Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Is it possible to upgrade founders packs? Like if I buy the cheap one and I really like the game, can I spend 70 for the top pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Verbose posted:

Is it possible to upgrade founders packs? Like if I buy the cheap one and I really like the game, can I spend 70 for the top pack?

yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Verbose posted:

This is what you should do in fact. Buy the cheapest pack and decide if you like it IMO

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
nice avatar potatoe bear skin mask

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can someone make me a sweet sig for the OF? I will probably be playing this.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Can someone make me a sweet sig for the OF? I will probably be playing this.

Any specific theme/colors/pictures you want in your sig?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Kimsemus posted:

I wonder how many people have screen capped the spy post from other guilds, posted it in their officer section, and are now beginning a witch hunt that will result in nothing because...

some of those officers ARE goons.
That's the beauty of our spy network.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Macnult posted:

Any specific theme/colors/pictures you want in your sig?

French Filter and the rest idc surprise me.

Edit: I bought a 30 dollar pack under Rafzakael referral link. No loving clue if it worked because their system is dumb.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 17, 2015

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well Suzera's got me triggered to play this now

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also hahahaha an offsite forum

this always ends well

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Kylra posted:

That's the beauty of our spy network.

pm me your referral link if you have one please and thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BERGfu posted:

this always ends well

Yea

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Well everyone knows the real PvP happens on forums. The game is just there as a distraction.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also is this the same space violence I think it is?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I have no idea where space violence comes from other than a named we used in summer alpha here and it maybe being an EVE joke.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

BERGfu posted:

this always ends well

You gotta have a place for pubbies to vent their frustrations at us.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

BERGfu posted:

Also is this the same space violence I think it is?

no ties to eve goons as a guild. just a crude attempt at a joke and riling up pubs who play ao and eve

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Yeah its an old eve group that became something else. Wasn't sure if it was related.

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Most used new feature has been the duelling function. You can even wager silver in a duell.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Green Knight posted:

Most used new feature has been the duelling function. You can even wager silver in a duell.

Honestly one of the best features, I spent a good long time just trying new weapons at the T3/T4 level dueling people in cities.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Rafzakael posted:

Honestly one of the best features, I spent a good long time just trying new weapons at the T3/T4 level dueling people in cities.

Agreed; this is a very welcome feature.

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

I have heard due to the success they have added to their development backlog

a) Group Duells
b) Possibilities for spectators to bet silver on the outcome/winner

Just rumours though. You can never trust these greedy devs.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Green Knight posted:

I have heard due to the success they have added to their development backlog

a) Group Duells
b) Possibilities for spectators to bet silver on the outcome/winner

Just rumours though. You can never trust these greedy devs.

If this is the case (super secret dev leaks in this thread) I would love to see a Gladiator Arena property added to cities, that way I can run bum fights out of it and collect taxes on people betting

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rafzakael posted:

If this is the case (super secret dev leaks in this thread) I would love to see a Gladiator Arena property added to cities, that way I can run bum fights out of it and collect taxes on people betting

That giant area that is used for buying the town would be a great place for such an event! I'm pretty sure it's the map for the 20v20 or whatever a town battle is, but fighting there in the middle of an arena during that would also be really cool.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

pixaal posted:

That giant area that is used for buying the town would be a great place for such an event! I'm pretty sure it's the map for the 20v20 or whatever a town battle is, but fighting there in the middle of an arena during that would also be really cool.

I'm not going to lie, I think it'd be great to have a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 or 10v10 or however big arena, rankings, a viewing area, and a betting window that came up.

Alternatively there could be a warpto point from a fight announcer or something that teleports players to an arena in use or something

I'm throwing ideas out left and right but basically let me own a place to host bum fights please and thank you

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Is this going to be a bum rush for space to make a house or whatever? Like the appeal dwindles if I need to drop a bunch of cash because to first day land grab to get space from a swath of nerds.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

BERGfu posted:

Is this going to be a bum rush for space to make a house or whatever? Like the appeal dwindles if I need to drop a bunch of cash because to first day land grab to get space from a swath of nerds.

You can build your own personal house out in the main world, but there aren't really many advantages to that. Setting up shops in some strategic locations might be a slight rush, but most good spots were still open a few days/weeks into testing last time. City/territory plots might see a rush, TBD if it'll be as bad as it was last time though, or if most folks decide to setup on their guild islands first. For comparison sake, It won't be like AA.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

BERGfu posted:

no, we're not gonna slapfight over territory at CBT launch day. word is we're working with guild islands first

e: also yeah, you can make your own island if you don't want to hang out with us

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 17, 2015

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

2DCAT posted:

For comparison sake, It won't be like AA.

Well this is actually reassuring

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Rafzakael posted:

no, we're not gonna slapfight over territory at CBT launch day. word is we're working with guild islands first

e: also yeah, you can make your own island if you don't want to hang out with us

There hasn't been anyone who's a serious jerk off from the people here so it would be kinda silly to not work together.

Also kylra is solid and I trust their decision

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

One of the reasons why they have the "land auction system", to allow for some "Economy PvP".

Land Auction System:
  • You only rent a plot for 30 days
  • At the end of this period a bidding starts for this plot
  • However the owner gets a multiplier on his bidding in case he wants to keep it

Example:
  • Someone bids 100 Silver for your plot
  • You have a multiplier of 5
  • The multiplier is setup by the devs
  • You only need to bid 20 Silver to keep your plot
  • If You do not bid 20 Silver you get a % of the 100 Silver (I think right now its 50%)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You'll always have some land that is just for you on your personal island. There's zero chance of an Archeage type situation.

You'll probably use most of your personal island for farming purposes, but I'm going to hold off on a longer explanation as to why that is until a guide is put together.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

BERGfu posted:

There hasn't been anyone who's a serious jerk off from the people here so it would be kinda silly to not work together.

Also kylra is solid and I trust their decision

its me, i'm the jerkoff

Kylra posted:

You'll probably use most of your personal island for farming purposes, but I'm going to hold off on a longer explanation as to why that is until a guide is put together.

coming soon!

Green Knight posted:

One of the reasons why they have the "land auction system", to allow for some "Economy PvP".

Land Auction System:
  • You only rent a plot for 30 days
  • At the end of this period a bidding starts for this plot
  • However the owner gets a multiplier on his bidding in case he wants to keep it

Example:
  • Someone bids 100 Silver for your plot
  • You have a multiplier of 5
  • The multiplier is setup by the devs
  • You only need to bid 20 Silver to keep your plot
  • If You do not bid 20 Silver you get a % of the 100 Silver (I think right now its 50%)

Is there currently a timer that shows when the plot will be available for bidding again? I haven't checked plot rentals yet so I'm unsure. (For both the owner and for anyone interested in owning the plot)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rafzakael posted:

Is there currently a timer that shows when the plot will be available for bidding again? I haven't checked plot rentals yet so I'm unsure. (For both the owner and for anyone interested in owning the plot)

I believe there was last alpha, the problem was it just showed the time until the next payment was due not if they could afford it or not. So you didn't really know if you could buy it out at that time. I assume they are using the same timer to instead just offer bidding.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BERGfu posted:

Well this is actually reassuring

Yeah, this group has none of the AA drama, and we've been busting our asses since summer to make this game as fun for goons as possible.

In related news, they changed the name of the "Guild Discussion" section of the AO forums to "Forum PVP" because we basically carpet shitposted that forum into oblivion. :wooper:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, this group has none of the AA drama, and we've been busting our asses since summer to make this game as fun for goons as possible.

In related news, they changed the name of the "Guild Discussion" section of the AO forums to "Forum PVP" because we basically carpet shitposted that forum into oblivion. :wooper:
That's hilarious. I just noticed that.

quote:

This is the Black Zone of the forums. This is the ONLY place for heated discussion and Forum PvP to take place. Special rules apply. Enter at your own risk.
Be careful. When you post there you might lose your guild.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dont worry, we'll magic up some drama

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kimsemus posted:

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Knight
Jul 1, 2015

Yes you can see when the plot is available for bidding. The bidding period is also a few days. So you have time to organise yourself the money from your local goon.

• Locked thread