Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The soundtracks of every mainline Final Fantasy and games like Tactics and every Dissidia were added to Spotify today. That's a shitton of music.

e: https://open.spotify.com/search/albums/final%20fantasy%20original%20soundtrack

Veib fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Just reiterating Tactics has the best soundtrack, mainline or not. It’s phenomenal.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Veib posted:

The soundtracks of every mainline Final Fantasy and games like Tactics and every Dissidia were added to Spotify today. That's a shitton of music.

Which artist are they under? Uematsu?

e: I ask because for every FF there's a ton of cover albums and stuff by nobodies

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Which artist are they under? Uematsu?

e: I ask because for every FF there's a ton of cover albums and stuff by nobodies

The games Uematsu did are under his name, but if you search for "final fantasy original soundtrack" you'll get all of them as that's the naming convention they're using.

https://open.spotify.com/search/albums/final%20fantasy%20original%20soundtrack

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Veib posted:

The games Uematsu did are under his name, but if you search for "final fantasy original soundtrack" you'll get all of them as that's the naming convention they're using.

https://open.spotify.com/search/albums/final%20fantasy%20original%20soundtrack

Ah, thank you!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This will completely change my drive to/from work.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Will it? Will it really?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I drive to final fantasy music in FF15, now I can drive to final fantasy music IRL.

FF15, the most realistic final fantasy.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gologle posted:

Will it? Will it really?

I like some of these soundtracks a lot and hated having to find playlists by goobers on SoundCloud or YouTube or whatever because they often have stuff missing or it'll shift into a bad remix

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

HD DAD posted:

Just reiterating Tactics has the best soundtrack, mainline or not. It’s phenomenal.

FFXIV has the best soundtrack because it has music from Tactics Ogre. Blasphemous Experiments is my jam :ghost:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Whelp not on Spotify here. gently caress whoever said no to that here. Hope they go deaf.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Well time to put the FF8 soundtrack on constant repeat for several years.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Time to get rid of all the lovely cover versions I've accumulated over the years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Now to wait for SE to add their other franchises.

e: Heh, both FF3 albums are in Japanese.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Now to wait for SE to add their other franchises.

Chrono Cross and Threads of Fate, TIA.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The Final Fantasy X-2 soundtrack's not on there. :smith:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

W.T. Fits posted:

Thank god.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^ ban

Bregor
May 31, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

What about XIII-2? Want to know if Spotify thinks it can ride this chocobo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If you can read Japanese, sure.

Half the soundtracks are in Japanese it seems like.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I never realised Dissidia NT had new remixes, I'm pretty into the Within the Giant arrange

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

so this means they'll be adding the nier soundtracks at some point too, right? surely they will, haha.... ha..... :smith:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Solovey posted:

so this means they'll be adding the nier soundtracks at some point too, right? surely they will, haha.... ha..... :smith:

Nier:A is really popular isn't it? I don't see why they would ignore the obviously great things there when it probably isn't that hard*

*assuming the music licensing part isn't hosed. sometimes it is, then it's just rip

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Bregor posted:

FFXIV has the best soundtrack because it has music from Tactics Ogre. Blasphemous Experiments is my jam :ghost:

i didn't know this

to what extent does tactics ogre exist in ff14

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

i didn't know this

Just the Palace of the Dead I think. I don’t play XIV but I ran across the music on YouTube.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

i didn't know this

One of the dungeons is a very specific Tactics Ogre ref and there are sets of armor taken directly from it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a wiki that has these particular soundtracks listed in english so i can compare

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I think 8's story would have a more warmly received if it were more simple on the surface. The plot of 7 was just about a momma's boy who summons a meteor. The plot of 8 involves mercenaries pitched against a sorceress which is complicated by mind-control, time-travel, flash-backs, and monsters on the moon. All the twists are technically foreshadowed but they feel out of nowhere regardless. They probably say what a Lunar Cry is before disc 3 but it's likely only told in easily-missed side-content.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

your summary of 7 doesn't seem nearly as comprehensive as your summary of 8

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The perception of FFVIII's reception has also changed over the years. When it came out the reviews were almost as good as VII's. Its reputation as the bad PSX FF developed over time. At the time I remember thinking IX was the odd one out from that generation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I think 8's story would have a more warmly received if it were more simple on the surface. The plot of 7 was just about a momma's boy who summons a meteor. The plot of 8 involves mercenaries pitched against a sorceress which is complicated by mind-control, time-travel, flash-backs, and monsters on the moon. All the twists are technically foreshadowed but they feel out of nowhere regardless. They probably say what a Lunar Cry is before disc 3 but it's likely only told in easily-missed side-content.

I feel like that's uh... not equal.

FF7 is the story of a small town boy who accidentally gets infected with space alien juice after his best friend, a super soldier also infected with space alien juice, is forced into a death fight against the best super soldier who is the son of a mad scientist, a less mad scientist, and a space alien. Said friend dies and space alien juice makes the boy think he is his friend upon which he joins an eco-terrorist organization to fight an evil corporation via terrorist bombings which brings him into contact with his friend's girlfriend who is also the last living descendant of an ancient race who can speak to the planet, which is alive...

Meanwhile FF8 is the story of a boy fighting an evil time witch.

(You get the idea.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Inspector Gesicht posted:

They probably say what a Lunar Cry is before disc 3 but it's likely only told in easily-missed side-content.
I think they say it in literally the first five minutes in the SeeD training documentation that nobody loving reads or in like, the SeeD rank tests that nobody loving does (and then probably never again)

8 also had a lot of totally optional content that nobody ever did

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah they mention the Lunar Cry super early along with the whole theres a goddamn space witch prison early on but in material nobody deals with.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think FF8 has more stuff in optional content then actual main game content.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Isn't the reason Centra (not to be confused with Cetra, which I still gently caress up to this day) the region looks like it got colony dropped because of the Lunar Cry, even

Like it looks like it got smashed from outer space

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Randallteal posted:

The perception of FFVIII's reception has also changed over the years. When it came out the reviews were almost as good as VII's. Its reputation as the bad PSX FF developed over time. At the time I remember thinking IX was the odd one out from that generation.

nobody played 9 because the ps2 was right around the corner

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
question for anyone who knows FF7 New Threat: how do you uninstall it? i uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the mod seems to persist. i thought i'd give it another try but it just fuckin sucks, everything about it is amateur hour bullshit. the mod creator, naturally, doesn't describe how to uninstall this mod in any of his documentation.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leal posted:

I think FF8 has more stuff in optional content then actual main game content.

I mean you deal with all that stuff eventually so its main game content, its just dumped in your lap though after not much fanfare.

Unlike the entire cosmology of the game existing in two optional conversations, one of which is a one time permanently missable thing.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

The White Dragon posted:

question for anyone who knows FF7 New Threat: how do you uninstall it? i uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the mod seems to persist. i thought i'd give it another try but it just fuckin sucks, everything about it is amateur hour bullshit. the mod creator, naturally, doesn't describe how to uninstall this mod in any of his documentation.

If you have it on Steam can't you do Verify Steam Files which would revert your FF7 directory back to default

I finished NT but last time I just deleted it to save space so I have no specific instructions sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i hadn't tried that, hopefully it works. i assumed uninstalling it and redownloading it would have the same effect but who knows these days