Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vakal posted:

I hope the modding scene for this game really takes off. I want to be able to play through the main campaign using Mr.X one day.

X lifts up the wreckage and glares forward, only to get his head punched off by X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
If two Mr. X's try to grab at each other do they just do the Predator handshake?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/bennpowell/status/1092460145223831553?s=19

Check the thread

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Why did the Russians seem victory? Who did they defeat, a private umbrella army?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

If two Mr. X's try to grab at each other do they just do the Predator handshake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Hv4GvvHkQ&t=43s

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

DLC Inc posted:

The G-Virus just seems like a total Frankensteinesque fuckup, though. A virus that keeps mutating most poo poo over and over until it caves under its own weight and appendages doesn't seem too practical unless deployed in extreme cases

It could be that it just mutates in response to damage, like sort of an adaptive rapid-evolution mechanism. Especially with G4 and G5, it's after you've dumped a ton of ammo into him and potentially ruined a lot of his structural integrity, for lack of a better word, so perhaps the increasingly crazy mutations are just the virus's effort to put him back together and prevent the same method from doing any more damage. G5 effectively decentralizes him; until the giant eye comes out it's like trying to fight the room you're standing in using small arms fire.

quote:

Gotta love how Annette tries to make it seem like she's not that bad, even though the biotech lab computer's test case files are essentially peak mad scientist poo poo.

I appreciate that even Leon, despite being a credulous idiot wherever Ada's involved, recognizes this enough to call her on it right before the G3 fight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I do like how this version of RE2 reinforces what RE4 was full of, that Ada genuinely has a thing for Leon and wouldn't even shoot him for the virus. RE4 has a handful of moments in her side story wherein she basically put herself at ridiculous risks to help him out.

I only completed the A Scenario but are there any further cutscenes/things we see further that explain how Ada survived her fall? I assume she used that grappling hook thing she has most of the time.. I think I read somewhere she was working with Wesker but idk how he fits in to this revamped continuity. He's been dead forever but I would love to see/hear DC Douglas again even if it's only as a cameo.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I kind of thought the BOWs would be better used for intimidation than any actual warfare usage. Sure, your soldiers would be scared of the guys with guns, but they know how people think and could get a fair handle on their plans.

But when it's a lizard man monster, or something crawling around, inside out, only attracted to the noise you're making? That's a whole new goddamn ballgame, one that is going to spook them into making mistakes they never would otherwise.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Pro to adding the shoulder stock to the shotgun: Increased accuracy, firepower, and fire rate

Con to adding the shoulder stock to the shotgun: You no longer get to use the same remington 870 configuration that Sarah Connor did at the end of Terminator 2.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm playing this totally blind, having never played the original game, and this X character just showed up. His entrance is timed really well too, since I was feeling like a real badass after taking out the eyeball mutant and the dogs. I still feel like I can handle pretty much anything the police station throws at me, just now I need to finish any fight I get in quickly and move on. Every fight is quick when you've got a shotgun, though :cool:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Why did the Russians seem victory? Who did they defeat, a private umbrella army?

I just looked at Wikipedia

quote:

Leon S. Kennedy sneaks into the Eastern Slav Republic (a fictional post-Soviet country formed following the dissolution of the Soviet Union) to verify rumors that Bio-Organic Weapons (BOWs) are being used in the country's civil war, which the U.S. and Russia are preparing to intervene in.
Elsewhere, Leon meets JD, only for Plaga hosts to attack them; Leon suspects the rebels had Plaga, which has escaped and infected them.
Buddy arrives, sending Lickers to attack the troops. Svetlana activates her own BOWs before escaping - two Tyrants- to wipe out all opposition, including the Lickers. Leon and Buddy team up and barely make it out of the palace basement, smashing the Tyrants with the elevator.
Just as Svetlana prepares for her press conference, she is informed by her aide that they are under attack by both U.S. and Russian forces. Their bombardment and subsequent occupation eventually force her to resign.

So it's some kind of civil war and both sides have B.O.Ws.

And Buddy, who is Leon's ailing... buddy in that scene gets a happy ending when Leon severs his spinal cord.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Serf posted:

somebody repost the videos of that insane resident evil cgi movie with the 30-foot tall tyrants that are casually killed by a single missile from a passing plane

In fairness, that was after Leon spent ten minutes trying to kill one with a rocket launcher and a tank. The fact that the next one had to be taken out with close air support is a value add.

Damnation is actually a pretty good example of how and why you'd use BOWs in a war setting. A single Tyrant is an independently-operational armored unit that doesn't require a supply train once it's deployed, and the Lickers were scary as hell.

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah hunters are pretty legit, presumably cheaper than a tyrant/nemesis and could probably cut up a squad of soldiers in a building or jungle (since generic soldiers don't have game protagonist powers of a jacket stopping big claws from disemboweling you and healing herbs) and you could just install like, spine bombs in them or something to get rid once the job is done.

Hunters were mostly responsible for depopulating a small city in the backstory for the first Revelations. They're even supposed to have implanted control units, which seem like they work okay in CV. They were just pointed right at Chris.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Re: Ada stuff: its probably waiting around as DLC bait - they have the model and some voice clips for aiming at enemies on-hane or could get the VA back. Unless Capcom retcon Umbrella Chronicles (possible for sure) Ada doesn't get her grappling gun until she gets to... I wanna say the Apple Inn? And confirms to Wesker that she has a G Sample. Personally I would've thought it would be a bigger part of her gameplay section if she already had it

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 4, 2019

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
To be cynical, there’s also something to be said for weapons that seek and destroy all biological target but do comparatively minimal damage to infrastructure and valuable assets than conventional weaponry could achieve.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

To be cynical, there’s also something to be said for weapons that seek and destroy all biological target but do comparatively minimal damage to infrastructure and valuable assets than conventional weaponry could achieve.

Reminds me of that plot from Jurassic World where the bad guy wanted to weaponize and deploy velociraptors in lieu of drones. With basically two seconds of extra thought you can see how nonsensical that would be.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DeadButDelicious posted:

Re: Ada stuff: its probably waiting around as DLC bait - they have the model and some voice clips for aiming at enemies on-hane or could get the VA back. Unless Capcom retcon Umbrella Chronicles (possible for sure) Ada doesn't get her grappling gun until she gets to... I wanna say the Apple Inn? And confirms to Wesker that she has a G Sample. Personally I would've thought it would be a bigger part of her gameplay section if she already had it

There are a lot of options for Ada. They've already retconned "Death's Door" by using the fall into the pit rather than the Mr. X powerslam for her "death" scene. They might as well have her find a grappling hook somewhere while she's waiting for Leon to come back.

Imagine playing any scenario in RE2 when a character has a bum leg. Yikes.

Serf
May 5, 2011

if your bioweapon can be taken down by a cop on his first day or a college student, you might want to go back to the drawing board

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

uh. i wonder if its bugged in some old beta concept or something, the way he is standing seems to suggest you'd meet him at the desk/waiting and maybe you'd go with him instead and then he'd his legs eaten?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

DLC Inc posted:

I do like how this version of RE2 reinforces what RE4 was full of, that Ada genuinely has a thing for Leon and wouldn't even shoot him for the virus. RE4 has a handful of moments in her side story wherein she basically put herself at ridiculous risks to help him out.

I only completed the A Scenario but are there any further cutscenes/things we see further that explain how Ada survived her fall? I assume she used that grappling hook thing she has most of the time.. I think I read somewhere she was working with Wesker but idk how he fits in to this revamped continuity. He's been dead forever but I would love to see/hear DC Douglas again even if it's only as a cameo.

she did not, its annette who throws you the rocket launcher.

#retrocomebacks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There do seem to be a few cut story concepts for Leon. When you finish Ada's segment and wake up as Leon, you pass by the cable car and end up in the booth where Annette was standing in the final Ada cutscene. When you get there Leon asks aloud "Where'd she go?" and that line could be referring to Annette, since he finds Ada 30 seconds later and had already done a 'wuh where's Ada' callout line before that. Obviously he does not know of her yet, so maybe he was originally meant to see her at some point instead and they changed it to give Ada a playable section.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i havent watched max's run yet but i know hes playing on hardcore but i just watched these clips and holy loving poo poo i did not know they make mr.x run walk faster :stare: goddamn i cant wait until i do my hardcore run

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CJacobs posted:

There do seem to be a few cut story concepts for Leon. When you finish Ada's segment and wake up as Leon, you pass by the cable car and end up in the booth where Annette was standing in the final Ada cutscene. When you get there Leon asks aloud "Where'd she go?" and that line could be referring to Annette, since he finds Ada 30 seconds later and had already done a 'wuh where's Ada' callout line before that. Obviously he does not know of her yet, so maybe he was originally meant to see her at some point instead and they changed it to give Ada a playable section.

where'd she go is def for ada. he didnt know he'd find her 30 seconds later.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Serf posted:

if your bioweapon can be taken down by a cop on his first day or a college student, you might want to go back to the drawing board

It’s a college student with a portable Gatling gun to be fair.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kibayasu posted:

It’s a college student with a portable Gatling gun to be fair.
Also who was trained by her brother who punches boulders.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So marginally controversial post time.

I saw this video pop up on my YouTube account and it got me thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0GDhBRFTAE

I hadn't ever heard of this Save Wizard thing before. Has anyone ever tried it?

Because I'm someone who is time poor.
I'm slowly working my way through Leon A but I won't unlock anything.
And I don't have the time to do multiple play throughs conforming to a guide so I can unlock the Infinite Rocket Launcher/Gatling Gun.

But if there was some other way to do it (up to and including buying a third party add on. Since Capcom don't seem to want to do a "buy the Infinite weapon as DLC" yet.) I'd love to do that, for that point in like 8 months time when I have an hour or two free to play through the game one shoting everything.

What are peoples thoughts? Has anyone used or tried save editors for consoles like the PS4?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Stuff like the T-Virus and G-Virus seem akin to chemical weaponry in World War I: it's not entirely debilitating, and you can avoid or neutralize it with the proper equipment and gear, but it can be a massive pain in the rear end that can make the difference between victory and defeat in a close battle. B.O.W.s like Hunters and Lickers would also be useful for area denial—oh, you wanted to take that railyard? Have fun dealing with the horrific bullet sponge monsters we dropped off as we retreated.

They'd still be hideously impractical and would be entirely new categories of war crimes, but they're not the worst military weapons ever devised.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Did anyone here suss out the locker codes and safe combos on their own or did everyone go online for them? I'm on Claire B and honestly don't think I ever even found all the codes and poo poo. And god drat, thinking about how much harder the game would be without some of those goodies is brutal.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i havent watched max's run yet but i know hes playing on hardcore but i just watched these clips and holy loving poo poo i did not know they make mr.x run walk faster :stare: goddamn i cant wait until i do my hardcore run

I know that if you Shoot off his hat, he goes into fast mode immediately.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Also who was trained by her brother who punches boulders.

You guys probably dont even know the most important tidbit of Chris' back story. His hometown.

Boulder, Colorado

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Question IRL posted:

And I don't have the time to do multiple play throughs conforming to a guide so I can unlock the Infinite Rocket Launcher/Gatling Gun.

But if there was some other way to do it (up to and including buying a third party add on. Since Capcom don't seem to want to do a "buy the Infinite weapon as DLC" yet.) I'd love to do that, for that point in like 8 months time when I have an hour or two free to play through the game one shoting everything.

What are peoples thoughts? Has anyone used or tried save editors for consoles like the PS4?

Can't you just download someone's 100% completion save file? I don't think you need to gently caress with shady 3rd party software unless you want to cheat the trophies

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I just want a save in the Orphanage because that's where the last Mr Raccoon is on my file.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I don't even think you can use someone else's save file on the PS4 anyway. Unless there's some editing fuckery I don't know about.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Serf posted:

i also made it down to the labs and forgot to get the magnum from the police station, whoops.

Doubling back from the sewers to get the magnum and the use the diamond key took much longer than i anticipated and was much more dangerous than I expected. Even without Mr. X clomping around, the zombos and lickers are aggressive and perfectly in the way.

I think when I go for my S+ I'm going to skip the inventory upgrade in the armory. Opening the little lock boxes is just one of those things that always takes longer than I like, and it seems to randomize the solution each time I load a save. That would reduce some of the rooms I need to visit and backtracking I'd do.

I also had a harder time with the G's in the sewer on the way to the king and queen plugs than I anticipated. It took far more magnum ammo to clear a road in and out than I like. Do their grabs do anything more than poison? Maybe just a blue herb or two is all you need?

What is the order of operations to get the king/queen plug doors open and have the weapon. It made perfect sense when I did it the first time, but the time pressure made me gently caress it up last night.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The grab does do a minor amount of damage, and if you're on critical health it's an instant kill.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Did anyone here suss out the locker codes and safe combos on their own or did everyone go online for them? I'm on Claire B and honestly don't think I ever even found all the codes and poo poo. And god drat, thinking about how much harder the game would be without some of those goodies is brutal.

I did them organically the first time through, i did restart (still on Leon A) and this time i'm either just remembering, or looking online to save on backtracking as much. Any new ones i'm coming across i'm doing the hard way too. It's fun! Even if unnecessary.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Did them myself, though I didnt find the code for the locker in the sewers.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Serf posted:

I think it was that most of this poo poo was still on the drawing board? Like G was unfinished and Umbrella wanted to hand the research off to another team, Birken wanted to sell to the U.S for more funding. Raccoon going tits up was mostly an accident but hey lets try and make some lemonade by getting field data done on how police and military forces do against the product line, etc etc.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Whatever floats your boat, man. If it's a single player game and you enjoy the cheat code experience, cheat your heart out. To me the whole fun of the cathartic destroy-all-zombies-with-rocket-launchers run is the fact that you had to do all the hard stuff to get it. I'd say at least for the case of RE2 paying for a premium cheat service isn't worth it, since that Save Wizard thing appears to cost 60 dollars. But you seem to have a very specific scenario where you don't have time to complete a 2 hour run of a game, and your next available 2 hour window to play it might be 8 months from now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how easy is it to get all the Mr. Raccoons, anyway? I found maybe 3 on Leon A and missed a fuckton. I presume they're spread out over Leon/Claire A Scenarios? Also are they counted only at game's end or can you reload previous saves to find them without finishing a run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

marshmallow creep posted:

What is the order of operations to get the king/queen plug doors open and have the weapon. It made perfect sense when I did it the first time, but the time pressure made me gently caress it up last night.

From memory, but I'm pretty sure it's:
- Go downstairs, grab Queen
- Put Queen in the box that leads to the stairs that go up (not the stairs where you entered the room)
- Deal with the zombie hanging over the ledge if you want, go upstairs, grab King
- Hop down the broken railing, go put the King in the door leading to the weapon
- Grab weapon, exit, grab King
- Grab Queen then put it back where it was when you first picked it up
- Go through that gate and put the King in the box at the bottom of the entry stairs
- Go through that gate, get Queen, turn around and go back through the open King door, grab King, exit

BiggerBoat posted:

First time through I figured them out myself. Some were easy to find (like the one locker code is written on a whiteboard in huge letters, or the safe that has the combination written on the side of the safe) and others were trickier. I remember one being written on a file about a criminal thief who got arrested or something (the same thief you later find in the Morgue to get the Diamond key IIRC).

Now I just keep a list of them open in front of me during my run.

DLC Inc posted:

how easy is it to get all the Mr. Raccoons, anyway? I found maybe 3 on Leon A and missed a fuckton. I presume they're spread out over Leon/Claire A Scenarios? Also are they counted only at game's end or can you reload previous saves to find them without finishing a run?

1. Not that easy, many are hard to spot.
2. There is at least one that is B-scenario only (Leon or Claire), there's also one you have to get as Ada.
3. No idea on your last question.