Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

:munch: Unless I missed something, Splinter should have taken Retaliate damage.

Also Bullwinkle from the Hook and Chain attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Zack Ater posted:

Bullwinkle, as well.

Forgot to apply Retaliate to the doggies this rounds, ops! I'll fix this in the next update.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
I'm going to put out some hurt on that frost demon and some collateral :black101: on one of the spirits. I probably won't quite kill the demon, but it should be really low health. I'll eat a fair amount of retaliate damage, but should be OK since almost everything will be dead.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
We'll just need to make sure to leave something alive so we have time to loot a bit.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yep. We will need to add contingency orders in there to not attack if only one enemy remains

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Slaan posted:

Great. Those spirits are dead then. I can likely kill them and trigger the chest trap then, rather than just the trap

I'm not sure if you intend to step on the trap, but it is a stun trap. If you step into it, you will be stopped, and be stunned for your next turn as well.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
So hey, any room for another ? 'Cause I can play a mean filthy rat-thing if I do say so myself.

None of the other players at my table would agree, but how could they tell since I let them all die in my endless quest for the shinies ?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah I'm stepping on it so someone else would need to grab the loot

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
I've got a loot 2 ready for next round, so no real need to step on the stun trap.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Loot cards can open up chests? Great. No need to step on the trap then

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Slaan posted:

Loot cards can open up chests? Great. No need to step on the trap then

There's nothing Loot cannot do.
Well, except for doing damage. Or moving. Or disarming traps. Or opening doors. Ok, let me rephrase :

There's nothing unimportant Loot cannot do.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Kobal2 posted:

So hey, any room for another ? 'Cause I can play a mean filthy rat-thing if I do say so myself.

None of the other players at my table would agree, but how could they tell since I let them all die in my endless quest for the shinies ?

Welcome aboard! Since you don't have PMs, please send an email to gloomhavenlp@gmail.com with your preferred contact method (so that I'll know how to reach out to you when it's time to play!)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 13A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- The doggos should have inflicted RETALIATE2 damage to Bullwinkle and Master Splinter!
- Bullwinkle is at 8 HP.
- Master Splinter is at 6 HP.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand2, Discarded5, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 15 with Shield Bash and Skewer.

15. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"SHIELD BASH (15) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4 - STUN - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Round bonus SHIELD1, Self"

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded1, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 27 with Fearsome Blade and Frigid Apparition.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded1, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Massive Boulder.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

^Retaliate 1 from the doggos, since they were normal, not elite.

As tempting as those coins are, I think it's best if I stay in place and set up an extra shield. Skewering the Frost Demon just to put out some damage.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

My fastest card and I'll still be second to last. Man rocky is a slow rear end

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

My fastest card and I'll still be second to last. Man rocky is a slow rear end

I would highly recommend Rocky players take Unstable Upheaval and just pretend the card says "Move 2 @ 13 Initiative".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Reik posted:

I would highly recommend Rocky players take Unstable Upheaval and just pretend the card says "Move 2 @ 13 Initiative".

Yeah this. Then burn a loss in the last room. Boots of Striding make up for low movement.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
I think it's probably best if we leave the spirit in C1 alive? I think we can kill the two spirits and ice demon this round without too much trouble and still have a solid looting round next turn.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, I have a contingency to not kill the last enemy alive in my orders just in case. We need that chest and loot

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Reik posted:

My advice to Gloomhaven players is that each card has three parts to it: a top, a bottom, and an initiative. You can't use a card for all three, and so you want to use it for two.

But if you can see only use it for one part, that's okay too. Using a generic action on a card played for initiative is no worse a play then using a unique action on a card not used for initiative, and that's what you always do with half your cards by definition.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 13B

- Retaliate damage from the dogs should have only been 1 instead of 2!
- Bullwinkle is at 9 HP.
- Master Splinter is at 7 HP.

15. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Shield Bash (bot)! Round bonus: SHIELD1, Self.
Bullwinkle activates Moon Earring, refreshes all of his SPENT items!
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 5(E) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage! Frost Demon 5(E) RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Frost Demon 5(E) is at 8 HP
Bullwinkle is at 7 HP.
Bullwinkle activates Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Eye for an Eye and Skewer.

22. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 2 Focuses Rocky! Flies1 to D1. Attacks Rocky for 0 (1base, -2mod) damage!
Rocky is at 13 HP and is MUDDLED!
- Living Spirit 4 Focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (1base, +2mod, SHIELD3) damage! SHIELD1 from Shield Bash! Warding Strength 6th charge used! Gains 1 XP. LOSS card! Chainmail 1st charge used!
Bullwinkle is at 7 HP and is MUDDLED!
- Living Spirit 6 Focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage! SHIELD1 from Shield Bash! Chainmail 2nd charge used!
Bullwinkle is at 7 HP and is MUDDLED!

As we can see, burning through your consumable items like Stamina Potions and the Earring can produce extreme power spikes.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (bot)! Moves1 to C3. Attacks Frost Demon 5(E) for 3 (2base, -1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. LOSS card! Frost Demon 5(E) RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Frost Demon 5(E) is at 8 HP
Master Splinter is at 5 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Activates Battle-Axe! Consumes ICE. Attacks Frost Demon 5(E) for 5 (3base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. Attacks Living Spirit 4 for 5 (3base, +0mod +2bonus) damage!
Frost Demon 5(E) is killed!
Living Spirit 4 is killed!
Master Splinter activates Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Frigid Apparition.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 2 coin token(s). Loses INVISIBILITY token.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot as a Basic MOVE2)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves3 to D3.
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Activates Piercing Bow! Attacks Living Spirit 6 with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (3base, -1/+1mod, PIERCE2) damage! Backup Ammunition 2nd trigger! Gains 1XP.
Living Spirit 6 is killed!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s). Loses MUDDLED token.

Slann, I've had to improvise a bit with your movement since none of the potential outcomes were possible without activating Boots; I guess you won't miss them anyway, but let me know if you'd like to move somewhere else!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- None

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Using the boots was fine

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I don't think Bullwinkle should've eaten a retaliation since he wasn't adjacent.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Whoops, I forgot that my loot 2 action is on the bottom of the only card I have that has a top movement action :doh:. I can go fast to get in position and stun the spirit though to keep it out of the way, if Rocky and Bullwinkle want to do some looting this turn?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zack Ater posted:

I don't think Bullwinkle should've eaten a retaliation since he wasn't adjacent.

This is accurate.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

That's why I used it the way I did :p

I'm fine with looting; at this point we've basically won so it's just down to cleaning up after ourselves. I'll grab the B4 coin if that's all right.

Please don't kill the spirit in this upcoming round. If it survives then I can loot 2 coins from the previous room in the next round.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 28, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Phelddagrif posted:

That's why I used it the way I did :p

Man I can't manage to assign Retaliate damage correctly this scenario :v:

I'll fix this before the next update, even if I don't think it's going to matter in the end :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Awaiting orders from one player :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 14A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Frigid Apparition.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded1, Active1, Lost5) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Grab and Go.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded3, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Dirt Tornado.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Cool, the Spirit's playing nice.

I'm going to move to A4 and Loot 1. If we can keep the Spirit alive until next round, that would be wonderful.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Is anyone getting the chest this turn?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

Is anyone getting the chest this turn?

I think Splinter said they were going to set up to Loot 2 the chest next turn, so I imagine they're moving to D2 and stunning the spirit?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That's what I figured. Rocky is bored so he's just gonna go smash one of the lower rocks for practice

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Yep, I'm just going to stun the spirit this turn and then kill it off early next turn and loot the chest. It should be wrapped up, although Bullwinkle and/or Rocky should have some contingency orders to kill the spirit in case I totally whiff again.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 14B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (bot)! Moves1 to D2. Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Living Spirit 2 is at 2 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (top)! No action taken!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (bot)! Moves2 to A4.
- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (top)! LOOT1, gains 1 coin token!. Loses MUDDLED token.
Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Eye for an Eye.

22. Living Spirits posted:

Living Spirit 2 loses STUNNED token!

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (bot)! Moves1 to C4.
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top)! Activates Eagle-eye Goggles! :science: Destroys obstacle in C5. Gains 2XP. LOSS card.
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

:black101:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- None

Next Round is going to be the last one no matter what - if the Spirit survives after the LOOT2, I'll try to maximize XP/Gold gain for everyone with whatever's left and finish the Scenario.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Want us to just send in both steps this time then to make it easier to finish this scenario tomorrow?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Slaan posted:

Want us to just send in both steps this time then to make it easier to finish this scenario tomorrow?

Yeah it's probably a good idea!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Done! Bravely running away to grab some cash from the previous room.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Also, I used a stamina potion to get a couple cards back I wanted for this turn. I assume it worked but just didn't get put in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Done! Bravely running away to grab some cash from the previous room.

Haha, 8 hexes away with a loot action. Nice.