Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, my only issue is that we might be just about out of time. The scum teams have killed all the summons, they might be about to hit us with something crazy.

I'm still tempted to do what I said earlier and let the lurkers lurk and when they ruin the game maybe Pig will actually include anti lurker rules in his next game instead of allowing this to be a thing.

Also, because of this thing where everyone is focusing on lurkers, we aren't getting any scum reads and everyone's play is super lazy. I dunno if that's because a lot of you are scum and kicking back until victory or just laziness, but it means the lurker/disengaged numbers are actually growing despite us voting lurkers out.

I mean yeah, maybe. It is hard to know. Like I said, I'm working via process of elimination here on who I think is town and then there's a whole bunch of question marks for probably half the remaining game because despite being on what, Day 7? I have like no opinion on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Definitely Town
Asiina
KB

Almost Definitely Town
Inf
Taste
Little Mac
Pander

Had good feelings about once but I can't remember why, pretty null now
Bif

Null to maybe scummy but really hard to articulate why
Gulag
Mithross
Stickup

Why don't you just ask for a drat modkill please
Kashuno
Moat

I'm going to try to go through Gulag, Mithross, and Stickup today to see if there is enough there to actually make a real case, but that doesn't change that there are people who are straight up not playing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Definitely Town
Asiina
KB

Almost Definitely Town
Inf
Taste
Little Mac
Pander

Had good feelings about once but I can't remember why, pretty null now
Bif

Null to maybe scummy but really hard to articulate why
Gulag
Mithross
Stickup

Why don't you just ask for a drat modkill please
Kashuno
Moat

I'm going to try to go through Gulag, Mithross, and Stickup today to see if there is enough there to actually make a real case, but that doesn't change that there are people who are straight up not playing.

Go through Bif too.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Do people think pander is town cause of yang claim

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

In a game with two scum teams I just don't think he's worth pursuing for a variety of reasons. He's active, he's making cases, he's claiming a team role block capability. If he's scum, the other team has to deal with him eventually. If he's town, the other team has to deal with him eventually. I'm leaning town currently because for balance reasons I think this role, if he's telling the truth about it, only makes sense for town.

I really don't see how he makes it to end game though. Scum or town, he has to die. Same with me for being confirmed. I wouldn't be shocked if we both are out in the next night or two.

So, there are much better targets to think about.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

GulagDolls posted:

What do you think of bif?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Pander posted:

This is kind of a weird meta read, but Bif and I haven't had a page long setup spec/lore chat yet, which makes me think she's trying to appear more town by avoiding such things.

Like I said, weird meta read.

I'll read through her actual play when I get a break. I can't really remember much standing out, but given the speed at which this game moves that isn't necessarily indicative of anything.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Kain heard a rumor about a secret passage into baron castle so they sought it out, in the back of the bar they foun d Yang! he didn't seem to recognize them and seemed to be in charge of the baron soldiers!

He also seemed to be quick to fight, and he was coming to do just that.

A.) Beat some sense into yang
B.) See if you can talk some sense into him
C.) Buy him a drink
D.) just kill him along with the other soldiers.

You have until , whenever i wake up tomorrow to vote.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm about to go see Logan and then go try and get a Switch Pro Controller, so I might be spotty for the night. That said, I believe you beat up Yang in FFIV at this point. Not that following the story is necessarily the right way, but yeah.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think he would be easier to beat up if we get him good and drunk first

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I would probably appreciate a drink.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

C

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm talking as a real life person, I could use a drink.

Not as sure about yang.

But it sure beats A and D.

C

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

C

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ill take 6 of your finest ales barkeep man

C

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A would be the canon answer, but C does sound like a promising chance to stray from the game in a good way.

C

Mithross posted:

This is kind of a weird meta read, but Bif and I haven't had a page long setup spec/lore chat yet, which makes me think she's trying to appear more town by avoiding such things.

I was proud of that hammer post last night though.

King Burgundy posted:

But who is scum?

probably Kash.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I see all these good points on Kash but I'm not sure if I buy them yet, that catchup-posting where he missed KB's confirmed town status was pretty hilarious and I think a bit too clever for him to fake just to look genuinely confused.

So this was your last post about Kash when he was posting. Why is he scum now?

Also, there are multiple other scum right, who else is scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

So this was your last post about Kash when he was posting. Why is he scum now?

Also, there are multiple other scum right, who else is scum?

That was a while back! But since then all he's done is keep up the same "oh I'm just too busy, I can't be bothered" routine that I've seen him do several times now as scum. I think his recent "oh just modkill me then, I don't care I'll go play Zelda" attitude is just playing it up so we leave him alone.

As for the others, my scumreads are pretty much all dead by now so I want to look at Stickup again. I thought he still looked okay yesterday but I want to see where he stands on all this new info. I mean I took a while to soak in all the Kain stuff myself, but I've still weighed in even though I've got my own share of distractions and Stick's still not shown up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

That was a while back! But since then all he's done is keep up the same "oh I'm just too busy, I can't be bothered" routine that I've seen him do several times now as scum. I think his recent "oh just modkill me then, I don't care I'll go play Zelda" attitude is just playing it up so we leave him alone.

As for the others, my scumreads are pretty much all dead by now so I want to look at Stickup again. I thought he still looked okay yesterday but I want to see where he stands on all this new info. I mean I took a while to soak in all the Kain stuff myself, but I've still weighed in even though I've got my own share of distractions and Stick's still not shown up.

So it's no longer too clever for him to have faked?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

So it's no longer too clever for him to have faked?

I don't know, he could've really been catching up in one big go and posting as he went to look extra genuine.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

C

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
6 votes for C and plurality means it isn't possible for c not to win.

The trio buys yang a drink, and then another and they keep buying him drinks until he comes out of whatever mind control he was under and he agrees to join them in their quest to the castle, tomorrow, after he sobers up.

But little do they know, they have created an environment where yang develops a drinking problem and eventually it leads to his demise in the future.

How fiendish!

Fiend aligned players have had any "Once per game" abilities reset.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

gently caress.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I refuse to believe that drinking didnt solve the problem

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Moatillata posted:

I refuse to believe that drinking didnt solve the problem

We should have given him a bunch of dream pies.

We should solve every future event with a write in of dream pies.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Pander posted:

I went through your post history to find case on fisk/I because it was made using alien logic, and also found the one on bif, which, I actually agree with.

##vote bif

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

I went through your post history
I am so sorry.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WHO DA SCUM

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kash, probably.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Let Kash live, murder komaeda

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
catching up shortly

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

this is a stickup posted:

catching up shortly

:f5:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I'm thinking now it would be best to try and vote someone outta this clusterfuck at the end of the day, but I can't tell what's going on yet.

pera:
* only seems to mention MMT and Rarity in passing, saying she'll read their jokeposts, then a couple replies to them that don't seem to mean much of anything.

MMT:
* says she believes Rarity is being honest about being Leviathan, but setup specs about the summons maybe being the 3rd alignment
* says "While it's too early to make a hard call on this and I acknoweldge that it's not out of character for pera, I would call that a scum post"
* asks why you thought her and pera were scumbuddies
* says a couple posts later she's leaning town on pera now because:

* goes on to emptyquote Quidthulu's statement that the turbo includes scum on an easy vote.
* did also vote Infinitum after he got on Rarity's case, though...

Rarity:
* softclaims Leviathan right out the gate. Could be trying to build up townie flavor cred early, but I still think this is a bit too risky of a play for scum when it could just be a fakeclaim for the water fiend. Perhaps even more risky for a genuine third party since it shines the spotlight on the nature of their group.
* cast the first vote on pera and got the callouts rolling after the next big pera-post.
* did an about-face and unvoted after allegedly reading the FF3 game and seeing similar pera behaviour. (Fine.)
* later rethought this and voted pera again for having a terrible answer, has been pushing the pera vote ever since

So overall:
pera looks the most individually scummy.

MMT and pera could possibly be teamed - MMT was throwing only minimal shade at pera (I'd call that a scum post, but it's not out of character!) which can then be rolled back as the momentum builds and whoah, now it's all worrying and maybe a scum push

I don't think MMT and Rarity are likely teamed though, since that was a very backhanded "backup" that MMT gave - thinking the Leviathan claim is truthful, but hey it might mean she's 3P, guys. While MMT did vote Inf after he voted, Rarity that could have been more about protecting pera more indirectly by finding a totally new unrelated person to case.

Rarity and pera I don't see as possibly teamed. For them to be on a scum team together, this is what would have had to happen:

* Rarity throws down a first vote and case on pera just for kicks to try and get in some early distance, possibly assuming it will not build up steam or anything on D1
* Rarity then immediately takes back that opinion even though no one else had piled on yet, there was literally just Infinitum with that "WOW" post. This is the part I see as just too crazy. If you're going to bother bussing a scumbud that fast, at least make it worth your while and reap the cred for it instead of making yourself look scummy too while backpedalling for no drat reason
* Rarity then apparently decides to get back on the bus cause now everyone IS piling on, but if you were worried about that anyway why start it in the first place AND try and walk it back in such an awkward way beforehand, it's just nuts.

Regarding pander's Bif case, if you think bif is scum, this post looks like it has slips. Bif uses "teamed" and "on a scum team together" instead of "scum" and "scum together", day 1, before the fiend team reveal. By itself it isn't much (it could be awkward language), but it's one more thing.

Also Kash is scum, or he's town but so useless he's scum. Would love to kick him out of the party. Maybe fill his party slot with Tellah's corpse again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

Regarding pander's Bif case, if you think bif is scum, this post looks like it has slips. Bif uses "teamed" and "on a scum team together" instead of "scum" and "scum together", day 1, before the fiend team reveal. By itself it isn't much (it could be awkward language), but it's one more thing.

That's pretty good.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pander posted:

Would also vote gulag. I believe your claim.

Not as solid on Fisk. I need to re-read him. A few points kept me from just assuming he's town since he's a vig and definitely not a fiend:

1) Cecil was a Lunarian by birth.
2) Miller -> not-miller claim sounds identical to scum-> godfather.
3) Fiends almost certainly had at least one busdriver (Fisk's claimed vig N1 redirected, makes sense scum would busdrive themselves with someone).
4) NK pattern suggests that the fiends don't have a normal NK. Busdriver could be used to keep them safe from a Lunarian team with extra kills, like say a semi-frequent night-vig.
5) Claiming deathproof really useful for scum to explain why they don't get NKed. Could also be ACTUALLY helpful if it's legit to protect against fiend kills however they manifest.

These are circumstantial and conjecture though. I need to read him.

I don't really follow the points you're trying to make here. 1: cecil was lunarian by birth, hence might be lunarian aligned. from flavor I've learned thus far playing this game, it seems...pretty much impossible for that to be the case? if he's lunarian by birth but is a good guy, miller to not miller makes 100% more sense than scum to godfather.

3 & 4 make sense but I don't understand how either is a point towards fisk being lunarian over blue planet.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

sorry, I got stuck in traffic. I'm just starting to read up

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Well if you've kicked scum

Who was the scum?

Pander posted:

How would I know?

Infinitum posted:

Wait... you can't even remember who you blocked?

:allears:

Ok I'm waiting for you to explain this one Pander

Pander posted:

I kicked Lumpen N2 and N3.

His team got RBed.

What are you asking?

Pander posted:

Are you saying you believe that if I kick someone, I'm given the names of everyone of that alignment?

Really?

this whole exchange is weird as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

what the gently caress, I'm saying YOU might be overexaggerating if anything

I noticed this strange turn in that response compared to what you said, but honestly it doesn't make me feel super good about you being town

Bifauxnen posted:

Not necessarily. The poison-instead-of-normal-NK thing looks like it might have just been all bullshit to scare off voters since Inf didn't get poisoned, and Quid having a double-doc could easily explain some missing kills here and there. Not to mention your roleblocking them!

pander has thrown out a theory. instead of agreeing or disagreeing, you've added more variables in an effort to remind everyone that anything could explain this. while I agree that we cannot at this point assume the fiends have a kill or not, it would explain a lot if pander is telling the truth even if he is not town

it also would help keep the lunarian mechanics shrouded in mystery. that would be useful to the lunarians, for example, if people are still focused on the fiends having a kill or the lunarians having an extra kill. let the town run wild speculating about the setup and figuring out what's going on in the background instead of hunting scum

• Locked thread