Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Kirios posted:

Man the Tesla is hot garbage

The fires do tend to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
Any thoughts on if the McLaren MP4/4 is worth 10 million? I love F1, so I'm tempted to grind out the credits just to have it, but that same money could buy me a lot of other cars. I feel like I don't have the skills to get the most out of the car, so maybe I should wait?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Trickortreat posted:

Any thoughts on if the McLaren MP4/4 is worth 10 million? I love F1, so I'm tempted to grind out the credits just to have it, but that same money could buy me a lot of other cars. I feel like I don't have the skills to get the most out of the car, so maybe I should wait?

https://github.com/ddm999/ClubmanSharp/releases

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Trickortreat posted:

It’s a lot of fun but the F1500T-A is really similar and you can get it for free from golding one of the mission sets. The SF19 and SF23 are also available for 1M from Brand Central, and they are Super Formula cars, not F1, but much more similar to a modern F1 car than the MP4/4 or F1500T-A.

The RA272 is also a must buy if you’re into historic F1.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I have no idea what this is, and even looking at the Wiki doesn't make it all that clear. Googling Clubman Sharp doesn't really yield any results. Sounds neat though!

crackhaed posted:

It’s a lot of fun but the F1500T-A is really similar and you can get it for free from golding one of the mission sets. The SF19 and SF23 are also available for 1M from Brand Central, and they are Super Formula cars, not F1, but much more similar to a modern F1 car than the MP4/4 or F1500T-A.

The RA272 is also a must buy if you’re into historic F1.
This sounds like a perfect solution! Picked it up at Brand Central because grinding for 30 minutes will be faster than trying to get straight gold.

I picked up the RA272 to try the LeMans grind, but nothing comes close to DP-100 outside of a few races where I want to mix it up. There's no feeling like accidentally running past the finish line at lap 6 with 1% fuel remaining.

As an added bonus, I just picked up a few more million credit cars and finally got to level 50. Can't wait to try out the Rx-7 and 767B engine swap.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Trickortreat posted:

I have no idea what this is, and even looking at the Wiki doesn't make it all that clear. Googling Clubman Sharp doesn't really yield any results. Sounds neat though!
It's a script/app that runs in conjunction with PS Remote Play that wins the Clubman Plus 600 Tokyo race for you over and over. You need a computer running windows but it's very easy to set up.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

The RA272 is amazing and I will anyone who besmirches my boo.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

So FYI, we're voting to see if we want to switch our race night from Monday to a different day. If you thought about doing some goon races but Monday nights didn't work for you, now is the time to pop into the discord and make your voice heard.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

crackhaed posted:

It's a script/app that runs in conjunction with PS Remote Play that wins the Clubman Plus 600 Tokyo race for you over and over. You need a computer running windows but it's very easy to set up.

Following the link on the wiki, PC doesn't seem to like the installer.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Theotus posted:

Following the link on the wiki, PC doesn't seem to like the installer.

What does this mean, exactly?

As I recall you have to do it as an admin and perhaps there was something that is suspect that you have to waive off too.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Mercedes posted:

So FYI, we're voting to see if we want to switch our race night from Monday to a different day. If you thought about doing some goon races but Monday nights didn't work for you, now is the time to pop into the discord and make your voice heard.

Following up to this, we’re now racing Tuesday nights and we usually go from like 8:00ish CST to 10:30ish CST

We ended up having one of our biggest grids in a while last week and I think there were a few people in here that expressed interest but couldn’t make Monday nights work, we’d love to have a few more

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

StormDrain posted:

What does this mean, exactly?

As I recall you have to do it as an admin and perhaps there was something that is suspect that you have to waive off too.

I am sure it is user error. I got remote play going, typed in the IP and hit start and just get a "packet not received" error. Going to delete everything and try again after work.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

T-Square posted:

Following up to this, we’re now racing Tuesday nights and we usually go from like 8:00ish CST to 10:30ish CST

We ended up having one of our biggest grids in a while last week and I think there were a few people in here that expressed interest but couldn’t make Monday nights work, we’d love to have a few more

It was an awesome night, we even had a bunch show up for this week's race too. Tuesday was a good pick. If you're on the fence about joining a online lobby, just pop in. We have sprint races where we have rubberbanding on. Even if you gently caress up, you'll be back with the pack within a lap or two and you still escape the pack if you're quick and consistent.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Just wanted to let Kirios know that the Ferrari F40 just landed in the dealership for sale after our races. 😂

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well poo poo

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Himbos, welcome to the Autumn Porsche Cup 2023! This Championship season we’re taking the Porsche 911 RSR Group 3 in two-man teams for 4 nights of hot, sweaty, NSFW Endurance races.

Each race will be a Grid Start with False Start Check and the grid order will be Fastest First. Damage is set to light

Points are awarded as follows, starting with first: 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 for the rest. A point is awarded for both pole position and fastest lap during the race. Your lowest score will be dropped at the end of the season. You’ll have one opportunity to gain double points and you can sign up for that in a link I will provide in the future.

Race Calendar

November 7 Deep Forest Raceway
November 14 Tokyo Expressway South
November 21 Road Atlanta
November 28 Spa Francorchamps

Join our discord and get some nasty racing done to you!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
For clarity, bimbos are welcome too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Man the new UI update is really nice, there's a thing in World Circuits now where it'll show you all the races in a specific class. So all the Sunday Cup races, all the FR Challenge races etc. That's something that should've been there for a long time. New track just being a snow rally track is kinda whatever but at least there's a big pile of new events and they've boosted the rewards for custom races.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

njsykora posted:

Man the new UI update is really nice, there's a thing in World Circuits now where it'll show you all the races in a specific class. So all the Sunday Cup races, all the FR Challenge races etc. That's something that should've been there for a long time. New track just being a snow rally track is kinda whatever but at least there's a big pile of new events and they've boosted the rewards for custom races.

Yes! I was surprised to see that. It actually gives me a little push to do a bunch of those. I like to see the completion number go up.

I also like the weekly events concept.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

njsykora posted:

New track just being a snow rally track is kinda whatever but at least there's a big pile of new events and they've boosted the rewards for custom races.

Snow tracks kick rear end, though?

I mean, it's lame that it's just a triangleoval, but it's a start.

More annoying is that Kaz turned the intro video back on.

New UI/license is nice, I guess. Didn't really mess around with that any, though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zenostein posted:

Press circle to skip.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The 900 class races are fun, even if the AI is still dogshit about refueling. My sweet spot in the game is Gr3 cars so it's nice to have these extra intense races and I'm looking forward to more. Now they just need to add more Gr2 models. Maybe the current crop of hypercars in endurance racing will be in that class?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Press circle to skip.

Yes, but I meant this more in the "now remember where the option to turn this off is" way.

qirex posted:

The 900 class races are fun, even if the AI is still dogshit about refueling. My sweet spot in the game is Gr3 cars so it's nice to have these extra intense races and I'm looking forward to more. Now they just need to add more Gr2 models. Maybe the current crop of hypercars in endurance racing will be in that class?

Not going to worry too much about the AI's terrible pitting strategy until SPEC II-B. Honestly was a bit disappointed when I saw it said spec ii and not b

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 2, 2023

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zenostein posted:

Yes, but I meant this more in the "now remember where the option to turn this off is" way.

Not going to worry too much about the AI's terrible pitting strategy until SPEC II-B. Honestly was a bit disappointed when I saw it said spec ii and not b

Oooh I see. I only booted it up once so I wasn't aware and Mercedes, the poster, was unawares of how to skip it so I assumed it was a common mistake. Seems line maybe he's just an outlier.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, I definitely spent a bit trying every button on the controller to get the drat thing to stop, since it'd been ages since I'd turned the thing off.

But as far as I can tell, it's just the intro video setting that got changed, so you don't have to spend ages in the options menu, at least.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Yes! I was surprised to see that. It actually gives me a little push to do a bunch of those. I like to see the completion number go up.

I also like the weekly events concept.
Agree on both counts! I dove into the game today like I haven't in a long time.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

OK I found something I don't like about the patch, they changed the GT World Championship laps. Deep forest goes from 7 to 6, which I don't mind terribly but the Nurburgring is down to one lap and they moved the starting positions closer together. I was in first by that long full throttle uphill bit before the carousel [normally I catch 1st just before the beginning of the long straight, also I don't know the names of any of the features]. Basically if you make one bad mistake, which happens a lot when you're learning it, you're probably not going to get first unless you're in a monster car.

I think this is good in a way because it makes the GT world championship more attractive for money grinding, and you might actually get better at the game while you do it unlike doing Le Mans or the Tokyo rain race over and over. Still feels like they lowered the achievement of winning the whole thing, though. That said the 600 and 700 cups ended up being more difficult for me to get all #1s in anyway [stupid Red Bull Ring rain race].

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zenostein posted:

Snow tracks kick rear end, though?

I mean, it's lame that it's just a triangleoval, but it's a start.

New UI/license is nice, I guess. Didn't really mess around with that any, though.

This was bothering me, there's three layouts to the snow track.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.
I've been wanting a dirt oval for a while. Dirt oval racing is crazy. I'm excited to try the snowval.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Your mom's a snowval.

Gotteem

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

StormDrain posted:

This was bothering me, there's three layouts to the snow track.

So there are, now that I look. They even use them all in the events they made! (Did they ever add events for that other willow springs layout? I feel like it was only in maybe a mission and the custom race ui.) I'll have to check those out when I figure out what can wear snow tires. For some absurd reason the e30 m3 I was using for something couldn't, which is just insane.

Interestingly, the new 911 can. And it has that neat dynamic aero (took me a while to figure out what the hell light I was seeing in the corner of my eye was for), and it's shockingly well behaved. I slapped a suspension setup I remembered being half-decent from another 911 and it was mostly fine (definitely was getting the wheels caught in the arches on braking though, I don't think I've quite fixed that.

My tv is tiny, so I can't really tell, but it seems like they added little blue bars under the tires. I don't think any of the weekly races actually had tire wear, so I never saw them change from blue; are those temp indicators? It would be super on-brand for them to not actually work without tire wear being on, even though tires do presumably still warm up. Still haven't fixed the skidpad numbers not doing poo poo when you mess with the suspension, for PP reasons.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh and since this thread has been bouncing up and maybe catching some eyeballs, goons still race weekly, on Tuesdays and there's a few spots open still. The More the merrier.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Zenostein posted:

My tv is tiny, so I can't really tell, but it seems like they added little blue bars under the tires. I don't think any of the weekly races actually had tire wear, so I never saw them change from blue; are those temp indicators? It would be super on-brand for them to not actually work without tire wear being on, even though tires do presumably still warm up. Still haven't fixed the skidpad numbers not doing poo poo when you mess with the suspension, for PP reasons.
Not sure about under the tire, but you know how you can overheat your tires and it shows a red rectangle around the white? The same thing happens with blue but you basically need to try to get them to show up... like park the car stationary. Maybe if you did a race or something with a formation lap around the nordschleife they would become relevant but in pretty much any practical racing situation I have never seen the cold tire indicator show up. Not sure if that's the same as what you're referencing though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

crackhaed posted:

Not sure about under the tire, but you know how you can overheat your tires and it shows a red rectangle around the white? The same thing happens with blue but you basically need to try to get them to show up... like park the car stationary. Maybe if you did a race or something with a formation lap around the nordschleife they would become relevant but in pretty much any practical racing situation I have never seen the cold tire indicator show up. Not sure if that's the same as what you're referencing though.

I feel like I had the tires get cold on me once recently after the update - the Nurburgring GP 900 race that was added, I switched to soft tires at the pit stop and the rain started with two laps to go. The softs were ok for one lap, but then even beyond usual “tiptoe in the rain” parts it went to absolutely no grip whatsoever. That was fun.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

harperdc posted:

I feel like I had the tires get cold on me once recently after the update - the Nurburgring GP 900 race that was added, I switched to soft tires at the pit stop and the rain started with two laps to go. The softs were ok for one lap, but then even beyond usual “tiptoe in the rain” parts it went to absolutely no grip whatsoever. That was fun.
Oh yeah for sure, water cools tires like crazy. Night/dusk with a low ambient temperature can also make them get super lovely. That Maserati MC20 at Bathurst time trial a while back was at dusk and the cold track made it infinitely harder.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.
Anyone here who isn't in the discord doing the sport mode TTs? Great way to get a lot of credits and learn from the ghosts of the best players. The two current ones are a bit sadistic in terms of wall-tap invalidated laps but that's also part of the fun.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

crackhaed posted:

Some clever forensics (read: looking at exported screenshots) makes me think that what I'm seeing is probably some weird downscaling artifact or something.

That's actually pretty disappointing. Since the tire changes a few versions ago, I've rather wanted an indicator that my tires are suitably warm so I can corner properly rather than just wait a few corners before actually pushing it. Not that I'd be able to see it on this tiny tv anyway — the only reason I can see the overheat ones is because they're bright red, the normal outlines are basically invisible.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Zenostein posted:

Some clever forensics (read: looking at exported screenshots) makes me think that what I'm seeing is probably some weird downscaling artifact or something.

That's actually pretty disappointing. Since the tire changes a few versions ago, I've rather wanted an indicator that my tires are suitably warm so I can corner properly rather than just wait a few corners before actually pushing it. Not that I'd be able to see it on this tiny tv anyway — the only reason I can see the overheat ones is because they're bright red, the normal outlines are basically invisible.
If you really want that there are some iPhone/Android/PC apps that will export certain data in real time, including exact tire temperatures.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ah cool, I saw ages ago that someone'd found the telemetry stream, nice to see people've done something with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Anyone have tips for suspension tuning for the snow races? Getting my butt kicked in the Quattro.