Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Planet Witness

The Snitchful Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
all this dunkin on planet fitness when its the number one place to exercise in the comfort of your jeans/canadian tuxedo without judgement

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
My gym just renovated and set up two deadlift platforms face to face.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
So this is where the big boys play huh? Look at the adjective, play. Cause I ain’t here to play. (Proceeds to put in earbuds, walk exactly 25 minutes at a mild pace, then grab a slice of pizza on my way out the door.)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

pacerwpg posted:

Could be rear end to rear end if you really do it right

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

pacerwpg posted:

Love to stare into my bros eyes while we lift

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can check your form in the reflection on his pupils

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

Sit on another goon's shoulders and go in wearing an oversized trenchcoat.

Sounds like a weighted squat to me.

*slams Lunk Alarm*

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Has anyone considered that maybe lunks have feelings too? It's not just fatties that cry.

Maybe the hole that folks try to fill with cake and nachos isn't so different from the hole lunks are trying to fill with their sick gains.

Maybe think about that next time before you slam that lunk alarm.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

LIFT IT LUNKIE!!!!!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If someone tried to tell me poo poo at a gym id smash their fuckin head between two dumbells

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mr.Acula posted:

If someone tried to tell me poo poo at a gym id smash their fuckin head between two dumbells

I'd probably crumple them into a football shape and toss them around like a pigskin with my fellow kings.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
imma go pump some iron in my garage whjere i can grunt real loud and drink an obnoxious amount of water

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

It wouldn't even be difficult because the heaviest dumbbells they have are 50lbs.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I post in this thread and of course my gym gets stupid rear end teens acting like lunks immediatey after. One day, I get a group of three doing deadlifts that are way too heavy and constantly dropping the weight, the next night I get to see a kid nearly kill himself by bailing out of a way too heavy squat by rolling the bar over his shoulders, across his neck, and missing his head.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nooner posted:

imma go pump some iron in my garage whjere i can grunt real loud and drink an obnoxious amount of water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAmh7hfaBM

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Poohs Packin posted:

Has anyone considered that maybe lunks have feelings too? It's not just fatties that cry.

Maybe the hole that folks try to fill with cake and nachos isn't so different from the hole lunks are trying to fill with their sick gains.

Maybe think about that next time before you slam that lunk alarm.

I never consider anybody else's feelings about anything, ever, and never will

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nooner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1xoo_NdBdA

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
new business idea: a gym where the guys just lift each other up

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
If theyre charging you money you can go use the gym.

You got played, fool

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

BORN TO LIFT
WORLD IS A LUNK
免费披萨 EAT EM ALL 1989
I am muscle man
410, 757, 864, 350 DROPPED WEIGHTS

Wanna wear this shirt

Edit: seriously though being strong fuckin rules, i highly recommend it to everyone. the best way to get strong is to load up a bar real heavy and move it around. Pfs are convenient but they ain't great for getting down to brass tacks, nuts, bolts.

JamMaster Flash fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 1, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dsf posted:

new business idea: a gym where the guys just lift each other up

This is just cheerleading

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://youtu.be/bmgF_lZNTeo

Getting gym arrested for being too pumped and being walked out by two pencil necked weaklings and they feel the pump course through my pulsating forearms, a strength they will never know. Sirens wailing behind me

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is just cheerleading prison

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

fresh_cheese posted:

If theyre charging you money you can go use the gym.

What’re you, some kind of lunk lawyer?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Brother Tadger posted:

*eyes the button, fingers twitching...*

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

Brother Tadger posted:

Let the record show that my client was in fact carrying a 3.75 liter clear plastic carafe with a handle due to having a horrific gout flare up. It was neither a “gallon jug” nor was it in any way performative. It is medically necessary and under the ADA you may not discriminate against my client for needing it for their treatment of their condition.

As to the so called “performative grunting”…

Yea just kinda does that from what i can tell. It took me 30 minutes to get the jug statement conversation done. Its more like punctuation, really. So it also cant really be used to determine my clients “lunkness” given that it’s actually got nothing to do with picking up weights or exercise in any manner.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Man a GIS of "Lunk Alarm" really turns up some great results:

"unk pank"

pixar guy

running away after gettin' lunked probably

More AI - is pretty much every GIS result going to be AI soon? I wonder.

Skeleton, obviously my favorite

Me and my girl about the pwn the dweebs at PF

WTF but LOL

This guy.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*subtly hides Neanderthal features*

Wait no guys I can’t do this, we all have varying amounts of modern expressed Neanderthal features and I’m so sorry that you were birthed immaculately like some sort of cabbage patch kid test tube prom night dumpster baby, but the rest of the gene pool that has maintained a shred of intelligence in a simpleton butthole world would like to STRUT our large big toes, knobby knees, and beautiful and unique angular facial features AND get our SWOLE ON. :gbsmith:

*lunk alarm diminishes to a wobbly wimper, purple shirts walk out in shame while the PROUD NEANDERTHALS PUMP SOME loving IRON!!!*

:hai:

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Maybe Planet Fitness is on to something. I guess it's because school let out but nearly everytime I have gone to the gym in the past two weeks it's been full of kids trying to find new and exciting ways to kill each other with the heaviest weights possible.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Testikles posted:

Maybe Planet Fitness is on to something. I guess it's because school let out but nearly everytime I have gone to the gym in the past two weeks it's been full of kids trying to find new and exciting ways to kill each other with the heaviest weights possible.

Same. I dunno what is going on but there are so many goddamn kids now. The smug ones that try to aggressively hurry you to do their bad form 30kg squats are the worst. Don't you know the first rule of gym? If someone tries to hurry you, you work twice as slow of of spite.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, must be a blip because they lost access to the school gym and finished up their first year of weights. But what I've been treated to:

* Group of teens doing repetitive 1 RPMs of sumo deadlifts then dropping the bar as soon as they get the bar up.

* Teen barely doing a 185lb squat correctly. His knees caving in, spine bending like a reed. He gets two bad reps in and adds two more 5s. Gives it one last go and fails, bailing by not dropping the bar off his back but by bending forward and having nearly 200lbs roll over his shoulder, across his neck, and narrowly missing his head.

* Group of two athletic teens subjecting their willowy McLovin friend to a way too aggressive bench press. He can only do 1.5 reps of 95lbs with the bar going up at a 45 degree angle. He finally gets stuck under the bar and his friends give him the sage advice of using his chest like a trampoline to bounce the bar up.

* Squat failing teen returns again and hits up the squat rack again. Same weight. His spine is like a snake finding the deadliest angles to strike from.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oh boy the angry 40s goon has arrived

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Op, a real lunk would simply deck anyone who keeps you from coming back

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

Never thought it'd be me but then somehow it happened.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Peggy Edson posted:

only do deadlift squat and bench everything else is worthless isolation exercises serve no purpose except for idiots, idiot!!!! *chugs milk*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They should make a gym just for annoying teenagers

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooLeMxUI4JU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i once interviewed for a job at the planet fitness near my college. they needed an overnight front desk person and i was already working a lovely overnight job unloading trucks for a department store so it sounded a lot easier

The interviewer told me their target demo was single women in their 40s-50s who listened to coldplay and wanted to know if i liked coldplay

i didnt get the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

clean ayers act posted:

i once interviewed for a job at the planet fitness near my college. they needed an overnight front desk person and i was already working a lovely overnight job unloading trucks for a department store so it sounded a lot easier

The interviewer told me their target demo was single women in their 40s-50s who listened to coldplay and wanted to know if i liked coldplay

i didnt get the job

Goddamn you passed up on getting paid to drown in cougar pussy, way to go