Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
LOW EFFORT MEMES SNIPE BABY WOOOOO

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
feels like there has been an exponential increase in performative post game workouts in the covid era, someone get Hollinger to do something useful with his time and investigate this instead of getting mad every time a player gets a raise.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Tweet Dad Update:

https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/1346343857798037504

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Doltos posted:

He has amazing work ethic in everything that's not his kids' upbringing

Dwight will never love basketball (or his kids) as much as he loves giant snakes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/synergysst/status/1346498886605688833?s=21

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Look at that league average defense by the youngings

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I spent a good two minutes looking for the Hornets

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

the cavs are going to crater, and they're going to crater hard

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Time posted:

Nice to see Dwight Howard stealing the jimmy butler playbook of doing performative poo poo so people will talk about how hard you work

MourningView posted:

feels like there has been an exponential increase in performative post game workouts in the covid era, someone get Hollinger to do something useful with his time and investigate this instead of getting mad every time a player gets a raise.

D'lo has been doing this (getting shots up in an empty arena) after pretty much every game and if I roll my eyes any harder at it I'm gonna go blind.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

What's the book on Pritchard? Watching the highlights from the Raptors game that make him look like a really good PnR ball handler already, but I don't know much about him.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

morestuff posted:

I spent a good two minutes looking for the Hornets

Are they hiding behind Memphis logo? :lol: sweet graph

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tj McConnell with a better shot

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

MourningView posted:

From The Athletic:

quote:

Postgame propaganda

Postgame shooting in the arena isn’t a new thing in the NBA. While we may not remember an instance of a tough loss followed by our favorite team or player heading back to the court to get some work in, it happens. It happens a lot. But it often happens in a manner that isn’t so publicized. In the first two weeks of the season, that isn’t the case at all. We’ve had at least three cases early in which we’re getting social media posts about players going back to work on some things with a lingering media audience.

In a way, it’s kind of brilliant propaganda and marketing. Fans eat it up. Media covering the team eat it up. And it often distracts from a recent failure to smooth over a tough night, intentional or not. It makes sense for it to happen more this season. With the pandemic and certain restrictions, the players can’t just finish the game, go get dressed and head out for a night on the town. But we need to make sure those shots are filmed and people know they work on their game even after the game is over.
It's a lot more than three cases now.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

So a future hall of famer, wow

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bench players traditionally play a 3 on 3 or more game after the game for exercise etcetera

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I like to imagine pelicans reporter Mason Ginsberg as Ginsberg from Mad Men. Coming up with baroque insights in the journalists' lounge in Smoothie King Centre downtown Mardi Gras USA

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

According to the gossip columns, TJ Mconnell has a micropenis. It fits with his far below average hand size. I feel bad for him but you can't say he's not living life to its fullest.

source:https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2021/01/blind-items-revealed-4_4.html#disqus_thread

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Rooster Brooster posted:

I'm kind of in awe that this was the end of a 20 year streak of this poster not getting probated.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

hand knit does not tolerate impact font memes or derails, let it be known

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I still can't believe how cheaply they got him for

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

big boi posted:

What's the book on Pritchard? Watching the highlights from the Raptors game that make him look like a really good PnR ball handler already, but I don't know much about him.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doltos posted:

He has amazing work ethic in everything that's not his kids' upbringing

I know it’s great.

triple sulk posted:

I still can't believe how cheaply they got him for

Yeah, it’s like the cosmic inverse of price and talent with Horford.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 5, 2021

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

where'd you get a pic of me in the midst of my vinegar stroke

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

going back at 3am for more olives

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

kingcobweb posted:

From The Athletic:

It's a lot more than three cases now.

Lol I knew it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Katana_Warrior posted:

the cavs are going to crater, and they're going to crater hard

They're missing half the roster right now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yoshi Wins posted:

I'm kind of in awe that this was the end of a 20 year streak of this poster not getting probated.

I'm terrified of what stupid thing is going to do me in

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
people are overrating pritchard because the reaction to him getting drafted was so harsh and it turns out he is probably an okay bench guard. they still should have drafted bane

also celtics fans love him for being a white guy and/or because he used to have a funny twitter handle (FastPP).

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
this is making me ill
Spurs need another one year tank job, but I guess they'll be pretty bad anyway and with how lottery odds are now they'll be in the running regardless

real bummer about Derrick White reinjuring that toe just as he was finally back too....\

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Free the lurker, the meme stunk but we could have just made it fun of him instead

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Free the lurker, the meme stunk but we could have just made it fun of him instead

MourningView posted:

people are overrating pritchard because the reaction to him getting drafted was so harsh and it turns out he is probably an okay bench guard. they still should have drafted bane

also celtics fans love him for being a white guy and/or because he used to have a funny twitter handle (FastPP).

WCT freaks jumped on Cosmis for being down on fastpp and the pick

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

I gave up my clean rap sheet for a collectable coin, dunno if that counts

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

:hmmyes:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rooster Brooster posted:

Free Rooster

I've never felt so personally seen by a post.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

WhyteRyce posted:

I can hit you with one, to break the account in or something

euphronius posted:

I love watching McConnell but he as ZERO shot, so "better" isn't a very high bar.

Isn't better McConnell just prime Dellavedova?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tj can hit 3s if he gets 5 minutes to prepare

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

euphronius posted:

Tj can hit 3s if he gets 5 minutes to prepare

A TJ 3 point play is driving on a layup, then stealing the inbounds pass and making a 2nd layup.

It's worth 4, that's just advanced stats

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Athanatos posted:

I can hit you with one, to break the account in or something

I love watching McConnell but he as ZERO shot, so "better" isn't a very high bar.

Isn't better McConnell just prime Dellavedova?

Prime delly was a defensive guard that basically could only throw lobs, make floaters, or hit open 3s off LeBron passes.

Also he chugged coffee before every game

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

this is making me ill
Spurs need another one year tank job, but I guess they'll be pretty bad anyway and with how lottery odds are now they'll be in the running regardless

real bummer about Derrick White reinjuring that toe just as he was finally back too....\

i’d just really like to get derozan and aldridge off the books, watching them play is a huge bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

also if you’re not getting probes then you aren’t taking risks imo