Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hmm that's basically all the stuff I wanted so might have to get some of it this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Oh hey what do you know? I was just about to expand into gunrunning but decided to wait until I had a little more money. The Chumash bunker is now mine.

Does the 2x sales bonus affect the Sporting Goods part of a full nightclub sale, or does it only apply to the sales you do from the bunker laptop?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

We will see when I sell my 1.2m nightclub tonight

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As far as I know it's only the actual bunker, the nightclub shows no increased value.

Enjoying the sabre turbo custom I bought with the mad bunker bucks though!

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 30, 2019

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Do the upgrade levels in your individual businesses affect how fast your nightclub technicians accrue goods?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No, not at all, so if you're buying them for the nightclub just get the basic one.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
But if you want LJT to shut the gently caress up, buy the upgrades. After enough phone calls, you may decide it’s worth it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
yeeeeeeep

"LJT here, I feel like out little operation's going well..."

I don't know what he says past that, that's where I've hung up for the past thousand calls

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A million bucks to stop lester calling you is a tough choice it's true.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

He stops calling if you shut down operations with some supplies on hand, IIRC.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

And if you shut down a business it no longer produces in the night club, ergo shut the gently caress up Lester

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
It seems like there have been some new players posting recently so I wanted to bring up some cosmetic car glitches that might be new to some of you.

Yesterday I learned about the 4D paint job glitch with cars. Applying paints in a certain order allows you to stack 4 paint jobs which results in a really cool sparkle paint job.

This uses the pearlescent glitch which allows you to put pearlescent paint on any type of primary paint. (such as matte like on the following car)

Another easy glitch is the colored stock rims glitch which lets you put colors on the stock rims of some vehicles. This lets you keep the unique rims on cars while still applying color.

I've heard of other glitches which allow you to put liveries on cars that aren't supposed to have them, but I haven't tried it out yet.

ickna
May 19, 2004

How so you do the pearl on matte one? I’m ready to spend a mil respraying my whole fleet for that in midnight blue :eyepop:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

ickna posted:

How so you do the pearl on matte one? I’m ready to spend a mil respraying my whole fleet for that in midnight blue :eyepop:

Go to LSC - I can't do it inside CEO office custom garage but I haven't tried using ArenaWars garage.

1. Select your matte color.
2. Back out, go to Metallics, but don't select one.
3. Back out twice to main menu.
4. Go to Plate, and change your plate color (whatever is cheapest)
5. Go back to Respray -> Pearlescent - you can now select your Pearlescent.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 31, 2019

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Otacon posted:

Go to LSC - I can't do it inside CEO office custom garage but I haven't tried using ArenaWars garage.

1. Select your matte color.
2. Back out, go to Metallics, but don't select one.
3. Back out twice to main menu.
4. Go to Plate, and change your plate color (whatever is cheapest)
5. Go back to Respray -> Pearlescent - you can now select your Pearlescent.

Is there a way to do this on things that don't have plates, like the Avenger?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Preechr posted:

Is there a way to do this on things that don't have plates, like the Avenger?

Probably!

Here are a few of my matte pearls:

gray w/ lime green?
black w/ diamond blue
dark red w/ orange or yellow?
wine or black? w/ hot pink

I can't actually tell you which colors I used without performing the glitch again but here are some examples!

The colored stock wheels glitch needs the iFruit app (on your phone or Bluestacks emulator) but only works on cars without ANY chrome on the stock wheels.

1. Select cheapo wheel, paint them your color
2. Open iFruit app, find the car in your garage list, change wheels back to stock, process the order
3. Head to LSC when you get in-game text message, drive in, pay, you have colored stock wheels.

I've used this for Insurgents, Merryweather Mesa's and all my supercars (again, only if they don't have chrome elements on the stock wheels)

Here's the video for the 4D paint job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbLB0JQxSc which I just used to make this:

Otacon fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 31, 2019

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
The other cosmetic glitch I always use is the hat on mask glitch. You can use this glitch with either a telescope, or by correctly timing an outfit swap after getting off a motorcycle where you have a helmet on.

The telescope is the easiest method.
1. Put on the outfit with the hat you want, run past the telescope and smash the use button. You should run past it but activate a walk animation to get back to the telescope.
2. During the walk animation smash the interaction menu button until it pops up, then swap to the outfit you want to apply the hat to.
3. Exit telescope.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
how do you get 4 paints stacked?

I know I can apply a crew color, then chrome for crew tinted chrome, then pearlescent...

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Hugh Malone posted:

how do you get 4 paints stacked?

I know I can apply a crew color, then chrome for crew tinted chrome, then pearlescent...

Otacon posted:

Here's the video for the 4D paint job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbLB0JQxSc which I just used to make this:

1. Brushed steel
2. chrome
3. pearlescent glitch
4. crew color

I have no idea if you can do it out of order, but that is what worked for me

I have a feeling that possibly any metal paint job might work for step 1, but I haven't tested it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I need to start playing with the color glitches.

Showed woodch the hat/mask trick last night so confirm that it still works w your ceo office telescope. The correct order is to be wearing the mask first, then trigger the menu and apply a hat. Some places write it as wear the hat first and then do the mask

The colored stock rims trick does not work in the new Volvo sadly.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
thanks for the vid otacon, thats cool.

e: thanks Boner kid for reposting it, somehow I didn't see it up there

I miss the matte crew color glitch. it was just apply matte, then apply crew color and voila.

I had a series of eye melting full saturation neon supercars at one point, painted them thinking I could do it again, and they freekin patched it.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I was so annoyed that I couldn't use the color I really wanted with the graffiti livery

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I need to start playing with the color glitches.

Showed woodch the hat/mask trick last night so confirm that it still works w your ceo office telescope. The correct order is to be wearing the mask first, then trigger the menu and apply a hat. Some places write it as wear the hat first and then do the mask

Can I use this with goggles/mysterious black mask to make a Nightwing-looking thing?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can I use this with goggles/mysterious black mask to make a Nightwing-looking thing?

It should work with any hat and any mask. Only outfit I have saved that used the glitch was this outfit:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

BonerKid posted:

It seems like there have been some new players posting recently so I wanted to bring up some cosmetic car glitches that might be new to some of you.

Yesterday I learned about the 4D paint job glitch with cars. Applying paints in a certain order allows you to stack 4 paint jobs which results in a really cool sparkle paint job.

I knew about the other paint glitches, but how do you do this one?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

I knew about the other paint glitches, but how do you do this one?

In case you missed it

Otacon posted:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I think it works with hat/mask or hat/scarf or hat/goggles. All I know for sure is when you use the animal heads it squishes the gently caress out of it lol

biker helmet + gas mask

penguin + santa hat

mad about non stock colored rims

horse mask + sprunk helmet and bear + backwards hat

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 31, 2019

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Otacon posted:

In case you missed it

Evidently I am blind, thanks.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Speaking of glitches does anyone know how to spawn a hydra during heists? I was doing the Pacific Standard convoy and somebody brought a jet. It was awesome.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Glitter paint trick owns. I only have the Pure Gold and Brushed Gold unlocked so i can't get a good silver base yet but I can see this being fun. Too bad you have to use your Crew color, the light pink LLJK uses is real hard to work with :v:

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

When does the weekly bonus period change over? I was hoping to do one more full SC warehouse and sell what's left in my bunker before it ends.

Also, is there always some kind of sales bonus going on week to week, or are some weeks just lame crap like "earn double cash and RP on golf and enjoy 50% off on sailboats & bicycles"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dick Jones posted:

When does the weekly bonus period change over? I was hoping to do one more full SC warehouse and sell what's left in my bunker before it ends.

Also, is there always some kind of sales bonus going on week to week, or are some weeks just lame crap like "earn double cash and RP on golf and enjoy 50% off on sailboats & bicycles"

I believe the change is at 1:30amish PST on Thursdays.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Dick Jones posted:

there are generally a couple things from warstock, a few super/sports cars, and some properties or property improvements on sale each week. the bonuses are often terrible, double cash & rp for specific races or arena wars or deathmatch kind of poo poo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

I believe the change is at 1:30amish PST on Thursdays.

Not sure if it’s same on PC as consoles but if you have the game open Wednesday night and keep it open, it will keep the same specials until you finally do shut it down and reload the game to get the new update

I’d anticipate a fairly busy night on weds with people trying to squeeze out that last warehouse so it shouldn’t be tough to find goons to help out

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Is the cdkeys.com website sketchy like g2a? They have a package with gta v, criminal enterprise starter kit and a megalodon card for $37. A loading screen slide saying megalodon cards will get a 100% bonus at the moment, so that's over 16 million plus the stuff from the kit if anything isn't already owned.

I understand that means contributing to the shark card industry, though. But it seems a nice deal.

I finally got a nightclub and man is it nice afk'ing all day to then play later to do one delivery and make a decent amount with little effort. This double rate on bunker and cargo sales has been quite nice, too.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

AzureSkys posted:

Is the cdkeys.com website sketchy like g2a?

If you mean sketchy as in it's a risk buying off their store, no I don't think so. I've bought from them multiple times with no problems.

If you mean sketchy as in are they an unauthorised reseller, then yeah, pretty sure they're as grey as key markets come.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

AzureSkys posted:

Is the cdkeys.com website sketchy like g2a? They have a package with gta v, criminal enterprise starter kit and a megalodon card for $37. A loading screen slide saying megalodon cards will get a 100% bonus at the moment, so that's over 16 million plus the stuff from the kit if anything isn't already owned.

I understand that means contributing to the shark card industry, though. But it seems a nice deal.

I finally got a nightclub and man is it nice afk'ing all day to then play later to do one delivery and make a decent amount with little effort. This double rate on bunker and cargo sales has been quite nice, too.

Guess I'd be concerned about being able to apply those things(criminal starter, mega card) to your existing game account, or if they need to go with the new blank account. Not quite sure how the starter pack works if you're already playing and have stuff- if you already own the included sketchy weed farm in Paleto, do you just get that amount back in your wallet or are you SOL? Same with offices like if you already have Maze West and thats the included ceo office, whats up? Sounds like an invitation to the world of R* support tickets to try getting everything cleaned up. This is on top of the issue of getting these kind of keys from cdkeys or g2a or ???

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ive thrown the "Game + 8 million" CD keys at my account a few times and when you activate it'll just tell you what you already own and whats activating on top of it.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I got the mastermind pack and it netted me ~65,000 back from my MC clubhouse when I picked up the free one, nothing else had been bought that was in the pack to my knowledge. I think if you already bought the free stuff you're SOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

As long as you can get it for ten bucks or less the Criminal Enterprise Pack is a decent deal.

Also I sold 21 million worth of crates this week and never want to run crates again, but the double money made it worthwhile