Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

thats way less offense than like... goro being preorder dlc

thats like pretty much the least bad thing because you can: already do them, unlock that content anyway.

Or $30 for 4 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Brosnan posted:

Or $30 for 4 characters.

The pass has 4 characters and 5 costume packs and it sounds like the characters will be $5 each so this is less them jacking up the price of the characters and more them being evasive about what they are/aren't charging for in order to flog more season passes, which is a whole different level of bullshit.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Munsun posted:

srk has an article explaining that you can buy "easy fatalities" for real cash. you get five for a dollar. lmao

holding block and spinning 360 while mashing rp can be stressful when all you want to do is celebrate

The worst thing isn't that they're making money from this but that they actually have finite uses. I get that it isn't really a game-changing thing, but it opens the door for it and is just greedy as gently caress in general.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Ryu might be Smash Bros DLC? That would be pretty sweet actually.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Jmcrofts posted:

quote:

EDIT: I just looked into it, apparently Ryu is from Street Fighter

:eng99:

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

The Dave posted:

Yeah it's actually pretty genius. Make money off of babies and doesn't affect other players.

Make money... off BABIES? DLC Babalities? ARE YOU ED BOON?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It still doesn't really matter as much as selling actual content as DLC does, but I didn't realize at first that what they're selling isn't "You can unlock the easy versions of 5 fatalities," it's literally "You can perform easy fatalities 5 times and then you have to buy more tokens."

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Brosnan posted:

It still doesn't really matter as much as selling actual content as DLC does, but I didn't realize at first that what they're selling isn't "You can unlock the easy versions of 5 fatalities," it's literally "You can perform easy fatalities 5 times and then you have to buy more tokens."

Now selling the FADC ultra finger puzzle token. Sure you can learn how to do it but that takes time and time = money. You can spend hours grinding it out or put down :20bux: for execution like the pros.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
it actually would own if you could pay a 20 for a week of no execution reqs in sf4. just the bees knees

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Hypha posted:

Now selling the FADC ultra finger puzzle token. Sure you can learn how to do it but that takes time and time = money. You can spend hours grinding it out or put down :20bux: for execution like the pros.

It would be funny if people could buy tokens to do special moves and stuff for you but each time they use one it gives an indicator that you can see, so you know they're spending money to try to win a game they are bad at.

I mean a lot of other people probably wouldn't find it funny but I would.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

thats way less offense than like... goro being preorder dlc

thats like pretty much the least bad thing because you can: already do them, unlock that content anyway.

Pretty sure the main market for the Fatality tokens are gonna be the college bros who don't know how to play the game, and I'm fine with that.

OTOH I've heard that Tanya, one of the four characters in the season pass, is just straight up in the story mode already.

Pretty excited to see when season 2 is Rain, Baraka, and Sindel.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Brosnan posted:

It would be funny if people could buy tokens to do special moves and stuff for you but each time they use one it gives an indicator that you can see, so you know they're spending money to try to win a game they are bad at.

I mean a lot of other people probably wouldn't find it funny but I would.

Naw man, have a super cheap or free "disabler". Now you have a meta game of whether you blow a buck to win or get stuffed. Everyone loves layers of rock-paper-scissors right?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Pretty sure the main market for the Fatality tokens are gonna be the college bros who don't know how to play the game, and I'm fine with that.

OTOH I've heard that Tanya, one of the four characters in the season pass, is just straight up in the story mode already.

Pretty excited to see when season 2 is Rain, Baraka, and Sindel.

The model is in the game and she does fight, but it looks like she uses Kitana's stance among other things, but who knows.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jmcrofts posted:

Seems more likely that it's a dude pulling one over on Reddit but I guess it's a possibility.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Seems more likely that it's a dude pulling one over on Reddit but I guess it's a possibility.

Apparently he has a pretty solid reputation in the 3DS hacking/CFW scene. I wouldn't know either way.

It's hosed up that there are people who play video games (especially fighting games and spinoffs like Smash) who do not recognize Ryu from Street Fighter. There were people asking in that thread if it was Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and then people saying they would have preferred him to Street Fighter Ryu...

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

Mr E posted:

The model is in the game and she does fight, but it looks like she uses Kitana's stance among other things, but who knows.

She clearly has some of her signature moves on display, like the cartwheel kick and air fireball, but she has a long way to go in terms of becoming a distinct character.

Wish I could say the same for characters that don't even get a chance to fight, like Li Mei.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

canoshiz posted:

Apparently he has a pretty solid reputation in the 3DS hacking/CFW scene. I wouldn't know either way.

It's hosed up that there are people who play video games (especially fighting games and spinoffs like Smash) who do not recognize Ryu from Street Fighter. There were people asking in that thread if it was Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and then people saying they would have preferred him to Street Fighter Ryu...

People on the Internet are dumb and have bad opinions. You should know this.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

NoMoneyDown posted:

She clearly has some of her signature moves on display, like the cartwheel kick and air fireball, but she has a long way to go in terms of becoming a distinct character.

Wish I could say the same for characters that don't even get a chance to fight, like Li Mei.

I want that character just to have more fist of the north star references in game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Should have been ryu from shenmue

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ryu from Breath of Fire.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Should have been ryu from shenmue

That's Ryo, you philistine.

Oh, and obligatory: "guys, guys, if Smash has Ryu then it's a fighting game??"

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Asura's Wrath had street fighter DLC, is that a fighting game?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Hypha posted:

Asura's Wrath had street fighter DLC, is that a fighting game?

no, that just made it the fightingest game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Saoshyant posted:

no one cares.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

monster hunter has chun li and blanka so now its a fighting game

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Countblanc posted:

no one cares.

I still do, jerk.

when's shenmue 3 :(

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
play the yakuza series instead

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I do not get to see Ryo go super saiyan until shenmue 3.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Lord Chumley posted:

I still do, jerk.

when's shenmue 3 :(

If you like quick time events, driving forklifts, and playing ancient arcade games that haven't aged well, I have good news for you: Mortal Kombat X is out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ryo is already in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round you just have to mod him in.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Policenaut posted:

Ryo is already in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round you just have to mod him in.

Bringing this back around to say that Ryu from Ninja Gaiden actually *is* in it.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

monster hunter has chun li and blanka so now its a fighting game
Also Little Big Planet.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they add Ken too

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Waynebo posted:

play the yakuza series instead
Or as it's known in Japan, Ryu Ga Gotoku. KAZUMA KIRYU CONFIRMED FOR SMASH.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Its gotta be the LA dodgers korean pitching machine, ryu hyun jin

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
So I have a question for all you beautiful people.

I hate all but 4 of its character designs.
I don't give a drat about the story.
The concept of a "block button" terrifies me.

Is MKX a good FIGHTING game? Should someone of my tastes even consider it?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

The Gorp posted:

Is MKX a good FIGHTING game?

No.

The Gorp posted:

Should someone of my tastes even consider it?

No.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Yeah, thought so.

It's hard to judge out actual game reviews when everything is just 9/10 its looks pretty and has a cool story mode.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao if you don't buy every single major fighting game release

just lmao

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I know, I'm supercasual scum.
I prefer Blazblue to Guilty Gear.
Call the cops on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't think we can be friends anymore Gorp

• Locked thread