Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

We've completed our secondary goals of finding the stone monuments and the fairy clothes. Doing those led to a large increase of wealth that will let us fulfill our primary goal, buying the house in Hateno.

But while we're in the area, we've got enough materials to finish upgrading our runes, so let's stop by the Tech Lab first.

Let's start with the Remote Bomb.

Sounds simple enough. Let's do it!

Pretty much what it says. Larger blast radius, shorter recharge time. Handy!

Stasis+ is the interesting one, as it lets you use it on monsters. It even works on powerful monsters, though in those cases the charge times are brief. Still, this is just as useful as you'd may expect and will be valuable in future battles.

Well, I suppose with your Sheikah Slate and your legendary swordsmanship, we have nothing to fear. Yes, quite! Nothing at all! Not even... Calamity Ganon!

Another quest done!

Just one more thing left to do...

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u38/020.mp4

Certain clothes will frighten villagers. Mostly these are "scary" clothes, but it just so happens the fairy clothes also fall under that criteria.

Utterly delightful.

We've pretty much got the money, and after I clear these trees with explosives I also have the wood.

And sadly we cannot dye the fairy clothes.

A mass selling of gems later...

...and we hit our mark and then some!

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u38/026.mp4

After a brief trek of scaring more villagers, we're ready to become a homeowner.

Time to chat up Bolson.

Here you go!

All I needed to see... Good-faith wood. You're obviously serious about this, and now I know it. So, as promised, I'll sell you this old house for the low price of 3,000 rupees. Once you've got the money together, come grab me.

Now for stage 2.

Here you go!

Yes.

No way! Talk about studly!

Thanks for the sweet investment. Spending so much money on ANYTHING at your age... It's just so...studly!

So...next-job time, baby! What'd I have lined up again?

We're a homeowner now!

It's...kinda bare, though.

We only have one weapon mount, which we can use to hang our weapons. We certainly wouldn't want to break apart our Lightscale Trident, so let's hang it up for now.

Hudson also has a new quest available now that we bought the house.

What are you doing?

Taking a break. By the way... Did you buy that house?

Yes.

Impressive. You're just a pup.

Uh... come again?

Don't worry about it. Anyway...

What?

Looks like I've gotta head out and leave this place soon.

Why?

I've been transferred.

Transferred...

Mighta heard, but Bolson Construction is planning to expand big-time.

That's great!

Yeah, big expansion.

Where will you go?

Zora's Domain is north of here. We're going north of that, though. An area called the Akkala region.

That's pretty far.

Yeah...well.

Good luck!

OK then. Well... No time like the present, right? I should be getting on my way... If you'd like, you should come to the Akkala region and say hello.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u38/067.mp4

Farewell, Hudson!

Also watch Bolson during that animation.

Anyway, this is the start of one of the more interesting quests in the game, but more on that whenever we get to it.

Oh, yeah, thanks for the big purchase! Seriously, though. Well done! Where'd a kid like you get that kind of dough? Thanks to you, I'm getting a plum bonus! Me and my girlfriend are gonna grab a tasty meal!

Anyway, our house is pretty bare, so maybe we should fix that.

So the both of us sort of hit a personal milestone, huh? Time to kick back and get LEISURELY, baby!

Heh! You don't even have to say it. "Oh, wah, I just bought a house and it's totally empty and depressing!" Oh, sure, that's you to a T. I see it in your eyes. Yup, I was just like you, about a lifetime ago. So tell you what, lemme help by taking care of furniture, or the exterior, or anything really, for 5,000 rupees.

Just cruise on by whenever you have the spending cash and we'll talk.

The second part of the house quest is simply buying various upgrades for your home. Each one costs 100 rupees, with a total of 14 upgrades. Thus the extra spending money.

First, though, let's ask about Hudson.

Good old Hudson... Wonder if everything is OK with him up Akkala way. It's a nice enough region. But maybe all that cargo was a bit too heavy to travel with, even for him...

There's also another option, that, errr...

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u38/089.mp4

...Alright, then. Let's just ask about house additions.

There are three types. Interior installations, exterior installations, and gear displays like the weapon mount we currently have.

We'll be getting them all, but let's start with interior installations.

First, the bed.

First, we pay the money.

Then, one of several lines as Bolson gets himself up and ready to work. Other lines...

This work ain't doing itself.

Hang on a sec. Gotta get my mind right.

Then one of a decent amount of lines where Bolson pumps up himself and Karson, with Karson eager to jump in. Here's all the ones I got.

Karson! We are ON!
Yo!

Karson! Are we studs of studwork? YOU'RE DARN TOOTING WE ARE!
Yo!

Karson, awaken your inner animal! We are BEASTS OF CONSTRUCTION!
I'm with you!

Karson! Recall that time you dazzled me? Well, it's dazzling time again, baby!
Been waiting!

Bolson Construction! What's our credo?! With seven colors of paint...
Buildings bloom like the spring!

Bolson Contrusction! What's our credo?! If you can't pull the saw...
Then don't push it!

Bolson Construction! What's our credo?! THUNK! ZWIP! Hammer! Saw!
Good rhythm! Good jaw...b!

Bolson Construction! What's our credo? Any nail could fail...
So don't let your hammer stammer!

They are all absolutely marvelous.

Then we get to the actual building, done off screen.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u38/099.mp4

Worth a listen though!

Anyway, let's check it out!

The bed's one of the only functional items we get added, letting us pass time if we wish.

Next, let's get some lighting.

It certainly looks livelier now!

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u38/112.mp4

As a bonus, this happened after I get the last interior upgrade.

The final addition is the door. Gotta keep the elements out, after all!

First, let's get a sign with our name on it, because Link is anything if not humble.

I'll take the game's word on it!

Flowers...

...and trees.

The last option are gear mounts. You can have up to three each of weapon, bow, and shield mounts. This includes the weapon mount we got for free upon buying the house, so we'll be spending 800 rupees here to finish off the house.

And here they are in action. I'll be sure to replace them with more valuable items in the future.

Anyway, after all that...

Ah, such is the way of youth... Driven! Even reckless, some might say.

Karson! Look lively!
I'm with you!

https://a.pomf.cat/aeviuw.mp4

We've done it! We've finished upgrading our house!

Come to think of it, we've had no word from Hudson, have we? Hard to believe someone could get lost on a simple trip to Lake Akkala...

Where to?

He went to a place north fo here in the Akkala region called Lake Akkala. Looking for new and creative ways to expand the business, he said. I wanna help him out, but I'm still green. Part of getting better in life is realizing how much you have to learn!

Really, the house itself doesn't do that much besides give a few slots to store weapons and shields. The main reason to get the house is to have Hudson venture into Akkala, which is its own interesting arc. But we'll get to that in time.

Anyway, this is our house!

It looks much better with all the furniture!

It'd be nice if we could just kick back and relax for awhile...but adventure still calls and all. Which means it's time to figure out what we do next!

First, our updated map.

Next, an updated list of all the quests available to us.

And our current clothing:

quote:

CURRENT ARMOR

* Cannot be dyed

Head

Climber's Bandanna
Hylian Hood
Rubber Helm
Soldier's helm
Stealth Mask
Tingle's Hood *
Zora Helmet

Body

Champion's Tunic *
Hylian Tunic
Nintendo Switch Shirt *
Old Shirt
Soldier's Armor
Stealth Chest Guard
Tingle's Shirt *
Warm Doublet
Zora Armor

Legs

Climbing Boots
Hylian Trousers
Soldier's Greaves
Stealth Tights
Well-Worn Trousers
Tingle's Tights *
Zora Greaves

Dye Colors

Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Black, Purple, Green, Light Blue, Navy, Orange, Peach, Crimson, Light Yellow, Brown, and Gray.

Time for the usual questions.

* What do we do next?
* What should we wear?
* Heart Container or Stamina Vessel?

I'll put up direction and clothing polls up later today if needed and will try to get gameplay recorded tomorrow.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread