Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
aaron judge's camp is not very bright it seems

normally you expect so much more from a camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bewbies posted:

aaron judge's camp is not very bright it seems

normally you expect so much more from a camp

sure but the Yankees offense is mediocre, he's the best hitter by far and they can't replace him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This hurts.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1512511943797616646?t=Q83kkyOtSBEteF0XG0-TmA&s=19

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Weird, that video of Glenallen Hill looks different than I remember it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Non-tendered over $8 million

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

Non-tendered over $8 million

Which they immediately turned around to throw at the corpse of Jake, lol.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://twitter.com/d_russ/status/1512508451796234242?t=yu0E1ZAKX-C0vqbaQARWQw&s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Johnny Bravo posted:

Yeah I don't think that's gonna happen. Maybe if he was 2 or 3 years younger and I feel like even that is a big maybe
To me, his age isn't as big of the problem as it is his injury history

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Penisaurus Sex posted:

oh, I agree. I think it's a team friendly deal if anything considering what sort of value competent SS play provides to a team.

Just that if you want to look at Crawford on a hypothetical Great Mariners team he's probably your 8th or 9th best hitter. If that's the case, his bat is more than good enough. But if the Mariners were in a position where they were still giving 2-3 AAAA/AAA guys 600+ ABs a year then that contract makes less sense for the team (outside of purely value).

Yeah I think it's a good deal he's been great on defense and alright offensively. Plus he was a bright spot last year when their infield options were thin and the alternative was Dylan Moore or Shed Long both hitting below .200.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

FlamingLiberal posted:

First of all: gently caress the owners, but yeah- 9 years on the wrong side of 30 isn't going to happen unless Dick Monfort decides Kris Bryant needs a friend.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I don't know why, but mlb.tv is muting every commercial break for me. The sound goes away when the game goes away and returns when the game does. God is great.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

his age is an issue too - historically guys his kind of size/build do not age well, particularly in the knees

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

humpthewind posted:

I don't know why, but mlb.tv is muting every commercial break for me. The sound goes away when the game goes away and returns when the game does. God is great.

I swear every day MLB.tv works differently, maybe even every hour.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ty France, who set the Mariners single season record for hit by pitch in 2021, has been hit by a pitch.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

humpthewind posted:

I had this last year but no such luck this year...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/CBCOlympics/status/1512521595151163393?s=19

balk.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
GUYS JULIOS FIRST AT BAT IS COMING

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/CaseyPrattABC7/status/1512529321533091848?t=Ytzx6t6yR_-FHUhQ89Cb5w&s=19

Hunter Pence must have taken Brandon Belt aside and told him it's time for him to be a fuckin weirdo

(And I love it)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apparently the Twins are going to do a six man rotation to start the season which will probably correct itself before the end of the month considering who's in it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

N: JAVY
V: BAEZ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao my uncle asked me if the Mariners are supposed to be good so I went to b-r to double check how many wins they had last season and they added this to their 2021 season page

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao at the Tigers going nuts while the replay is still under review. Of course Javy can't just do a normal walkoff.

https://twitter.com/MLBPuertoRico/status/1512533642341326848?t=AYEq8qo5tMX9SDUDFE6f4w&s=19

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/1512520828256231427?s=20&t=FKcNvS7aUfhQPjz1Q-wiaQ

Supposedly Judge’s counter offer to the Yankees was 9 or 10 years at $36M per year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/based_ball/status/1512535450312871936?s=21&t=XjLE0QdFKWrAV6Ky-xcYdA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hey I forgot to put this in the OP but I have rectified that mistake

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos

Twitter account that posts literally every home run, I think it's mlb run and just grabs the video as soon as it goes up.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

ihatepants posted:

https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/1512520828256231427?s=20&t=FKcNvS7aUfhQPjz1Q-wiaQ

Supposedly Judge’s counter offer to the Yankees was 9 or 10 years at $36M per year.

Ten years starting in his age 31 season. What could go wrong?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

GoatSeeGuy posted:

First of all: gently caress the owners, but yeah- 9 years on the wrong side of 30 isn't going to happen unless Dick Monfort decides Kris Bryant needs a friend.

Kris Bryant being the perfect reminder that it only takes one. Will he get 324/9 on the market next year? Probably not, but part of the team benefit of extending your stars is that you don't have to worry about a bidding war with *spins wheel* the Padres after they magically shed Hosmer and Wil. Should they go and albatross themselves like that again? No. Would I want to bet on Preller showing restraint, especially if this season ends in a sweep or another collapse and his job is on the line? No.

213/7? Wouldn't shock me to see him getting as a FA. Why shouldn't he tell the Yankees they need to pay him more as a premium to avoid getting into a bidding war with an idiot billionaire?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol Aaron Judge really went for it

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aaron "I'm Basically Mike Trout" Judge

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

R.D. Mangles posted:

the last thing you see before you die

Return of the Burgin' meme

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Huh. I didn’t realize Apple TV+ has their own broadcast team for these baseball games. I assumed they were just going to essentially rebroadcast MLB Network’s (or RSN) feed similar to what Amazon does with Thursday Night Football.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Huh. I didn’t realize Apple TV+ has their own broadcast team for these baseball games. I assumed they were just going to essentially rebroadcast MLB Network’s (or RSN) feed similar to what Amazon does with Thursday Night Football.

The Apple telecasts are produced in conjunction with MLB Network, and they said they'll announce the broadcast teams on a week-by-week basis, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that more MLB Network personalities will appear.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Love that I can't watch an out of market game because it's an Apple Tv+ exclusive. Very cool, this will surely help grow the sport.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Severance is really good so Apple TV is worth it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Poque posted:

lol Aaron Judge really went for it
If that’s true (which, who knows), it’s ludicrous

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You heard it here first

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1512568740008837122?s=21&t=rDGtJpzg0Dapub7St-FpLg

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

not the 2022 WS but they probably eventually will

.....right?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I thought the apple TV games were free even if you don't pay for it

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

They almost didn't because of former Yankees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Popete posted:

Love that I can't watch an out of market game because it's an Apple Tv+ exclusive. Very cool, this will surely help grow the sport.

On the flip side this is one of the few Nats games I’ll get to watch on TV all season :negative: