Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
I was laughing at Fame’s tattoo from the beginning because the head looked like it was floating in front of the body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That was the best and most dramatic episode ever. I was grinning the whole time.

Josh totally read Art of War before the show and I can't wait for all his weird plots to crumble around his head. He's the Frank Mir of ink master.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
I was laughing so hard at the episode

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Yeah when they showed Josh grinning evilly in the background while Jeremy was arguing with Steve, we were cracking up.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

creationist believer posted:

It's not the judges that are being mean and stoking drama,...

Well, not since Nunez went too far after spending a whole season making GBS threads on and provoking that one guy until he snapped and tried to punch Nunez in the face. The guy was dragged off the lot while Nunez was claiming it was all for drama and not personal. Since then they have chilled some.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yay, new season of Ink Master Angels!! :neckbeard:

Sometimes you don't win friends with gourds.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Deanna got seriously hosed over on tattoo of the day there. Every other tattoo did negative space by just not drawing some element that would otherwise be drawn in. Her tattoo was the only one where the negative images felt like they belonged and looked properly beautiful in the image.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Those insects were loving baller.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

cis autodrag posted:

Deanna got seriously hosed over on tattoo of the day there. Every other tattoo did negative space by just not drawing some element that would otherwise be drawn in. Her tattoo was the only one where the negative images felt like they belonged and looked properly beautiful in the image.

I think where Deanna lost it for me in was in the bottom right where her negative space plants have a hard outline on them. It's a less effective technique than the way she did negative space tree branches at the top. I thought the way Juan positioned his negative space cat so it was glowing in front of any elements that were behind it and sharply covered by elements in front of it gave the negative space a real "place" in the 3D world of the tattoo, like there's actually a cat made of glowing light there. They were definitely the top 2 and I see great aspects in both tattoos.

Where Deanna really got robbed was in the flash challenge, where she composed a work of art for her team, while Team Steve made a "These colors don't run" t-shirt, complete with running colors..

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

creationist believer posted:

I think where Deanna lost it for me in was in the bottom right where her negative space plants have a hard outline on them. It's a less effective technique than the way she did negative space tree branches at the top. I thought the way Juan positioned his negative space cat so it was glowing in front of any elements that were behind it and sharply covered by elements in front of it gave the negative space a real "place" in the 3D world of the tattoo, like there's actually a cat made of glowing light there. They were definitely the top 2 and I see great aspects in both tattoos.

Where Deanna really got robbed was in the flash challenge, where she composed a work of art for her team, while Team Steve made a "These colors don't run" t-shirt, complete with running colors..

Team Steve's flash made me think of that lovely George Zimmerman painting.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes that thing had composition and actually looked like art. What the gently caress? Guess they didn’t want to be unpatriotic or some poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm disappointed that they weren't more imaginative in creating their negative space images and they just left an empty silhouette uninked instead of using other objects to frame it.

I was expecting something more like this:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm disappointed that they weren't more imaginative in creating their negative space images and they just left an empty silhouette uninked instead of using other objects to frame it.

I was expecting something more like this:

Yeah, at this stage in the contest I would expect the judges to be harsh on anything where the negative didn't flow naturally from the actual objects in the tattoo, but this is one of those challenges that I knew up front the judges would be wildly off from what I was thinking.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
On any other day, they would have read Juan to filth for the jacked up outline on his moon.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey Kelly, how hard was it to walk elegantly in a moon boot for all those full body group slo mo shots they insisted on including in every episode? :v:

zee is zae
Nov 7, 2004

(Don't run away, it's only me)

Hey Kelly, how hard was it to walk elegantly in a moon boot for all those full body group slo mo shots they insisted on including in every episode? :v:

I dunno. I would definitely ask someone who was able to accomplish the task if you find them.

I have a clear recollection of a labored hobble.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?
Anyone else find the elimination tonight pretty shocking?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, that didn't make much sense to me.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Yeah feels like they are making sure each coach has one person in the finale.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Just finished the latest IMAngels, god drat it was refreshing that the contestants were polite and supportive to each other instead of that fake rear end machismo sniping that we usually get in competitive reality TV shows.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

SaucyPants posted:

Anyone else find the elimination tonight pretty shocking?

The smurf tattoo was the worst! Can't believe he didn't go home for that jawline. Deanna wasn't my fav early on, but she put out some solid stuff late. Sucks she went home for some buck teeth. Rooting for Juan to win.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

bathhouse posted:

The smurf tattoo was the worst! Can't believe he didn't go home for that jawline. Deanna wasn't my fav early on, but she put out some solid stuff late. Sucks she went home for some buck teeth. Rooting for Juan to win.

It sucks that Deanna got eliminated but man her tattoo was ugly. I was rooting for her because I am always on Team Female Inkmaster, but now I'm just rooting for anyone not Josh.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I’m mad she got eliminated, but I agree that picking that tattoo was a choice. It’s going to be really close in the finale between Josh and Juan.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I thought it was hilarious how the producers went "Ohhh drat we need to stop making Josh look like an irredeemable rear end in a top hat and make him more sympathetic" and immediately started backpedalling and put in a bunch of clips about him talking about his anxiety and his grief over his lost family members and showing him crying instead of just showing him sitting in the background cackling over all the fights he causes. :v:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Just finished the latest IMAngels, god drat it was refreshing that the contestants were polite and supportive to each other instead of that fake rear end machismo sniping that we usually get in competitive reality TV shows.

The interstitial music on Angels gives the show a different feel, less confrontational and more of a happy contest than Ink Master.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I feel like the teeth on Deanna's could have been fixed. Roli deserved to go home for sure.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That tooth was 100% fixable. One line and some shading would have done it.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I wanted her to stay and everything, but DJ also could have told her to fix it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Taking a 2nd look at Deanna's tattoo, although the teeth kept getting mentioned it was easily fixable and did resemble the photo; the problem was the shadow under the right (as you look at it) eye. The shadow was pointed toward the nose whereas the photo shadow points toward the corner of the mouth. That little change gave the face a sneer and changes the emotion from positive to negative. Basically the light source for the eye doesn't match the photo.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Beer_Suitcase posted:

The interstitial music on Angels gives the show a different feel, less confrontational and more of a happy contest than Ink Master.

I assume all the licensed music in Angels is a freebie because paramount owns record labels too.

And yeah, I really appreciated the chill attitude of all the tooers in this episode.

I think Deanna did fine. The lady in the photo was cross eyed and buck toothed, I don't get what they're saying claiming she made her that way.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
She's been in the bottom pretty much every week so I wasn't too surprised to see her go even if her tattoo wasn't the worst. I assume at this point they're just making sure to even out the teams so there's one of each for the finale.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

21st Cherry boy posted:

She's been in the bottom pretty much every week so I wasn't too surprised to see her go even if her tattoo wasn't the worst. I assume at this point they're just making sure to even out the teams so there's one of each for the finale.

Also if they clear out one of the teams completely they won't have anything for their coach to do until the final episode and they're generating about half the ****drama**** so they need to keep them around

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Which is really too bad. I got tired of Steve's bullshit a long time ago.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I like all the coaches a lot less than I did before the season, that's for sure.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've been giving Steve a pass by virtue of him not being St Marq, which is what I thought during my first glance at the intro for the premiere

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

21st Cherry boy posted:

I like all the coaches a lot less than I did before the season, that's for sure.

I actually like dj a lot more after he talked about his troubles with the law. His emotional outbursts look a lot like a lot of troubled friends I had as a teenager in that light. Steve just seems like a jerk.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cataffy posted:

Yeah feels like they are making sure each coach has one person in the finale.

100% agree with that after they picked Roly over Jason. That pinup girl was messed up pretty bad and I don't think the Koi fish looked all that bad.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
The pinup girl was one of the worst of the season, and that's after the smurf. Pretty obvious scripting to keep him.

All that hype with the draft, team building, taking shots.... just so DJ could pick a snake.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

After last night's episode, I would have rather seen Jason in the final 3 over Roly. I do not see Roly making it into the final 2 on the finale, as it is. And between Juan and Josh, it might just be Josh that wins. Though, I'd probably prefer Anthony's team getting the win.

I have never liked DJ sine they brought him onto the show in shop wars. I am not sure if it is the way they just edit him or not, but he seems like a massive dickhead all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That's interesting because DJ is one of the few people on this show I've liked. Of course, that could mean I'm a massive dickhead all the time, which may be true.