Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think my only criticism is that the agents are being leaned on more than the actual characters, at times, and it’d be nice to see more freeform sephirah writing in place of the original character stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

For the record I don't think anyone was mad. I've seen LP threads where the RP/anti-RP got to the point mods had to step in and tell people to stop getting lovely at one another (including escalating to probations) and this thread is MILES away from that. Anyone remember the King of Dragon Pass LP? :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

KazigluBey posted:

For the record I don't think anyone was mad. I've seen LP threads where the RP/anti-RP got to the point mods had to step in and tell people to stop getting lovely at one another (including escalating to probations) and this thread is MILES away from that.

Oh yeah, nothing had gotten heated yet. It just seemed to be moving in that direction so I decided to be better safe than sorry.

Jen X posted:

I think my only criticism is that the agents are being leaned on more than the actual characters, at times, and it’d be nice to see more freeform sephirah writing in place of the original character stuff.

I've been leaning more on the OCs largely because they're what the thread contributed so I want to like, give everyone a moment-but I could definitely stand to do more with the Sephirot, yes, especially now that they've gone through some serious poo poo.

Hod is, after all, a complicated girl who has done things of debatable morality in her life. :v:

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011

Jen X posted:

Well now I’m imagining one of the captains smuggling a boxbot into the manager’s office and having Malkuth be the peanut gallery or something

Pingcode fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 24, 2020

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
It's fine to me so far. Rated 5 so on so forth.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

KazigluBey posted:

For the record I don't think anyone was mad. I've seen LP threads where the RP/anti-RP got to the point mods had to step in and tell people to stop getting lovely at one another (including escalating to probations) and this thread is MILES away from that. Anyone remember the King of Dragon Pass LP? :v:

i was mad, but i'm also moving to a new apartment tomorrow so i'm a bit high-strung atm :tem:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

i was mad, but i'm also moving to a new apartment tomorrow so i'm a bit high-strung atm :tem:

Hell, that's always a super-stressful time. Have a safe move-and if you can afford it have the movers do as much of the work as possible, if there are movers.

And so that this isn't a derail: if anyone ever has any detailed critique or whatever my PMs are open if you gottem, and if you don't I'm around on the LPbeach discord and am not above accepting relevant PMs. :v:

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009
I don't think the threat would have been nearly as heartbroken over Malkuth or outraged over Hod if you hadn't done all that painstaking character building.

The Ringbearer
Mar 1, 2016
Of course, we're ignoring the elephant in the room:

When Netzach has his meltdown (and my money's on his being next), his meeting with X will be mediated by Mr. Black, whose M.O. is :roflolmao: and smile at whatever gribblie or other soul-crushing monstrosity is staring you down Then it's a matter of who turns on him first.

But then, X has pulled bigger miracles out of his rear end before.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Jen X posted:

I’d prefer the reverse, honestly.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
And this is where people's varying preferences definitely come into play. I say just write what feels most natural for the story beats and such, honestly. The writing is being done well, and is kind of necessary to fill the gaps between plot beats for readers.

In my experience, the gameplay does a good job of keeping the Sephirot still actively talking to you. Reason being? A player playing even somewhat blind WILL be loving up, and the Sephirot inform you about someone dying or panicking, or an abnormality breaching will pop up a lot. And the tone of how they say it informs on their personality and outlook. Since the readers don't have the Sephirot chattering at them about their mistakes, it's up to TeeQueue's extra writing to keep the Sephirot in the loop.

Plus being able to be strung together into a full narrative for the LP does have its advantages. You can't really forget about Malkuth in the LP narrative. But in gameplay for me, Malkuth was the one that slipped through the cracks for me in semi-forgetting about her. She had the longest span between her regular cutscenes and core suppression, and having the least threatening abnormalities meant she didn't have gently caress-ups happening to remind me of her existence as much. She did have Punishing Bird, but that honestly had the effect of me tuning her out entirely, which didn't help.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Keldulas posted:

She did have Punishing Bird, but that honestly had the effect of me tuning her out entirely, which didn't help.

This was four workdays. If you're paying any attention to the notifs of whichever Sephirah has Punishing Bird, you're a better manager than me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I will point out that I think the Dawn of Amber taste is based on the legacy version of that ordeal, where they actually were two different colour jellyworm things.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I will point out that I think the Dawn of Amber taste is based on the legacy version of that ordeal, where they actually were two different colour jellyworm things.

You're probably right, tbh. That quote is from the 2019 Library of Ruina Q&A session, so I assume they just kept it as canon because it was neat.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

This was four workdays. If you're paying any attention to the notifs of whichever Sephirah has Punishing Bird, you're a better manager than me.

Yep, that's about right. Hence I forgot about Malkuth in the plot.

With that in mind, it's probably best that Punishing Bird is in Control, since Malkuth won't have anything threatening that you'd gloss over.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I'll be honest, I'm the one that farted.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Sorry, I mean, I'll be honest, I'm the one that farted.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
It takes a big man to come clean with that. I'm proud of you.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
To throw in two cents, I love the RP character bits and hope Teequeue keep them up because they're fun and you're a good writer.

On a less surface level response, the RP character moments substitute for the little bit of character moments you get when you're actually playing the game, the attachment you have to your little peeps when you're actually managing them through the game. It's a lot different to read through someone playing, versus actually making the decisions and spinning the plates. You get a lot of incidental, individual moments when your the one spending hours making the monster ball spin, whether it be your first agent carrying through to be a god beater, some throwaway jerk you made who keeps trucking through absolutely everything, or that second slot nobody who somehow ended up with all of the nicest ego gifts and is now your go to music maestro. The game's got a lot of personality between the different areas, the abnormalities, the ego gifts and suits and weapons, and it all colors how you see your worker bees, to the point where poo poo will hit the fan and you'll be calling in your A-team by their individual names like they're the goddamn power rangers. It also adds to the sting when you finally push through one of the crazier challenges, make some tiny slip up, and see a sephirah pop up to tell you your go to good boy is dead.

Then you hit end day because gently caress if you're doing that again.

But the character writing does a lot to mimic that kind of attachment and development and gives the thread something to latch on to. It's similar to how the game goes, and given that your group of sims can be astoundingly fragile, I think it's a really important game element and theme mix that I think it'd be really hard to express in a drier run.

Anyway, game owns LP owns keep up the good work

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Onehandclapping posted:

To throw in two cents, I love the RP character bits and hope Teequeue keep them up because they're fun and you're a good writer.

On a less surface level response, the RP character moments substitute for the little bit of character moments you get when you're actually playing the game, the attachment you have to your little peeps when you're actually managing them through the game. It's a lot different to read through someone playing, versus actually making the decisions and spinning the plates. You get a lot of incidental, individual moments when your the one spending hours making the monster ball spin, whether it be your first agent carrying through to be a god beater, some throwaway jerk you made who keeps trucking through absolutely everything, or that second slot nobody who somehow ended up with all of the nicest ego gifts and is now your go to music maestro. The game's got a lot of personality between the different areas, the abnormalities, the ego gifts and suits and weapons, and it all colors how you see your worker bees, to the point where poo poo will hit the fan and you'll be calling in your A-team by their individual names like they're the goddamn power rangers. It also adds to the sting when you finally push through one of the crazier challenges, make some tiny slip up, and see a sephirah pop up to tell you your go to good boy is dead.

Then you hit end day because gently caress if you're doing that again.

But the character writing does a lot to mimic that kind of attachment and development and gives the thread something to latch on to. It's similar to how the game goes, and given that your group of sims can be astoundingly fragile, I think it's a really important game element and theme mix that I think it'd be really hard to express in a drier run.

Anyway, game owns LP owns keep up the good work

This is a very good point. You really do get attached to your agents playing this game for all sorts of reasons, and the extra writing for them does a lot to simulate that feeling.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Teequeue's additions have been great, in my opinion. Without being in the weeds of the moment to moment stress of the game, it can be weirdly bland (like most management sims) and even if playing, it's easy for the speech bubbles to be unreadable depending on how much unity like your resolution.

I think mostly writing for the Agents is a good choice as it helps mostly keep the canon and fanon zones more separated for people trying to track what the game has told you so far.

And an amount of, if you are reading the LP either you aren't playing the game, or you want to see Teequeue's take on it. And I feel to a degree, the fiction is a part of it (now anyway, even if it's emergent from trying to make posts interesting to read.)

tl;dr : LP is :five: , carry on.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I am a fluff man.

I eat and breathe fluff.

I'll stan fluff till the day I die.

On my deathbed, I will say "Hey wasn't it cool how Tee REDACTED REDACTED, the most REDACTED of all REDACTED in the Day 27 supplemental?" and my loved ones will shed a single tear with a knowing nod, for they will have no loving clue what I was just on about.

Thus my very mind will have reached a state of fluff.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that I loved from my childhood. Something that would never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stan-Fluff.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

TeeQueue posted:

Once the first runthrough of the game is over and we hit the normal ending, people might not like that I'm gonna have to shrink back from that a bunch to show off the rest of the abnormalities to farm for the 100% ending-it's going to be much more 'just show the game' by necessity, and that would be equally fine in the hypothetical scenario where it occurred.

I was wondering what you'd do about those. Otherwise I'm perfectly fine seeing how this story plays out.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Speaking as someone who's binged the thread over the last 2 days, I really enjoy the agent writing bits! Thread good, vote 5

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
The characterization of the agents is what makes this worth reading, otherwise I could just play the game and get a pretty similar experience. Which I am totally doing and certainly have not forgotten to play the game in favor of FFXIV.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Hey everyone!

This isn't an update!

This is me telling you that Lobotomy Corporation is currently 50% off on Steam until October 1st!

The update will probably come tomorrow, it turns out having so many story beats to go through takes up a lot of time. :v:

Edit: Also, Library of Ruina is apparently on sale for 20% off right now as well-and if I remember right they'll be raising the price in November so this could be your last chance to get it for $19.99 for a good while. Just remember, that game is spoilers please use either the megathread or the nearest Yu-Gi-Oh! community if you wanna talk about card game playing librarians.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 25, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

TeeQueue posted:

Hey everyone!

This isn't an update!

This is me telling you that Lobotomy Corporation is currently 50% off on Steam until October 1st!

The update will probably come tomorrow, it turns out having so many story beats to go through takes up a lot of time. :v:

Edit: Also, Library of Ruina is apparently on sale for 20% off right now as well-and if I remember right they'll be raising the price in November so this could be your last chance to get it for $19.99 for a good while. Just remember, that game is spoilers please use either the megathread or the nearest Yu-Gi-Oh! community if you wanna talk about card game playing librarians.

:10bux: well spent.

Also not talking about the game itself but rather the price: Do you think Library of Ruina worth the price tag? I've been eyeing it but I found it hard to quantify because it seemed so different from Lobo Corp.

FWIW I've found this LP really enjoyable so far but obviously haven't played the actual Lobo Corp yet.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 25, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also not talking about the game itself but rather the price: Do you think Library of Ruina worth the price tag? I've been eyeing it but I found it hard to quantify because it seemed so different from Lobo Corp.

FWIW I've found this LP really enjoyable so far but obviously haven't played the actual Lobo Corp yet.

I've put... 69 hours (yes really) (nice) into LoR so far, and I haven't even gotten through the content that's been released so far-and I've been pretty much blitzing through the game while doing as little grinding as I can get away with.

It's got a very good amount of content right now, and it's only going to get more as they go. It's definitely worth it to me-but to be fair I really really really like card games so I'm absolutely biased. :v:

As a point of comparison for how much gameplay that is for me, right now I have 303 hours in Lobcorp over two full 100% playthroughs plus some speedrunning stuff and this LP, so 69 hours is really a nice amount for me to have played.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

TeeQueue posted:

I've put... 69 hours (yes really) (nice) into LoR so far, and I haven't even gotten through the content that's been released so far-and I've been pretty much blitzing through the game while doing as little grinding as I can get away with.

It's got a very good amount of content right now, and it's only going to get more as they go. It's definitely worth it to me-but to be fair I really really really like card games so I'm absolutely biased. :v:

As a point of comparison for how much gameplay that is for me, right now I have 303 hours in Lobcorp over two full 100% playthroughs plus some speedrunning stuff and this LP, so 69 hours is really a nice amount for me to have played.

That's good to hear. I'll grab that too then, since I love the setting of lobocorp and how genuinely messed up it is :v:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TeeQueue posted:

Hey everyone!

This isn't an update!

Well Lob Corp itself isn't really my thing, but I grabbed Ruina!

I just have to wait for this LP to wrap up before I can start it. I didn't throw it into my ever growing backlog I swear.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Just my irritating reminder that if you do pick up Library of Ruina it completely spoils the main plot of LobCorp, that includes the anime opening by Mili so if you do buy it for your backlog be very careful if you’re spoiler sensitive

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
There's few things that grab me quite so well as intriguing weirdness and fantastic music. Project Moon's stuff seems to be positively oozing with them!... or wait, maybe it's just blood and employee bits that's oozing. Well, either way, my steam collection has just grown two titles plumper.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 28: Story

Music: 13 sins

Nobody is perfect. If we realized that in forgiving others, your enemy didn’t deserve forgiveness but rather that you needed peace, would things be better?

Michelle, let me cut to the chase; we are performing experiments that go directly against the Head’s ideals. If your beloved parents, or your precious friends try to coax you, are you confident that you’d be able to refuse them?

She wasn’t able to say anything to my browbeating. Carmen broke the silence instead.

Just like everyone else, Michelle liked Carmen. That was not trickery or a show. She wasn’t the manipulative sort of person who’d keep up such a facade, either. I should’ve made her give the answer she avoided speaking no matter what.

I don’t know. Did she accomplish her purpose by trampling on us, and Carmen? I’ll never know.

The answer was “no”. I was no different from her. To be honest, I never wanted you to die in misery, like that nasty tabloid article gossiped.

Music: Strange Dream

When I awoke to find myself here, I thought this could be my second chance. I thought I could redeem myself and liberate myself from my mistakes. What I did can never be undone. A sunken pebble can never float to the surface again. I wanted to be a kind person. I wanted to show everyone that I might be okay here, somehow.

I was a hypocrite, all those “nice” acts were for myself. I’ll keep trying to be a better person, even now.

*static*

In summary: It turns out Michelle was a kid when she joined the company! There's mention of a woman named Carmen who Michelle seemed to adore, and A mentions that she's not the sort who can deceive people so the entire situation was probably more complicated than we knew about. Regardless, Hod acknowledges that she was being a hypocrite about the whole helping people thing-but decides not to stop trying to help people because as long as she might be able to save someone, it's worth it. The perception filter over Hod stops, letting us see her true form from now on. And so, with the Hope to be a Better Person acquired, the Seed grows to 20%.

But wait. Who's Carmen?

Music: Romantic

“Hey, are you listening to me?”

“….......?”

“No, becoming a Wing is not my goal.”

“….......”

“Well, everyone says that. But let me put it this way: What use are Wings if you can’t fly?”

“….......”

“What I mean is, if we grow the stalk straight up like a tree, we could reach the sky for sure. Even if it would be a slow climb.”

When we select the option, the screen fades to black and waits for a moment.

In summary: Based on the silhouette, that was probably Carmen. Either way, X remembers a conversation between A and her, but he can't remember what A said, exactly. She talks about finding a way to the sky without Wings.

-ger… Um… Manager? Are you there?

Oh, sorry. Just… had a moment. Memory Sync stuff. You know how it is.

I do not, sir. Anyways, one more thing? Um… and if we can, keep it private?

Yeah, sure. What's up?

I had been considering continuing the counseling program without Angela's knowledge… But it's okay, I'll put a stop to it.

Right. Then the enkephalin?

I'd requisitioned a very large amount, but Netzach offered to help dispose of it so I let him take care of it.

...Um… I just realized why that was a bad idea.

I'm… going to go check on him.

Yes. P-please do.

(Netzach previous story: 1, 2, 3, 4)

Music: Beyond the Waves

Aren’t you sick and tired of this? You’ll do something great tomorrow yet again, though it won’t be anything all that “great”, and Miss Angela and the other Sephirot will shower you with compliments. We’ll have another accident in my department, a couple will fall down and die, some will go nuts, and a pile of ‘em will get injuries they’ll never recover from.

Nobody will say to my face that it’s my fault, but it’ll be clear as day that I’m responsible for all of it, surely. My day always repeats like that. Starts with death. Ends with death.

It helps them become desensitized to everything. Just think about it. If your good ol’ lunchmate is found dead, torn into thousands of pieces, who in the world would be able to clean up his dead body without a single drop of emotion?

Everyone’s just trying to escape from this reality in their own ways. They might look and pretend to be okay, but nobody really is.

I know, it’s like a metaphor. Death for us is a hypothetical concept. I heard injecting substances like Enkephalin into machines will slowly but surely rust them. Then, maybe I could chug a whole bottle into my body. Give myself irreversible damage.

Yet my mind is clearer than ever. Hell, I feel completely lucid right now. If I were to open my eyes again, maybe it’ll be somewhere without you, those other Sephirot, or that Angela.

I tried to persuade people. I told them we have to proceed with the experiment in order to save Carmen and the others. Everyone fell silent when I asked for volunteers. Then, one man quietly raised his hand. It was Giovanni, who had kept to himself for most of his time here. Giovanni was one of the patients from Carmen’s company. I heard they had known each other since childhood.

My statement that this experiment could bring back Carmen must have been the strongest motivation that drove him to volunteer. An experiment to find the proper dosage of a drug is not something that can be done in just a trial or two. I never talked with him much. We had nothing in common, other than our acquaintance with Carmen.

Cogito emaciates the boundary of a human.

Music: Boss Warning

In Summary: Netzach is tired of dealing with this place, and tries to overdose himself on Enkephalin rather than face another day, causing him to suffer a meltdown. We remember Netzach's past self, Giovanni, one of the first people to volunteer for Cogito dosage experiments. Also, Carmen is apparently dead. :ohdear:

Angela!

I shall prepare for what is to come immediately. In the meanwhile, Chesed is on the line.

Right now? Well, alright.

Hi~

We've got to stop meeting like this.

Aww. I'm getting back to you on that task I asked you to do.

Town - VIP Lounge

Try not to overdo it though, ok?

What you’ve already gotten through will have lengthened the lives of our employees by at least some degree. So… you should hopefully be satisfied now.

You came to Lobotomy Corporation, and you probably want to put forth your best effort to mould this place into something better. But this place is just like a cup of coffee gone cold ages ago.

It’d be better off for all of us in the end if I were to at least feign our noble and benevolent posture, now wouldn’t it? The same goes for you, manager.

This is another one where the selection doesn't matter.

I will say that I’m curious how long that fire in your heart will last. I’ll get going now, I’m actually quite busy, even though I seem relaxed.

Music: Dungeon - Psych Ward

Just look who’s talking.

In summary: Chesed makes it abundantly clear that he's easygoing because he doesn't feel like this place is worth caring about. Apparently this wasn't always the case, though.

Same requirement as last time, shorter time limit. The target number for tomorrow is 9 minutes.

You know, Chesed, it'd be really nice if you could just give me a freebie on this research stuff. I'm trying to help your colleagues.

You know I can't do that, boss. You do something for me, I get you some cool toys. That's the little give-and-take Lady Angela's asked for.

Really..?

The company requires that you show your prowess in order to gain access to additional resources. It hasn't been any trouble thus far, for a manager of your caliber.

Doesn't mean I like trying to handle these Suppression things on a timer.

Just do your best. The trial will always be there another day should you need more time.

Nah, let's just do it now. I might tear my hair out, but what's it done for me lately anyways?

Presumably it keeps your head warm, X.

...Yes, thank you Angela. I would have had no idea.

It is no trouble.

Hod, I'm here to pass the notes from yesterday's-oh, what're you up to?

I wanted to make things up to everyone for the trouble yesterday, so I'm busy video editing right now. Do you think I could get your help?

Sure! I don't have a clue how to use any of that fancy software, but I'll do what I can!

I was hoping you could share some of your best practices-those things you make your agents do to make sure they can produce energy without causing complications.

Really?!

Really. While you're a bit overbearing sometimes, I think you have great ideas sometimes too.

...I won't let you down! Let's brainstorm all night if we have to!

That shouldn't be-

:shobon:

...Alright. Let's make something really great, okay?

O-kay!

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Netzach tries to kill Netzach because he's an AI and this is a video game.

...wait.

Bonus

Michelle sprite

Hod robot sprite

...so that's the story.

Wow. Okay, so. How's Hod?

She's doing fine. We got lucky.

Thank goodness… But, An Arbiter? One of the Head's enforcers came here..? That's a bit overkill…

I thought you might have an idea-you've been here longer than anyone.

No, clue. It was even before my time.

Oh! There you two are! Ahh, splendid, splendid! Keep smiling! We've got a situation to deal with!

Mr.Black? Oh no, don't tell me-

That's right! It's my turn! I can't wait to make a measure of the man behind the can! HAHAHAHA!

...you think they'll be okay together?

Probably not. Ugh… I'm going to get back to work and try and forget about all of… this.

Yeah, it's not like you to get this angry about anything.

...Hod's a good person, Talow. She didn't deserve to be dressed down like that.

I did tell you he was a jackass.

Yeah, well… I guess I believe it now. :sigh: I just want this week to end already.

Well, nothing we can do but push through it. Everything has to end eventually, right?

Mm. See you around.

Don't die.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 4, 2021

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Huh, so given the red hairband is on Angela and Carmen, and that head accessories are pretty much how the robots differentiate themselves, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Angela is based on Carmen.

It's interesting, because people actually seem to like Carmen, but nobody really seems to like Angela. If anything, Angela seems to be acting more detached, like A is, and X is acting more like Carmen and caring about the employees?

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Yeah between the text box color, the side pony (which X has a thing for, :hmmm:), and the red hairband, the game is giving off a lot of "Angela is Carmen" signals-- so many that I'm pretty sure she's not, or that if she is there's some other big twist involved. Cogito seems to be some kind of drug that helps to turn humans into robots--- badly, it seems, if the dose is incorrect. Which implies that Carmen was at the time of the testing not dead, but maybe comatose or on life support. Maybe Angela if is Carmen, resurrected as a "perfect AI" after much suffering and experimenting, she came to despise A when she saw all the ruin he had wrought in her name.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Dirk the Average posted:

Huh, so given the red hairband is on Angela and Carmen, and that head accessories are pretty much how the robots differentiate themselves, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Angela is based on Carmen.

It's interesting, because people actually seem to like Carmen, but nobody really seems to like Angela. If anything, Angela seems to be acting more detached, like A is, and X is acting more like Carmen and caring about the employees?

Yeah, I noticed that too, scrolled back up to check. I think your theory is fairly sound, especially since Angela killed/wiped A's memories.

Also, really nice update Tee! I don't know if the links to past story segments are new or if I just never saw them before but it was a really nice feature.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I guess it turns out achieving perfected immortality makes you an rear end in a top hat.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

RPZip posted:

I don't know if the links to past story segments are new or if I just never saw them before but it was a really nice feature.

They are new and when I stop being lazy I'll probably put them into the earlier pre-meltdowns too.

...So uh. At some point. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

On on of the earlier days Angela asked to pick one letter from A, B or C. We already met an Asshole, we met B who revealed shocking truth that AI in a videogame is likely to kill us. Could Carmen be C?

It was discussed before that you are not allowed to have human-looking AI. Could it be that Head overreacted, because they made Angela?

Netzach suppression: all beer dispensers turns into bear dispensers. Be ready for non-stop bear dusk Ordeal.