Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Nothing more bad rear end than being gifted poo poo nonstop.

He ko'd the number one contender, keven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
They had to photo shop a belt onto him

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Stephens vs. Holloway at 194

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dangersim posted:

may as well start calling him champ then

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

Stephens vs. Holloway at 194

Holloway should have that.

And that makes so we see the top 5 featherweights all fighting within 24 hours. pretty cool

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Dangersim posted:

Hell I guess he's the champ then, let's get U2 to play him out.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

And that makes so we see the top 5 featherweights all fighting within 24 hours. pretty cool

Yeah they're gonna figure out the future of the division in one shot

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
lol http://i.imgur.com/4kRlktD.gifv

Dirt
May 26, 2003

McGregor/Cowboy would be awesome.

Lots of interesting matches at Lightweight. McGregor/Cowboy? McGregor/Dos Anjos ? McGregor/Khabib? McGregor/Barboza?

Lots of cool fights.

Maybe Nate Diaz can go on some kind of win streak and we could get McGregor/Diaz. That would be hilarious.

edit: Also if Nate Diaz loses his next fight vs Michael Johnson(possible) they should make Daron Cruickshank/Nate Diaz happen. I don't know why, I just want to see that fight for some reason.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 4, 2015

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

premonitions...

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I think conor and cowboy have the same reach, which is pretty crazy considering cowboy is 6"1' and long

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arlovski those shoes don't go with that outfit! I still like you though

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That fight is gonna be rad. I hope the winner gets Fedor.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

I heard an interview with Lorenzo today whwhwhen they asked him if that was gonna happen, and he answered that he doesn't know where fedor is gonna sign, but he said it in a really coy way

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I don't mean that sarcastically either, like you could feel the dude smiling through the phone

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lloyd Boner posted:

Same

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Both these old rear end heavyweights are cool as gently caress. Going through Frank Mirs fightography on fight pass and he's got some cool finishes.

Also he calls his own fight off against Ian Freeman because Big John seems to wish for Mirs death.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 4, 2015

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

This made me smile

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
"Fedor, how do you think you'd do against a guy like Frank Mir?"

"I think you'd be surprised"

"I think he'd gently caress you up"

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I want fedor to win the ufc heavyweight title just to watch people get mad

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

"Fedor, how do you think you'd do against a guy like Frank Mir?"

"I think you'd be surprised"

"I think he'd gently caress you up"

I hope Fedor comes to the UFC and assembles a mixed record of bad losses and random KOs by goofy Russian hooks, proving that he was always the Slavic Roy Nelson.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

EvanSchenck posted:

I hope Fedor comes to the UFC and assembles a mixed record of bad losses and random KOs by goofy Russian hooks, proving that he was always the Slavic Roy Nelson.

I like Fedor, but this still made me laugh.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Which recent card was the one where every. single. fight. owned again?
I've been a little out of live MMA since being back in Germany for a while and I'm trying to get my new, non-poo poo roommates acquainted with MMA. Thought about going through a selected number from our FightPass Favorites, but I kinda want to turn it into a bit of a socializer with drinks, snacks and the whole event feeling.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Excelsior, true believers!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been a little out of live MMA since being back in Germany for a while and I'm trying to get my new, non-poo poo roommates acquainted with MMA. Thought about going through a selected number from our FightPass Favorites, but I kinda want to turn it into a bit of a socializer with drinks, snacks and the whole event feeling.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

I want fedor to win the ufc heavyweight title just to watch people get mad

me too.

But since I don't see that actually happening I just want Fedor to go 2-2 against decent competition in UFC before retiring again. that will give everyone obsessed with Fedor enough ammunition to talk about him for another 10 years.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Pickett/Almeida is so good and surprising in that I really didn't think Pickett had any good fights left in him at 36.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Pickett/Almeida is so good and surprising in that I really didn't think Pickett had any good fights left in him at 36.

Every fight on that card is fotn caliber. I've watched them all at least 5 times

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Also dana loving loves pickett. He doesn't care if he wins or loses, dude always brings it.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

Why does everyone forget Lamas?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Everyone should love Pickett. That dude has had such a disproportionate number of loving rad fights.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
start with the brown fight and watch 189 from there

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Lawler-Condit officially rescheduled for 195 on January 2nd.

:cool:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Fight Night 68

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Why does everyone forget Lamas?

Ricardo Lamas is currently 2-2 in his last few fights and is scheduled to fight Diego Sanchez, a man who hasn't competed at 145 yet and hasn't fought in over a year. Max Holloway is on a 7-0 run fighting Jeremy Stephens, a pretty solid featherweight.

I like Lamas and he's good but I'm not the only one who thinks he's behind Aldo, McGregor, Edgar, Mendes, and Holloway or else he probably would have been scheduled to fight on that weekend too. Basically UFC wants Holloway on that card so if there are any injuries to Aldo/McGregor or Edgar/Mendes they can save both fights. Like if Aldo gets injured again they bump Edgar up and then put Holloway in against Mendes. Lamas wasn't invited to that party.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lloyd Boner posted:

giggity giggity

Since it comes a few weeks after Aldo vs McGregor & that sweet FOX card instead of a month before them, that might draw some new eyes to the fight. And instead of the undercard being Michael Bisping and Who Gives A poo poo it'll probably be a sweet NYE stacked card. I think this one worked out for the best as long as it doesn't get rescheduled again.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lloyd Boner posted:

I'm gonna go to this card.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

-Atom- posted:

I'm gonna go to this card.

I am not, and am thusly heartbroken.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So the UFC added Ben Nguyen vs Ryan Benoit and Rich Vaculik vs Random Can to 193.

Looks like that's a full card. :sigh: Can't believe they want to headline a stadium show with a 30 second main event and a bunch of lovely locals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fight Night Dublin presale tickets sold out in like 4 minutes and the code they sent out in the email was wrong :(

e: all tickets sold out 2 minutes after going on sale

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Sep 4, 2015

• Locked thread