Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Skeezy posted:

I bought the Waddle Dee Amiibo and it's cute.

Waddle Dee is the best non-Kirby Kirby character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Man, Paper Jam is fun but its pace is so obnoxious. It seems like every 3 steps someone's stopping me to deliver exposition about something I already know or explain how to do something that's clearly obvious from the level design and abilities I already have. The fact that they gave dialogue a fast forward button shows they realized this was an issue, but it doesn't exactly solve it. Superstar Saga was so snappy compared to this. I just don't understand who is pushing for all this white noise overload in these Nintendo games.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxcxVc29O8

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Hoping to get this Amiibo one day.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why isn't there a Kirby themed dating sim?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

PS+ is very hit/miss for the PS4 games. Some months you get a AAA sports game and Gone Home or Rocket League or Transistor. Other times you get some indie arena shooter that is buggy and no one plays. It's historically been really good for PS3 though.

Do you get to keep games you've already downloaded when your subscription lapses? I've been hearing conflicting reports on this matter.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lizard Wizard posted:

Do you get to keep games you've already downloaded when your subscription lapses? I've been hearing conflicting reports on this matter.

Your PS+ library is permanent but you only have it while you're paying for PS+.

So say you go monthly, download stuff for January, skip February and don't pay for it, then resub and download the stuff for March. You won't have any PS+ games in February but you'll get your January ones back when you resub in March.

E: If it lapses, stuff you downloaded isn't deleted but it won't launch either.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 11, 2016

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PBS Newshour posted:

Why isn't there a Kirby themed dating sim?
Because it would have the worst possible audience.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Scalding Coffee posted:

Because it would have the worst possible audience.

What, the entire world? Everyone wants to date King Dedede.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/status/741296085801402371

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sony had Shenmue 3 and the FF7 remake at their conference last year.

They literally made peoples gaming dreams come true.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

spudsbuckley posted:

Sony isn't behind Shenmue 3. :ssh:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
wait for the twist ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGLimRJG3k&t=182s

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Rexroom posted:

Sony isn't behind Shenmue 3. :ssh:

It was at their conference and it's a PS4 console exclusive.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

spudsbuckley posted:

You say that, but FF7 is going to be an episodic title and Shenmue 3 didn't get enough in its Kickstarter for all the potential features, so it's probably gonna be like Shenmue 3(Part 1).

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I see @pot is calling #kettle black.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dewgy posted:

He can't help it, he's a Serial Truth Bomber.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CJacobs posted:

Quoting for truth. When I play Return to Dreamland or Rainbow Curse with my kids, I intentionally don't play as player 1 so I can be Waddle Dee.

I think this is the one thing we can trust from the man responsible for Duke Nukem Forever.

spudsbuckley posted:

They had a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3, which is the most hilariously diabolic way of fleecing rubes based on their gaming dreams. It's gonna be awesome when it can't possibly live up to their fantasies based on a mediocre game from 20 years ago.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 11, 2016

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dewgy posted:

It seems like a lot of the "old guard" of game devs nowadays just sit on social media sniffing their own farts and calling modern gaming out on bullshit that they themselves are guilty of. There's a lot of 'get off my lawn'ing going on in those circles and it's kinda sad.

Edit: He's sucking up to Notch now:

https://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/status/741353779933515776

mutata fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 11, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is the dude that you guys keep linking tweets of?

Edit - Oh he's the guy that helped make Duke Nukem, a game most people have forgotten about. Makes sense why he's tweeting a bunch.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol at the idea that broussard has ever seen a big mac he doesn't like

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He blocked me on twitter when I pointed out that a guy who used to come in and play world of warcraft on his publisher's dime shouldn't be talking so much poo poo about occupy wall street kids being "Lazy and entitled".

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Going to play PTO2 and win with both sides. Anyone else playing navy games?

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
Installed the Witcher 2 yesterday, my first Witcher game. Seems great so far.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
George Broussard is near single-handedly responsible for DNF being a decade-long joke. I'd be frankly surprised if he had even a little bit of credibility left. Basically, all he can do is take easy pot shots on Twitter because no one who is even just a little responsible with money would give him a dime to work on a game again.

#hottakes

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 12, 2016

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Lurdiak posted:

Man, Paper Jam is fun but its pace is so obnoxious. It seems like every 3 steps someone's stopping me to deliver exposition about something I already know or explain how to do something that's clearly obvious from the level design and abilities I already have. The fact that they gave dialogue a fast forward button shows they realized this was an issue, but it doesn't exactly solve it. Superstar Saga was so snappy compared to this. I just don't understand who is pushing for all this white noise overload in these Nintendo games.

I felt the same way, to the point where I couldn't even play anymore because I was so bored. And it kept teaching me mechanics which were super obvious and I couldn't skip the tutorials.

Instead I just went back to play the N64 Paper Mario

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

thehoodie posted:

I felt the same way, to the point where I couldn't even play anymore because I was so bored. And it kept teaching me mechanics which were super obvious and I couldn't skip the tutorials.

Instead I just went back to play the N64 Paper Mario

Skyward Sword had the same problem, with Fi constantly telling you to do poo poo you already know or the gameplay stopping to make you dowse or a camera pan to show you the place you were already going to.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it makes sense both are assholes and neither have made a game in years

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
George Broussard is an rear end in a top hat, but he is also correct. don't believe e3's lies

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

would rather eat the big mac in 2nd pic than ever play DNF

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hail to the Burger King, baby. :dukedog:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CJacobs posted:

don't believe e3's lies
Reposting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk

well, the tears start coming and they dont start coming

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

He blocked me on twitter

lol @ anyone who does this, for any reason, ever

it's like using ignore lists, but even more hilaretarded

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk

well, the tears start coming and they dont start coming

I think I've figured out what bugs me about Mighty #9's visuals. The foreground doesn't stand out enough from the background imo, so instead of looking like 2.5D it just looks like a 3D game that you can only walk on two axes of for some reason. I know technically that's what 2.5D is, but I don't really like the look of games that don't differentiate the area you move around in from what's just set dressing. The foreground and the background in that video are comprised of the same grey, silver, brown/green colors.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I think I've figured out what bugs me about Mighty #9's visuals. The foreground doesn't stand out enough from the background imo, so instead of looking like 2.5D it just looks like a 3D game that you can only walk on two axes of for some reason. I know technically that's what 2.5D is, but I don't really like the look of games that don't differentiate the area you move around in from what's just set dressing. The foreground and the background in that video are comprised of the same grey, silver, brown/green colors.

It's weird to see a game that somehow inadvertently perfectly captured gamecube era aesthetics. Especially when the game is trying to cash in on nostalgia from a completely different era.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

lol @ anyone who does this, for any reason, ever

it's like using ignore lists, but even more hilaretarded

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
This game looks very fun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/308080/

I don't really gently caress with Early Access but if I did I'd probably check this one out.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also a reminder that this is what MN9 looked like 7 days into production, compare it to how it looks now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

That and the fx look like placeholder art.

• Locked thread