Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"I don't know why people choose sanity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Also at least before they had the pretense of Winslow and Mouthpiece being different characters. This is literally their dialog swapped.

And just to test that, I flipped them (lazily) in each panel.

I think they might work better like this.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Tindalos posted:

And just to test that, I flipped them (lazily) in each panel.

I think they might work better like this.
Even the expressions fit their words better. :psyduck:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It really says something about The Man from Lickspittle when I find even this inane drivel more palatable.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
People still can find work writing stuff like this...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
And the gaybie for best old white man writing for a young black girl goes to...

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

At the Brett Kavanaugh Hearing, Democrats Make a Not-So-Bold Stand for the #Resistance

Democrats interrupted Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee during confirmation for right-wing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. But they weren't willing to go to the mat. The minute Republicans expressed their annoyance they went quiet. So much for the glorious fight against Trump that Democrats dare to compare to the French Resistance of World War II!

Tags: Brett Kavanaugh; Supreme Court; SCOTUS; Kamala Harris; talking over; interrupt; cowardice; Democrats; Democratic Resistance; parliamentary procedure; quorum; impotence; farce; charade; confirmation hearings; Senate Judiciary Committee;

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ted Rall: Democrats are so dumb, thinking that West Wing bullshit will save them
Also Ted Rall: WHY DON'T THE DEMS DO THIS ONE EASY TRICK

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Republicans alone have the votes needed to confirm, so would a walkout be just as performative?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Pants Donkey posted:

Republicans alone have the votes needed to confirm, so would a walkout be just as performative?
Less than performative, it would have actively helped Kavanaugh. Can't ask tough questions if you're not there, and you can't stop a committee vote with a minority of the votes.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Washington Times posted:

Senate Democrats closed down the chamber floor Wednesday to protest the confirmation hearings of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh.

The hearings were able to continue, but only after the GOP agreed to quit floor business for the rest of the day.

Under Senate rules, committees need consent from both sides of the aisle to meet into the afternoon when the floor is also in session. Consent is almost always granted — but on Wednesday, Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer refused, saying he was fed up with the push to confirm the judge to the vacant seat on the Supreme Court.

“We will not consent to business as usual on the Senate floor today,” he said.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

US Constitution, Article 1, Section 5 posted:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business.

A quorum for the Senate is a majority of the Senate, in other words 51. There are 51 Republicans in the Senate. Rall hasn't put much thought into this.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tobermory posted:

A quorum for the Senate is a majority of the Senate, in other words 51. There are 51 Republicans in the Senate. Rall hasn't put much thought into this.

I think it's the Senate Judiciary Committee that's holding the hearings, but they only need 9 for a quorum, out of 11 Republican members and 10 Democrats.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tobermory posted:

There were some folks claiming that with McCain gone, Democrats could have walked out and left only 50 Republicans, less than a quorum. The window for that trick closed the moment Jon Kyl was sworn in, though.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Man from Lickspittle is fascinating to me because even more than the usual conservative cartoonists, it's so frank that the author has no consistent political ideology, just a persecution complex fueling endless grievances which are all pinned on some nebulous mental image of the liberal oppressor, even the grievances that contradict other grievances, even when the grievances result from something conservatives do it's all liberals' fault.
  • Pollution don't real it's all something liberals made up to oppress the self-made businessman, also Washington liberals hate small towns and designate them as dumping grounds for all the pollution in the country.
  • There's secret communists everywhere undermining America, also McCarthyism is a liberal plot to blacklist conservatives as communists and lock them up.
  • Liberals love terrorists and accuse anyone of wanting to secure and protect the American homeland of racism and Islamophobia, also the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act and the TSA and the police state are all liberal plots to subject Americans to big government control.
  • Science is all a liberal plot, but actually liberals are the anti-science ones and the only true scientific authority is a professional politician with an engineering degree from West Buttfuckville Arkansas
  • Racism is completely made-up, except for racism against white people which is real where's the NAAWP?
  • Man it really sucks that all these racists and new-Confederates and Klansmen are showing up to protest against the black president, they must be liberals conducting a false flag!
  • Liberals bus schoolkids to protest for liberal causes that they don't understand and aren't old enough to critically examine, this is terrible, because schoolkids ought to be bussed to protest for conservative causes that they don't understand and aren't old enough to critically examine!
  • Banks are being bailed out by the government to reward them for massive financial fraud that wrecked their companies, by the way that fraud shouldn't even be illegal and corporations should run everything because business is best!
  • SNL is horrible, dishonest, and an utter disgrace for trying to make politicians look stupid with inaccurate comedic portrayals, now enjoy my cartoon where liberals and scientists want to redefine the speed of light and round off pi trolololololol.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I'm gonna be honest this is a Jon-Rosenberg-esque Lubchansky and I'm not a huge fan

also his metaphor is kind of self-defeating in that it kind of doesn't matter whether someone who is currently literally murdering you is also scheduled to give a speech

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Thread hero Ann Telnaes is live-sketching the proceedings- that's where her posts of late are coming from. And they're getting posted as quickly as possible, here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...age%2Fstory-ans

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

The Man from Lickspittle is fascinating to me because even more than the usual conservative cartoonists, it's so frank that the author has no consistent political ideology, just a persecution complex fueling endless grievances which are all pinned on some nebulous mental image of the liberal oppressor, even the grievances that contradict other grievances, even when the grievances result from something conservatives do it's all liberals' fault.
  • Pollution don't real it's all something liberals made up to oppress the self-made businessman, also Washington liberals hate small towns and designate them as dumping grounds for all the pollution in the country.
  • There's secret communists everywhere undermining America, also McCarthyism is a liberal plot to blacklist conservatives as communists and lock them up.
  • Liberals love terrorists and accuse anyone of wanting to secure and protect the American homeland of racism and Islamophobia, also the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act and the TSA and the police state are all liberal plots to subject Americans to big government control.
  • Science is all a liberal plot, but actually liberals are the anti-science ones and the only true scientific authority is a professional politician with an engineering degree from West Buttfuckville Arkansas
  • Racism is completely made-up, except for racism against white people which is real where's the NAAWP?
  • Man it really sucks that all these racists and new-Confederates and Klansmen are showing up to protest against the black president, they must be liberals conducting a false flag!
  • Liberals bus schoolkids to protest for liberal causes that they don't understand and aren't old enough to critically examine, this is terrible, because schoolkids ought to be bussed to protest for conservative causes that they don't understand and aren't old enough to critically examine!
  • Banks are being bailed out by the government to reward them for massive financial fraud that wrecked their companies, by the way that fraud shouldn't even be illegal and corporations should run everything because business is best!
  • SNL is horrible, dishonest, and an utter disgrace for trying to make politicians look stupid with inaccurate comedic portrayals, now enjoy my cartoon where liberals and scientists want to redefine the speed of light and round off pi trolololololol.

That's a lot of words about the most blandest and dullest comic being posted here.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Alhazred posted:

That's a lot of words about the most blandest and dullest comic being posted here.

Yeah I straight-up don't read Lickspittle because I can't muster the attention-span to make it all the way through a megapost of them

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Alhazred posted:

I disagree, I think it's a hilarious look at a broken conservative brain after Obama got elected, the way in which he invents persecutions by people who are both unstoppable and completely incompetent is really great. I think it says a lot that the left consistently points to real, current problems and issues that need to be dealt with and the right has to make up future leftist boogeymen to scare people because the world is already so tilted in their favor.

Dracula Factory fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 6, 2018

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Everything bad is liberals' doing, including the things that liberals hate and oppose. I am very high-IQ — The Gentleman From Day By Day

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

loquacius posted:

Yeah I straight-up don't read Lickspittle because I can't muster the attention-span to make it all the way through a megapost of them

Same. I only have the energy for one :words: comic and I save that for First dog on the moon.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Garrison posted:

No Jocelyn, these things do NOT deserve our attention when we tune into a football game. Football used to be a welcome escape from politics and during the National Anthem, all Americans left and right came together for a moment—we already had the ‘unity’ you claim you’re after, but you allowed kneelers to foul that up, too. Football is not meant to effect ‘meaningful and positive change in our communities.’ It’s entertainment.
Poor baby lost his safe space :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I loving love Lickspittle, it's the dumbest thing and I am always excited to read it, because it seems to get dumber every time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Faustian Bargain posted:

Poor baby lost his safe space :allears:

the best thing about the "politics has no place in entertainment :argh:" take is that we all know how loving elated he would be if it were politics he liked

If the NFL summarily fired every player who ever protested and added a tiny "TRUMP 2020" graphic to the bottom-right corner of the screen for the entirety of every broadcast he'd be drawing cartoons calling everyone who didn't like that change a whiny baby who needs to get over themselves

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Huh. I pictured Gary with less hair.

Apologies to kid's shows all up in this bitch.

:nws: for twig and berries: https://i.lensdump.com/i/AWBU6K.jpg 11

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So uhh what does colonel Gaddafi have to do with anything :confused:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

VitalSigns posted:

Just one correction:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You weren't wearing them anyway, Gerald.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

duz posted:

Just one correction:

lmao

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

loquacius posted:

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Same. I only have the energy for one :words: comic and I save that for First dog on the moon.
:(
I could post Diversity Lane for you two, it has less words.
I'm not actually going to post Diversity Lane.

Maggie's grandfathers appeared in this strip. I would love to tell you more but even archive.org hasn't indexed her character profile and so all that deep, meaningful backstory has been lost. Rip.
Next two dumps will be real doozies, tune in for them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

duz posted:

Just one correction:

White people should do more for the advancement of POC. A Good Point.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

throw to first drat IT posted:

:f5:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

duz posted:

Just one correction:

Why indeed

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

throw to first drat IT posted:

:(
I could post Diversity Lane for you two, it has less words.
I'm not actually going to post Diversity Lane.

Maggie's grandfathers appeared in this strip. I would love to tell you more but even archive.org hasn't indexed her character profile and so all that deep, meaningful backstory has been lost. Rip.

Yeah sorry keep posting comics. You're doing the hard work we don't deserve :negative:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The biggest difference between Lickspittle and Prickly City is that Lickspittle has actually gotten a laugh out of me once or twice.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I like to assume he just thinks that's what N stands for in every acronym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

duz posted:

Just one correction:

It's funny 'cause there is a National Association for the Advancement of White People, run by David Duke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Association_for_the_Advancement_of_White_People
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2000/racists-offer-poor-whites-school-supplies-and-hate