Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ah poo poo, I thought groove reset daily. I'm gonna have to alter some plans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
One of the issues I’m seeing with the Panda fights- and this may just be a new content/item level thing- is they’re pretty beefy HP wise. Fights take longer so they cycle through their poo poo more which makes things problematic.

Also the third circle has the problem of everything being blindingly bright and similarly colored.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They all last about 6-7 minutes in my logs. That doesn't seem too long to me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did the EX 5 times tonight, very cool fight IMO. Gets real chaotic at points but I always enjoy aoe dancing so it was fun. Weapons are kinda meh looking but whatever.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the base weapons.

I am looking forward to what the glowy versions will look like in about 2-3 years when those finally get added, though. I'm really interested in what they decide to do with them. Will it be hair or wind based? I'm assuming since the base weapons are wind the special effects will be too, but I'm curious how it would look if they choose hair instead.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I was a bit worried after running the new dungeon a couple of times. I mean it was fun but with actual people felt kinda undertuned. Then I ran the new trial. Fight was really fun and took us a few tries. I did not expect "Hair Based Muscle Suit" going in, that is for sure.

I actually kind of want to do the EX for this. I am not much up for the hard content in this game but the base fight was so good that it make me want to give it a spin.

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!
I spent some time setting up a portrait for one of my gear sets. Is there a way to copy that portrait to the one used in my adventure plate? Or do I have to just edit that one separately?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Vinigre posted:

I spent some time setting up a portrait for one of my gear sets. Is there a way to copy that portrait to the one used in my adventure plate? Or do I have to just edit that one separately?

The lack of import options for the adventure plate portrait seems to be a common complaint. Imagine it's an oversight they'll fix, but who knows when.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did the EX 5 times tonight, very cool fight IMO. Gets real chaotic at points but I always enjoy aoe dancing so it was fun. Weapons are kinda meh looking but whatever.

It's not a very complex fight, in fact there are only like 3 big mechanics, but they all happen very quickly.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
doing extreme trials blind is truly the most fun to be had in this game. shame they only come once every four months

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

cheetah7071 posted:

doing extreme trials blind is truly the most fun to be had in this game. shame they only come once every four months

Hear hear

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought the Omega quest was gonna lead up to the Omicron tribe but I guess not. I really liked it in any case.

But anyway, they should have titled this patch "Tataru's Ascendancy"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cheetah7071 posted:

If you want more of that feeling you need to find a static willing to do savages completely blind. That's the good stuff.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Do you get more space in the pasture at higher ranks or it is just 10?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zeruel posted:

Do you get more space in the pasture at higher ranks or it is just 10?

Island Sanctuary mechanics spoiler -

Pasture - you start with 5 animals, upgrade to 10 total at rank 5, and upgrade to 20 total rank 7
Farm - you start with one plot set, upgrade to 2 plot sets total at rank 5, and then 4 plot sets total at rank 7

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Do you end up with space for max granaries/workshops, or do you always have to pick?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Bruceski posted:

Do you end up with space for max granaries/workshops, or do you always have to pick?

You start with 2 plots (build two workshops). At rank 5, you unlock two more spots and granaries. You can build 1 more workshop and a granary or 2 granaries. At rank 7, you unlock another spot for the last thing you haven't built.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SirSamVimes posted:

If you want more of that feeling you need to find a static willing to do savages completely blind. That's the good stuff.

im sure i could find willing people, the issue is my own stamina lol. I don't think I can put up with 12+ weeks of prog (or raiding 12+ hours a week)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought the Omega quest was gonna lead up to the Omicron tribe but I guess not. I really liked it in any case.

But anyway, they should have titled this patch "Tataru's Ascendancy"

I mean that's more or less the last three expansions

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Thoughts on the new patch:

The music in the new normal raids is really good, especially like the rehashed themes in P8.

The revamped HW dungeons are also pretty neat. One thing to note. If you've got a swoled up squadron they do the updated dungeons and the bosses will target them with mechs now despite them still functionally ignoring them. Cut my vault runs in half using them instead of the duty support roster just cause of the damage difference.

Also a weird thing, it seems like your duty support roster guys cheat a bit cause their damage is piss poor. To compensate, the noteworthy npcs in each of them seems to have an execute or a very high damage ability that can like kill a mob from half health. They still don't aoe for crap though.

I had to gear up my SMN and to do so I just did Troia a bunch. Each trust run gives a bunch of tomestones so it's kind of an easy way to keep up with those if you don't want to wait on queues or play at odd hours.

Edit: I haven't touched island sanctuary yet cause I've still got classes to level and it will likely devour me.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 26, 2022

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

bobtheconqueror posted:

Thoughts on the new patch:

The music in the new normal raids is really good, especially like the rehashed themes in P8.

The revamped HW dungeons are also pretty neat. One thing to note. If you've got a swoled up squadron they do the updated dungeons and the bosses will target them with mechs now despite them still functionally ignoring them. Cut my vault runs in half using them instead of the duty support roster just cause of the damage difference.

Also a weird thing, it seems like your duty support roster guys cheat a bit cause their damage is piss poor. To compensate, the noteworthy npcs in each of them seems to have an execute or a very high damage ability that can like kill a mob from half health. They still don't aoe for crap though.

I had to gear up my SMN and to do so I just did Troia a bunch. Each trust run gives a bunch of tomestones so it's kind of an easy way to keep up with those if you don't want to wait on queues or play at odd hours.

Edit: I haven't touched island sanctuary yet cause I've still got classes to level and it will likely devour me.

Yeah that's been a thing since ShB duties.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I don't know what it was, but the 7th circle seemed like such a slog. I went in blind as AST, and I think I cast more rez's than heals. We wiped twice, once because I hosed up a knockback during the fruit and I was apparently doing 80% of the rezing so everyone died right after me, and the other was when a bunch of people died at once. We finally completed it when we lasted long enough for me to LB3 the group back up.

I didn't think there was anything really difficult about the fight though. Seems like all the mechanics are pretty intuitive, nothing is really hard to do. You get plenty of time to reposition for the fruits, the fist attacks are pretty generous with the telegraph and don't generally 1-shot people anyway, and you have plenty of time to avoid the push attack. The marching AoEs are easy to dodge and don't hit too hard. Its kinda like E4N where you can just keep rezing and rezing and rezing, the fight doesn't get very complicated and there's no enrage or anything.

Maybe its because there is so much movement that people just stop dpsing or can't dps while moving, despite the fact that the entire fight takes place inside the boss's hitbox.

All the fights this tier were pretty interesting though, going in blind was pretty easy because the bosses are so good at introducing their mechanics. Once I figured out what the debuff on the 6th circle did I never hosed it up again, and I was immediately able to figure out the mechanic where the AoEs switch places.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
It’s because everyone kept dying, OP. Weakness and brink of death are ROUGH.

But yeah, the paradigm of duty finder content is that any random group can clear even if it needs perseverance. Even if that looks like the healer dragging everyone’s half dead bodies over the finish line.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hunter Noventa posted:

Yeah that's been a thing since ShB duties.

Specifically, they're all designed to complete a dungeon within about half an hour, and will subtly tweak their damage output or crack out some instakills to do so.

I beleive even outside of that, Urianger's combat script is that he outright has a Death spell, but only uses it on enemies near-death anyway. Which is a very Urianger thing to do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Specifically, they're all designed to complete a dungeon within about half an hour, and will subtly tweak their damage output or crack out some instakills to do so.

I beleive even outside of that, Urianger's combat script is that he outright has a Death spell, but only uses it on enemies near-death anyway. Which is a very Urianger thing to do.

I don't know of it is programmed that way or not but I think player Death has a higher chance og success the lower HP an enemy is

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

You can do Malikah's Well in like 22 minutes easily with trusts, people exaggerate the 30 minute thing.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Cleretic posted:

Yeah I did know that, I just don't think they had those in the duty support stuff for 50 and below. I will say it's MUCH more noticeable here than like Urianger's death spell. I think that is like a 20% or lower execute but for real some of these guys are killing mobs at half health.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Martman posted:

You can do Malikah's Well in like 22 minutes easily with trusts, people exaggerate the 30 minute thing.

22 minutes is still a long time compared to a player party. I don't attempt to wall pull with trusts so that's probably a part of why my average is right about 25 minutes.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Mordiceius posted:

Island Sanctuary mechanics spoiler -

Pasture - you start with 5 animals, upgrade to 10 total at rank 5, and upgrade to 20 total rank 7
Farm - you start with one plot set, upgrade to 2 plot sets total at rank 5, and then 4 plot sets total at rank 7

I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure I upgraded my cozy cabin to level 2 at rank 4 and the option to expand my farm plots/pastures became available before I hit rank 5

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

M.c.P posted:

It’s because everyone kept dying, OP. Weakness and brink of death are ROUGH.

But yeah, the paradigm of duty finder content is that any random group can clear even if it needs perseverance. Even if that looks like the healer dragging everyone’s half dead bodies over the finish line.

Something about the way it reaches its limbs out to telegraph near or far hits kept catching me unaware. I just couldn't tell the difference between the two well enough.

Kinda same with ex4, I'm getting better at reading body position but it's a fight where I've had to turn off all battle effects. They obscure the boss into unreadibility.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm upgrading my granaries and workshops to lvl 3 now, but I am still not sure if that does anything except for giving me a little bit of xp and changing the cosmetics of the building. Everything is so obfuscated and there aren't any tooltips or appendix entries so I assume they don't actually do anything lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

THF13 posted:

I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure I upgraded my cozy cabin to level 2 at rank 4 and the option to expand my farm plots/pastures became available before I hit rank 5

Maybe you’re right and it is 4, not 5. This week has been a drat blur.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

SettingSun posted:

22 minutes is still a long time compared to a player party. I don't attempt to wall pull with trusts so that's probably a part of why my average is right about 25 minutes.

It's difficult due to the healers being meh. Urianger can do it, but with ShB Alphi's cheap knockoff scholar it's a death sentence.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe you’re right and it is 4, not 5. This week has been a drat blur.

For the cabin at least it is 4. Believe me I upgraded that thing asap lol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got my EX4 weapon. Fun fight, has the right sort of manic energy to it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

6.2 might be one of my favorite MSQ patches ever. It may not have the super high highs of some other patches but it is just super loving solid the entire way through.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Got a pretty sweet caster hat from the new dungeon, unfortunately the last three chests dropped materia and ninja pants

also it's not dyeable

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chillgamesh posted:

also it's not dyeable

Into the trash it goes.

STOP. MAKING. NON. DYEABLE. GEAR. :argh:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Oh that gear will absolutely be dyeable....later when they rerelease it as another set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Glamposting!

Work in progress, I need more PVP to get really stupid with the steampunk pieces. Also I'm getting better with gpose and learning to use Explorer Mode for cool backdrops.

Look at those ridiculous gloves, I'm not even upset I can't see my rings.

Fake e: Pretty sure they're just dyeable versions of the 60 gear from Idyllshire (Haven't gotten there yet, I haven't even seen multiple cutscenes play in sequence, but I'm wearing wolf mark 60s already), but I'm fine with that.