Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings taking Baldwin at #13 and probably trying to package whatever they can to get Valentine. Not the worst result for us I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

Except it's maybe not because there's a HUGE problem with African "teenagers" having their ages faked in other sports, especially soccer.

There's no evidence of Maker having faked his age beyond scouts whispering about it

I know it happens (there was a dude in Canada pretty recently) but it's a dick move to accuse someone of it without evidence

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Why would Minnesota not trade Lavine and #5 for Jimmy Butler?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Adam Silver looks like he's about to tell me that the death star is quite operational

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Metapod posted:

Solid pick Toronto

ya I like this pick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

"i don't know how much you kids love the analytics"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

chunkles posted:

pretty hosed up of the raptors to draft the evil scientist yacub who, 6000 years ago, created the white devil race

Hahaha

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The big problem with all those dudes is that they're not just satisfied with posing as a high schooler so then they gotta go gently caress a 14-15 year old somewhere along the line.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
can he actually play pf?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
preparing myself to meet my Maker :(

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sabonis is a Magic.

I assume he's a big?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Idiot Kicker posted:

The Kings probably just want a fuckload of guards to whittle down, since Rondo is Rondo, Collison is off being a criminal, and Belinelli is likely gone.

Marco is gone man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings taking Baldwin at #13 and probably trying to package whatever they can to get Valentine. Not the worst result for us I guess

Especially since Cousins has the ball so much. As long as he doesn't have to actually lead an offense, he should at least be a rotation player. Even though he has absurdly long arms and can't loving finish to save his life.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chunkles posted:

pretty hosed up of the raptors to draft the evil scientist yacub who, 6000 years ago, created the white devil race

I thank him every day for giving me life so that I could use it to oppress smelly minorities.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MourningView posted:

Here's hoping Jakob is good enough that I eventually remember how to spell his last name

Poeltl the Toeltl

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

WhyteRyce posted:

Just take Valentine at 13 and save the Bulls from themselves, thanks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Bucks are gonna be so good when Pop is named commissioner and outlaws the three point shot.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

Maker and creator of the devil... swine merchant...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't know who the magic are gonna pick, but he probably won't be able to shoot.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

There's no evidence of Maker having faked his age beyond scouts whispering about it

I know it happens (there was a dude in Canada pretty recently) but it's a dick move to accuse someone of it without evidence
shabazz muhammad did it! so maybe its the ol usa who needs to check their records

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Thon then Sabonis 10 and 11? Wow.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I can't imagine that was the offer on the table. poo poo gets tweeted out that's totally BS every year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm pleased. Yeah I wanted Knight but a shooting big is good and picking up an extra pick isn't terrible in this draft. I like some of the guys at the end of the first

I think Vlade has a decent chance to talk him into coming down too since it came out today he said he wasn't going to come out this year to the Suns.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

I know it's a dick move but it's kind of like Dominican baseball players, where it was such a pervasive issue that they were generally just presumed to be older than they were and MLB teams did due diligence to make sure that the guys they were signing were actually the age they said they were.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

Sabonis is a Magic.

I assume he's a big?

Less big than his dad but yes he is a very large strong man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jacub looks like my childhood best friend, Chad

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Marco is gone man

Okay, so yes, let's guard up and see what pans out, and no that is not a Gold Country pun.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Holy cow the Suns are having a hell of a day. I was hoping for Bender or Chriss, but both- wow! One pick and roll guy, one pick and pop guy, nice. I was thinking the Suns traded 13 and Bledsoe or Knight for #8, but to keep them both and get the #8 is crazy. Seems like an awful trade for Sacramento, I don't understand it for them at all.

Suns really have a nice core now and can still likely move Knight or Bledsoe at some point this year for further assists.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Poeltl Package

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/DidTheSixersWin/status/746129530335662082

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I can't believe the Bucks are going to pass Deyonta Davis for Thon Maker. I guess it makes sense from a total upside perspective, but that might look terrible in 3 years

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hahaha apparently Thon is going to the Bucks because Hammond wants him while Kidd wants Dejounte Murray instead (David Aldridge)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Vertical are saying the Bucks took Thon Maker only because Jason Kidd has the same agent as him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Larry Sanders is going to come back and sign with Detroit :(:(

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

shabazz muhammad did it! so maybe its the ol usa who needs to check their records

To be fair his dad also lied to him so Shabazz was just a sweet ignorant giant

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
theres no goddamn way poeltl plays any real minutes at pf.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
well, thon maker will advance that average age by a few years

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

It's a problem in Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, the Caribbean, and the U.S.A. in every sport.

There's a whole lot of Shabazz Muhammeds out there on the high school and college level.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

The Vertical are saying the Bucks took Thon Maker only because Jason Kidd has the same agent as him

Oh god drat it, don't ruin the Bucks. Remember how bad the CAA only Knicks experiment went?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why wouldn't Milwaukee trade down if Thon Maker was the guy they really wanted?

• Locked thread