Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

great scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I had fun playing No Man's Sky before they removed the content.

http://i.imgur.com/7C4OVeA.gifv

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

emoji posted:

What is this some kind of garbage lego poo poo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

at the date posted:

game with no ending, dialogue alternating between drivel and nonsense when "translated" into English but who knows what the gently caress it was originally, delayed and ultimately shabby multiplayer, important character who has to be naked to breathe through her skin, microtransactions on top of $60 price tag to speed up time-locked content: basically flawless

Hey I know we're both trying to climb the old Eye Zee social ladder

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

at the date posted:

game with no ending, dialogue alternating between drivel and nonsense when "translated" into English but who knows what the gently caress it was originally, delayed and ultimately shabby multiplayer, important character who has to be naked to breathe through her skin, microtransactions on top of $60 price tag to speed up time-locked content: basically flawless

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

no man's sky looks loving amazeballs

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
I can't wait to play the game

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Some guy paid $1250 to get their hands on an early copy:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

5s story was really good. but my idea of a good story doesnt really hinge on whether i feel sufficiently Whelmed afterwards or not

i think the story has the strongest theming in the whole series, every single characters motivation is a different exploration of the idea of denial

its really good writing all around

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 29, 2016

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
This game is going to require an Internet connection to function at all, right? Is there a point to having a disc copy versus buying it digitally?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

emoji posted:

smashing crates is awesome so smashing infinite crates would be fuckawesome

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Copper Vein posted:

This game is going to require an Internet connection to function at all, right? Is there a point to having a disc copy versus buying it digitally?

It can be played offline. It just won't be able to add to the online database until you connect

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i found the post of mine i wanted to say again http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772738&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post459015312

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

love thinking about things i said and laughing

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

at the date posted:

do you want me to kick your rear end bitch

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Mokinokaro posted:

My bet is that it just spawns a player mob on any planet the database knows has a player on it.

No actual players. Just AI mimicking them. No gods, no masters.

each new imaginary feature a new delight

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game will be amazeballs

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

artists depiction of me finally getting my hands on this masterpiece on release day:

mysterious loyall X posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

how come a subforum can't have sovereignty over their own word filters? what good could a lame sa filter possibly do to the imp zone? I bet lowtax wakes up every day and screams "CUCK"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

program666 posted:

how come a subforum can't have sovereignty over their own word filters? what good could a lame sa filter possibly do to the imp zone? I bet lowtax wakes up every day and screams "CUCK"
he never really wakes up, on account of the, uh, boxed wine, and pills :D

program666
Aug 22, 2013

GameCube posted:

honestly thought this was retardedclown til I saw the replies

it was

program666
Aug 22, 2013

seriously, it was right there

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i hope my gtx 960 can run this game on good settings for space flying and creature naming

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I hope my geforce 690 sucks and fucks me while i completely immerse myself in the wizard of oz of our generation

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

program666 posted:

seriously, it was right there

Snowman Crossing posted:

Current thing is like:

:agesilaus: "We just want to ban some types of guns."
:dukedoge: "Well, which types do you want to ban?"
:agesilaus: *displays massive ignorance*
:dukedoge: *tries to explain terms that are used incorrectly*
:agesilaus: "Ugh, why do gun owners want to argue SEMANTICS???"

Because the semantics are important when you are writing this type of law. Otherwise just loving say you want to ban all guns.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that guy is badass

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That guy with an early copy says he did most of what's available in about 30 hours. Review copies aren't going out until the official release.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sean Murray telling everyone to stay away from whatever that guy posts lmao it's worse than I thought

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

hey Mods can we get a quick 72 hr probie for anyone discussing leaks / hating on No Man's Sky ? My hype is at an all time high and I shant brook any arguments from haters who are jealous they didnt make The Greatest Game Ever Made. Snoogins,mand thanks in advance.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

hey Mods can we get a quick 72 hr probie for anyone discussing leaks / hating on No Man's Sky ? My hype is at an all time high and I shant brook any arguments from haters who are jealous they didnt make The Greatest Game Ever Made. Snoogins,mand thanks in advance.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

FINALLY this game is coming out it feels like forever I've been waiting to see the games thread meltdown about this

program666
Aug 22, 2013

the joke of responding to gamecube "it was" was fairly obvious and nobody did it, and it was a good joke.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

program666 posted:

the joke of responding to gamecube "it was" was fairly obvious and nobody did it, and it was a good joke.

Yeah well I wasn't reading your posts or the other ones I just liked the Muh Fire Arms Man indentifying as Dukedoge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bolverkur posted:

FINALLY this game is coming out it feels like forever I've been waiting to see the games thread meltdown about this

Good news: the meltdown started about a week ago and is still going.

• Locked thread