Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He would be a gbs superstar tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Raskolnikov posted:

You really should lurk a little bit more. Proper Goonism takes time to fester cultivate.
I'm the real alphagoon, and I'm not even a goon. Reflect on that while I count this money.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Eonwe posted:

He would be a gbs superstar tbqh
But GBS is Reddit Lite. Oh wait, that is perfect.

Seraph84 posted:

I'm the real alphagoon, and I'm not even a goon. Reflect on that while I count this money.
How many monies.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You are a bad poster which I normally like but in a not funny way which is weird because I have really low standards of humor

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Eonwe posted:

You are a bad poster which I normally like but in a not funny way which is weird because I have really low standards of humor
I take pride in my awful posting style / skillset.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
people get mad at me for posting bad and dont get why I do it, but i dont do it for them

i do it for me

i like making myself laugh by posting dumb poo poo, its a good stress reliever

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You want a real mindfucker of an anime? Try Aeon Flux. Which incidentally isn't anime, although you'd be forgiven for mistakin it for one.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Eonwe posted:

people get mad at me for posting bad and dont get why I do it, but i dont do it for them

i do it for me

I've always understood your goon heart Poster Eonwe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you friend

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
your welcome!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

i do it for me

I have to admit, as I observed you before signing up you struck me like another tryhard who prolly had IK protection to do whatever they please and get free avatar reverts, so long as they bitch hard enough while pretending not to care.

But over time I have come to admire and respect your prowess and am now very happy to post ITT of yours.

Every Star Citizen thread has slowly become more realistic and in-line with its subject matter. And now I, for one, welcome our spinning pink elephant overlord with open arms. Heck, I don't even check Goons with Spoons for interesting info anymore, because of all this delicious food talk!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
beer will eventually get the thread back when he wants it tho, but thats probably the next time there is a real star citizen thing to be excited about so who the gently caress knows

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive never actually had an avatar revert

i think kewpuh tolerates me but probably doesn't find me particularly funny
cowcaster is an admin and doesnt post a ton in games so he probably doesnt have an opinion on me
zendeathrobot likes me i think tho :3

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Zeike posted:

I watched the trailer and it looks pretty interesting and is visually impressive

It's a Satoshi Kon movie, so it's pretty much automatically awesome. If you like the style, try Tokyo Godfathers and Perfect Blue, and if you can find it, Chapter 1 of Memories "Magnetic Rose".

Mamoru Hosoda's also a favorite of mine. Especially Summer wars, The Girl who leapt through time and Wolf Children.

People are too quick to shun Anime because of the way Weebs and Otaku nerds act, or how they had a poor viewing experience and labeled all anime as "bad". But in reality, Anime is no different from any other entertainment medium. I mean, look at the current Western box office. There's some major turds at the Cinema right now.

Friendly Tumour posted:

You want a real mindfucker of an anime? Try Aeon Flux. Which incidentally isn't anime, although you'd be forgiven for mistakin it for one.

Or Higurashi no naku koro ni.

Actually, don't. I almost barfed watching it. I'll never look at my fingernails in the same way.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Friendly Tumour posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of the other anime/cartoon/whatever that was on MTV around the same time. The one with the monster dude who may have been a janitor or may have been some kind of monster fighting other monsters who looked like a cross between pacman and Max from Sam and Max.

I tried googling it using that description and didn't get far.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xaerael posted:

Or Higurashi no naku koro ni.

Actually, don't. I almost barfed watching it. I'll never look at my fingernails in the same way.

I meant mindfuckery in the figurative sense, not the literal one. Though if you really enjoy watching little anime girls get tortured to death in horrible ways, um... Watch that and don't talk to me.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Xaerael posted:

It's a Satoshi Kon movie, so it's pretty much automatically awesome. If you like the style, try Tokyo Godfathers and Perfect Blue, and if you can find it, Chapter 1 of Memories "Magnetic Rose".

Mamoru Hosoda's also a favorite of mine. Especially Summer wars, The Girl who leapt through time and Wolf Children.
These are all good anime suggestions. Since you're going a bit old school I also want to suggest Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise. It has a space theme and should get you in the mood for Star Citizen development. It also has a very uncomfortable rape scene which is pretty much like interacting with the community so you're set for the Real Star Citizen Experience.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Friendly Tumour posted:

I meant mindfuckery in the figurative sense, not the literal one. Though if you really enjoy watching little anime girls get tortured to death in horrible ways, um... Watch that and don't talk to me.

It's was a fairly decent premise, if a little saccharine in it's style, but that one episode killed it for me. Which was annoying, because I really like time loop stories, and really wanted it to not go into the severely uncomfortable places it did.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xaerael posted:

It's was a fairly decent premise, if a little saccharine in it's style, but that one episode killed it for me. Which was annoying, because I really like time loop stories, and really wanted it to not go into the severely uncomfortable places it did.

I don't think you quite understood the point of that series. It's basically the anime version of the Serbian Film. Except far less horrifying, obviously. Nothing tops that thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Im glad of anime chat

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Friendly Tumour posted:

I don't think you quite understood the point of that series. It's basically the anime version of the Serbian Film. Except far less horrifying, obviously. Nothing tops that thing.

I understood the point, it was just a little too heavy handed for my taste. There's other series which have done the whole "Everything's lovely and cute here and here comes the trauma train!" far better, and without gross torture scenes.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Friendly Tumour posted:

Always feel sad that movie's the only one ever mentioned of serbian/ex-YU cinematography, as opposed to a ton of others that are just amazing.

So if this chat's freeform, two movies to forget that dumb shock attention whoring one - first is a classic that sums up the general spirit of the balkans perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwozSLas8DM

And the second shits all over that international prettied up crap called No Man's Land and gets to the heart of the Balkan wars, why they happened and what it was like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pssdA9k2bAk

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am going to watch 3 hours of youtube to understand your post and I also own 1,000 bitcoins.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I'll have to give those a watch when I can give them my attention. I really like international cinema. We're really blessed in my city with an awesome indie Cinema which runs a ton of International stuff.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of the other anime/cartoon/whatever that was on MTV around the same time. The one with the monster dude who may have been a janitor or may have been some kind of monster fighting other monsters who looked like a cross between pacman and Max from Sam and Max.

I tried googling it using that description and didn't get far.

You're probably thinking of The Maxx.

I'll take bitcoin or LTI ships as payment for these services, thanks.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It's seriously impressive how predictable large numbers of individuals actually are. An easy 2+ million this month, same next month, October and November you'd have to assume a lot more and CIG is just finishing a new 18 month marketing plan. 124 million on the low side by then.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

It's seriously impressive how predictable large numbers of individuals actually are. An easy 2+ million this month, same next month, October and November you'd have to assume a lot more and CIG is just finishing a new 18 month marketing plan. 124 million on the low side by then.

Assuming they make it that long.

Would be a shame if something happened to them...

Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Drewjitsu posted:

You're probably thinking of The Maxx.

I'll take bitcoin or LTI ships as payment for these services, thanks.

Oh poo poo, that's the one.

I'm flat broke but if the game is ever released I'll let you ride on my shoulders around the various landing zones.

AP posted:

Was it ever decided what their monthly funding costs were? A pretty decent calculation that someone put together on Le Reddite with various local rent and salary averages lowballed it around 2.5 million.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Actually, I think the Cutlass role explanation makes sense. It's a relatively low end designated pirate craft, designed for assault of soft targets, boarding and retrieval. You probably don't need anything bigger to take on an A or B, and I'm sure there will be NPCs to pirate.

Against PCs, it's a decent team member, but you'll need at least a partner for that.

I suspect most PvP use of the Cutlass will be the Red version for SAR, while the Black and Blue variants will be NPC grinding.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Assuming they make it that long.

Would be a shame if something happened to them...

Derek Smart Derek Smart Derek Smart!

I think it's going to be March/April before the natives get really restless again. Citizen con alone would probably hold people till then and there might even be something else released in the next few months. If they are cost cutting by doing things like sacking Illfonic and can still raise 2 million a month fairly easily, I don't see much risk of them not reaching 18 months. Arena Commander bought them a year and it's not very good.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i was recently recommended an anime about cell phone diaries that told futures and a weird imaginary god that made people fight to the death. it got weird and rapey by ep 2 so i bailed. i hope you enjoyed my anime story

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Warcabbit posted:

Actually, I think the Cutlass role explanation makes sense. It's a relatively low end designated pirate craft, designed for assault of soft targets, boarding and retrieval. You probably don't need anything bigger to take on an A or B, and I'm sure there will be NPCs to pirate.

Against PCs, it's a decent team member, but you'll need at least a partner for that.

I suspect most PvP use of the Cutlass will be the Red version for SAR, while the Black and Blue variants will be NPC grinding.

My takeaway from the Cutlass role stuff was less to define the ship and more to help in reinforcing the idea that any of those things will happen, will be fun or that players want to do them.

At the moment I find it supremely unlikely that CIG will be able to execute their nebulous plans regarding transferring cargo, at the present disabling a ship without destroying it is virtually impossible and the roster of 'soft targets' is virtually nill. Naming the Aurora as an ideal candidate for assault isn't the stuff of dreams. Then you have boarding. What you're supposed to board and what you can do having accomplished that goal with a Cutlass is anyones guess.

All in all the descriptions represented what many would consider the nadir of the Cutlass saga and a real doubling down of assigning a vehicle to a series of gameplay ambitions that may be terrible at the cost of the vessel's original advertised role. But, yeah, it does seem like the Cutlass is meant to hang back behind people who perform the actual combat work and then pick up the cargo.

It also doesn't really matter. But CIG dedicating stuff to things that probably aren't going to be fun is weird. I'm never sure who's calling the shots there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I had a good conversation with Calix about the Cutlass. It's basically a "loving about" ship designed for small groups and whatnot.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I had a good conversation with Calix about the Cutlass. It's basically a "loving about" ship designed for small groups and whatnot.

I'm conflicted about a ship descried as a "lets see what trouble I get into today" kind of ship that has a specific window in which it's intended to operate.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

If donald trump repeals the 14th amendment will I still be a star citizen?

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW
So what's everybody naming their ships? Here's my ideas so far:
  • Mustang: Sally
  • P-52 Merlin: Hitachi Magic Wand
  • Super Hornet: A Better Mousetrap
  • Starfarer Gemini: Tor Pedo Bait
  • Redeemer: Bite the Pillow
  • Caterpillar: Goin in Dry Awkward Boner
  • Merchantman: Seems Legit
  • Reclaimer: Pubbie Donation Processing
  • Endeavor: Fat Pink Mast (ship will obv be pink; currently this ship exists as a Carrack awaiting melt day)
  • Javelin Destroyer: Problem Child

Seraph84 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 22, 2015

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

can I be a dual citizen to an actually cool place like canada?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Seraph84 posted:

So what's everybody naming their ships? Here's my ideas so far:
  • Mustang: Sally
  • P-52 Merlin: Hitachi Magic Wand
  • Super Hornet: A Better Mousetrap
  • Starfarer Gemini: Tor Pedo Bait
  • Redeemer: Bite the Pillow
  • Caterpillar: Goin in Dry
  • Merchantman: Seems Legit
  • Reclaimer: Pubbie Donation Processing
  • Endeavor: Fat Pink Mast (ship will obv be pink; currently this ship exists as a Carrack awaiting melt day)
  • Javelin Destroyer: Problem Child

I'm going to name mine Desperately trying to fit in .

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

DancingShade posted:

I'm going to name mine Desperately trying to fit in .
We both know you're lying and the real name will be Awkward Boner. In fact, I like that better for my caterpillar, I'm taking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly if they just described their "fuel" plans for each ship, then the Cutlass could probably be seen as more advantageous. Keep the Hornet to inner-system/short-range and they'll be less likely to confront a fringe space craft like a Cutlass.

Otherwise a Hornet and a Freelancer is going to be the ultimate set-up for kill+loot.

• Locked thread