Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol my palico put a monster in a series of traps and i just went to fuckin work on its rear end, and the sparks and explosions and damage numbers blooming off of it for like a minute straight was doing some 2001 a space odyssey poo poo to my visual cortex. its so epic

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

going wild when your homie busts into the arena on the back of a arzuros and starts wailing on everything that moves

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me and my palamute heading into a join request in progress

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Unlocked the gunlance rocket move. Hell fuckin yes, gunlance still rules

https://twitter.com/MH_Canta/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol goddamn

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Did you name your cat Dog and your dog Cat.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did you name your cat Dog and your dog Cat.

theyre a high tier mh player im a fan of for extremely powerful longsword strats, but that’s hosed up. psycho poo poo.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

deep reversnce for all the content creators that helped me solo G4 rank in MHGU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Holy poo poo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol ftw.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goss harag is such an insanely cool fight, gently caress yeah

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

The music is phenomenal especially the village music

I like that it's a crossroads-style town too, given what Seliana was

love Seliana, but I can't remember boat town and that sucked

HolePisser1982 posted:

gently caress yeah.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

trying out all the weapons this time in the training arena. i never gave any ranged weapons a shot before. i mostly only used charge blade in generations and world and it's time for a change. at the moment lance seems interesting as well as gunlance. but i'm sticking to the roulette pick of hammer for the first few quests until i get a few upgrades in.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also just god drat it feels good to hunt once more

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

wow the special license tests are a massive relief, just rushed the 4* and 5* village keys and skipped the hub entirely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

musclebusiness posted:

wow the special license tests are a massive relief, just rushed the 4* and 5* village keys and skipped the hub entirely

"..."

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

musclebusiness posted:

you son of a bitch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dual blades are so sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc6l9P31YT0

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

theyre. might have to go back to them after many years. glaive is my go to but honestly it doesnt seem to get much new badass stuff since the wire bug does a lot of the cool stuff it could do already

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Khezu is loving disgusting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

theyre a high tier mh player im a fan of for extremely powerful longsword strats, but that’s hosed up. psycho poo poo.

Lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

theyre. might have to go back to them after many years. glaive is my go to but honestly it doesnt seem to get much new badass stuff since the wire bug does a lot of the cool stuff it could do already

yeah, it's a real shame. IG feels like it lost a bit of its identity with wirebugs. a real shame too, because it is a very cool weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems like the only way to invite people to a Hunter Connect is to play with them in a lobby which is odd

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Khezu is loving disgusting

lol yeah. they added that gross rubbery sheen to the armor too, makes it look super hosed up and grody

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lol yeah. they added that gross rubbery sheen to the armor too, makes it look super hosed up and grody

There’s a hammer called Bag O’ Thunder that’s just its big gross mouth on a stick lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I was switching around to a bunch of different weapons until I spun the wheel and it suggested Switch Axe and now I'm a certified Switch Axe main. The wheel really does know all :stare:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There’s a hammer called Bag O’ Thunder that’s just its big gross mouth on a stick lol

I want to see how toy-like Full Voltage looks like

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, ive played 30 hours since friday and this game fuckin kicks rear end. they learned all the right lessons from world and cut the bullshit parts. all the weapons ive played feel dynamic and interesting and the switch skills are the best version of generations' customize your hunter poo poo, they brought back a ton of the personality and charm, and the new monsters are really good except somnocanth. bipping around on wirebugs and running up walls and stuff is great, and the levels feel like theyve got a ton of personality and hidden bits. imo this is mechanically the best monster hunter

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My only complaint so far is that the first few ranks of village are piss easy. I don’t have a lot of time to play so it sucks to just clown on everything within 5 minutes and zero satisfaction.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I should probably try some other weapons...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My only complaint so far is that the first few ranks of village are piss easy. I don’t have a lot of time to play so it sucks to just clown on everything within 5 minutes and zero satisfaction.

It feels like the village is pretty much a tutorial which as a noob I appreciate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Village does not go to HR, it's basically a tutorial yeah. I'm currently chillin in HR3, made them full Magnamalo set and trying to make a full set of elemental charge blades before moving into High Rank.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i’ve sorta been making my own challenge with the village quests, using crummy but cool looking equipment or stuff with fun skills, and it’s been good. but i’m definitely squeezing every drop of gaming outta this since its gonna be a few weeks til i’m vaxxed up

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

plus it’s great for getting warmed up with a bunch of different weapons and unlocking their switch skills and stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a charge blade that's simply a large Fish.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s cool that there are weapons that didn’t exist in world like a barroth hunting horn.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just beat village Magnamalo and god this game is so sick. Even though the roster currently isn't huge it's very, very strong. Can't wait to fight Nargacuga, he's one of my favorites

edit: what's everyone's wishlist for returning monsters? Daimyo Hermitaur and Odogaron both seem like they'd fit the theme very well

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 29, 2021

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gore Magala and Valstrax but I bet neither ever shows up

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Tetsucabra for me.

Magnamalo is so fun tho. I made his full armor set and like six of his weapons and still went back to fight him a few times because he's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I would like to see Nerscylla or Najarala again. I really liked Naja specifically because of how quick they were for a giant serpent monster. being coiled up by them is at once the most dangerous thing and the easiest thing if you've got a big shield