Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna give it a skip but thanks for offering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
10. Josh Alexander
9. Speedball
8. Soup Boy
7. Darby Allin
6. Brian Danielson
5. Minoru Suzuki
4. VENY/AUSKA
3. Will Osprey
2. ZSJ
1. SWERVE WHEN I DRIVE I SWERVE WHEN I DRIVE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

Gonna give it a skip but thanks for offering

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And just like every single vote matters, every single list does too! There are some VERY tight rankings at the moment that even a single list could wildly shake-up, but only if you, yes YOU, post a Top Ten list!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Dear Lord, that's the loudest profanity I've ever heard!

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Coming in not quite as last minute as last year. I'm sure I'll be mad when I remember someone I shouldn't have left off.

10. Julia Hart
9. Penta el Cero Miedo
8. Rey Fenix
7. Will Osprey
6. Darby Allin
5. Bryan Danielson
4. Eddie Kingston
3. Swerve Strickland
2. Hangman Adam Page
1. Orange Cassidy

Penta and Fenix will be on my list as long as they are eligible

E: Spelling

Scruffy the janitor fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 27, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i too will post a list

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

the poster known as Rarity, is slowly but surely becoming a Known Troll. sad times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
If you still have a list to post, STAY IN LINE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:derp: AN HOUR LEFT! :derp:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:supaburn: 10 MINUTES! :supaburn:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Time's up!

Thank you to the 94 goons who posted Top Ten lists, I'll now begin the long process or putting together the results. With any luck they'll be ready to go out next weekend, if not I'll let people know.

Speaking of which, what would be the preferred timeframe for people? Morning? Afternoon? Evening? I won't be starting the results until they're ALL written up/graphics made etc so each ranking would be delivered on a set time frame.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whenever is easiest for you. Thank you!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

10am JST would be best, to cater for the sizable Australian and East Asian population that posts here

Thank you for your consideration

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If my conversion is right, that would be about 8pm Eastern Time? Which seems like it should be doable, though I'll doublecheck to make sure it isn't clashing with any shows people are likely to be watching instead.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thereabouts, I think Eastern is either 12 or 13 hours behind me depending on daylight savings and Japan is always one hour ahead because neither Japan nor Western Australia change clocks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
top 5 (well 2-5) is gonna be pretty gnarly to see how it shakes out

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Looking forward to seeing the numbers on how one list makes no difference at all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

changem y list if you can

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Thank you to the 94 goons who posted Top Ten lists, I'll now begin the long process or putting together the results.

Glad to add to your workload

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

Yeah lol there’s no competition for 1 this year

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Beepie in the top 10 :pray:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

If my conversion is right, that would be about 8pm Eastern Time? Which seems like it should be doable, though I'll doublecheck to make sure it isn't clashing with any shows people are likely to be watching instead.

Sorry this is 1am in UK time so I am vetoing :colbert:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Thank you to the 94 goons who posted Top Ten lists, I'll now begin the long process or putting together the results.

i havent been posting in here for long but ngl this thread is what i look forward to the most because it's just so drat good. cheers jru take your time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

Captain Foo posted:

I am very glad to see Raku take it at a walk.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Captain Foo posted:

It's actually very close between Kento & Yuma

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Jerusalem posted:

Firstly... whaaaa!?!?!

Second... I am imagining and refuse to be told otherwise that he looked and acted EXACTLY the same only he was shorter.

Yeah, just one of those things, we lived a few km apart but were on the same bus route because anglophone schools up in north Laval (Sainte-Rose & Fabreville represent, woop woop) are/were quite spread out.

My younger brother was 'best friends' with one of his younger brothers, one of my close friends was his classmate through high school, that sort of thing. The close friend was the one who off-handly remarked "hey, remember rami from the r28 bus? so he's a pro wrestler now, do you still follow that stuff?" in the late aughts.

I asked my bro just now and he described hanging out at the Sebei household, where the brothers would lay mattresses and fashion an ad-hoc ring in either the basement or out in the yard depending on the time of year, and do a bunch of spots. My bro took at least a powerbomb, perhaps more, from a 16~yo Rami during his visits.

stab posted:

What do you expect Laval is nothing but roads you can't get anywhere without a car/public transport

You haven't lived until you blitz via bicycle down Curé-Labelle through the stretch by the old Récréathèque. An entire dialect of franglais insults can be acquired through osmosis.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

kalensc posted:

Yeah, just one of those things, we lived a few km apart but were on the same bus route because anglophone schools up in north Laval (Sainte-Rose & Fabreville represent, woop woop) are/were quite spread out.

My younger brother was 'best friends' with one of his younger brothers, one of my close friends was his classmate through high school, that sort of thing. The close friend was the one who off-handly remarked "hey, remember rami from the r28 bus? so he's a pro wrestler now, do you still follow that stuff?" in the late aughts.

I asked my bro just now and he described hanging out at the Sebei household, where the brothers would lay mattresses and fashion an ad-hoc ring in either the basement or out in the yard depending on the time of year, and do a bunch of spots. My bro took at least a powerbomb, perhaps more, from a 16~yo Rami during his visits.

You haven't lived until you blitz via bicycle down Curé-Labelle through the stretch by the old Récréathèque. An entire dialect of franglais insults can be acquired through osmosis.

Thats why true Lavalois detour on the street to hit up Marathon

And lol Rami has like 37 brothers and sisters

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:siren:My runners up list, aka indie & other wrestlers I forgot to add to my faves list, in no particular order:siren:

Just cause these names are burning in my brain, I love them all equally:

•Black Terry
•Heidi Howitzer
•Dark Sheik
•EFFY
•Dr. REDACTED
•Sadika
•Hoodfoot
•Bounty Hunter Bryan Keith (signed now :getin:)
•Allie Katch
•Matthew Justice
•Janai Kai
•Big Hash
•VENY
•Miyu Yamashita
•Maika
•Thekla

...and dozens more. Picking just 10 isn't fair but seems the most honorable thing to do.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

stab posted:

Thats why true Lavalois detour on the street to hit up Marathon

I love Marathon but stopping for a heavy bite midway between ste-thérèse and ndg woulda made the back half quite brutal lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i'll have my list ready soon dont worry

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Sorry this is 1am in UK time so I am vetoing :colbert:

I don't know if there is any time that would fit Eastern, UK and JST time? At least one of them would end up starting way too early or way too late? Can anybody think of a reasonable time for all three?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tonight

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
8am EST could work. That's about 1pm UK and 10pm Japan.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my my how the tables have turned. it is now Jerusalem who is having to post the lists

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

8am EST could work. That's about 1pm UK and 10pm Japan.

That works for me if it works for (most) everybody else!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So, all going well the aim is to have the countdown begin at 8am Eastern/5am PST on Sunday the 4th of February. That works out to 1pm in the UK and 10pm in Japan. I hope that works for everybody, the idea is to start with a dump of the lower ranks from 53-45 which is everybody that got sub 10 points, give that about 15-20 minutes to percolate and then start posting each new rank every 3 minutes afterwards, which should mean the whole countdown is done in under 2.5 hours.

Thank you again to all who posted lists, I'm looking forward to showing you all who your (and thus, Punch Sport Pagoda's) Top Ten Favorite Active Wrestlers for 2023 were!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's me, I'm PSP's wrestler of the year