Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Nickoten posted:

Speaking of which, I would love to see Arino tackle the first Resident Evil on PSX. It seems like the kind of game that would really suit the format of the show. Somewhat on the short side, lots of long and short term decision-making, lots of dramatic moments, and most importantly lots of opportunities for the use of the white board!

Not gonna lie, I love me some episodes that use the white board.

Great news, he played the Director's Cut of RE as the exclusive challenge for DVD Box Set 12. I just watched it a few nights ago and it's pretty entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

If I recall correctly the original Resident Evil is one of his favorite games of all time though, so it was not the best candidate for coming into "fresh".

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

If I recall correctly the original Resident Evil is one of his favorite games of all time though, so it was not the best candidate for coming into "fresh".

To be fair Parappa the Rapper was on his favorites list too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanfy posted:

To be fair Parappa the Rapper was on his favorites list too.

Wasn't Parappa one of the shortest challenges in the show's history?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

But it was a great episode.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I heard there was an Um Jammer Lammy episode recently, I'd really love to see that translated.

I'd love to see any new translated:(

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Great news, he played the Director's Cut of RE as the exclusive challenge for DVD Box Set 12. I just watched it a few nights ago and it's pretty entertaining.

Well poo poo. How do I find this?

Edit: Nevermind, found it!

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 4, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nickoten posted:

Well poo poo. How do I find this?

Buy the box set on Amazon.co.jp

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Yeah I forgot Amazon had a Japanese store for a moment haha.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Although, he apparently played Donkey Kong Country 2 until he "withered", so he'll probably be HORRIBLE at RE as well. DKC2 was probably the first episode where I was legit annoyed with him for being horrible.

Off topic, what are we going to do about nyaa.se being down? I was going to cherry pick some episodes for my sons to watch, but there's no working links on the site anymore :(

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I got a few of the season 16 episodes I was missing from nyaa.pantsu.cat, it seems to be a replacement tracker

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Boco_T posted:

I got a few of the season 16 episodes I was missing from nyaa.pantsu.cat, it seems to be a replacement tracker

That was super effective, 1000 thanks man!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

ImpAtom posted:

The best was that Ninja game on the Turbo Grafx 16 that he beat before lunch, and they didn't know what to do.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Cemetry Gator posted:

The best was that Ninja game on the Turbo Grafx 16 that he beat before lunch, and they didn't know what to do.

"Wanna go see Harry Potter?"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

E3 is upon us, which means it's time for the in memoriam reel commemorating consoles that left us.

In so doing, Arino is going to get beefy. 16-bit High Definition Mega beefy. And also Headdy.

Episode 138 - Dynamite Headdy

Translate zari-gani
Timing Gutcruncher
Proof Hirayuki

Hopefully this works right...

https://nyaa.si/view/929267

https://mega.nz/#!CZd0jaaJ!RmiUuSiuD1_gaoqVhKsmzRngBJATM6HonJr3wFxnIFk

univbee fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 8, 2017

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
yesssssssssssssssss

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

univbee posted:

E3 is upon us, which means it's time for the in memoriam reel commemorating consoles that left us.

In so doing, Arino is going to get beefy. 16-bit High Definition Mega beefy. And also Headdy.

Translate zari-gani
Timing Gutcruncher
Proof Hirayuki

Hmmm. This was previously translated by some other group, wasn't it? I feel like I've seen it...

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
My GCCX folder has something like 240 files in it across 136 gigs of space, and has no episode 138. (Or episode 139.)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Hmmm. This was previously translated by some other group, wasn't it? I feel like I've seen it...

You could well be confusing it with something else (Wrecking Crew, possibly?), because the game isn't what I thought it was going into it. I had a minute-long search online and found no other subs for it, in any case. :shrug:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

xamphear posted:

yesssssssssssssssss

I think you mean 'yEEEEEEs'. :v:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

univbee posted:

Translate zari-gani
Timing Gutcruncher
Proof Hirayuki

Thanks once again to everyone who takes the time to put these out! :)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've never played it but wow Dynamite Headdy owns

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thanks for the latest great episode.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I've never played it but wow Dynamite Headdy owns

A number of changes were made for the American release, but not for better or worse, to my knowledge. It's worth checking out yourself if you like that sort of thing, and it's been rereleased on just about every platform, including Steam.

On an unrelated note, I hadn't realized it when watching other episodes with this segment, but 'elderly Arino' isn't making stuff up about cartridges that actually exist, right? Those are just prop cartridges with fake labels?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

FredMSloniker posted:

On an unrelated note, I hadn't realized it when watching other episodes with this segment, but 'elderly Arino' isn't making stuff up about cartridges that actually exist, right? Those are just prop cartridges with fake labels?
Right, it's supposed to be a bit where he shows off his improv muscle. They aren't real.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FredMSloniker posted:

A number of changes were made for the American release, but not for better or worse, to my knowledge. It's worth checking out yourself if you like that sort of thing, and it's been rereleased on just about every platform, including Steam.

The major changes are the difficulty - the international version is much harder and more in line with the challenge you'd expect from a Treasure game - and the dialogue, ie they cut most of it out and significantly altered the few parts they left in.

I'm sure there's a Steam Workshop mod to play the Japanese retranslation but if not, here's a patch: http://mijet.eludevisibility.org/DynamiteHeaddy/DynamiteHeaddy.html

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is Splatterhouse 2.

And "Defense Machine" is back for the new segment!

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 8, 2017

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. Dynamite Headdy always was one of my favorite Sega games. Thanks, SA-GCCX crew!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Still watching the episode. Wow, was that cart glitchy! Even when it didn't break outright, there were a lot of visual issues.

Also, I knew he was going to get the joke ending of that boss at the end. It is possible to outright kill it, but I'm glad he didn't, even if he didn't really get what happened.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Here's another vid: Arino and Hamaguchi play Minecraft in co-op!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2ORs1lNqY

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

jyrque posted:

Here's another vid: Arino and Hamaguchi play Minecraft in co-op!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2ORs1lNqY

That's the "Yoiko Minecraft Survival Life" series starting.
Neither Arino nor Hamaguchi have any experience with Minecraft, so they use the official Twitter account ( @yoiko_minecraft ‏) to ask for help when they're filming. They're expected to survivefor three months in the game.

It's a clear play on their annual "Desert Island Survival Life" special, which is mentioned in the first thirty seconds or so.

edit - It's a bit of a kick-to-the-ribs having Yuuko Takeda narrate this...

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 8, 2017

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can someone reupload to mega or something?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Can someone reupload to mega or something?

The torrent is fine though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The torrent is fine though.

If you can download torrents and I'm not in a situation where I can.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm working on uploading it but something is weird with MEGA for me where the page refreshes are taking forever, hopefully it'll upload before long.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Here you go.

https://mega.nz/#!CZd0jaaJ!RmiUuSiuD1_gaoqVhKsmzRngBJATM6HonJr3wFxnIFk

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the release! Headdy is one of those games I'd really like to like but it's always been too hard for me. I never even knew about the stage select code, though, so maybe I will have another go. Here's hoping for part 2...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cheers!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new episode, the latter part seems like it'll be even more of a blast. For a second there I thought Arino had an afro in the arcade segment due to the background tree :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the new episode and I can't wait for Splatterhouse 2. I just love the series...