Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

both giant bomb threads are cool for different reasons. the imp zone one because it's good. and the other one because i'm there sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

both giant bomb threads are cool for different reasons. the imp zone one because it's good. and the other one because i'm there sometimes

I bet 90% of probies I've had to give out are in the giant bomb thread because I guess the other one attracts the worst posters in history

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I didn't know there was one in the Imp Zone. Frankly I don't even know what the imp zone is any more. The other one seems to be full of bitter husks that hate every person and all content, as well as Majora's Mask and Mario Sunshine.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That thread was talking about the businesses who advertise through their podcast one time and I offhandedly mentioned I use dollar shave club and some guy got really mad about that for some reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phantasium posted:

That thread was talking about the businesses who advertise through their podcast one time and I offhandedly mentioned I use dollar shave club and some guy got really mad about that for some reason.

Maybe he's against defacing the dollars by shaving them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

those presidents could use a nice shave, they've had that look forever!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I started posting in this thread when the old Giant Bomb thread closed for a while

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Anyone else listen to old podcasts/radio shows where the hosts have passed away but the station airs re-runs anyway?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
One of the Car Talk guys is dead now right?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Anyone else listen to old podcasts/radio shows where the hosts have passed away but the station airs re-runs anyway?

I still listen to Car Talk for some reason.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Car Talk about

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

What's Car Talk about

Two brothers laughing hysterically for an hour

It's the best podcast

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's Dadjokes.mp3

I'm pretty sure Diane Rehm has been dead for a decade now and was running her show as a lich

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Car Talk is pretty much Dad Jokes condensed down into a pure, weaponized form.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Diablo 3 becomes a surprise bullet hell game once you start getting into GR80+ or so.

I wish Spiral Knights didn't have a f2p model because the core gameplay is pretty fun. Imagine Zelda Four Swords but almost all enemy attacks are bullet patterns or AoE windups.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is purely anecdotal but I've personally only ever heard DadJokes from non-dads

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think dad jokes are a fake idea.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

al-azad posted:

I wish Spiral Knights didn't have a f2p model because the core gameplay is pretty fun. Imagine Zelda Four Swords but almost all enemy attacks are bullet patterns or AoE windups.

I used to play Spiral Knights. It was neat. But yeah f2p :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My dad is very much a dad jokester. Since 2012 or so I can't post anything on Facebook without a rivals-level pun as the first reply no matter how mundane.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

al-azad posted:

didn't they remove the recharging energy system and elevator costs a couple years back

i assume they replaced it with something worse

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

didn't they remove the recharging energy system and elevator costs a couple years back

i assume they replaced it with something worse

Yeah, they removed energy on elevators and replaced it with a pretty obtuse equipment system for diving deeper. Then they removed that and made a much better quest system where you can just click on a mission and get whisked away there, but that borked the f2p "economy" since you can grind whatever and whenever. The result was boosting the difficulty to Dark Souls levels.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

al-azad posted:

Yeah, they removed energy on elevators and replaced it with a pretty obtuse equipment system for diving deeper. Then they removed that and made a much better quest system where you can just click on a mission and get whisked away there, but that borked the f2p "economy" since you can grind whatever and whenever. The result was boosting the difficulty to Dark Souls levels.

that doesn't sound so bad

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Titanfall 2 multiplayer is really fun.

Titanfall 2 is a great game. Just all around wellcrafted experience.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Since I was away at the beginning of the month, I forgot to do a July retrospective!

What games historically came out in July?

Dr. Mario! 1990, NES, NA

Ecco the Dolphin! 1992, Mega Drive, EU

Mario Golf! 1999, N64, NA

Killer7! 2005, GC, NA/PAL

Which games came out in July that you care about?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

killer7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Since I was away at the beginning of the month, I forgot to do a July retrospective!

What games historically came out in July?

Dr. Mario! 1990, NES, NA

Ecco the Dolphin! 1992, Mega Drive, EU

Mario Golf! 1999, N64, NA

Killer7! 2005, GC, NA/PAL

Which games came out in July that you care about?

Splatoon 2

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Car Talk rules and everyone should absolutely listen to it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought you all were talking about Car Boys this whole time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not to be the rudest dude but I feel like the year a game was released is more important than the month

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Not to be the rudest dude but I feel like the year a game was released is more important than the month

Oh cool. Let's just do a yearly thread then, and we can reminisce about games that came out in the current year instead...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

21st Century Games Chat

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Why can't you be more like Raphael and be cool and rude

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ecco's a cool game

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Please don't fight. I just wanted people to talk about video games they like. If people think it's stupid I'll stop doing it

lets hang out posted:

ecco's a cool game

I never actually played it very far but it always seemed cool and I heard it gets kinda hosed up at some point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

E C C O T H E D O L P H I N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46rEikk4bw

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nobody gives a poo poo about games that have already been released, they're all trash

Unreleased games though, those still got potential.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
When I was listing PS4 shmups earlier like a day ago I completely forgot Ghost Blade HD and Sky Force Anniversary so they're are also those

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the dreamcast ecco game always sounded crazy as hell but i never got a chance to play it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ecco would have been a pretty cool Sonic Racing character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Ecco would have been a pretty cool Sonic Racing character.

Yeah.

• Locked thread