Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

maltesh posted:

If there's a gauge, then yes, you must harvest them. In this case (and probably in others), produce harvested by Juminos does not count.

pretty sure junimos harvested the majority of my gold parsnips that I turned in for that quest - you sure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Junimo harvests do count but only at the point you collect the crops from their huts.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Akratic Method posted:

Wait, what does fusing two of the same ring do? Just double the effect?

nothing; you can't fuse a ring with another of the same kind of ring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Scared to get a Junimo hut, but glad to finally find where you get them and some other crazy expensive stuff. And I thought this save file was basically infinite money sitting at 300000 cash in hand lol.

I've got a really good iridium sprinkler set up for giant crops and efficient scarecrow coverage but I don't think I left any room for Junimos, who might mess up giant crops anyway.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Tenebrais posted:

Junimo harvests do count but only at the point you collect the crops from their huts.

I was reading from the Wiki at the time, but have no personal experience, as in all the cases where I've had to harvest so far, I've had my farmer do it manually to avoid any ambiguity of my Jumino Huts stuffing their produce into Automated Chests.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Akratic Method posted:

Wait, what does fusing two of the same ring do? Just double the effect?

Also, I found a Hot Java Ring that makes enemies drop coffee more often and I don't know if I'll actually use it, but it's a fantastic idea for a magical item.

The Hot Java ring is a good way to make some cash. Most trips to the mines will get you 5k at least. Obviously the longer you're in the mines the more coffee and espresso you get.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

nothing; you can't fuse a ring with another of the same kind of ring.

Oh, it sounded like someone was talking about doubling up on a ring type but I must have misunderstood.

Khanstant posted:

Junimos, who might mess up giant crops anyway.

They don't! They can't pick them but they just leave them there. Literally about 10 minutes ago I happened to get an ULTRAPUMPKIN and the junimos picked around it just fine.

limp_cheese posted:

The Hot Java ring is a good way to make some cash. Most trips to the mines will get you 5k at least. Obviously the longer you're in the mines the more coffee and espresso you get.

Money is so plentiful I don't bother to collect it; this is a save file with the Golden Clock and large sheds full of diamond crystallators and ancient fruit casks. Time is always at a premium, though, and always having some run-fast juice on hand appeals.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Went to the Skull Cavern to grind out a Lucky Ring, showed up on the second floor I went to :psyduck:

Now I'm off grinding out Dust Sprites.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Akratic Method posted:

They don't! They can't pick them but they just leave them there. Literally about 10 minutes ago I happened to get an ULTRAPUMPKIN and the junimos picked around it just fine.

Good to know!

Unfortunately, I think I need to raze a lot of this in a few days come Summer or last day of Spring. I think if I understand my past self, I was overcome with hubris and thought I was Mr Megabucks and wanted to just get some megaveg to keep around all year because they are cool and pretty. I spent a lot of time setting up this obtuse layout to maximize giant-crop space. I would still one day like to sort out how to get some giant crops of diff types all grouped together perfectly, but now I need Junimo Industry.

This whole thing is also just a mess! I went through the trouble of making roads but then infilled in gaps with cobblestone paths, gaps I wouldn't have with a normal sprinkler layout. Then at some points I just jammed extra sprinklers to fill in some gaps randomly. I've got this outer route path but also these roads at arbitrary points... I have all this quartz I guess I was mass producing to make these road paths? In any case over half the farm is just a chaos field of grass where the garfields and cows roam free

Might even have to axe those trees, can't remember if any of those are older than the full spread in the greenhouse anyway.

Trying to farm as much fiber as I can before Summer for this jumimagic

edit: lol I don't think I can actually use my mill. I put it behind the barn to make it like an extension to hide it a bit with wasted negative space... whoops. I think I did this same mistake on my coop farm and had to fix it there too.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 14, 2021

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Khanstant posted:

Good to know!

Unfortunately, I think I need to raze a lot of this in a few days come Summer or last day of Spring. I think if I understand my past self, I was overcome with hubris and thought I was Mr Megabucks and wanted to just get some megaveg to keep around all year because they are cool and pretty. I spent a lot of time setting up this obtuse layout to maximize giant-crop space. I would still one day like to sort out how to get some giant crops of diff types all grouped together perfectly, but now I need Junimo Industry.

This whole thing is also just a mess! I went through the trouble of making roads but then infilled in gaps with cobblestone paths, gaps I wouldn't have with a normal sprinkler layout. Then at some points I just jammed extra sprinklers to fill in some gaps randomly. I've got this outer route path but also these roads at arbitrary points... I have all this quartz I guess I was mass producing to make these road paths? In any case over half the farm is just a chaos field of grass where the garfields and cows roam free

Might even have to axe those trees, can't remember if any of those are older than the full spread in the greenhouse anyway.

Trying to farm as much fiber as I can before Summer for this jumimagic

edit: lol I don't think I can actually use my mill. I put it behind the barn to make it like an extension to hide it a bit with wasted negative space... whoops. I think I did this same mistake on my coop farm and had to fix it there too.

ENHANCE

:catstare:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

limp_cheese posted:

Does it work outside the volcano?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

I always try and do my remodeling in Winter as there's more free time. Also you can now move your greenhouse (once it's repaired). I know on the beach map I have I moved it right next to my house so I wouldn't have to walk all the way across the map.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Can you get buildings (Robin or Wizard) on the island farm? I am itching to expand my minmaxed automated nightmare

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Akratic Method posted:

Can you get buildings (Robin or Wizard) on the island farm? I am itching to expand my minmaxed automated nightmare

No. But you can place craftables.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Akratic Method posted:

Oh, it sounded like someone was talking about doubling up on a ring type but I must have misunderstood.

You can still double up on wearing rings, you just can't combine them. So if you wear a combined iridium band and burglar's ring, and then a combined iridium band and napalm ring, you (in theory) get the effects of 2 iridium bands, 1 burglar's ring, and 1 napalm ring.

you can combine effects from different rings and have them stack, so if you combined an iridium band and a glowstone ring you'd get the light from both rings and the magnetism from both rings stacked together.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Yeah, uh, can we get some detail on this please?

I modded the dog into a dachshund to match my RL dog, but, uh, Garfield? Really?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Huh, didn't realise it was actually a thing

https://twitter.com/WholesomeMeme/status/1347551129601679361

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

LLSix posted:

Does it work outside the volcano?

Yep it works everywhere.

The normal mines levels 40-80 turn into a lot of coffee since almost every one of those small coal bastards drop one

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

webmeister posted:

Yeah, uh, can we get some detail on this please?

I modded the dog into a dachshund to match my RL dog, but, uh, Garfield? Really?

Found a mod on Nexus to change pigs to garfields and didn't have to think twice. Currently brainstorming what everything else should be, not NOT considering allfields.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Khanstant posted:

Found a mod on Nexus to change pigs to garfields and didn't have to think twice. Currently brainstorming what everything else should be, not NOT considering allfields.

does it change truffles into lasagna

do they refuse to find truffles on mondays?

how deep does it go???

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You don't want to know what it turns cups of coffee into.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Psion posted:

does it change truffles into lasagna

do they refuse to find truffles on mondays?

how deep does it go???

Oh man, I could be making lasagna oil in my machine... I modded the graphics basically be replacing the original art files, I'm assuming custom art for this game as easy as editing a sprite sheet png file. Wonder how long it'd take me for a full conversion to nonsense

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just go full Skyrim and install every mod you can find until your computer explodes.

Stardon't.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
So now there's a mushroom tree on my grounds and I don't know what I want to do with it! I think I'm going to build my first tapper.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Tappers are very good and you probably want a handful on each type of tree. Tree fertilizer is pretty good at helping you just set up a couple of rows for easy farming.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
One pine, one maple, four hundred oak tappers.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I cut down most of the trees on my farm and planted a tree farm in an out of the way corner. I think it has at least 8 trees if each type. It's been a few days since I set it up. I realized deforestation was in my near future so I tried to be sustainable.

This mushroom tree will be my first tapped tree.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Gods I hate the loving master fisher bungling. The poo poo fish just go up and down and up and down and up and down all the while jerking around way faster than the sluggish green bar or my trashy reflexes can handle. It's causing my wrist to hurt. :saddowns:

Is fishing skill 9 too low to catch crap like scorpion carp or lava eel? It seems impossible.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poil posted:

Gods I hate the loving master fisher bungling. The poo poo fish just go up and down and up and down and up and down all the while jerking around way faster than the sluggish green bar or my trashy reflexes can handle. It's causing my wrist to hurt. :saddowns:

Is fishing skill 9 too low to catch crap like scorpion carp or lava eel? It seems impossible.

It's tough but doable. Definitely eat some fishing skill+ food beforehand, it makes a huge difference (and can bring you above level 10)

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Which is better for catching the really tough fish, the cork bobber or the trap bobber?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I personally roll with the Trap Bobber almost exclusively. If I'm fishing at level 10+ I find the change to the decreasing speed more useful than an even bigger bar.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I’ve always had good luck with the cork

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Trap Bobber is what lets me wait out the very short twitches, but it's still rough on the harder fish. For some of the jankier fish it can pay not to try and react to every movement but is a matter of personal taste and reflexes. If you have crab pots in freshwater and are in year 2, escargot is a easy fishing food.

I put an octopus in a fish pond just because the idea of having to catch another was too scary. I should empty them into a box and put something useful in there next.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hello friends ive never played this much before, maybe like the first season, if that. but now im gonna do it. is there any like, qol mods, nothing game changing, to grab? I grabbed the NPC location thing since that seemed useful.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The past few years, ingame and IRL (I don't play that often), I've been letting mushrooms take over my farm.

Would recommend.

Also currently saving up for either the island obelisk or the golden clock. Not making money off my ancient fruit and wine as fast as I'd like.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
If you install only one mod it should be seasonal outfits

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

queeb posted:

hello friends ive never played this much before, maybe like the first season, if that. but now im gonna do it. is there any like, qol mods, nothing game changing, to grab? I grabbed the NPC location thing since that seemed useful.

I will always suggest the Harvest with Scythe Mod.

I'm too lazy to go searching for more links I didn't just have on hand but you can easily find these on the Nexus Mods site.

Skill prestige
Cooking skill
Better Artisan good icons
Walk Speed
Time
Look Up Anything (Unbelievably important)
Seasonal Villager Outfits
Automate (loving game changer)

That's the ones I got off the top of my head. I really wish Horse Whistle didn't break with this new update.

Edit: Turned out I was wrong, its just called Horse Flute now.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 14, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Skill prestige

This sounds cool except that the recipes reset. I feel like a ton of recipes are things just randomly mailed or given through events that don't repeat?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Khanstant posted:

This sounds cool except that the recipes reset. I feel like a ton of recipes are things just randomly mailed or given through events that don't repeat?

You can configure it so you don't lose any recipes when you prestige, how many points you get per prestige, how many points are needed for skills, the exp boost you get for having unspent points, probably others I'm forgetting. Otherwise yeah, most cooking recipes come from befriending people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Wildtortilla posted:

So now there's a mushroom tree on my grounds and I don't know what I want to do with it! I think I'm going to build my first tapper.

I spent three or so game years letting them spread from the one on the middle-left down to the lower left corner, and then carefully corralling their spawning to create the ordered array of tapped mushroom trees.

And then 1.5 released, and I found the location where you can outright buy Mushroom Tree Seeds.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 15, 2021