Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
They're making another Smile movie, yeah it's called Smile 2. Watch the trailer for a very out of place boink sound effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy7kaI3GKzo

Carpet fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Carpet posted:

They're making another Smile movie, yeah it's called Smile 2. Watch the trailer for a very out of place boink sound effect.

Great, can't wait for more creepy smile people showing up at MLB games.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Smil3
Smile 4 the Camera
5mile

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
What are they gonna call the eighth one?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jewmanji posted:

What are they gonna call the eighth one?

Smiiiiiiiile

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Carpet posted:

Man, I know this kind of thing is expected in this genre but what a lame way to reveal that the survivor from the last film dies.

Weirdly, the trailer reminds me a lot of I Hate Suzie Too.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Lobok posted:

Smiiiiiiiile

I was making an 8 mile joke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jewmanji posted:

I was making an 8 mile joke

Yes, and I was making a spider joke.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

8)

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
8 mile is almost a quarter century old, my god. Gonna catch it on TCM.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

CelticPredator posted:

lol y’all gotta look at what you’re commenting on.

:wrong:

I think people should look at what they are commenting on

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Weka posted:

:wrong:

I think people should look at what they are commenting on

that's what I said

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I'm interested in Jen Kirkman talking about Louis because she broke it on her podcast and kinda started metoo, but deleted it and refused to talk about it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Didn't she kinda lose her poo poo during the 2016 campaign? I remember alot of weird rear end posts around that time.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Shageletic posted:

Didn't she kinda lose her poo poo during the 2016 campaign? I remember alot of weird rear end posts around that time.

Think she is a clinically crazy person which makes her easily discretitable and why she backed off going after sex crimes to keep her jobs, unfortunately she was very right and it was a thing she couldn't put the brakes on

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 19, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Carpet posted:

Shouldn't it be called Smiles?

Smile$

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That implies we will get Smil3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Smile Origins: Joke

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/domdip321/status/1804139495844925524

Nosferatu trailer because nobody is going to see The Bikeriders

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tim Whatley posted:

https://twitter.com/domdip321/status/1804139495844925524

Nosferatu trailer because nobody is going to see The Bikeriders

what the heck

I clicked through and it seems legit, but I don't want to watch such a low quality version because I'm a huge Eggers fan :ohdear:

I think the trailer is supposed to be posted this weekend.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
True Eggheads will go see a bad movie just to catch the trailer on a big screen.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I dislike that I watched it in that quality first, but I like that I watched it because it looks dope as hell

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Bikeriders did always look mid but gently caress it, 3.5 average on letterboxd and I've got moviepass, what's the worst that could happen

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Well it's gone now.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Bikeriders did always look mid but gently caress it, 3.5 average on letterboxd and I've got moviepass, what's the worst that could happen

it looks pretty stupid but i am slightly more interested since learning it's a Jeff Nichols movie, he had a neat little run from 2011-2016

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
The Bikeriders is one of the worst titles I’ve seen in a while. It conjures images of a gang of teens riding bicycles. I know it’s dumb but I’m having serious issues overcoming the name, though I also don’t care about biker gangs and can’t stand the reifying of James Dean.

But that’s me, I’ve never liked the 50s-60s motorcycle mythology. I still get a little mad at the song Leader of the Pack and it’s weird death drive energy so I may be an outlier on this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Well it's gone now.

It looks like a good film. Looking forward to seeing it in Dec and not thinking about it until then lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It looks like a good film. Looking forward to seeing it in Dec and not thinking about it until then lol

Well I'll look forward to seeing the trailer when it's uploaded in a quality format.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it will probably generate 10-12 domestic opening and that's fine

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I wish I had enjoyed The Northman more, but hey when producers get too involved things often go awry. Many such cases in film history, some of which were rectified much later. In general though the casting in that film just didn't work for me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wish I had enjoyed The Northman more, but hey when producers get too involved things often go awry. Many such cases in film history, some of which were rectified much later. In general though the casting in that film just didn't work for me.

i generally really like alexander skarsgård but he didnt entirely work for me in the northman. he was alright, but no more. but imo all the rest of the cast were good or fantastic

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

What was the interference in that film?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Enderzero posted:

The Bikeriders is one of the worst titles I’ve seen in a while. It conjures images of a gang of teens riding bicycles.

I’d see that movie. Kid gang flicks are awesome.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm the same way with The Northman. I just liked it okay.

But I have rewatched The Lighthouse an unhealthy number of times.

And of course, The Witch still kicks all kinds of rear end.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I liked The Northman enough at the time, but I think I like it more as I reflect on it. I don't think I'll be watching it again anytime soon, but I really like its depiction of the world at that time. It has a bit of that Hyborian Age feel to it, where the lines between history and myth blur and the world feels just a bit fantastical. The bit where he finds the sword felt like it was quoting Conan the Barbarian in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

What was the interference in that film?

It was a really expensive film and Eggers didn't have final cut. Even so, he played along and took the blame when it didn't perform.