Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Ah, got it. I've already used the dumpster, so I know what you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6gTrvuG0M

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
It Came From Reddit

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Kinda wish you could adopt Jas. No way in hell is she getting proper formative nurturing in that house.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What do you think is wrong with Marnie

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Aside from Shane's heart events, I don't think anyone in that house interacts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

Aside from Shane's heart events, I don't think anyone in that house interacts.

I mean, relatable.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean the farmers not much better you can't do poo poo with your kids. How come I can't teach em to milk a cow, or fish. It's some nonsense

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Gaius Marius posted:

I mean the farmers not much better you can't do poo poo with your kids. How come I can't teach em to milk a cow, or fish. It's some nonsense

It would actually be pretty fun to have an automation mod where the lampshading for the mechanic was "teach your children to do some chores" and then have those things taken care of daily by them.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Did Abigail's mountain heart event get upgraded?

I don't remember The little fireflies or whatever floating above the lake at the end of the scene where you play music together in the rain

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Akratic Method posted:

It would actually be pretty fun to have an automation mod where the lampshading for the mechanic was "teach your children to do some chores" and then have those things taken care of daily by them.

Make it like a real farm and put a cap on the amount of chores a child can do in a day. Start pumping out more kids so you can truly "automate" your farm to really connect with those farming roots.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Just updated my mods and here's my current list of anyone cares. I'd take other fun suggestions if anyone has any. The only one that didn't succeed was Range Finder, but I think maybe that's in game now.

Automate
Better Artisan Good Icons
CJB Show Item Sell Price
Console Commands
Harvest With Scythe
NPC Map Locations (update currently in alpha)
Seasonal Villager Outfits
Save Backup

And the dependencies of course. I also got Mod Update Menu and SDVMM2 which I might drop. The manager makes it easy to disable mods, the update menu is at the main title and shows you what loaded and needs updating with links.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I completed the spring forage bundle and saw a message about bridge repair. Did the Junimos fix a bridge somewhere?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That's the reward for if you completely every single bundle in the crafts room.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tried out the mixed up mine rewards and so far I've had two empty treasure floors. No treasure chest, just an empty floor as if I had already looted it. Recently got to the lava floors and I haven't seen a single footwear at any of those floors. I suspect a connection.

The new bulletin board looks great. Only weird thing was Robin asking about hardwood in the cutscene but there was no notice about that afterwards.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate

Wildtortilla posted:

I completed the spring forage bundle and saw a message about bridge repair. Did the Junimos fix a bridge somewhere?

Quarry bridge to the right of the mountain cave maybe?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If the Junimo fix it you will see a scene when you sleep that night. But that's when you finish all bundles in a room. You get a little present immediately though (click/select the gift box to open it if that's not clear) for each bundle.

EDIT : Robin asking for hardwood is a special order than can come up. Fair warning : Most orders require you to gather the things while the order is accepted, like the smaller gathering quests. So maybe plant some mahogany. Also if the wizard asks you to hunt a special slime, it will only turn up with the special order active and seems to be able to turn up anywhere in mines or skull caves.

Also special orders will reappear if you fail them, so you don't need to stress too much. Most have seasonal variants. (Though... I had Evelyn ask for 12 leeks.. that was.. a strain. @_@ )

Tylana fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 6, 2021

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Tylana posted:

If the Junimo fix it you will see a scene when you sleep that night. But that's when you finish all bundles in a room. You get a little present immediately though (click/select the gift box to open it if that's not clear) for each bundle.

EDIT : Robin asking for hardwood is a special order than can come up. Fair warning : Most orders require you to gather the things while the order is accepted, like the smaller gathering quests. So maybe plant some mahogany. Also if the wizard asks you to hunt a special slime, it will only turn up with the special order active and seems to be able to turn up anywhere in mines or skull caves.

Also special orders will reappear if you fail them, so you don't need to stress too much. Most have seasonal variants. (Though... I had Evelyn ask for 12 leeks.. that was.. a strain. @_@ )

I got the 12 leak one as well, and I looked for them every day and was worried I wasn't going to get them, didn't get the last 2 till like 2 days before the quest expired. Definitely the hardest one so far or most time consuming at least.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Rakeris posted:

I got the 12 leak one as well, and I looked for them every day and was worried I wasn't going to get them, didn't get the last 2 till like 2 days before the quest expired. Definitely the hardest one so far or most time consuming at least.

I put so many horseradishes into seedmakers and even visited the desert trader and turned summer seeds into spring seeds. Then two days after I beat it on like Spring 21, a bunch appeared as forage. lol. OTOH, was kind of nice to mostly abandon my farm and just explore around.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So apparently I need 21 loving wild plums for the community center bundles. Yep, that seems doable with the year 1 toggle set to YES.

Running around like a moron I've managed to find 2 in 5 days. If that's the average then it will only take 2-3 years to finish. Brilliant. At least the 50 blackberries is possible and if I had known about it I could have saved 50 salmonberries from spring so in theory the rest is of the bundle is doable.

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 6, 2021

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Haven't seen any bundle that crazy. Is that a new possible friendship bundle? The wiki has been up and down like a yoyo, sadly. Fruit bats will help quite a bit but.

Yeah, if I was trying for year 1 I'd be tempted to restart at that. I guess how quickly you unlock new rooms to see what they need is pretty variable.

There's also a possible Children's bundle which wants 3 of 10 salmonberries,1icecream,1cookie,1strange doll

Tylana fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 6, 2021

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's way too later to pick the bats, unless it's possible to change it. But don't they only deliver one random fruit per season or something?

Oh yeah I got that bundle as well but it doesn't strictly need the salmon.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tylana posted:

EDIT : Robin asking for hardwood is a special order than can come up. Fair warning : Most orders require you to gather the things while the order is accepted, like the smaller gathering quests. So maybe plant some mahogany.

yeah this feels like a bug, I started the quest with 60 hardwood, collected 20, and while i can turn in the stack of 80 (completing that objective) i can't complete the quest because I didn't collect all 80 after receiving the quest

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Bats deliver a fair bit of fruit, but it's very RNGy. They also don't care about seasons which can be nice.

Anyway, sympathies on that. Seems like something I'd totally consider using cheatmod to fix.

I guess if using remixed bundles, (and caring about time/efficency) pushing getting like 3 bundles cleared asap is very important.

EDIT :

eke out posted:

yeah this feels like a bug, I started the quest with 60 hardwood, collected 20, and while i can turn in the stack of 80 (completing that objective) i can't complete the quest because I didn't collect all 80 after receiving the quest

It is maybe bad design, it is not a bug. One quest step is "Gather 80 Hardwood." in the journal just like all the quests on pierre's board like "Catch 4 x fish, and you get to keep them." or "Clint want to look at 40 copper ore." I was quite upset when I spent a week gathering Bug Meat, but hadn't picked up the order in case I coldn't fill it. Haha

If you fail the order, you can get the stuff back from Lewis' lost and found. So, yeah. In general, it is handy to have a mahogany grove ready from when you need hardwood (tree fertilizer is powerful)

EDITEDIT : Polite feedback to ConcernedApe seems like a good action to take.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 6, 2021

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011

ILL Machina posted:

Just updated my mods and here's my current list of anyone cares. I'd take other fun suggestions if anyone has any. The only one that didn't succeed was Range Finder, but I think maybe that's in game now.

Automate
Better Artisan Good Icons
CJB Show Item Sell Price
Console Commands
Harvest With Scythe
NPC Map Locations (update currently in alpha)
Seasonal Villager Outfits
Save Backup

And the dependencies of course. I also got Mod Update Menu and SDVMM2 which I might drop. The manager makes it easy to disable mods, the update menu is at the main title and shows you what loaded and needs updating with links.

I would understand skepticism given the general quality of narrative mods but: Canon-friendly dialogue expansion and Festival of the Mundane both just kind of mix things up a bit without introducing anything cringey. The quality of the writing is Entirely Fine, which is to say it is almost completely indistinguishable from the base game.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

willing to settle posted:

I would understand skepticism given the general quality of narrative mods but: Canon-friendly dialogue expansion and Festival of the Mundane both just kind of mix things up a bit without introducing anything cringey. The quality of the writing is Entirely Fine, which is to say it is almost completely indistinguishable from the base game.

You might think it breaks the game but I wouldn't be able to play this without the Harvest with Scythe mod.

This patch also broke the Horse Whistle mod and I find myself forgetting where I left my horse.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Poil posted:

So apparently I need 21 loving wild plums for the community center bundles. Yep, that seems doable with the year 1 toggle set to YES.

Running around like a moron I've managed to find 2 in 5 days. If that's the average then it will only take 2-3 years to finish. Brilliant. At least the 50 blackberries is possible and if I had known about it I could have saved 50 salmonberries from spring so in theory the rest is of the bundle is doable.

For me the bundle needed 2 out of 3, so just the salmonberries and blackberries were enough and you could skip the plums.

Making it fairly easy bundle as far as things go

edit:

limp_cheese posted:

You might think it breaks the game but I wouldn't be able to play this without the Harvest with Scythe mod.

This patch also broke the Horse Whistle mod and I find myself forgetting where I left my horse.

I love how they added (small endgame reward spoiler)the horse whistle as an endgame reward from the island things

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

eke out posted:

Does dropping all the hardwood in your inventory and picking it back up not count as collecting it?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Not anymore, no.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That was a bug/oversight with the ore/fish collection quests that was fixed back in like 1.2.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Pretty hosed up to make Robin build a bed out of rotten wood you've kept in a chest for years next to decaying vegetables and rotten fish.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Poil posted:

If it's Fall, perhaps try producing Fall Seeds by running Common Mushrooms in the Seedmaker (if you have one?) One of the four things they can grow into is Wild Plums.

I'm still playing the Endgame, and finally got a third Tiger Slime Egg, Hopefully this one will come up female.

My most annoying resource bottleneck now is Radioactive Ore. I'm not seeing a lot of it in the More Dangerous Mines. What's a good strategy for stocking up?

As far as suggested Mods go, it took me three minutes once 1.5 dropped to realize how much my playstyle relies on UI Info Suite (even if the unoffical upgrade has issues with the sprinkler display). Having the information on how long whatever plant/processor/machine you're hovering the mouse over will take to be done is insanely useful.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 6, 2021

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Trying to plan out some fish ponds, any thoughts on what kinds?

I've been looking at the production on the wiki and I was thinking the following:

4 ponds:
Super Cucumber - chance of Iridium ore
Sturgeon - Make Caviar
Lava Eel - Most valuable overall roe
Blobfish - Farm warp totems + valuable roe

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I mostly focused on Lava Eel and Sturgeon, but I might make another pond for a Stingray to aid with development of island-specific currency when I get there. It takes a bit to get the ability to obtain a Stingray though.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Gully Foyle posted:

I've been looking at the production on the wiki and I was thinking the following:

4 ponds:
Sturgeon - Make Caviar

Lava eel also gives spicy eel food which is good IIRC.

Sea Urchins because they can wear hats.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Gully Foyle posted:

4 ponds:
Sturgeon - Make Caviar

This is exactly what I have and a 5th pond for Midnight Squid for its ink.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I have a Rainbow Trout pond for Prismatic Shards as well, but it seems they may have buffed their drop rate a bit?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Gully Foyle posted:

4 ponds:
Sturgeon - Make Caviar

Those are all good choices. Here are a few more.

LLSix posted:

Sturgeon - sturgeon roe for caviar
Super Cucumber - iridium ore

Blobfish - warp totem farm
Crayfish/Periwinkle/Snail - warp totem mountains
Cockle/Crab/Lobster/Mussel/Oyster/Shrimp - warp totem beach

Void Salmon - void egg or void essence
Rainbow Trout - 0.1% chance of prismatic shard

geode fish to help with completing the museum
Octopus - omni geode
Lava Eel - magma geodes and other goodies, if I remember right this is also the most profitable fish pond
Ice Pip - frozen geode or frozen tear

Fish that help with fishing
Squid (Midnight squid gives more) - squid ink for seafoam pudding
Slimejack - slime for wild bait
Dorado/Lingcod/Pike - bug meat for wild bait

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
So I checked the guaranteed year 1 center option. My understanding is that a red cabbage seed is made available somehow. Does that mean pierre sells them year 1? Just saw there weren't any coming in the cart till Y3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It makes the traveling cart guaranteed to sell a red cabbage seed sometime in spring 1. But just once—if you forget to check the cart or don’t have the cash on hand the day it appears, you lose!