Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Samizdata posted:

Oooooooooo, CIG discovered ROCKS! Wow! I need another Idris!

grab one for me too bruh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I scrubbed through the dumb video for a timestamp. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=334s

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why the gently caress are they spending so much time making planets pretty when they can't even get 24 people to inhabit one server and there are ships that people have been waiting years for.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why the gently caress are they spending so much time making planets pretty when they can't even get 24 people to inhabit one server and there are ships that people have been waiting years for.

To sell JPEGs to idiots. If they had to make something substantial, CIG would be hosed.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well you see they hit the stretch goal for investing in procedural generation to make the game better after launch, but for CIG time is a sweet mobius strip, so the future is right now and right now is DREAMS or something I don't know.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

It sank in a long time ago.
It's been quietly decomposing on the bottom.

:golfclap:

orcinus posted:

I wonder what Ben's thanksgiving dinner looks like.

See previous quoted text.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Does nobody eat sweet potatoes around here? Butter and brown sugar are like standard...

I like sweet potato chips. I like sweet potato fries. I do NOT like sweet potatoes for dessert. (Although I have had some lovely sweet potato pie.)

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

ArfJason posted:

haha hell loving yeah, lets take it easy and kick are feet. wanna hit up the bar then find the address of S_Citizenxfirefly and beat him up for hitting the "your name on a piece of equipment" tier? lol

I find your avatar disturbing and upsetting. Please change it. :ohdear:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone, hope youre all having a light hearted, emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents and relatives wherever possible, they love and care about you

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

Lets all laugh at Derek (not so)Smart ep 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgRglawUZSE

I really want to figure out what that British text to speech tool is. Same thing that Citizen with the gas mask uses.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

Wow it looks even worse than the gif led me to believe.

I love the shadows freaking out and the textures popping in/out on the mining pit though, A+

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope youre all having a light hearted, emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents and relatives wherever possible, they love and care about you

Look, Jesus walking tree dude, it is Thanksgiving. When else WOULD I hang with the fam?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The absolute worst thing about Star Citizen is that I get a whole bunch of YouTube recommendations because I watch the stupid poo poo posted here.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Funny how suggesting that doxxing people might be bad is met with derision and mockery...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

starkebn posted:

The absolute worst thing about Star Citizen is that I get a whole bunch of YouTube recommendations because I watch the stupid poo poo posted here.

I was just going to say the same thing, every-time I click a youtube video I get at least one SC recommended hit afterwards.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I like how he's like "Well, hopefully next time there will actually be something to show you Goodbye now!"

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Chin posted:

It's not every day you get to see an obvious scam disaster with a literal cult following pouring tens of millions of dollars into an incinerator as it crashes in slow motion. Star Citizen is a special thing.

Scientology.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I took the MOMA Plunge and risked some money recently and got some awesome games. I guess I just got lucky though :shrug?:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I posted:

its thanksgiving. if you dont see your parents you're a lovely person.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D1E posted:

Meh, nothing.

I just think he's a vainglorious boastful douche who creates shittastic video games, desperately craves attention, and demands credit for anything negative associated with Star Citizen. He has taken content from this thread since its inception to post uncredited on his blogs.

It takes a pretty pathetic Internet Warlord to say "I'll show those uppity goons! I'll start my own forums and they'll be THE BEST!" and then just lurk and copy/paste from this thread into new posts on his own website.

Like him or not, these are all obvious facts.

I would respect him more as a man if he owned up to having hosed up and just moved on. But that's one of his character flaws: Derek Smart is always right.

It's also hilarious.

Derek is one step above a sub-reddit, basically.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

C U i t V!

(or not)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

C U i t V!

(or not)

cuck u in the verse?

sounds about right for chris roberts.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

starkebn posted:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I'm guessing you don't need credentials to get the doctor tag on reddit.

"Careful with asking people to actually solve science and especially medicine related problems. We invented nerve gas by working on a simple pesticide. If you can improve a patient's condition, you can make it worse. If you can make it worse, you can do so deliberately.

Some of our best experiments that have opened a world of knowledge to us are ones like the Stanford Prison tests. Significant progress can come with having to look inward at the darkest reflections of the most private, villainous thoughts you hide from the rest of the world and pretend arn't there.

If you want to cure cancer, someone's going to get a variant to mutate it out of control to rapidly kill the patient instead of save them.

But if you're at peace with the devil within.. maybe that's worthwhile. Exitus Acta Probat, after all = )"

https://m.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5ere1q/rgameswatchdog_a_new_subreddit_for_discussing/daeqva0/?context=3&compact=true

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

VealCutlet posted:

I see you don't live in Australia

He mentioned polite company...

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ArfJason posted:

Funny how suggesting that doxxing people might be bad is met with derision and mockery...

Doxxing is bad. It's even worse than your posting. And that's an achievement.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Doxxing is bad. It's even worse than your posting. And that's an achievement.

Really weird how everyone critical of this thread or the people who post in it are terrible posters. I mean if it were me, I'd take stock of the fact that there was enthusiastic and prolonged mock-outrage conversations about not liking pizza and the pronunciation of the dotgif file extension for computers. If I was some sort of authority on humour I'd place that somewhere between the proverbial 'lowest form of humour' - puns (which this thread, and reddit, enjoys), and the *holds up spork* thing. If you don't consider that terrible, you're probably not in a position to judge the value of written entertainment, or basically anything.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Marching Powder posted:

Really weird how everyone critical of this thread or the people who post in it are terrible posters. I mean if it were me, I'd take stock of the fact that there was enthusiastic and prolonged mock-outrage conversations about not liking pizza and the pronunciation of the dotgif file extension for computers. If I was some sort of authority on humour I'd place that somewhere between the proverbial 'lowest form of humour' - puns (which this thread, and reddit, enjoys), and the *holds up spork* thing. If you don't consider that terrible, you're probably not in a position to judge the value of written entertainment, or basically anything.

LOL look at these words. So full of care.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Catching up on this latest ATV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=635s

Vaulting, cover and mantling, apparently in 2.6, but couldn't be shown a week ago on the anniversary stream, yep, I'm sure it is buddy.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I like Marching Powder, he cares about this thread and wants it to be better.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Goobs posted:

Scientology.
SC is like a modern day Scientology where you get to watch L. Ron Hubbard flail his arms around on Youtube and the inevitable final act is going to come within months not decades.

I wonder if any of the Citcon volunteers did any volunteering on Chris' yacht?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Spermanent Record posted:

LOL look at these words. So full of care.

god drat. not only do i care, and am mad, but i have to put up with this own. this is NOT my day.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Marching Powder posted:

god drat. not only do i care, and am mad, but i have to put up with this own. this is NOT my day.

It's ok, Marching Powder. I hope you have a nice day with your family.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov posted:

This part somehow triggered me. Is the "artist" / gamedev / level designer / procgen master moving the rotation / axis of the planet, or are they moving the sun / lightsource?

If that's happening "artistically" how the heck is everything supposed to be proc-gen?

:supaburn:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Romes128 posted:

cuck u in the verse?

sounds about right for chris roberts.

I am single as poo poo, and I sure wouldn't gently caress Sandi with Derek's dick. (You're welcome, Uncle Derek.)

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

DogonCrook posted:

I'm guessing you don't need credentials to get the doctor tag on reddit.

"Careful with asking people to actually solve science and especially medicine related problems. We invented nerve gas by working on a simple pesticide. If you can improve a patient's condition, you can make it worse. If you can make it worse, you can do so deliberately.

Some of our best experiments that have opened a world of knowledge to us are ones like the Stanford Prison tests. Significant progress can come with having to look inward at the darkest reflections of the most private, villainous thoughts you hide from the rest of the world and pretend arn't there.

If you want to cure cancer, someone's going to get a variant to mutate it out of control to rapidly kill the patient instead of save them.

But if you're at peace with the devil within.. maybe that's worthwhile. Exitus Acta Probat, after all = )"

https://m.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5ere1q/rgameswatchdog_a_new_subreddit_for_discussing/daeqva0/?context=3&compact=true

>Stanford

IF I HEAR ABOUT THAT GODDAMN DOCTORED POS 'EXPERIMENT' ONE MORE TIME I'LL probablly get really impotently angry again as I always do.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

look those were just estimates, you obviously don't understand game development

moma will let us know when he gets his evocati invite sometime within the next 2 days

Not caught up yet, but did he claim you were wrong because he only checked his mail 3 days from this post?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAsses posted:

He said he was going to a federal building. I just helped him clarify which one. .

Not creepy whatsoever, dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Samizdata posted:

I really want to figure out what that British text to speech tool is. Same thing that Citizen with the gas mask uses.
You should get a hold of Rhiload (http://www.youtube.com/user/airforcelol/featured), he does a lot of hilarious EVE videos using that exact same thing.

• Locked thread