Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Cartoon posted:

Who is going to get you all killed.

Not if Fah Ruite leads us there first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oo, Amaranth's house is in the Foundry District.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It was a random dice roll I swear!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Is the Ropemaker's that Fah Ruite is enamoured with the place with the biggest fire or can we see a rat head poking over the rooftops?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
No rat head. There are certainly fires in that direction. It is a dense urban environment and Amaranth is quite close to the ground. Looking through the eyes of a hawk it is much clearer. The fires and destruction is most excessive around the ropemakers but, going clockwise from the North, there is considerable destruction in:

The Weavers
The Papermakers
Tilers and Plumbers
Guild Hall, Market Town and Guard Barracks
Brewers and Distillers
Limers and Masons
Carpenters, Cabinet Makers and Cartwrights
Foundry
Sailmakers and Spinners

There is certainly a major conflict going on in ropemakers. Perhaps if Typhon flew closer?

Cross posting because...

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm glad Martha didn't ruin her good behaviour promise by killing some city guards (publicly)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Skellybones posted:

I'm glad Martha didn't ruin her good behaviour promise by killing some city guards (publicly)

Me too.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Is Prot from Evil 10' a sphere that emanates from the target, affecting everyone so long as they are inside range, or does the effect land on everyone within range of the target and work independently from there?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I've always played it as a sphere that moves with the caster although a strict reading would have it remain stationary. Having those in the area of effect at casting be given their own instance of Prot From Evil would seem to be a step too far in the other direction especially as all the other Protection spells work as I have always played them above (Protection from Lycantropes, Magic etc.).

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Before going to initiative (etc.) I think allowing a little while for the group to discuss matters might be useful but ultimately up to you guys (well except for Bolo who's scarpaed).

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I was wondering how you craft a bolt to slay the avatar of a god.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Skellybones posted:

I was wondering how you craft a bolt to slay the avatar of a god.
It's a very expensive process that requires the use of rare and valuable materials. These are combined using the very best of crafts-people and then enchanted using high level priest and mage spells. I'm reasonably sure this was discussed when Martha wanted some made. She already shot one at the illusionary avatar :laugh:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That sounds like a nice career option. The money would be good and you know your work is going into killing really awesome things.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can Amaranth be inside the Anti-Magic sphere when it goes up?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If she wants to be BUT no magic goes in or out.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Considering the hostile magic likely to be thrown around outside, and the remaining magic able to be cast,

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
True enough! I was just making the point 100% clear.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

So are we within 60' of Rattus to be in line of sight correct. Does the sphere effect all the magic stuff that we carrying or only when we fire? Could Martha spend a turn inside the sphere reloading and then step out to fire?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
No you do not need to be within 60' of Rattus to be in line of sight. It is simple to avoid the eldrich lightning range and still take crossbow/whatever shots. Magical weapons react upon contact with the shell so firing a bolt out would cause the bolt to make a save and if it failed it would be demagicked and the sphere of protection would collapse. If you, once the sphere is envoked, enter or leave it all of your magic items (that cross the barrier) must save. Once the first one fails it is demagicked and the sphere of protection collapses. This negates the need for the rest of the items to make a save.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What about the Protection From Evil centered on Martha?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If she was inside the sphere of the Prot. Mag. when it went up no problem. Otherwise her entering the sphere would cause the spell to make a save upon contact with the usual results. Prot. Mag. is a really weird scroll which has a bunch of creative edge use effects that were possibly not intended by the creators.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Like ramming it into a Prismatic Sphere?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Looks like Ellenara is no dummy! The best part of her plan is that if the Sphere saves it doesn't mean she bounces off. She can deliver the contents of her sphere into Picra's lap. Or just ask him how it's going and have a quiet cup of tea.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If Rattus had gotten an action in it was going to be getting out of Dodge at this point. Fah Ruité had it on a sliver of health. Lucky Amaranth hit it! Good job all (Except Bolo).

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I like the fact that of all the party members, only Aramanth is likely to face retribution from her 'friends' for helping kill an avatar of a god and a high cleric of Sorod.

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 15, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
There is no better time to double down.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Or worse? Who knows.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Bolo is currently enjoying being alive.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

While I know as a player that bolo would've probably been fine and contributed a decent amount to the fight, Bolo the character didn't feel like taking the chance.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hucky is real and strong and is my friend

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Nobody is going to question Bolo on his antics. What he did was 100% in character. He could make a post-apocalyptic statement on the climax to the campaign, maybe loot something that isn't strictly speaking his.

Skellybones posted:

Hucky is real and strong and is my friend
You could animate his body if it hadn't gone back to the plane you summoned him from.

(I did mention he got Eldritch lightning to death).

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

What are the rules about being an apostate? Martha could be whatever Fah Ruite's god is first follower. What is it a god of?

I also like the idea of having an avatar of a chaotic god be a character witness in the upcoming trial.

"Would the witness please stop warping us in and out of the 5th dimension"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Teheda will be sad, Martha really embodied the whole "Be good at fighting" thing.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
So long as their are no alignment restrictions AND you aren't a Cleric (or cleric like ie Ranger, Paladin) you can change gods as often as you like (penalties may apply see in hell for details.)

Hassia is the Goddess of Courage, The Heavens, Healing and Cats. She exists because Rattus was brought into being and is the God of Fear, Disease, The Moon, and Rats. In the current mileu Hassia exists to counterbalance some of the Lawful stupid poo poo that has gotten Norward into the state it is. Expect to hear a little more from Hassia on this subject in the not too distant future. If there are any particular loose ends that a character wants cleared up wait till after my next effort post and if I haven't covered them then tip me off here.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Question time! Hassia only exists because Rattus hit the threshold and went from Demigod to God, right? Wouldn't the slaying of his avatar and followers revoke his Godhood, and wouldn't that leave the pantheon unbalanced because of Hassia?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah! Martha is going to spend the rest of her life as a crazy cat worshipping lady

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think killing the avatar just weakens the poo poo out of him for a while. So there's still a Rattus god, he's just being made fun of by the other evil gods and can't grant any good spells to their clerics.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Speaking of which, we still need to track down that other big cleric that has been giving us poo poo. She will be pretty weak right about now :unsmigghh:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Skellybones posted:

I think killing the avatar just weakens the poo poo out of him for a while. So there's still a Rattus god, he's just being made fun of by the other evil gods and can't grant any good spells to their clerics.
This is the correct answer. Hassia is also weak at the moment on account of only having one(1) believer but I expect that number to rise rapidly due to the hole that both Rattus and now Hassia are filling in the Pantheon. Hassia is covering a decent amount of what Teheda stands for but in a more fools rush in sort of a way. Rattus was really the only LE choice that has ever been offered which is how this whole poo poo fight started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
She'd have two (2) if she wasn't metaphysically incapable of being less picky.

• Locked thread