Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
haul statin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Lol, this could be an ad for that soulcoin thing

hodling from beyond the grave

bottom left guy died while tantric sexing his big coin wife

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
if they go ahead with that soulbound tokens thing then I give it 3 months before some nerd comes up with a scheme for making transferable soulbound tokens (TSBTs) and butters act like it's an incredible intellectual achievement and pushing the boundaries of technology etc. rather than obvious drivel that defeats the point of the previous drivel

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

adding pizza to the list of things crypto bros ruin
https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1528749385487486978

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I saw a guy in a cafe with an in Bitcoin we trust shirt.

I'm pretty sure one of those SatanCoins from AliExpress is a better investment over time than cryptocrap.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Perplx posted:

he has over half a billion in eth, if he withdrew it the price would tank but he’s still rich

until he sells it for actual currency, he's not rich

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
eric s. raymond had millions in linux.com stock, until he didn't

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 23, 2022

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

eric s. raymond millions in linux.com stock, until he didn't

forgot about that scumbag

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we should all be so lucky

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Adolf Glitter posted:

bottom left guy died while tantric sexing his big coin wife

i keep my savings in a big wallet with my wife

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Agile Vector posted:

i keep my savings in a big wallet with my wife

I sleep in a racing car

specifically, this one

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I think it's extremely funny that the quest to make a monetary system independent of fiat resulted in an explosion of so many competing currencies that the only way to make sense of them is to keep score in dollars.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

I sleep in a racing car

specifically, this one

If you ain't rubbing, you ain't racing :haw::fh:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

doingitwrong posted:

I think it's extremely funny that the quest to make a monetary system independent of fiat resulted in an explosion of so many competing currencies that the only way to make sense of them is to keep score in dollars.

even when it was just Bitcoin it was that way. if these true believers were in it for anything but to get rich quick in real money, they wouldn’t care what it was worth in USD.

I don’t spend my time looking at my checking account and figuring out what it’s worth in Euros, or vice versa.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

funge it again tony

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I don’t spend my time looking at my checking account and figuring out what it’s worth in Euros, or vice versa.

well, i do now, lol
past couple months, yeesh

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

haveblue posted:

I sleep in a racing car

specifically, this one

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1406349369276735489

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tragic, especially since cryptobros killed that dog to ensure he was fully on the blockchain

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1528858900241448966?s=20&t=RqfhVtwFSSepf-egxSM3OA

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

so what you're saying is it only has 1% it could possibly fall, so now's the time to buy?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

breaking news: the fundamentals of FartBallsPeepeeCoin have been called into question after it loses 99% of its value due to the devs making off with all $47 trillion million dollars invested in it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

breaking news: the fundamentals of FartBallsPeepeeCoin have been called into question after it loses 99% of its value due to the devs making off with all $47 trillion million dollars invested in it

the community remains strong and vibrant however, and they hope to recover from this and reach even greater heights!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the funniest thing about the modern rugpull ecosystem is that 90% of the time instead of pulling some scam or ponzi and running off with deposits the mechanism of action is just the devs "draining the liquidity pool" aka "selling some of their coins"

a billion dollars of market cap disappears over night because one guy sells $100k worth of shiba inu farts and whoops it turns out the market was extremely illiquid

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Boxturret posted:

the community remains strong and vibrant however, and they hope to recover from this and reach even greater heights!

FartBallsPeepeeCoin will rise. turgid, strong, and no longer suffering from unexpected flash liquidity drainage

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the funniest thing about the modern rugpull ecosystem is that 90% of the time instead of pulling some scam or ponzi and running off with deposits the mechanism of action is just the devs "draining the liquidity pool" aka "selling some of their coins"

a billion dollars of market cap disappears over night because one guy sells $100k worth of shiba inu farts and whoops it turns out the market was extremely illiquid

i think you mean performing a liquidity attack which is a form of hacking

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I was once playing “space pirates” with my friends on the beach and we’d accumulated a hundred gazillion space dollars in rare space metals (sand) and my brother ran off with the treasure chest (bucket of sand) making him the most successful thief in history.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

personally i hate it when my farts are liquid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no one got away with $400 million. at best they've run off with some other brand of convertible funbux which, via a long and ponderous chain of trades might eventually be worth entire thousands of actual american dollars

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

also, this.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

no one got away with $400 million. at best they've run off with some other brand of convertible funbux which, via a long and ponderous chain of trades might eventually be worth entire thousands of actual american dollars
reminiscent of press conferences for drug busts where some district attorney or police chief will point to a stack of baggies full of cocaine and declare that they had a street value of $70 million or something

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

basically, yeah.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

reminiscent of press conferences for drug busts where some district attorney or police chief will point to a stack of baggies full of cocaine and declare that they had a street value of $70 million or something

there have been weed busts where they just put the potted plants on a scale and say "oh yeah look 72 pounds of weed" when it was 2 ounces of wet flower that woulda turned into, like a quarter ounce and 71.85 lbs of dirt and nobody throws them into loving jail over that lie poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BARONS FOOLISH SPECULATION

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jonny 290 posted:

there have been weed busts where they just put the potted plants on a scale and say "oh yeah look 72 pounds of weed" when it was 2 ounces of wet flower that woulda turned into, like a quarter ounce and 71.85 lbs of dirt and nobody throws them into loving jail over that lie poo poo

£72 of weed

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

weird loss
  but okay

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Grace Baiting posted:

weird loss
  but okay

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Soon they might exhaust all combinations of moon, ape/monkey, inu, floki, musk and other memes they use in token names, and this nightmare will be over.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Paladinus posted:

Soon they might exhaust all combinations of moon, ape/monkey, inu, floki, musk and other memes they use in token names, and this nightmare will be over.

They've not even started using diacritics or unicode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

gschmidl posted:

They've not even started using diacritics or unicode.

💩🪙