Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he needed a break today

Should have had a snickers.

They found him dead according to npr on my radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

any polls on georgia yet

lol, whats this about the gop closing bridges in the area today?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie was straight-up lying about an Aircraft Carrier heading to Best Korea, it was actually going away from it.

"misunderstanding or obfuscation" is basically the presidential motto

NYT is contradicting WaPo, saying that Donnie, PACOM, Mattis, and everyone in the white house did not know what the gently caress was going on with that carrier group.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/854394630225481729

HEY BEST KOREA WE'RE SENDING A BUNCH OF poo poo YOUR WAY
ok we'll fire a poo poo missile instead
*weekend passes*
LOL JK THOSE DUDES WERE ON THE WAY TO SAY HI TO THE AUSTRALIANS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

any polls on georgia yet

All of the pollsters are poo poo-tier and nobody really knows what the electorate will look like, making things even worse. Ossoff's over/under appears to be 45%. If he's under 45%, probably a poo poo development for democrats. If he's over 45%, it was a good night, but not great. On the outside chance he breaks 50% and instawins, all hell breaks loose in DC.

Ossoff needs like a 60% early vote total to win the thing outright, so once those numbers come in, you'll sorta know how the night is gonna go.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 18, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

On the outside chance he breaks 50% and instawins, all hell breaks loose in DC.

im just now realizing how quickly the house and senate R's will turn on Trump if this happens

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im just now realizing how quickly the house and senate R's will turn on Trump if this happens

Keep going Im almost there.....

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I mean, it *should* mean next to nothing, because special elections aren't really a predictor of anything. But if you're a republican and your president is around 40% and some Democrat just took a district that went to a republican by 22% in 2012, you're running and screaming because your safe district isn't safe anymore.

I don't remember if Donnie won the district, but Clinton got like 47%. The district is a generic republican district, not a trumper district.

For what it's worth, the Democrats on the ground and Ossoff's campaign manager are predicting sub-50, so it would be a runoff in two months.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

at that point they'll be done taking poo poo for trump not releasing his taxes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I don't remember if Donnie won the district, but Clinton got like 47%. The district is a generic republican district, not a trumper district.

he won it by like 3 pts i think

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
2000 President George W. Bush 68% - Al Gore 32%
2004 President George W. Bush 70% - John Kerry 29%
2008 President John McCain 62% - Barack Obama 37%
2012 President Mitt Romney 61% - Barack Obama 38%
2016 President Donald Trump 48% - Hillary Clinton 47%

yowza

haha holy gently caress i didn't realize this was Newt's seat

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Erdogan just wants to throw it out there that he is mortal

quote:

"I am a mortal really, I could die at any time," Erdogan told Becky Anderson inside Ankara's presidential palace Tuesday, in his first interview since the vote.

CNN Exclusive: Erdogan insists Turkey reforms don't make him a dictator

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Svartvit posted:

The US tech markey could never ever make do without the H1B1. I'm sorry but Americans are not the first-rate employees they'd need to be.

loving bullshit also US workers are way better equipped to do the work and actually communicate with their drat peers

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

milk milk lemonade posted:

loving bullshit also US workers are way better equipped to do the work and actually communicate with their drat peers

hahaha have you ever been to yospos

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Please kindly revert and do the needful while ordering for a new spec list, the last one was fiveteen years back, can we prepone until newest form arrives?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

as someone who works in IT ^^^^^^^

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Lol the first good point I've read in this whole discussion

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk since we elected trump ive made it a point to be extra nice to the offshore people i work with as penance

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
HHHHNNNNNNNHGGGGGGG

https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/854404618532642817

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how do you kill the gop and media support?

give them everything, i guess

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
*in a super thick accent*

Please hold am reviewing problem

*looks up technet article or Cisco support forum*

*reguritates info and then hangs up unexpectedly*

*is an Indian*

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Hi I am SharePoint consultant my name is Preet

I have never heard of this directory sync I am thinking that is not where credentials come from

*gets shown documentation*

I am not thinking this is right I will review

*cashes paycheck, is Indian*

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

*is an Indian*

do you know how many times i share screens with a user on a VM from india and see them copy/pasting code from sites or ordering o'reily books

or how often i catch them in lies and they just go silent for 10 seconds and then attempt to start over as if nothing happened

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Who do you suppose they'll replace him with? Their last new host was bowtie wearing douchebag Tucker Carlson who is basically Richard Spencer with a little more self control.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hi I am SharePoint

gently caress yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

*is an Indian*

Just call back with "Hi I'd like to requeue this case please" until you get someone in Raleigh

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

BigDave posted:

Please kindly revert and do the needful while ordering for a new spec list, the last one was fiveteen years back, can we prepone until newest form arrives?

Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft outsourced the development of whatever logs to the wbemcore.log

It contains wonderful entries like:
Wed Feb 20 20:14:13 2008.3223625) : GetUserDefaultLCID failed, restorting to system verion(Wed Feb 20 20:14:14 

Restort that verion, windows.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

do you know how many times i share screens with a user on a VM from india and see them copy/pasting code from sites or ordering o'reily books

or how often i catch them in lies and they just go silent for 10 seconds and then attempt to start over as if nothing happened

All the time I'm sure. I worked with offshore FTE developers converting in house VBA programs or some poo poo to Java and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. They literally never delivered anything that was specified and always guaranteed whatever dumbass bullshit they were going to do would solve the issue and it literally never did.

Getting the offshore Cisco and MS support folks pisses me off too. Like I already read the drat support forums before I called you, if you don't have any legit experience to offer just escalate the call.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

On the other hand I've called a US company, asked for tech support, and they hand the phone across the room. As they never solved the issue and told everyone who bought their fly-by-night garbage that they were SOL I'd have just preferred to talk to India at that point.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"Perhaps it is not what the logs say and is instead something else unrelated that isn't our fault hmm? Yes please check let us know."

i literally had that told to me yesterday

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Dispatches from the Alex Jones custody trial:

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854407396374052866

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854408656988889088

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854406023003738115

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854406650266091520

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854351896055873536

So Alex Jones did the shirt-ripping thing in family counseling, probably violated the judge's gag order, and a lot of infowars clips will be introduced into evidence. Gonna be fun!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

in my experiencing doing IT transformations (read: canning idiots) this is 95% of all corporate IT staff at all positions

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Every Office 365 support case I've opened has been terrible, because it's always a complex problem and the first three support people who touch it invariably make it worse.

Cisco TAC is better in my experience. It's a lot easier to get an actual expert on the line. I've called in with weird fax issues and gotten engineers off the bat, but I've also called in with a device not turning on and had to do the front line support tango for a week to get an RMA

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

facialimpediment posted:

For what it's worth, the Democrats on the ground and Ossoff's campaign manager are predicting sub-50, so it would be a runoff in two months.

Just to add to this, the FiveThiryEight people are predicting Ossoff's numbers may start above 50% but would trend down to below 50% by the end of the night so just keep that in mind.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Pretty much the demographics are shifting in this district*, but it'll probably get remade by the time it becomes an issue. The lead Republicans didn't really tie themselves to the Trump boat besides doing standard Republican boiler plate "Small Gov, Military Strong, rahrah" and pretty much deflected all questions that would have led to either a denial or acceptance of Trumps stuff. If the conservatives stay in Ossof may have a chance at getting the 50%, otherwise he'll probably end up losing in 2 months.

*Each cycle the Dem candidates do a little bit better.

edit: I hope to god I don't have Handle representing us. My uncle personally hangs around her and the people he hangs around need to be the first against the wall in the revolution.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 18, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Along those lines, Georgia update:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/854412266032312321

That's a 25% turnout not counting early vote. That's likely going to mean roughly midterm-levels of turnout, possibly higher, for a weirdass special election.

That's the kind of poo poo that leads to polling errors.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Along those lines, Georgia update:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/854412266032312321

That's a 25% turnout not counting early vote. That's likely going to mean roughly midterm-levels of turnout, possibly higher, for a weirdass special election.

That's the kind of poo poo that leads to polling errors.

Generally older middle to upper class white people and they typically commute into Atlanta for work, so they may come vote after work. So I dunno how that factors.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Thwomp posted:

the FiveThiryEight people

reminder:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/854399913228152832

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Holy crap, 50% in this one.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/854417128773918720

There was a bigass thunderstorm in the voting county, so people might've tried to beat the storm or early voted.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

The future is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

:lol::lol:

• Locked thread