Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Hey, just got back from vacation, should have something up soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Jawdins posted:

Hey, just got back from vacation, should have something up soon

Same for me, more or less. I'll start ironing out the kinks for the next run, expect it to go up sometime next week.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
A little bit of unfortunate news: My laptop broke. Thankfully, as far as I know, it's a relatively easy fix, and I do have a replacement part coming in Monday or Tuesday. However, if it's worse than expected, I might have to get it repaired which'll hopefully take a week at most. If worse comes to worse I always have my lovely desktop with the SR5E corebook on it and none of my run notes, so I will have to wing it. Thanks for putting up with these delays!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Triple (!) posting just to say that I got my laptop fixed and the next job is ready, just waiting on Jawdins!
Fake edit: That probably sounded way more rush-y than I wanted it to, and I'll keep editing and refining the job so there's really no rush.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Game's still going on! I'm just waiting for RonWayne and Jawdins to finish up their week, though if there's no response by next Wednesday I'll probably just move on and let them resolve it after the next job.

Also, this is happening in STL due to rain. I blame water spirits.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
poo poo, sorry about the delay, post up tonight, hopefully.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
lol at the kid in the background in that video at the end

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

QuantumNinja posted:

Yo where my GM post at? Bumping to hope this isn't dead.

Not dead yet! I made a promise to a few people that I'm not going to give this thing up as long as the players are willing to keep going. Right now I'm waiting for thatbastardken to make a post, so I'll give them until 12 am (central) on Thursday, August 6th. If they don't post by then I'll just move on without them and let them catch up.

Just so this post isn't without substance - here's a hint as to what's going to happen this run:

Art by Arthur Yang

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 4, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Bottom left, Yeah, I'm pretty sure my pc going around without clothes is going to be deeply unpleasant for literally everyone.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Ronwayne posted:

Bottom left, Yeah, I'm pretty sure my pc going around without clothes is going to be deeply unpleasant for literally everyone.

Well, holy poo poo, I didn't notice the literally nude lady. Sorry! NSFW'n that and going to find a better one.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

No no no, too late now. I got Stats+atts at A, edge 7, and a spur, I don't need anything else for this run. Nothing.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Job's up! Sorry for the false-alarm post earlier today - I've had some trouble with my keyboard lately.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Sorry for the relevant lateness in replies - a lot of change happened these past two weeks and it might lead to me being less responsive in the future. Not going to give this up, though - this game isn't over until I literally cannot do it anymore, or you all decide we've reached a crescendo.
Also, due to technical bullshit that I really can't figure out because I'm not technically inclined, I probably won't be able to hop on the #Shadowrun IRC anymore. If you need to reach me, my e-mail's kumatonsa@yahoo.com, and I'm going to actually get Platinum and an avatar sometime in the very near future.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
T-T-T-triple post for a quick update: my laptop is literally dying on me. Updates might be scarce until I get it fixed or get a new one.
Also: if you're still playing, Respond to Cirno's roll call within one week! If you don't, I might remove you from the run and possibly the game! ('Might' in this case means 'unless you email me and explain why you couldn't')

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Quadruple post to impart some bad news - my desktop has decided not to turn on anymore, which means that I'm without any useable computers other than my phone.
So I'm sad to announce that the game will be put on hold until either my laptop or desktop gets fixed. It could be tonight, but most likely, it'll be two weeks from now, I'm really not sure. This also means that Cirno's call to action won't count until I post another as soon as I get up and working again.
Was I cruel to children and small animals in a previous life or am I currently under cyber attack by hackers? You decide!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
HELLO FRIENDS I AM BACK

So I'm not gonna bullshit around with 'how much I've wanted to get back to this game' stuff - trust me, I really have been and I couldn't loving wait to get this post up. But, anyway, I'm gonna cut to the chase and say that if you're still planning on playing, post in this thread by Thursday, October 15th. If you can't make that deadline by the time it rolls around, or you won't be, email me (I've given my email several times in this thread already, so you shouldn't have trouble finding it. :)
Also, we're going to pick up right after your Johnson's introductury meeting since we've spent way too loving long in it anyway. I'll say we'll pick up right outside the restaurant, but when you post in this thread to confirm that you'll still be playing, you can suggest an alternate time and place that isn't right outside of Wizard's Wagon on the night that you want to raid it.
In any case - Sorry that I've been away for so long, hope we have a fun game, hope I'm not loving up and making the game boring, hope you guys haven't lost interest by now, etc.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I have yet to TRULY get my angry shootan' on. I'm in.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

hello.

also I'm still sad the grad student dropped, I never had a chance to find out where she lives and move on in.:kheldragar:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
There's a non-zero chance of some parts of St. Louis (mostly the county) becoming irradiated. This is probably something that'd happen in Shadowrun, too.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Welp cirno, looks like its just you and me. Team barely intelligible accented english gibberish GO.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
I'm in!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I will jump in if you are short on dudes! My application is already on file.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Reminder that you have until THIS THURSDAY to respond to the thread! If you don't then you'll be out of this run and maybe the game!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
:frogsiren: YOU HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE PLAYING :frogsiren:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Expect a post regarding the game later tonight. I. The meantime, here's your update on the radioactive hellfire.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So, for CaptainCarrot, ProfessorCirno, and Ronwayne - I feel like we really have three options:
  • Go ahead with the game with you three
  • Re-Open the thread to submissions until we have one-three more characters
  • Round out the team with GM filler characters
Personally, I'm leaning towards option two, mainly just so I can avoid a tie. What do you three think?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Reopening means even more delays. I figure drop us in and let us figure it out as we go. Two thugs and a pixie on a matrix run.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
All of the above.

Just keep the thread going for now. Run recruiting while we do the run (probably won't take super long I hope???). If we need GMNPCs, just grab one of the now missing PCs and play as them; we clearly lose them in the run (or they just don't join up for the next mission)

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Since ProfessorCirno had the best idea, I'm going to open up the game for submissions again.

So, if you're looking at this and you've been linked from the Recruitment thread, hi! I'm looking for 1-3 new characters to participate in this run and possibly the next ones! All Chargen rules can be found on the first post. Recruitment ends in two weeks, on November 13th, 2015.
Currently, the run is seeing if the host for the Wizard's Wagon shop has pirated content, and then stealing and possibly destroying the server if it does. The game thread is only four pages long so it won't take too long to read, and the current run starts here. We haven't seen any action yet, and it'll be easy enough for your characters to integrate into the run.
If you've already submitted a character and haven't gotten chosen, feel free to re-submit your own by just providing a link to your old sheet or a revised one, or create something new!
I can be reached at kumatonsa@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

For those of you currently in the actual game: I'm willing to run some casing stuff, e.g. scoping the place and the Host out, but I'd prefer to keep action to a minimal until we get the new players in.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 31, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Wouldn't mind resubmitting Big Joe.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'll see if I can't think up a dude for this!

Edit: I've got a Russian Shotgun Sharpshooter/B&E Tertiary Face in a folder I can submit, hmmm.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 31, 2015

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

So do you have any preference to archtypes?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

So do you have any preference to archtypes?

Not really. I did design this mission so the team's decker would have something to contribute, but it's easily doable by anyone with a basic knowledge of the Matrix.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I have a deck.

And like no computer skills, but I do have logic 6 and hardware 5!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Kumaton posted:

Not really. I did design this mission so the team's decker would have something to contribute, but it's easily doable by anyone with a basic knowledge of the Matrix.

Could we kidnap someone who does?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Could we kidnap someone who does?

Of course! That's half the fun of Shadowrun.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kumaton posted:

Since ProfessorCirno had the best idea, I'm going to open up the game for submissions again.

So, if you're looking at this and you've been linked from the Recruitment thread, hi! I'm looking for 1-3 new characters to participate in this run and possibly the next ones! All Chargen rules can be found on the first post. Recruitment ends in two weeks, on November 13th, 2015.

So, magic capped at 4? What's that about?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Cabbit posted:

So, magic capped at 4? What's that about?

I remember having a reason for it back in the spring when I started this thread, but the explanation's slipping my mind right now. I'll review the rules for magic later tonight and see if I can't re-figure it out.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I think it was because it was originally planned to be a roll 20 street level game that moved up to pbp standard gen but not all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Ronwayne posted:

I think it was because it was originally planned to be a roll 20 street level game that moved up to pbp standard gen but not all the way.

That's probably it, yeah! I don't think I got everything changed over, and I believe that by the time we decided to do PbP all the characters were already made or selected. I can change it if you'd like, or we can just go with it.

• Locked thread