Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

COOL CORN posted:

Y'all it's this video, Justin didn't make it up

https://youtu.be/PMBXJ9I3pJM

By god this is incredible. Justin pulled out some dank rear end video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So far Sawbones was about average, they usually try to have something specific to the location but Alabama didn't really have a lot going on medical history wise so it was a bunch of small stories rather than one topic.

Shmanners I've never listened to so I don't know how it would compare to their other shows, but part of it was about not assuming gender norms so I wasn't sure if they really had the Alabama crowd(there were cheers, but scattered).

Theresa and Travis are completely adorable by the way. Their interaction kind of bumped Travis to my favorite.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That's some bull, UAB is forever doing weird medical poo poo. I'm sure GWC got up to some medical applications of the peanut while he was doing his thing at Tuskegee.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The live show was great. My question was actually the first one they read and opened the show with. Really good pacing and energy and no shenanigans so I think it will definitely be an episode.

One thing I think they changed, definitely different from the last live show I went to, there was no intermission. They went straight through without interruption, which really kept the energy and pacing up.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A good tummy day for Griffin

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Did they take a side for football? This is important. Also, how full was the place?

Newtypeblue
May 31, 2011

Warbird posted:

Did they take a side for football? This is important. Also, how full was the place?

It was amazingly, literally 69% full, as confirmed by the brothers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Warbird posted:

It didn't come up luckily. I think the crowd would probably go too nuts. I saw Hodgman in Birmingham once and he said he was going to sing Rocky Top because of a story he was telling about a gig in Tennessee, and the cried kind of started to slowly make him nervous until he said "You know what I'll sing road runner instead"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Someone earlier in the thread asked if The Empty Bowl is really a meditative podcast or not. I listened through the back catalog a couple weeks ago, and still didn’t have the answer. However, as of the latest episode I have figured it out. You see, it was in this episode that they introduced and discussed a meat flavored cereal, which is the conceptual opposite of tranquility.

“If you pour milk into it, will the end milk be gravy?” is a question which no human could attain peace while pondering.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It didn't come up luckily. I think the crowd would probably go too nuts. I saw Hodgman in Birmingham once and he said he was going to sing Rocky Top because of a story he was telling about a gig in Tennessee, and the cried kind of started to slowly make him nervous until he said "You know what I'll sing road runner instead"

Good call. That filth has no place there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Really brisk show too. Three emails, four Yahoo answers, a munch squad, and three audience questions. People who complain about there not being enough questions any more would really like this one.

I think they were more relaxed just based on Birmingham's airport being so close to the city

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
New TAZ seems to be out. Google Play hasn't updated my feed, but I've seen it up elsewhere.

Edit: I stand corrected

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's on YouTube, or was. I see it a few minutes ago

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ned and Duck are opposite sides of the fibbing coin and it never stops being a fun dynamic.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Apple podcast app has it so it’s filtering through everything

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Y'all it's this video, Justin didn't make it up

https://youtu.be/PMBXJ9I3pJM

How the heck did you miss my post twice?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Goddammit that TAZ cliffhanger

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Next episode the spooky crew gets busted.. by Alf!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/get-a-big-l...low_io9_twitter

Rockpoooort

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yeah, drat.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Shinjobi posted:

Ned and Duck are opposite sides of the fibbing coin and it never stops being a fun dynamic.

Ned: I can't stop lying!

Duck: I can't. Stop lying, please.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I spent a pretty long time reading the Wikipedia page on cricket after watching that Monster Factory video. Still baffled.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Cricket’s a poo poo sport, I wouldn’t worry about it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I played cricket in school and I don't understand it.

That's cos I mostly used it as an excuse to stand around in the field and chat with my friends, but whatever.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Wrestlepig posted:

Cricket’s a poo poo sport, I wouldn’t worry about it

poo poo sport, but great bats.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's just baseball with sillier terms and more decorum.

I had to play it at school a couple of times. I wasn't great at it so I always got put on one of the Silly points.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The one bit of cricket genuinely don't get is what's even the point of the fielders when so many of the possible hits are just a static 'you got a not-home run' style things.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Stroop There It Is posted:

It was a great cliffhanger and overshadowed the great NPC name Gregor Mortis.

I wonder if Clint remembered he could use a point of Luck at the end there, I think anytime the DM/keeper/whatever cackles and says "I want to make you do X" is a time where do everything you can to make sure you roll a success.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

C-Euro posted:

It was a great cliffhanger and overshadowed the great NPC name Gregor Mortis.

I wonder if Clint remembered he could use a point of Luck at the end there, I think anytime the DM/keeper/whatever cackles and says "I want to make you do X" is a time where do everything you can to make sure you roll a success.

Unless you want to see what cool story beat your son thought up and don't want to ruin his moment.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The whole thing ended up better BECAUSE of Ned of all people trying a magic ritual.

God that was great.

EDIT:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 10, 2019

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Probably my favourite part of MOTW is that everyone can just bust out magic and get some rituals going.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I got the impression that there might have been a cut and an OOC meta conversation had about what would be the best “for radio” call to make with the ouija board.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1095352086991175680

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
No new MBMBAM? :\

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
You would think that after 9 years they would have mastered the whole get-your-weekly-show-posted-at-the-same-time-every-week thing, but you’d be wrong

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They did like three live shows last week Griffin probably didn't have a lot of editing time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1095366233879441409

McElroys come to Brazil

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Warbird posted:

I got the impression that there might have been a cut and an OOC meta conversation had about what would be the best “for radio” call to make with the ouija board.

I just listened to it; definitely sounds like a cut between them joking about how funny a magic check would be and Travis saying "all right Dad, roll".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love that picture, Justin seems so uncomfortable with how lame Travis is becoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Escobarbarian posted:

I love that picture, Justin seems so uncomfortable with how lame Travis is becoming

Travis is basically becoming a juggler in all but practice. It's understandable that Justin would be upset.