome Blade and Empathetic Assault.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"

"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded2, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 77 with Backup Ammunition and Explosive Punch.

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"
Please remember to vote on an course of action for Bullwinkle itt! Everyone can vote! I'll try to give shape to the shapeless goonmind will the best I can :v:

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Haha, the vermling scouts are gonna jam up d3, d4, and d5 preventing two of the oozes from duplicating.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:munch: Yep, we're only going to end up with one extra Ooze and they'll all be at 3 HP.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If Bullwinkle jumps to G2, they'll be able to attack an ooze next round and still move after if they need to.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Are we thinking jump to G2 and basic attack the Viper 3?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Basic Attack 2 viper 2 first, then jump. Then splinter steps up and murders viper 3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ah, fair enough. I wasn't paying attention to the HP values.

That sounds like a totally acceptable course of action.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

Basic Attack 2 viper 2 first, then jump. Then splinter steps up and murders viper 3.

That was my plan!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Haha, the vermling scouts are gonna jam up d3, d4, and d5 preventing two of the oozes from duplicating.

Thankfully this is correct! Because F3 is difficult terrain, it takes 2 Move to land on, even while jumping. Therefore, if the Brute is at G2, one of the Vermlings will move to D5, as that is 3 Move away from an attack hex at G3.

(If the Brute didn't move up then this wouldn't be true, since the shortest path to the northern room is over F3. The last Vermling wouldn't move to D5 as that isn't any closer than the C hexes).

tldr: Bullwinkle should absolutely move to G2.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Abandoned Sewers, Round 8B

- None!

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Giant Viper 2(E) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Giant Viper 2(E) is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps3 to G2.
AIR is now strong.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves1 to door hex. HEAL2 Self, loses POISON token, no HP healed.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Giant Viper 3(E) with ADVANTAGE for 5 (2base, +1/+1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Giant Viper 3(E) is killed!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 2 coin token(s). Loses INVISIBILITY and STRENGTHEN.

35. Vermling Scouts posted:

- Vermling Scout 1(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Jumps3 to D4.
- Vermling Scout 8 focuses Bullwinkle! Jumps2 to D5.
- Vermling Scout 9 focuses Bullwinkle! Jumps3 to D3.

As previously discussed itt, you need 2 movement points to "land" on a difficult terrain hex when you jump, since you count the last hex you move into when jumping as if you were moving normally...this means a massive boon to the players, since the Vermlings are temporarily stuck and the oozes won't be able to split (since they need an EMPTY hex to summon a new ooze, not just an UNOCCUPIED one - water hexes are the latter, but not the former).

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves5 to G3
- Rocky uses Backup Ammunition (top)! Persistent Bonus active: On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET.Gain XP1 each trigger, then LOSS.
- Rocky uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Dirt Tornado and Massive Boulder.

94. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Suffers 2 damage. No hex to summon, does nothing!
Ooze 2 is at 3HP.
- Ooze 3 focuses Rocky! Suffers 2 damage. No hex to summon, does nothing!
Ooze 3 is at 3HP.
- Ooze 5 focuses Rocky! Suffers 2 damage. No hex to summon, does nothing!
Ooze 5 is at 3HP.
- Ooze 9 focuses Rocky! Suffers 2 damage. No hex to summon, does nothing!
Ooze 9 is at 3HP.
- Ooze 10 focuses Rocky! Suffers 2 damage. No hex to summon, does nothing!
Ooze 10 is at 3HP.

stopoozingyourself.jpeg

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Frigid Apparition.
- AIR is now waning.
- EARTH is now inert.

For Step A, please vote a pair of cards itt - everyone can vote, please remember to bold your choices! The pairing with most votes wins; in case of a stalemate, the active players decide between the tied options. You can already discuss a plan/justification for Bullwinkle when you propose your cards, since his actions are going to be played in plain sight for a couple of rounds at least :)

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Does Rocky plan on moving this turn? I feel like Bullwinkle wants to Skewer this turn, either hitting an ooze and the elite scout or two oozes, depending on where he can position himself. I feel like Sweeping Blow is probably the best bottom to go with it so he can move 2 hexes and land in a water hex if he needs to.

Reik fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 17, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why not Dirt Tornado to muddle everything?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I assumed Rocky was going to drop a big AoE attack, I just wasn't sure if they were going to pair it with a bottom move or their extra damage bottom.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

This does seem like a perfect time for a Skewer, but we do need to know what Rocky is doing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Rocky is intending to move, but Rocky is also slow as balls, so it’ll have to be a slow-initiative skewer if you’re planning to attack the bottom column of oozes. I think it might make sense to go for a left ooze and a scout, though, in which case Rocky will move somewhere that’s not in the way.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Oh, Earth is inert. Probably a good idea to just go faster on Bullwinkle and try and knock out an ooze and the elite scout before they get to act, then. Hopefully the oozes split again and make it easy on us.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yep, stepping to F3 and attacking Ooze 2 and Elite Scout sounds good. Hopefully we roll high and take out both.

Skewer for Init and literally any card for Move 2. Ooze should just get deleted, but we'll need a +1 or better to kill the Scout.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 17, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm legit kind of at a loss as to what to do this round :-/

EDIT: I'm going really slow and letting God sort it out

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 18, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Abandoned Sewers, Round 9A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Behold! The rare masochist ooze!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand5, Discarded4, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Warding Strength.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"WARDING STRENGTH (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH2
BOT: Permanent bonus On the next six sources of damage from attacks targeting you, gain Shield1 - Gain XP on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 53 with Forceful Storm and Massive Boulder.

53. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"FORCEFUL STORM (53) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, AOE (check image) - DISARM - Gain XP1 for each enemy 
targeted - Generate AIR - LOSS 
BOT: Round bonus Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round. "

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 79 with Feedback Loop and Perverse Edge.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
Don't forget to vote for Bullwinkle's actions!

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 18, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gonna be a whole lot of ded oozes in a moment.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Welp, you guys just leave every single ooze to me. One might live if I draw the null, but otherwise, splat.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Kinda hope Bullwinkle flips a null on Ooze 2 now so the scouts don't vacuum up the coin :(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ooze 2 is a summon, so it won't drop a coin.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Nice.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Looks like the game got switched to easy mode while I'm away.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Narsham posted:

Looks like the game got switched to easy mode while I'm away.

Ooze uses self destruct.
It's super effective!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bullwinkle should step in to f3 and skewer ooze 2 and the elite scout.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Reik posted:

Bullwinkle should step in to f3 and skewer ooze 2 and the elite scout.

:emptyquote:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That is a good idea but it's going to kind of hose me over (especially since i hosed up my card picks this round)

EDIT: I really hate this room because I feel like I can't really do anything useful right now :(

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 19, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^ That's the other reason people hate Oozes! They normally inhabit lovely places with a lot of difficult terrain.

Abandoned Sewers, Round 9B

- None!

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Warding Strength (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to F3.
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR. Attacks Ooze 2(S) for 6 (4base, +2'mod ,SHIELD1, PIERCE1) damage! Attacks Vermling Scout 1(E) for 5 (4base, +1mod, PIERCE1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 2(S) is killed!
Vermling Scout 1(E) is killed!

:fuckoff:
I've put a Summon counter on Ooze 3 (and 2, RIP) to remember which ones are summoned, since they don't leave a coin when they die!

35. Vermling Scouts posted:

- Vermling Scout 8 focuses Bullwinkle! Jumps2 to F4.
- Vermling Scout 9 focuses Bullwinkle! Jumps1 to E3. LOOT1 and destroys coin token in D4!

53. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Ooze 5 for 2 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Ooze 3(S) and Ooze 9 suffer 1 splash damage!
Ooze 5 is at 1 HP.
Ooze 3(S) is at 2 HP.
Ooze 9 is at 2 HP.
Backup Ammunition's 1st trigger! Attacks Vermling Scout 9 for 0 (3base, NULL mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP. Ooze 10, Vermling Scout 8 and Bullwinkle suffer 1 splash damage!
Ooze 10 is at 2 HP.
Vermling Scout 8 is at 2 HP.
Bullwinkle is at 13 HP.
- Rocky uses Forceful Storm (bot)! Moves1 to G2.
EARTH is now strong.

This attack splashes 1 damage on Bullwinkle, but guarantees that Ooze 10 will die this turn even if a NULL is drawn...which coincidentally just happened!

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps3 to G3.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Vermling Scout 8 for 8 (2base, x2BLESSmod +2bonus) damage!
Vermling Scout 8 is very dead!

:ese:

94. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 3(S) suffers 2 damage and dies!
- Ooze 5 suffers 2 damage and dies!
- Ooze 9 suffers 2 damage and dies!
- Ooze 10 suffers 2 damage and dies!

A smile appears on the face of thousands of GH players around the world. They don't know why, but they feel somehow vindicated.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Rocky's deck is shuffled!
- EARTH is now waning.

Thread, don't forget to vote for Bullwinkle cards!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I will kill my fellow Vermling quickly and move towards the door. I will probably end my turn in C4

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
:golfclap: That was a great turn